Javiera Alegria Solar / DestinytoMoon / Orquidia-art - One of SJW Art and Extreme's favorite cows, confirmed cis

Chromeo

Put a record on
kiwifarms.net
Not to beleaguer the point or clog the thread myself, I made some quick and rough color modifications there.
1605701468976.png

Miku's hair is much closer to green than it is to blue, so while it is a cyan color, your pick was way too saturated and way too blue. I also have no idea where that yellow color was coming from, but the primary trio made her look less "Miku" and more "party clown." Like GayestTrap said, the fewer unique colors you use, the better. Since Miku's original outfit was gray and black, with mostly cyan and tiny red accents, I figured that'd be the best scheme to go with. It's more recognizable as Miku beyond just the cyan pigtails.

The red accents were distributed nicely, though, so props for that. They aren't obtrusive and they complement the design rather than sit on top of it.

Something you're also gonna wanna do for future reference is check what your drawing looks like in black and white while you're coloring it, and make sure your values aren't too same-y. I'd also suggest staying away from the massive areas of solid black, 'cause they draw the eye to a stop and it eats up the lineart. Try a very nearly black color in the same hue/color family as another main color on your piece, like a dark magenta or cyan here, just light enough so the lineart's still visible but dark enough that people will read it as black on a first pass.

All in all, great job emulating Destiny's art style, and nice middle ground between the "latin-american grandma" and original Miku designs, but man, the ball was dropped hard with the colors. Solid B+ though.

darklord

is this the cocksucker residence?
kiwifarms.net
Not to beleaguer the point or clog the thread myself, I made some quick and rough color modifications there.
View attachment 1735626
Miku's hair is much closer to green than it is to blue, so while it is a cyan color, your pick was way too saturated and way too blue. I also have no idea where that yellow color was coming from, but the primary trio made her look less "Miku" and more "party clown." Like GayestTrap said, the fewer unique colors you use, the better. Since Miku's original outfit was gray and black, with mostly cyan and tiny red accents, I figured that'd be the best scheme to go with. It's more recognizable as Miku beyond just the cyan pigtails.

The red accents were distributed nicely, though, so props for that. They aren't obtrusive and they complement the design rather than sit on top of it.

Something you're also gonna wanna do for future reference is check what your drawing looks like in black and white while you're coloring it, and make sure your values aren't too same-y. I'd also suggest staying away from the massive areas of solid black, 'cause they draw the eye to a stop and it eats up the lineart. Try a very nearly black color in the same hue/color family as another main color on your piece, like a dark magenta or cyan here, just light enough so the lineart's still visible but dark enough that people will read it as black on a first pass.

All in all, great job emulating Destiny's art style, and nice middle ground between the "latin-american grandma" and original Miku designs, but man, the ball was dropped hard with the colors. Solid B+ though.
you didn’t improve shit except the legs tbh

Grape_Soda

The Queen of Spicy Opinions
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1735626

Good edit!
Also sorry for de-railing the topic. I’ll post and link to the farmers redraw thread in the future.

assigned stupid at birth

try and one up me again bitch
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1734768
View attachment 1734770

Destiny, references are your best friend. This took me two to three minutes max to find a wheelchair picture for the exact same angle.

Destiny very likely based her drawing off this tutorial: https://calvin-arium.tumblr.com/post/184341867538/its-here-the-guide-for-two-legged-people-who

tumblr_pqbetxJQXo1vekje3o7_1280.jpg

Her rendering is still abysmal and whether she just referenced this scribble example(which seems very likely) or actually drew from a real photo, it looks like it was done in 30 seconds max.

Princess Peaches

White people sheesh!
kiwifarms.net
Destiny very likely based her drawing off this tutorial: https://calvin-arium.tumblr.com/post/184341867538/its-here-the-guide-for-two-legged-people-who

View attachment 1736159

Her rendering is still abysmal and whether she just referenced this scribble example(which seems very likely) or actually drew from a real photo, it looks like it was done in 30 seconds max.

Where did this person get the reference for their chair? I’ve never send a wheelchair that looks like that.

Caramelo

The mongrel
kiwifarms.net
Where did this person get the reference for their chair? I’ve never send a wheelchair that looks like that.
I believe that wheelchair is the sportive kind:

vida-active-top-image.jpg

I also don't know much, but I believe paraolimpic athletes don't use this kind of chair all the time, only during games...?

Anyway, a common advice to artist is AVOID OTHER DRAWINGS AS REFERENCE. When we sketch something we are observing or a photo, there already will be little "aberrations" due to our perception. If you sketch from something that alredy was distorted by another's perception, it obviously gets double distorted.

(Edited to change the image. The previous was with a fucked up background. I didn't notice because I was with light theme. xD)

Last edited:

BoobWhiskers

phantom feminized testicles
kiwifarms.net
elieve that
Anyway, a common advice to artist is AVOID OTHER DRAWINGS AS REFERENCE. When we sketch something we are observing or a photo, there already will be little "aberrations" due to our perception. If you sketch from something that alredy was distorted by another's perception, it obviously gets double distorted.
Christ yeah, Javiera isn't good enough at (perspective, good construction, anything that isn't hairy lesbians in one of three prefab poses) to try and waffle her way through something like this without a real ref. Between the actually skewed wheels and her very loose grasp on perspective the chair was already going cubist on her.

NoFeline

Xenic, adjectⅳe: denot㏌g the presence of bacteria
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah it's very high end shit that the vast majority of wheelchair bound people cannot afford and IIRC the person was eventually called out for legitimate classism for implying normal wheelchairs are offensive.

Dorami

Ceritified Cereal Mascot.
kiwifarms.net
Uhhh Javiera? I don’t think they’re being homophobic. I think they’re calling you out for other reasons.
The tweet in question, because it's cute when chicks vagueblog so whoever hey are talking about won't defend themselves.
This is just another case of "fujoshis/himetoshis cannot see the close friendship between two males/females as anything other than them being gay/lesbian" and trying to paint it as a social issue when called out, though.

As an aside, here I thought Destiny just wanted to spread those "good vibes uwu" on her profile, but she seems to have been quite seethy today!
Mostly because of this series of tweets of her ranting in Spanish about The TERFs(tm): archive #1 and archive #2.
Tweet 1: Don't you ever see "feminists" being transphobic and you just want to tell them to fuck off?
Tweet #2: And they literally reduce everything, like without talking about the transphobia, "bye-bye to intersexual women" by their own logic.
Tweet #3: In this account I block transphobic, biphobic, lesbophobic chicks that shield their transphobic on "feminism".

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: probably a lesbian

Unhindered Clown

acoustic ne'er do well
kiwifarms.net
I don’t think the art is fetishizing but people should be annoyed at how mediocre the art is.
To be perfectly honest I just thought it was another lesbian art but then the rest of the picture loaded and I realized it was supoosed to be of miles and his classmate. She doesn't really distinguish males and females' facial features much so all her characters essentially look the same

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Princess Peaches

Celandine

100% suppressed glee
kiwifarms.net
are people still denying that this is Destiny or is it just an accepted fact at this point?
I think it's more of a "open secret" at this point. Maybe there are people still in denial but it's hard to know.

Btw talking about DtM: not long ago she posted one of those "Describe me in one words" kind of interaction posts (not sure what's the exact name of those things) on her Twitter and my god the answers were so funny. That thread is now deleted, for some reason, and it's a shame that I didn't grab a screenshot of it but around 90% of those replies described her as "wlw" or "lesbian", so it's safe to assume most of her followers think that making wlw art = her personality. There were some people describing her as "kind" and "nice" but it was rare.

Princess Peaches

White people sheesh!
kiwifarms.net
I think it's more of a "open secret" at this point. Maybe there are people still in denial but it's hard to know.

Btw talking about DtM: not long ago she posted one of those "Describe me in one words" kind of interaction posts (not sure what's the exact name of those things) on her Twitter and my god the answers were so funny. That thread is now deleted, for some reason, and it's a shame that I didn't grab a screenshot of it but around 90% of those replies described her as "wlw" or "lesbian", so it's safe to assume most of her followers think that making wlw art = her personality. There were some people describing her as "kind" and "nice" but it was rare.
To be fair to her followers she doesn’t really have a personality. Can’t blame them for thinking all she is is a fat lesbian.