Culture JDS Megathread - Jussay Smollett files fake hate crime report and gets away with it >:(

Dracula's Spirit Animal

One time, I accidentally ate a bunch of nails
kiwifarms.net
In your opinion, Kiwis, which is worse: Smollet, or those journalists who wrote about how they actually wished his hoax was real so they could shit on Trump supporters more?

I'm leaning towards the latter, honestly. Smollet was a tard looking to make bank out of the current political climate. Those journalists are the ones actively bringing about and continuing that climate.
That's a tough question. Smollett is undoubtedly stupider and more pathetic in his lies. On the other hand, the journos cause a lot more damage.

Pargon

Internet Segregationist
kiwifarms.net
In your opinion, Kiwis, which is worse: Smollet, or those journalists who wrote about how they actually wished his hoax was real so they could shit on Trump supporters more?

I'm leaning towards the latter, honestly. Smollet was a tard looking to make bank out of the current political climate. Those journalists are the ones actively bringing about and continuing that climate.
Agreed on the journalists being the worse of the two, though the relationship is certainly symbiotic. These bad actors wouldn't crop up if they knew no one would cover them (or, if they did, that there'd be much more cautious and less biased eyes on them), and the journalists need bad actors, real and false, to prop up their narrative and sell ads.

All that said and while there's no oath they take journalists have a responsibility, and are answerable, to the public to report what is true. They have no business waiting in the wings to spin every non-event to their viewers and readers as the latest symptom of sociopolitical collapse vis a vis The Guy We Don't Like versus The Guy We Like. Journalism of every color has become far too politicized in the name of saving a dying industry without questioning why it's dying to begin with.

Belligerent Monk

Lives for Macabre Humor
kiwifarms.net

I'm not even mad at the journos anymore. We all already know how slimy those guys get.

Where I draw the line is where all the twittards, who have all just been told Smollet set the whole thing up himself, say some exceptionally exceptional bullshit like, "I dont care that it was fake. This type of thing literally happens everyday. That it could happen means that it did happen."

kcbbq

No controlling legal authority
kiwifarms.net
"Worse than a journalist" is hard for me to imagine. It's Lovecraftian, really.
It used to be "first thing you do is kill all the lawyers". But now we're seeing lawyers being important to keep the journalists in check.

When you've dragged your profession below ambulance chasers in esteem you've pretty much managed to accomplish the impossible.

not william stenchever

menaces with spikes of sheet metal
kiwifarms.net
It used to be "first thing you do is kill all the lawyers". But now we're seeing lawyers being important to keep the journalists in check.
That it has been at least five years since I've heard the phrase "first thing we do, is kill all the lawyers" should be a sign to the journalistic profession.

Parents, don't let your kids be journalists.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
Agreed on the journalists being the worse of the two, though the relationship is certainly symbiotic. These bad actors wouldn't crop up if they knew no one would cover them (or, if they did, that there'd be much more cautious and less biased eyes on them), and the journalists need bad actors, real and false, to prop up their narrative and sell ads.
That's exactly why these journalists are objectively worse. People like Smollett would never commit these false accusations in the first place if they weren't endorsed and supported by a "listen and believe" attitude that eschews truth in favor of whatever immediately wins their narrative as many points as possible.

BlueSpark

kiwifarms.net

They're all scum, but I'd say Smollett is worse because I feel certain that if the police had arrested two random white guys who happened to be in the vicinity that night he would have doubled down on his lies and claimed that they were indeed the assailants.

Unog

You're a nog.
kiwifarms.net

For me it's the politicians who apparently just straight-up came when they heard the news, and made all sorts of "this is Trump's america" tier horseshit statements.

Like, fuck, it's bad enough with assholes like Al Sharpton out there.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
If Trump didn't exist the woke left would have to invent him.
Isn't that exactly what they did? The Donald Trump they constantly scream and shout about isn't the Donald Trump that's in the White House.
I still wonder what sawhorse they'd be hanging themselves on if Hillary had won 2016. They're like dogs chasing cars. They wouldn't know what to do with themselves if they actually caught one!

kcbbq

No controlling legal authority
kiwifarms.net
I still wonder what sawhorse they'd be hanging themselves on if Hillary had won 2016. They're like dogs chasing cars. They wouldn't know what to do with themselves if they actually caught one!
I imagine the remnants of the Tea Party would be melting down in a similar way, only cleaning up after themselves after a rally.

TowinKarz

Thoroughly Unimpressed
kiwifarms.net
Isn't that exactly what they did? The Donald Trump they constantly scream and shout about isn't the Donald Trump that's in the White House.
Still waiting for my Tranny Death Camp......

Two years and not a single one.....

But the biggest handicap they have for 2020 is indeed that the guy they're trying to beat isn't the one in the office..... they're developing strategies to beat a nonexistent person who behaves in nonexistent ways.... a caricature that exists only in their minds and their supporters fanfiction and hyperbolic tweets, and can't believe it when told what they're doing won't work. Just like the racist rando-lynching white folk in Jussie's head who didn't really exist, so he was obliged to create them.

Ruin

Big tiddy Nazi GF
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This reminds me of that gaming leads to fascism meme. All this “the crime didn’t happen, but I wish it did” is very similar to that”holocaust didn’t happen but I wish it did” line they attributed to everyone on the right.

I found the meme so here it is.
I'm not good at math. How many dead Jews does my 1000 hours of Skyrim playtime translate into?

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino