Jason Reitman to direct a new Ghostbusters movie - Here we go again

Jetpack Himmler

Grizzled Culture War Veteran
kiwifarms.net
Invoking the powers of thread necromancy because this is too good. Looks like Blue Checkmark Twitter is getting the tits in a twist because Jason Reitman says that his version will, "Hand Ghostbusters back to the fans."

And thus a new salt mine opened up. Here are a few choice tweets.

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 3.36.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 3.38.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 3.40.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 3.47.20 PM.png

This one has to be my favorite. His Twitter bio says that he's a contributor to the Washington Post and the Wall Street Journal, but I don't know if he's a fan of GB2016, or mocking the pitifully few fans of that embarrassment.

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 3.52.22 PM.png

If the SJW brigade keeps wailing like this, I may go see it because I could use the salt for my popcorn.

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Invoking the powers of thread necromancy because this is too good. Looks like Blue Checkmark Twitter is getting the tits in a twist because Jason Reitman says that his version will, "Hand Ghostbusters back to the fans."

And thus a new salt mine opened up. Here are a few choice tweets.

View attachment 671895

View attachment 671896

View attachment 671897

View attachment 671898

This one has to be my favorite. His Twitter bio says that he's a contributor to the Washington Post and the Wall Street Journal, but I don't know if he's a fan of GB2016, or mocking the pitifully few fans of that embarrassment.

View attachment 671900

If the SJW brigade keeps wailing like this, I may go see it because I could use the salt for my popcorn.
Ah, I was wondering why Ghostbusters was trending on Twitter today.

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
So far the only update on the movie is this bit of info:

https://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/news/new-ghostbusters-will-be-a-love-letter-to-original-films

NEW GHOSTBUSTERS WILL BE A LOVE LETTER TO ORIGINAL FILMS
9 hours ago by: Mike Sprague

As we all know, director Ivan Reitman’s son Jason will be helming the upcoming GHOSTBUSTERS 3 (or whatever they're calling it) and the new movie will go back to the continuity of the first two films. Last week we passed along new info on two new characters that will be busting ghosts in the upcoming flick, and if you missed that post, you can check it out HERE.

Anyhow, we're all looking forward to this new GHOSTBUSTERS movie with all our horror-hearts. And it seems like we're in good hands as director Jason Reitman was recently speaking with Bill Burr on the comedian's Monday Morning Podcast and said that his movie will be "a love letter" to his father's original film(s) and he just wants to "make a movie for my fellow Ghostbusters fans."

Specifically, Jason Reitman says:

"This is going to be a love letter to Ghostbusters. I love this franchise. I grew up watching it. I consider myself the first Ghostbusters fan. I was like seven years old when that movie came out and I love it. I want to make a movie for my fellow Ghostbusters fans."

Bring it on, I say. I'm sure the man is a true fan, I mean he has a role in GHOSTBUSTERS 2 so how could he not? But I don't know, this still makes me feel all warm inside, like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man roasting on the side of a building. How about you? Let us know below!

As for the plot, the film is said to

"focus on a family who moves back home to a small town. While there, they begin to learn more about who they are and the secrets of the town itself."

That's all we know at the moment, but I'm thinking we can expect to see all of this tie back to the original team of Ghostbusters in some way. But again, who knows? I guess We'll find out come July 10, 2020. Until then let us know how excited you are for this new GHOSTBUSTERS movie below!

L

LN 910

kiwifarms.net
This is glorious. They're essentially in the same position that the OG fans were in, except now they've demonised themselves by not only acting like how they claim other people are acting but even if they were being reasonable their old logic of "any critic is a manbaby" has now boomeranged back at them. I love it.

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
Update:

https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/captain-marvels-mckenna-grace-to-star-in-jason-reitmans-ghostbusters

CAPTAIN MARVEL'S MCKENNA GRACE TO STAR IN JASON REITMAN'S GHOSTBUSTERS
4 hours ago by: Kevin Fraser

Mckenna Grace, Ghostbusters

The cast of Jason Reitman's upcoming GHOSTBUSTERS film is quickly coming together and THR reports that the latest member to join up is Mckenna Grace, the young actress who was most recently seen playing a 13-year-old Carol Danvers in CAPTAIN MARVEL.

RELATED: CARRIE COON & FINN WOLFHARD IN TALKS TO STAR IN JASON REITMAN'S GHOSTBUSTERS

Details on the GHOSTBUSTERS sequel are sparse, but we do know that it will be set in the same universe as the first two films in the franchise. Scripted by Jason Reitman and Gil Kenan, it's been said that the film will focus on four teenagers, one pair younger and the other older, and that the focus will be on one family in particular. Mckenna Grace will play the daughter of Carrie Coon’s single mother, and the younger sister to Finn Wolfhard in the film, with production expected to kick off this summer. Along with CAPTAIN MARVEL, you may also recognize Mckenna Grace from I, TONYA, Young Sheldon, and The Haunting of Hill House. She's also set to star in the upcoming ANNABELLE COMES HOME. the latest installment of THE CONJURING franchise, as the daughter of Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga's Ed and Lorraine Warren.

GrungyLawnChlorinate

confirmed hairless and stable
kiwifarms.net
Update:

https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/captain-marvels-mckenna-grace-to-star-in-jason-reitmans-ghostbusters

CAPTAIN MARVEL'S MCKENNA GRACE TO STAR IN JASON REITMAN'S GHOSTBUSTERS
4 hours ago by: Kevin Fraser

Mckenna Grace, Ghostbusters

The cast of Jason Reitman's upcoming GHOSTBUSTERS film is quickly coming together and THR reports that the latest member to join up is Mckenna Grace, the young actress who was most recently seen playing a 13-year-old Carol Danvers in CAPTAIN MARVEL.

RELATED: CARRIE COON & FINN WOLFHARD IN TALKS TO STAR IN JASON REITMAN'S GHOSTBUSTERS

Details on the GHOSTBUSTERS sequel are sparse, but we do know that it will be set in the same universe as the first two films in the franchise. Scripted by Jason Reitman and Gil Kenan, it's been said that the film will focus on four teenagers, one pair younger and the other older, and that the focus will be on one family in particular. Mckenna Grace will play the daughter of Carrie Coon’s single mother, and the younger sister to Finn Wolfhard in the film, with production expected to kick off this summer. Along with CAPTAIN MARVEL, you may also recognize Mckenna Grace from I, TONYA, Young Sheldon, and The Haunting of Hill House. She's also set to star in the upcoming ANNABELLE COMES HOME. the latest installment of THE CONJURING franchise, as the daughter of Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga's Ed and Lorraine Warren.
When I heard teenager I assumed like 16 or 18, but 13? Ghostbusters kids movie. How bland.

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
An update:

BILL MURRAY WILL BE IN GHOSTBUSTERS 3 IF JASON REITMAN EVER BOTHERS TO ASK
14 hours ago by: Mike Sprague

As we all know, director Ivan Reitman’s son Jason will be helming the upcoming GHOSTBUSTERS 3 (or whatever they're calling it) and the new movie will go back to the continuity of the first two films. And today we have word that original GHOSTBUSTERS star Bill Murray says he's totally up for returning for this new film... if Reitman ever bothers to ask.

Bill Murray went on to say:
This franchise paid for my son’s college. We made this thing. We are the caretakers of it. It’s a great thing and it was a really fun movie to make. It’s a real movie with some really funny stuff in it. Danny [Ackroyd], Ernie [Hudson], Harold [Ramis], Rick Moranis, Annie Potts — they’re some of the coolest people and they had real careers. They treat people well. They really understand what it is to be a movie actor. It’s a complete collaboration.
Obviously, I would personally, love to see Murray return for this new film. But that kind of goes without saying, right? If Murray does take on a role in the new movie, he will be joining a cast that currently includes Carrie Coon as a single mother, with Finn Wolfhard as her son and the newly announced Mckenna Grace as her daughter. As for the plot, the film is said to
focus on a family who moves back home to a small town. While there, they begin to learn more about who they are and the secrets of the town itself.
That's all we know at the moment, but I'm thinking we can expect to see all of this tie back to the original team of Ghostbusters in some way. But again, who knows? I guess We'll find out come July 10, 2020.

• Autistic
Reactions: Jetpack Himmler

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
More Ghostbusters related news:

NICE! GHOSTBUSTERS 3 WILL USE MECHANICALS AND PUPPETS OVER CGI
7 hours ago by: Mike Sprague

I don't know about you but I'm super excited for director Jason Reitman’s upcoming GHOSTBUSTERS 3 (or whatever they're calling it). Not only will the new movie go back to the continuity of the first two films, and now we have word via Dan Aykroyd himself that Reitman's new GHOSTBUSTER movie is all set to feature more mechanicals and puppets than CGI. Sounds good to me! Specifically, he says:
I’m always urging to use puppets. I’m always urging to go back to the mechanicals. But CGI is so efficient and easy to use but I think that all of us are on board with the idea of maybe doing mechanicals and puppets where we can.
So what’s the budget?
It’s definitely going to be way under $100 (million). I would think. It can’t be $30 (million), $50 (million) would be stretching it.
Okay, so less than $100 million, but much more than $50 million... Huh. Whatever the budget ends up being, I'm already set to line up outside my local multiplex come opening night. Especially knowing the powers that be behind the scenes plan to do mechanicals and puppets over CGI where we can.
How excited are YOU? let us know below!
The cast currently includes Carrie Coon as a single mother, with Finn Wolfhard as her son and the newly announced Mckenna Grace as her daughter. Original GHOSTBUSTERS star Bill Murray says he's totally up for returning for this new film... if Reitman ever bothers to ask. As for the plot:
The film is said to focus on a family who moves back home to a small town. While there, they begin to learn more about who they are and the secrets of the town itself.

And Ghostbusters High:

DAN AYKROYD HAS WRITTEN A GHOSTBUSTERS PREQUEL CALLED GHOSTBUSTERS HIGH
11 hours ago by: Cody Hamman

Ghostbusters Dan Aykroyd

Director Jason Reitman, son of GHOSTBUSTERS and GHOSTBUSTERS II director Ivan Reitman, will soon be going into production on a sequel to his father's films that is set to star Carrie Coon, Finn Wolfhard, and Mckenna Grace as a family that has mysterious ties to the previous films. Speaking with 660 News, original GHOSTBUSTERS co-writer/co-star Dan Aykroyd, who will be serving as a producer on the new film, talked a bit about what the younger Reitman has in store for us - and where the GHOSTBUSTERS franchise might go in the future.
Aykroyd said that Jason Reitman and Gil Kenan have
written a beautiful script, I can’t say too much about it but it’s going to get made and hopefully there’ll be some familiar faces ... This just takes it to a new generation and a new direction that is so warm, heartfelt and indeed, quite scary when you confront some of the issues that are being discussed."
In previous interviews, Aykroyd has expressed displeasure with Paul Feig, director of the 2016 GHOSTBUSTERS reboot, and the fact that the budget of that film was out of control. Aykroyd shifts the blame from Feig to himself in this interview and praises the work that film's stars did, saying he should have kept a closer eye on the budget as a producer. Because the reboot only made $229 million worldwide on a budget of $144 million, the budget of Reitman's film will be much lower - "as little as we can spend".
Aykroyd has plans for more GHOSTBUSTERS projects beyond Reitman's film, and has even already written the script for a prequel that he calls GHOSTBUSTERS HIGH, which would center on teenage versions of the characters Ray Stantz, Egon Spengler, and Peter Venkman (who were played by Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, and Bill Murray in the original films). The story would begin when
they meet in New Jersey in 1969 and we’re looking to do that as probably a glorified feature or pilot within the next maybe five years…. And it would lead to a television project and I thought of (Jason Reitman) immediately for that. It’s on his desk but that’s years away from the current project. But it’s a neat idea for a prequel. Imagine casting the three characters as teenagers!"
Aykroyd reiterates that GHOSTBUSTERS HIGH would be "way, way down" the line - we probably have to see how Reitman's movie is going to do first, and if there are going to be sequels to that one.
The idea for GHOSTBUSTERS HIGH goes back at least a year and a half, as Aykroyd mentioned it in an interview with CinemaBlend in late 2017. When asked if there was any chance we could someday see a live action GHOSTBUSTERS series on Netflix, Aykroyd replied,
Yes. Absolutely. Sure. Sure. I can see several possibilities there. You know? Take a cue from these guys in Stranger Things and maybe have the Ghostbusters in high school or something."
As it turns out, he really wants to pursue that idea.

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
More Ghostbusters related news:

And Ghostbusters High:

How do you do a prequel when the Ghostbusting only began in the first movie and they hadn’t all met yet???

Oh wait, Akroyd is a crazy person.

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
Update:
Sigourney Weaver's in, reprising her role as Dana Barrett.

bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3565983/sigourney-weaver-confirms-shes-reprising-role-dana-barrett-jason-reitmans-ghostbusters/

MOVIES
Sigourney Weaver Confirms She’s Reprising the Role of Dana Barrett in Jason Reitman’s ‘Ghostbusters’!

Published
3 hours ago
on
June 7, 2019
By
John Squires

It had been rumored for months but in a new chat with Parade, Sigourney Weaver has confirmed that she’ll be back in Jason Reitman‘s Ghostbusters, which begins filming soon!
It’s going to be crazy working with the guys again!” Weaver told Parade, with the site adding that she’ll be reprising the role of Dana Barrett in next year’s sequel to the original.
Working with the guys again“… eh?
Yes, the site notes that Weaver will be reuniting with Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd in Reitman’s movie, who had also been rumored to star. Sounds like confirmation, doesn’t it?!
Finn Wolfhard (“Stranger Things,” IT), Mckenna Grace (Captain Marvel) and Carrie Coon (Widows) are thus far attached to star in the new film…
“A family moves back home to a small town where they learn more about who they are.”
Reitman co-wrote the script with Gil Kenan.
Ghostbusters will return to theaters on July 10, 2020.

ZehnBoat

0-3 sad shitposts
kiwifarms.net
am i the only person that thinks headlines like this is basically a trap?
oh were using the old technology so people think the script will be good too, because they're stupid nostalgiatards

at no point have i ever seen a shitty movie and went "hmm, the script is as useful as toilet paper. the actors are half dead. and the production quality was so cheap it wasn't shoestring, but you know if this was on film instead of digital i would give it a 10"

i don't care if the background is a green screen or a painting, just make a good movie.

kadoink

kiwifarms.net
I suspect this ghostbusters film might be a semi "goonies" film as well. Younger kids find and play around with ghost busting equipment(they'd be relatives of the original ghostbusters) and either let out a really nasty spirit that was contained, or a really nasty spirit shows up and the retired team has to do something about it.

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
Another update:

GHOSTBUSTERS 3 DIRECTOR TEASES BIG SURPRISE HAPPENING THIS WEEKEND
3 days ago by: Mike Sprague

I don't know about you but I'm super excited for director Jason Reitman’s upcoming GHOSTBUSTERS 3 (or whatever they're calling it). Not only will the new movie go back to the continuity of the first two films, and is all set to feature more mechanicals and puppets than CGI. Sounds good to me! And today we have word from Reitman himself that there is a "little surprise" for the film coming this weekend.
Specifically, Reitman tweeted out:
Working on a little surprise for this Saturday’s Ghostbusters Fan Fest. See you on the lot. #GB84
Now I can't help but think this is going to be a new trailer. But then again, Reitman does include a video of Bill Murray in his tweet so maybe he will be announcing Murray has finally joined the flick. Or maybe it's not anything much to report about... that could happen. Guess we'll see this weekend!
How excited are YOU? let us know below!

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
Related:

JASON REITMAN HAS UNEARTHED LOST FOOTAGE FROM THE ORIGINAL GHOSTBUSTERS
24 hours ago by: Cody Hamman

Ghostbusters Harold Ramis Ernie Hudson Bill Murray Dan Aykroyd

So this is the surprise Jason Reitman said he was getting ready to show to fans at the Ghostbusters Fan Fest in Los Angeles this past weekend. Working with Sony as he prepares to go into production on his own GHOSTBUSTERS film, Reitman asked the studio if he could look through the dailies for the original GHOSTBUSTERS, which was directed by his father Ivan Reitman (as was GHOSTBUSTERS II)... and while going through this old footage, he made an "extraordinary" discovery. He told the audience at the Fan Fest,
...we found (the dailies). They were in a mine in Kansas, and we shipped the boxes to Burbank. And we’ve been going through the footage for reasons I cannot tell you, but along the way we found some really cool stuff."
Reitman, joined on the stage by his father, then offered a sample of that cool, extraordinary stuff - as Slash Film describes it, it was "alternate takes, outtakes and other never-before-seen" GHOSTBUSTERS footage that has been sitting in storage since 1984.
Slash Film has video of the presentation, but the footage was just shown on a couple screens on stage, so it can only be seen from a distance, with the sound coming through the speakers at the event.
While it's great that long-lost footage has been located, what adds a whole other level of intrigue to this situation is Reitman's comment that he can't tell us right now why he has been going through that footage. That seems to indicate that it could somehow be important to what he's doing with his own GHOSTBUSTERS movie.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino