Jason Reitman to direct a new Ghostbusters movie - Here we go again

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
I won’t go see it, but if they even have a halfway decent screenwriter on it, i.e. someone who can actually write a goddamn script, it would have to really work at it to be worse than the chopped together improv that was 2016.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyborg Scars

Jetpack Himmler

Grizzled Culture War Veteran
kiwifarms.net
And if Bill Murray comes back for this, then fuck him. He spent decades saying no to Ghostbusters III, and then Harold Ramis died. It would be an absolute slap in the face to everyone if he said yes to this.
I swear Sony was holding Bill Murray's family hostage during the promotion of GB2016. He really looked reluctant to be on Jimmy Kimmel (I believe) during the interview with both the original and new cast.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
https://web.archive.org/web/20190116201930/https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/01/16/jason-reitman-ghostbusters-3-sony-jumanji-star-wars-halloween-jurassic-world-box-office/

"To say that I have mixed feelings about this is an understatement. On one hand, you're rewarding a white male director whose last five movies bombed (and of those, only the two starring Charlize Theron and penned by Diablo Cody received positive reviews) the keys to a hugely valuable franchise mostly because he's the son of the guy who directed those first two Ghostbusters movies. And yes, unintentional or not, you're essentially rewarding the specific demographics who reacted in the very worst way to the 2016 Ghostbusters reboot with the thing they claimed to want instead of the... horrors... all-female sci-fi comedy. And yet, we have only ourselves to blame. Studios aren't charities and they tend to want movies that attract moviegoers and make money."

SMDH

Megaroad

Space Adventure
kiwifarms.net
I swear Sony was holding Bill Murray's family hostage during the promotion of GB2016. He really looked reluctant to be on Jimmy Kimmel (I believe) during the interview with both the original and new cast.
I believe in the leaked Sony emails they mentioned being able to sue him to Hell or blackmail him. It's how they got him on board.

Lensherr

kiwifarms.net
https://web.archive.org/web/20190116201930/https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/01/16/jason-reitman-ghostbusters-3-sony-jumanji-star-wars-halloween-jurassic-world-box-office/

"To say that I have mixed feelings about this is an understatement. On one hand, you're rewarding a white male director whose last five movies bombed (and of those, only the two starring Charlize Theron and penned by Diablo Cody received positive reviews) the keys to a hugely valuable franchise mostly because he's the son of the guy who directed those first two Ghostbusters movies. And yes, unintentional or not, you're essentially rewarding the specific demographics who reacted in the very worst way to the 2016 Ghostbusters reboot with the thing they claimed to want instead of the... horrors... all-female sci-fi comedy. And yet, we have only ourselves to blame. Studios aren't charities and they tend to want movies that attract moviegoers and make money."

SMDH
Scott Mendelson is a lolcow.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think I said it in the Ghostbusters remake thread but I think a "passing of the torch" type of movie can work and it's been proven to work in the short lived Extreme Ghostbusters cartoon.

This was a surprisingly good show and you could take that formula, make it about Ray (Dan Akroyd) being a mentor to a new group of Ghostbusters and it could work. They just have to have the right script and right cast.

Agent Wet

You all need discipline
kiwifarms.net
Please no more reboots of old IPs can you come up with a decent original idea or is everyone creativity bankrupt. Now of days I am more likely to not see a show or movie because it is being called an reboot,squeal or adaptation of something because of the expected quality of it being meh at best and awful at worst.

Ponderous Pillock

Welcome to Triple T, Tards, Troons and Trolls!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Might.... might this not suck?

I do feel a little sad for Leslie Jones and it seemed she was one of the few who understood comedic timing in GB2016, only running off the rails completely when the others were warbling non-stop thanks to Paul Feig's "Directing".

It does seem like it's going back down the route it could've taken, namely "Schlubby exterminators hit absolute rock bottom." Meaning I doubt we'll see Bill Murray (despite a lot of the uploads of this teaser saying "OMGZ TEH BILL") and instead see Ernie Hudson and Dan Ackroyd hiding out on a farm somewhere avoiding creditors.

Should be ok.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino