JC-the-Hyena (Sonic.Exe Author) -

José Mourinho

The Special One
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just read the fanfic, (http://www.creepypasta.co.uk/2013/07/sonicexe.html‎) , and I found it stupid. Watched a video footage of a fangame of it (if you even call it a game) and I found it exceptional.

Anyway, saw the comments in the journal and I think this sums up:

LuchaLibreLibro said:
Mkay.

Declaring war on the internet is really just about the most tactically unsound thing you could do with your time.
Just saiyan.

This isn't to say I don't wish you luck, having your content taken down by bias isn't the most wonderful thing in the world at all. But your reaction to this is kind of needlessly bombastic, if not hilarious. Between the call-to-arms for fans and the bloody-blood-blood threats, it reads like you're the chief press secretary of North Korea.

Relax! It's Just The Internet.
Jc-The_hyena said:
Well you gotta understand, homeboy. If you strongly believe in something and wanna make a difference, it's kinda hard not to be tatically unsound. <XD
If you don't fight for something you believe in, then what's the point of even believing at all?
LLL said:
There's a difference etween banding together a bunch of people for a cause, and organizing an Angry Mob.
JTH said:
Oh trust me if I was forming an angry mob I'd come with pitchforks and torches and a specific beastie for everyone to chase after. XD
Yes, I watched Beauty and the Beast. XD
Still other than the lulzy journal, I can't think of anything else that makes him a lolcow. But I'll sit back and watch some more. :popcorn:

Male

This guy fucks!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
all I gotta say about this is that I like how one point the commentators just start talking about how Earthbound is dabes game.
That's keeping focused for ya.

caffeinated_wench

kiwifarms.net
Troll or not, that creepypasta was terribly boring and not the least bit scary.

Actually, I have yet to be genuinely creeped out by any creepypasta. They're not scary to me at all...
Certainly not this one. Video game creepypastas are so far out there that it completely destroys the willing suspension of disbelief.

"Areyouscaredyetareyouscaredyetareyouscaredyet" is pretty much all I hear out of creepypastas.

Unless there's just something wrong with me.

John Titor

Pronouns: time/temporal/tempself
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
caffeinated_wench said:
Troll or not, that creepypasta was terribly boring and not the least bit scary.

Actually, I have yet to be genuinely creeped out by any creepypasta. They're not scary to me at all...
Certainly not this one. Video game creepypastas are so far out there that it completely destroys the willing suspension of disbelief.

"Areyouscaredyetareyouscaredyetareyouscaredyet" is pretty much all I hear out of creepypastas.

Unless there's just something wrong with me.
The best ones tend to be the ones that sound plausible. For example, The Neverending Road.

And yes, the creepypasta was awful. Making an angry journal about its removal does nothing but discredit it even more. I did have an encounter with someone who got buttmad over criticism over their "creepypast game"; I'll write about it sometime.

A-Stump

Dr Robotdick
kiwifarms.net
I actually spent a lot of time on a story for the Creepypasta wiki and had a very short stint in the community until I realized I'd be writing stories for exceptional individuals who wanted the literary equivalent of jangling keys and bright colors. Subtlety flew over their heads and building suspense was 'boring', so the community are already a bunch of lolcows in my eyes.

Hakurei

The Shrine Maiden of Paradise
kiwifarms.net
A-Stump said:
I actually spent a lot of time on a story for the Creepypasta wiki and had a very short stint in the community until I realized I'd be writing stories for exceptional individuals who wanted the literary equivalent of jangling keys and bright colors. Subtlety flew over their heads and building suspense was 'boring', so the community are already a bunch of lolcows in my eyes.
All decent Creepypasta writers often then decide to roll over to some other site for the purpose of avoiding idiots.

Sanic

4 the sped u ned
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A-Stump said:
I don't blame you at all. I remember certain Creepypasta stories were actually enjoyable. I thought Candle Cove was well done, among a few others. It's just that, as you said, you have to write for morons when it comes to Creepypasta nowadays. The only subtlety they'll understand is a sack of bricks to the face.

E

EI 873

kiwifarms.net
Chris reads (or read) Goosebumps. Chris almost certainly does not read Creepypasta.

You know you've got a problem when Christian Weston Chandler has better taste in literature than you do.

(Also, Candle Cove was actually pretty great. Mostly because it actually has - gasp! - pacing, and it at least starts out semi-believable. If it was written by the average Creepypasta author, the characters would be calling the viewers by name and hyperrealistic blood would be pouring out of the speakers.)

Andrew Noel Schaefer

Mentally ill goblin who only talks about soda.
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
A well done videogame creepypasta has the game fucking up in a belivable way, as if the game was malfunctioned or somebody tampered with.

This whole thing is good, until it gets into the invades-real-life thing. Really as far as it should go is that the game made your computer malfunction, especially if its a windows 95 to XP machine.

[youtube]V0AESbMkuXk[/youtube]

Daario Naharis

Tyroshi Sellsowrd
kiwifarms.net
Springblossom said:
trombonista said:
I don't like video game creepypastas because they're all about games that don't actually let you play.
The only one that was ever good was the NES Godzilla Creepypasta, and that was because it's mostly not so much scary as surreal. I mean, it eventually turns into 'OSHUNS OF BLOOOOD', 'GRAFIX THE NES COULDN'T HAVE HANDLED', and "DEMONS FROM HELL IN MY NES', but it has good buildup, and the guy who wrote it is a legitimately good pixel artist. Also, I admit, Red is really fucking creepy.
As a fan of Creepypasta I can say it's not the only good one. But I can say that the vast majority of Video Game creepypasta is pure shit.

On the issue of the Sonic.Exe guy... May I ask what evidence we have that it is really the author? I am just going to take it with a big grain of salt and all. I feel like sonic.exe is infamous enough that this is comparable to somebody claiming to be Terra Gisible, or however the hell the My Immortal girl spelled her name.

That is to say, I am not convinced the person behind this isn't a troll/attention whore.

Woody Chan said:
A well done videogame creepypasta has the game fucking up in a belivable way, as if the game was malfunctioned or somebody tampered with.

This whole thing is good, until it gets into the invades-real-life thing. Really as far as it should go is that the game made your computer malfunction, especially if its a windows 95 to XP machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0AESbMkuXk
Oh Lord, that one. Yes. To me it fell victim to a few of the bad elements of Video Game creepy pastas.

Hyper-realistic blood. Satanic Demon Possessed games. The unforgivable invasion of real life (Although I don't believe it was foolish enough to go down the "And then I died. And you're next!" road)

To me, it's the ones that are simply odd, not supernatural, that are the strongest. It's easiest to suspend disbelief with them. Take Jvk1166z.esp, for example. The math gets a bit excessive, at the "In game sky/real sky matching" point, but overall it's very strong. Most everything in it is entirely possible, with a talented modder. The rest? A guy had a nightmare and stopped talking to somebody else.

No evil demons. No hyperrealistic blood. No buying the game from an old man in a flea market who disappeared when you tried to return it. It's not scary per se, but I don't think it's trying to be. And I've seen a helluva lot more people asking if the mod really exists/where to find it, or arguing that it does not, than I have for the blood and guts demon monster pastas. Because it suspends disbelief and creeps you out. It doesn't try to shock you with demons, gore, and silly half-threats.

To me, that is the great weakness of videogame creepy pasta. 90% of the time it is essentially a game of "Count the Clichés."

• Informative
Reactions: Ntwadumela

Andrew Noel Schaefer

Mentally ill goblin who only talks about soda.
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
So I looked that up because any good creepypasta is one worth reading.

About a year later, in a mod board I used to frequent, someone popped up with the mod again. He said he was PMed by a lurker who deleted his account immediately after sending. He also said that the person advised him to try playing the mod through DOSbox
Nice try, Creepypasta guy, but Morrowind is a win32 application! You cant run it through dosbox!

• Autistic
Reactions: alex_theman
E

EI 873

kiwifarms.net
Woody Chan said:
Nice try, Creepypasta guy, but Morrowind is a win32 application! You cant run it through dosbox!
Well, you need an excuse for why you can't just use the console to disable collision detection or make yourself invulnerable or something. Of course, it's a fucking stupid excuse, but there you go. (Seriously, author: Next time, just mumble something about requiring a modified executable file, or procedural generation and encryption, or something.)

Daario Naharis said:
On the issue of the Sonic.Exe guy... May I ask what evidence we have that it is really the author? I am just going to take it with a big grain of salt and all. I feel like sonic.exe is infamous enough that this is comparable to somebody claiming to be Terra Gisible, or however the hell the My Immortal girl spelled her name.

That is to say, I am not convinced the person behind this isn't a troll/attention whore.
I've poked through his gallery a little. (I had to make an account, I hope you appreciate my sacrifice.) In addition to all the weird fetish art you'd expect, there's a ridiculous amount of Sonic.EXE bullshit in there (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8), and he wrote journals about his "creative process". There's also this, which goes back to July 25th, 2011. The creepypasta is credited to one "JC-the-Hyena"; the FurAffinity account of the same name was created on November 22nd, 2010. If he's an impersonator/attention whore, he's quite dedicated to his craft.

D

DH 384

kiwifarms.net
Daario Naharis said:

I would say that it'd be reasonable for someone to be impersonating him, but on the other hand the account's got a lot of activity and the guy's already known to have a massive ego.

The person who made the Sonic.exe game (really nice guy, surprisingly) started off as keeping the fangame faithful to the original creepypasta and apart from being really buggy suffered for it. In versions 4 and 5 he started adding his own original content to the end of the game to try and improve it. While it's not scary, the atmosphere of the added content is a hell of a lot better than anything in the original creepypasta. And according to the guy who made the fangame and messages between the two, JC-the-Hyena has a serious stick up his ass about the extra material in the game. Something about how it wrecks his true vision of the creepypasta and that the extra content is a bastardization of his writing. Yeah, the author seriously thinks that highly of his creepypasta. Hyper-realistic blood and all.

Sonic.exe is godawful, just plain old godawful. I dunno if it was the first to use all the cliches in video game creepypastas (the game in the mail, not turning off the game despite things going severely wrong, hyper-realistic blood, the game coming into real life, completely shrugging off signs that something's not right with the game, etc), but it's definitely the poster child for all these cliches.

Shameless self-promotion, but I did a dramatic reading of 1/3 of it in the Vocaroo thread a while back here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1284&start=60#p107311

Daario Naharis

Tyroshi Sellsowrd
kiwifarms.net
Woody Chan said:
lonesome said:
Well, you need an excuse for why you can't just use the console to disable collision detection or make yourself invulnerable or something. Of course, it's a fucking stupid excuse, but there you go. (Seriously, author: Next time, just mumble something about requiring a modified executable file, or procedural generation and encryption, or something.)
Yeah. Unfortunately it does have it's failings. I do still like the majority of it though. I had just been introduced to Creepypasta, and had come out of a long train of Hyper-realistic blood and evil "You're next!" demons, so I found it relatively refreshing.

lonesome said:
I've poked through his gallery a little. (I had to make an account, I hope you appreciate my sacrifice.) In addition to all the weird fetish art you'd expect, there's a ridiculous amount of Sonic.EXE bullshit in there (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8), and he wrote journals about his "creative process". There's also this, which goes back to July 25th, 2011. The creepypasta is credited to one "JC-the-Hyena"; the FurAffinity account of the same name was created on November 22nd, 2010. If he's an impersonator/attention whore, he's quite dedicated to his craft.
Well, you are a trooper. Lemme take a look.

Huh.

Well... Isn't he just a fascinating individual.

I commend you for your sacrifice.

E

EI 873

kiwifarms.net
Daario Naharis said:
Yeah. Unfortunately it does have it's failings. I do still like the majority of it though. I had just been introduced to Creepypasta, and had come out of a long train of Hyper-realistic blood and evil "You're next!" demons, so I found it relatively refreshing.
Oh, definitely - I'm sorry if I came off overly negative, the story itself is actually pretty decent, especially by Creepypasta standards. And hey, suspension of disbelief and all that.

Daario Naharis said:
Well, you are a trooper. Lemme take a look.
For a second, I thought that said "troper". I was all :heart-empty: but then it was okay. :heart-full:

Daario Naharis said:
Huh.

Well... Isn't he just a fascinating individual.
No kidding. Looking through his stuff, I haven't been able to find conclusive proof that he's the author of Sonic.EXE, mostly because I couldn't seem to dig up the date the story was originally posted - stupid wiki administration and its moving of pages. If these horrible people can be believed, it was posted in 2012, so that "promotional picture" on his account from July 25th, 2011 would predate the story. Either way, the circumstantial evidence seems strong to me.

I'm also increasingly certain that that chimpout wasn't staged, at least not wholly. There's an "apology picture" in his gallery where he drew his fursona making a :c face because of some drama about a comic. That's the kind of person he is. So he may or may not be a full-on lolcow yet, but... kid has potential. :I HAVE AUTISM PLEASE LAUGH AT ME:

Daario Naharis

Tyroshi Sellsowrd
kiwifarms.net
lonesome said:
Oh, definitely - I'm sorry if I came off overly negative, the story itself is actually pretty decent, especially by Creepypasta standards. And hey, suspension of disbelief and all that
Oh no, not at all. It's an entirely legitimate point about the Pasta. As I say, it has it's flaws.The one that stuck out most to me was just the way it gets a bit tedious with all the math. I do still enjoy it though.

lonesome said:
Huh.No kidding. Looking through his stuff, I haven't been able to find conclusive proof that he's the author of Sonic.EXE, mostly because I couldn't seem to dig up the date the story was originally posted - stupid wiki administration and its moving of pages. If these horrible people can be believed, it was posted in 2012, so that "promotional picture" on his account from July 25th, 2011 would predate the story. Either way, the circumstantial evidence seems strong to me.

I'm also increasingly certain that that chimpout wasn't staged, at least not wholly. There's an "apology picture" in his gallery where he drew his fursona making a :c face because of some drama about a comic. That's the kind of person he is. So he may or may not be a full-on lolcow yet, but... kid has potential. :I HAVE AUTISM PLEASE LAUGH AT ME:

Oh, if he was the Author, I am pretty sure it wouldn't be a staged spazzing.

May I ask, is he apologizing for the war on the interwebs post?

John Titor

Pronouns: time/temporal/tempself
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A-Stump said:
I thought about it and thought "they can't be that bad can they?" Then I remembered that two of the popular ones I hated were "Happy Appy" and "Jeff the Killer". To the wiki's credit, they started banning certain topics.

E

EI 873

kiwifarms.net
Daario Naharis said:
Oh, if he was the Author, I am pretty sure it wouldn't be a staged spazzing.

May I ask, is he apologizing for the war on the interwebs post?
Not as far as I can tell. He did make another post, but it's about his birthday, his horrible fetishes and his upcoming projects rather than the Internet war. There's another Sonic.exe fangame in the pipeline, apparently.

JC-the-Hyena said:
Okay, as I'm sure you ALL know, my birthday's coming up on February 12th, and I'm gonna be 21. Yaaaaaaaaaaaay. ^^

HAVING SAID THAT, I'm gonna be getting my new laptop at either the 14th or 15th (we haven't decided, rly. XD), when I do, I'm gonna get started on several projects, several of which I'm sure you either know or are looking forward to, either way, here's what I got planned.

1. SHIT TON OF ART from Moi. ;3

2. Continuation on the making of the Sonic.exe fan game "X".

3. Attack on Titan Abridged Series made by me (Voice actors needed!)

4. Continuation of my other FA accounts (such as Ask-Master-D and the HHEA)

Can't wait to get these going, I'm sure you guys can't wait either. ^^

Anyways, that's my update for today, ciao for now! ^^

NEW UPDATE!!: OKAY! So I Talked to mom about the situation, she said that she WILL get my computer VERY VERY soon, just not on my birthday, She's not sure when exactly but it will be VERY SOON, she's gonna try to get people to pitch in. so it's possible that I may get it sooner, just not on my birthday. XD

There doesn't seem to be a way to post "private" or "friends-only" journals on FA, but it's possible he's been apologising somewhere I didn't look, I guess.

No new stuff in his gallery either, but a few older things bear mentioning. For example, there's a Sonic.exe sequel (download link) from October 30th, 2013 and his art... his art.

I wasnt sure if that really belongs here or over in the DeviantArt horrors thread, but I figure I might as well put it up here. Strange fetish warning. Also MSPaint warning. And inability-to-draw-a-circle warning.

Tags
None