Culture JDS Megathread - Jussay Smollett files fake hate crime report and gets away with it >:(

Kiwi Lime Pie

The tasteful summer treat. 🥝
kiwifarms.net
Are they being fired for some sort of supposed HIPAA violation?
You don't fuck with HIPAA.
I have to agree with @ObeseScreamingBlackMan about HIPAA. From my understanding of it, medical professionals need a legitimate reason to access patient files post-HIPAA. To poke around in patient medical records for curiosity or tabloid fodder is a huge no-no under HIPAA and can cause a shitstorm of legal issues.

polonium

By your genders combined, I am Captain Tumblr
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Very true. I had a moment of surprise a few years ago discovering the same thing with gay people. My daughter is a lesbo, and I was at this supper post-sport-tournament thing for LGB people. I was sitting with some lesbians and fags for supper. They were all in their late forties and early fifties. They spent the whole time bemoaning how they have lost their specialness and clearly defined places to gay out since it is so accepted. Completely baffled me. Anecdote is not information, but I got the feeling this was a pretty common view from gay people of that age.
SHITTHATNEVERHAPPENED.TXT

• Optimistic
Reactions: frozenrunner

TowinKarz

Thoroughly Unimpressed
kiwifarms.net
Are they being fired for some sort of supposed HIPAA violation?

This is some ridiculous shit.
Depends on what they did, releasing medical records/information without patient consent is a big no-no.

Every time a famous person goes through an ER after a car accident/heart attack/whatever, it seems like in the following weeks several of the nursing staff get fired for leaking the details because, despite the fact when they HIPPA train you, the scenario of a celebrity going in for treatment is used as an example of "it applies to everyone, you can't release info on a famous person because the public demands it/a reporter slips you a twenty", they just can't seem to help themselves for being part of the media circus.

Every year, as part of his contract, our football coach at my Nationally-known-and-overhyped college program had to have a physical. And every year, "he's fine say doctors" articles would show up in the papers, followed by a couple nurses at the hospital/physician's office getting fired for HIPPA violations because they just couldn't resist the urge to blab about what it said for the fans' sake.

HIPPA Is federal-level, they don't screw around. Even other DOCTORS who are treating you can't access your info unless you say so, so if you get caught leaking it to passerby for pure gossip fodder, or reading it for a laugh, you truly are fucked.

Last edited:

not william stenchever

Why do insane cyborgs keep calling me Willy?
kiwifarms.net
Hopefully they can pin down the leaker in this instance instead of firing dozens of nurses. I would hate to see people who did nothing wrong get punished as a group because one of their coworkers couldn't resist the temptation to leak that Smollet only lil boo boo. Fuck smollet too, while we're at it because he is the source cause of the 2nd order effect, much as the leaker is the cause of the third order effect. And what's more fuck identity politics for incentivising fake hate crimes and generally trying to erode social trust.

Wargarbl

kiwifarms.net
Hopefully they can pin down the leaker in this instance instead of firing dozens of nurses. I would hate to see people who did nothing wrong get punished as a group because one of their coworkers couldn't resist the temptation to leak that Smollet only lil boo boo. Fuck smollet too, while we're at it because he is the source cause of the 2nd order effect, much as the leaker is the cause of the third order effect. And what's more fuck identity politics for incentivising fake hate crimes and generally trying to erode social trust.
Everyone who works in a hospital knows damn well that you can be canned for HIPPA violation if you access a case you have no medical need to view. The system tracks who accesses the records and the hospital has records of who was working on the case. It is very unlikely anyone was fired who had a legit reason to view the records. It doesn't really matter if you leak the information after you view it or not, accessing it is technically a crime and the hospital could be held liable if they don't discipline people.

Again, in the hospital world it is EXTREMELY well known and drilled in training that this is a fire-able offense at the least, possibly a criminal case. As someone else said, don't fuck with HIPPA.

Big Daddy Fish

CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEN
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Looks like he's fucked
Somewhat more informative article. Federal charges for the letter/fake anthrax are still pending, so this isn't even the worst of it. He'll slime his way out of prison time for the local charges. The federal shit for the letter is what he has to worry about.

Slimy Time

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
kiwifarms.net
Somewhat more informative article. Federal charges for the letter/fake anthrax are still pending, so this isn't even the worst of it. He'll slime his way out of prison time for the local charges. The federal shit for the letter is what he has to worry about.
They really have it in for him, all that fakery for fucking ass pats...really was worth faking that bs?

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They really have it in for him, all that fakery for fucking ass pats...really was worth faking that bs?
It would've been if it'd worked. His career would've skyrocketed and he'd be getting way more than a fucking salary raise on Empire. It's a mercy from God that he's an incompetent moron because as the hypothesising from internet randoms has proved there are a million easy ways he could've gotten away with this clean. And it's a double benediction that his spectacular failure will make it harder for (and discourage) other nobody celebs to try the same shit in the future.

Society dodged a .50 cal with this case.

GrungyLawnChlorinate

confirmed hairless and stable
kiwifarms.net

A charge of felony disorderly conduct for filing a false police report carries a possible sentence of probation to three years. Smollett already pleaded not guilty to the first disorderly conduct charge. He was taken into custody and posted $100,000 bond to be freed.

Experts believe it is likely he will strike a plea deal and potentially not spend time in prison.
If brother don't receive no jail, best believe we riot!

If the races were reversed and dude didn't spend time behind bars there'd riots. Woke Privilege is a harsh mistress.

Slimy Time

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
kiwifarms.net
It would've been if it'd worked. His career would've skyrocketed and he'd be getting way more than a fucking salary raise on Empire. It's a mercy from God that he's an incompetent moron because as the hypothesising from internet randoms has proved there are a million easy ways he could've gotten away with this clean. And it's a double benediction that his spectacular failure will make it harder for (and discourage) other nobody celebs to try the same shit in the future.

Let us all learn from Smollett. If we are going to fake a racist attack, hire some white people.

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The cynic in me keeps thinking that the only reason he's in any trouble is because he made the cops look foolish, not because he did anything wrong.
Haha, wut? How is him faking a hate crime making cops look bad? The cops knew it was BS from day one but had they had to investigate and take it seriously or the outrage from the SJWs could have fueled a rocket to Pluto.

Piga Dgrifm

Where are those good old fashioned values?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The cynic in me keeps thinking that the only reason he's in any trouble is because he made the cops look foolish, not because he did anything wrong.
I don't think he did, they seemed to think his story was nonsense from the start, they just had to find the evidence that proved it.

KillThemCrackasBabies

kiwifarms.net
“I heard ‘Kiwi.’ And I don’t answer to Kiwi. My name ain’t Kiwi. And I didn’t answer. I kept walking. And then I heard ‘faggot Kiwi nigger.’ So, I turned around and I said, ‘Fuck did you just say to me?’ And then I see the attacker, masked. And he said, ‘This is flavor country, nigger.’ Punches me right in the face. So, I punched his ass back.”

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net

+1, I agree. and the lawyer defending him could had used the Chewbacca defense.

Solzhenitsyn

no dig just pet
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In your opinion, Kiwis, which is worse: Smollet, or those journalists who wrote about how they actually wished his hoax was real so they could shit on Trump supporters more?

I'm leaning towards the latter, honestly. Smollet was a tard looking to make bank out of the current political climate. Those journalists are the ones actively bringing about and continuing that climate.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino