Janny Nominations -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ineedahero

kiwifarms.net
Don’t nominate the best posters, because taking time to sort through article titles is time taken away from analyzing impeachment papers.

I nominate @Munchingonfish for being around for some time and one of the few good participants in salt mine when we had it.
That's why I haven't been nominated, or even mentioned, of course, it's all coming together now.

Also did you just call @Munchingonfish a shit poster?

Ebonic Tutor

"Beware the shitposting of demons."
kiwifarms.net
Anyone asking for some of the most popular posters here to become janitors must have brain damage. If you like what they do, don't change a thing. If anything, you should give the job to someone like @Rand /pol/ so we can torture him.

Or spread the love around and randomly select a new janitor each week and revoke their posting privileges site-wide until the week is over.
It's kinda like jury duty, you hate having to do it but after doing so you might come to respect or loathe the system even more than you already did!

Edit: The idea is dangerously close to Idiot Kings from Something Awful, so take that into consideration when thinking about the idea of doing this.

Arctic Fox

Does it have to be so cold?
kiwifarms.net
@Arctic Fox
@It's HK-47
@ProgKing of the North
@Wendy_Carter
@Exigent Circumcisions
Really anyone who's not going to get butthurt about opposing opinions would be fine.
Daw, thank you, hun.
Just got back into my account, so sorry for the late reply. Got access to my email back, and for some stupid reason all my password reset requests were marked as spam.
But I'm back, fucking woo!
Also, I appreciate the recommendation, but I don't currently have the time to help with this properly.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
Other capable people who seem to be around a lot and haven't been mentioned yet include @heathercho @Alec Benson Leary or @Ruin
I appreciate the nomination. We're suggesting people whose judgment we trust but are we also considering how much of a time commitment this is? I guess it depends on how many new threads get posted in a day, but whoever does it has to have time available to thoroughly read the source story in a fairly quick manner.

@Null it might actually work better if instead of 2, you have 6 or 8 people. There's enough named people that you could find 8 of them who can get along and just do the job (since leaving ego/editorial at the door is the job definition anyway), and though you emphasize moderation is not a part of it I think if there's only 2 doing it they'll still feel that pressure and burn out. Plus, a larger handful of individuals at the helm might help the whole board feel a little closer to the issue - any given poster is likely to have a conversational relationship with at least 1 janitor and feel confident in them - and thus feel a little more collective responsibility over the issue.

Syaoran Li

Clown World on PCP
kiwifarms.net
I appreciate the nomination. We're suggesting people whose judgment we trust but are we also considering how much of a time commitment this is? I guess it depends on how many new threads get posted in a day, but whoever does it has to have time available to thoroughly read the source story in a fairly quick manner.

@Null it might actually work better if instead of 2, you have 6 or 8 people. There's enough named people that you could find 8 of them who can get along and just do the job (since leaving ego/editorial at the door is the job definition anyway), and though you emphasize moderation is not a part of it I think if there's only 2 doing it they'll still feel that pressure and burn out. Plus, a larger handful of individuals at the helm might help the whole board feel a little closer to the issue - any given poster is likely to have a conversational relationship with at least 1 janitor and feel confident in them - and thus feel a little more collective responsibility over the issue.
Agreed. I think a team effort would work well. In addition to HK-47 and Senior Lexmechanic, I'd also like to nominate you, @Ruin and @Cosmos for the team as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino