Culture JDS Megathread - Jussay Smollett files fake hate crime report and gets away with it >:(

TowinKarz

Thoroughly Unimpressed
kiwifarms.net
How in the fuck is Donald J Trump letting Obama staffers tell the FBI what to do??

Whoever they assign to the case, fire that person. Then fire the person who assigned that person, and fire everyone in that person's rolladex.
I want to say it's because if he stepped in, they'd screech about "DRUMPF OVERSTEPPING POWER AGIAN! IMPEACHHHEEEEE!!!!" , but if he just stands back, they'll rope themselves through incompetence, just like Jussie.

GrungyLawnChlorinate

confirmed hairless and stable
kiwifarms.net

Chicago cop union calls for feds to investigate prosecutor's actions in Smollett case

The labor union that represents Chicago’s front line police officers is asking the Justice Department to investigate Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx’s involvement in the Jussie Smollett hate crime investigation.

Foxx recused herself late in the investigation, but only after she intervened in the case by asking Chicago Police Department Superintendent Eddie Johnson to turn the investigation over to the FBI at the request of a Smollett relative and a former Obama administration official, according to newly-released emails and text messages.

Foxx and the Smollett relative were put in touch with each other by private attorney Tina Tchen, who served as chief of staff for First Lady Michelle Obama and as an assistant to President Barack Obama.

In a letter to John R. Lausch, the U.S. Attorney in Chicago, Fraternal Order of Police President Kevin Graham wrote, “private attorneys are not allowed to interfere with ongoing police investigations, particularly at the request of private individuals associated with subjects being investigated by the police.”

Graham calls Foxx’s late-hour recusal from the case, “wholly insufficient,” telling Lausch that her conduct “merits a review by your office.”

“In order for Ms. Foxx to properly charge and try this case, her entire office should have recused itself and a special prosecutor been appointed,” Graham argues in the letter dated Friday and provided to CWBChicago over the weekend.

In an email on Feb. 1—just two days after Smollett reported the purported hate crime—Foxx wrote an email to Tchen: “Spoke to Superintendent Johnson. I convinced him to reach out to FBI to ask that they take over the investigation.”

After receiving the same news from Foxx via text message later the same day, the unnamed Smollett relative replied, “OMG this would be a huge victory.”

“I make no guarantees,” Foxx responded, “but I’m trying.”

“Victory of what? For whom? Why?” Graham asks in his letter to Lausch.

The FBI never took control of the investigation into Smollett’s elaborate hate crime allegations, but the bureau has been leading a separate federal investigation of a threat letter laced with white powder that was mailed to Smollett about a week before he reported being attacked. The powder was found to be crushed acetaminophen, according to Chicago Fire Department testing cited in a CPD report.

Dracula's Spirit Animal

One time, I accidentally ate a bunch of nails
kiwifarms.net

Jigglyjogglers

The Doctor Bashir guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What the Obama-connected pressure says to me is that the DNC was really afraid that something more damaging than just the "hate crime" they'd been using for PR would get outed as fake. I think the old theory that Kamala Harris might actually have been involved in the whole thing might actually have legs now. "You fake a hate crime on yourself, it'll help your contract negotiations, it'll help my new campaign if I'm one of the first ones to rabble-rouse about it, it's a win-win!"

ddlloo

kiwifarms.net
What the Obama-connected pressure says to me is that the DNC was really afraid that something more damaging than just the "hate crime" they'd been using for PR would get outed as fake. I think the old theory that Kamala Harris might actually have been involved in the whole thing might actually have legs now. "You fake a hate crime on yourself, it'll help your contract negotiations, it'll help my new campaign if I'm one of the first ones to rabble-rouse about it, it's a win-win!"
Personally I think it's the other way around. Dem's came out hard and fast for smollet with some very big statements, and then very quickly it looked like he faked that shit. So DNC operatives do all they can to try and delay or scuffle the investigation.

If it went to the feds, there would be time lost for a handover, influence would probably be used to assign just one or two people and not the dozens of CPD officers, and the case would proceed at the speed of an iceberg. If they DID get the case handed over, I bet you a bajillion dollars that DNC aligned media would have rapidly dropped reporting on the case so that when/if it finally came out smollett was full of shit most people would have already forgotten about it. But with the case staying with the CPD, who would have a massive fucking axe to grind by now, the DNC operatives just ghosted (but not before hooking smollett up with lawyers) so as to not be seen and pointed at as they pull obvious strings.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
While true, I'm just worried that such incompetence will result in Smollet walking.

I know it's probably unlikely, but there is cause for concern.
Right now he already pointed at a video of him being attacked and said "yep, those two guys did it". And police can prove those two guys were the Nigerians.

So at the very least, someone's getting pinched, whether Smollett for lying at that moment, or the Nigerians for attacking him.

We just gotta hope it's the more fun option of Smollett being the one to get pinched.

Far Queue

kiwifarms.net
While true, I'm just worried that such incompetence will result in Smollet walking.

I know it's probably unlikely, but there is cause for concern.
Normally I'd call :optimistic: but R. Kelly walked from his case in Chicago and that was the one where there was a tape of him pissing on an underage girl. I think Smollett is screwed in some way though. Maybe he beats the state charges or gets off easy over some technicality, but the federal charges aren't going to be anywhere near as easy and the Somoli guys are going to testify against him since they seem to have some knowledge of and involvement in that as well.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Normally I'd call :optimistic: but R. Kelly walked from his case in Chicago and that was the one where there was a tape of him pissing on an underage girl. I think Smollett is screwed in some way though. Maybe he beats the state charges or gets off easy over some technicality, but the federal charges aren't going to be anywhere near as easy and the Somoli guys are going to testify against him since they seem to have some knowledge of and involvement in that as well.
Honestly I worry about the federal charges a lot more than the Chicago charges. They're more serious but serious can't magic evidence out of nowhere. You could be on the hook for conspiracy to commit terrorism but if they don't, say, get a snapshot of your face dropping the anthrax into the mailbox, what are they going to do?

Most people who fuck around like that get caught because they did it several times and eventually the numbers turned against them.

Jigglyjogglers

The Doctor Bashir guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Honestly I worry about the federal charges a lot more than the Chicago charges. They're more serious but serious can't magic evidence out of nowhere.
I wouldn't worry too much. One of the defining aspects of Smollet's whole little scheme is that he did it as incompetently as possible and left as much evidence as possible. Like he didn't even think to use a burner phone to talk to these guys, or try to scrub the texts until after the cops asked for his phone. He's probably left more evidence than a serial killer with a freezer full of human heads.

I wouldn't worry too much. One of the defining aspects of Smollet's whole little scheme is that he did it as incompetently as possible and left as much evidence as possible. Like he didn't even think to use a burner phone to talk to these guys, or try to scrub the texts until after the cops asked for his phone. He's probably left more evidence than a serial killer with a freezer full of human heads.
Uh hang on. So I'm supposed to do all my crime stuff on the disposable burner phone, and my legit business on my nice phone?

Oh shit.

This joke sucks. Sorry for the low quality.

pwnest injun

Management of Savagery
kiwifarms.net
Sounds like his lawyers can use this unbelievable incompetence to argue that he was not in his right mind from prolonged opiate abuse and poor Juss-juss needs rehab, not prison.

Sounds like his lawyers can use this unbelievable incompetence to argue that he was not in his right mind from prolonged opiate abuse and poor Juss-juss needs rehab, not prison.
Hmm... not guity by reason of stupidity? The problem is, wouldn't every criminal be able to argue "Well obviously I'm too stupid to go to jail, otherwise I wouldn't have been caught!"

nets_awesome

I want you to lose turdy pound in one munt.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For those not in Chicago, Kim Foxx has been a disaster for the city

A couple years ago, a black teenager high on PCP was slashing police car tires, threatening people and generally being a menace. A police officer shot him 16 times. Mayor Rahm, the previous SA and the police refused to release the tape until the court demanded they do so.

After the usual fallout of rioting, the current county board president, Toni Preckwinkle, called for kicking out the previous SA and replacing her with Kim Foxx. Toni is a Chicago machine politician and Kim was her previous chief of staff. Kim wins the election.

Kim is a big believer in restorative justice, and she instructed her office not to prosecute juveniles for carjacking, to only prosecute shoplifting after the 10th offense or so, increased the amount needed to be stolen to actually be arrested and prosecuted, and in one case, refused to prosecute a convicted felon who had an illegal gun because, in her words according to the police report “he said it wasn’t his and his word should be trusted”.

Obviously all the above has failed disastrously; carjackings became rampant until the feds stepped in and said they’d start charging for carjacking. Criminals are released on their own recognizance or not prosecuted at all and go on to commit more crime.

Also, Toni Preckwinkle is running for mayor; she made a campaign promise to fire the CPD superintendent once she’s elected, and I’m sure she’d replace him with someone as dim witted as Kim Foxx. When asked what she thought about Foxx’s refusal and the text messages, she said “I think it was the right decision because it was a decision that she made and she’s in the best position to make it.” Thankfully she is currently losing bigly.

I personally believe that if Kim Foxx and her ilk weren’t constantly badmouthing and criticizing the police, no one at CPD would have investigated this. They would have filed a report, found nothing from the cameras, done the bare minimum of investigation, probably with a gut feeling it was a hoax (like police did with Lebron James’ graffiti hoax), and Jussie could go on his grievance tour.

But they gave CPD a reason to prove themselves; they knew if they didn’t take this seriously, especially with all the big name democrats piling on, it’d be a disaster. And the CPD gave a big fuck you back.

Streetlight Stranger

Reaper in Training
kiwifarms.net
For those not in Chicago, Kim Foxx has been a disaster for the city

A couple years ago, a black teenager high on PCP was slashing police car tires, threatening people and generally being a menace. A police officer shot him 16 times. Mayor Rahm, the previous SA and the police refused to release the tape until the court demanded they do so.

After the usual fallout of rioting, the current county board president, Toni Preckwinkle, called for kicking out the previous SA and replacing her with Kim Foxx. Toni is a Chicago machine politician and Kim was her previous chief of staff. Kim wins the election. “
Isn’t that the case where the shooting officer got charged for each individual bullet fired? Sure 16 shots was overkill, but the footage showed the kid was rushing his partner with a knife, and he kept coming after the first five, and didn’t really go down until the 10th shot. Cop panicked and dumped his magazine. Sucks but I think it set a bad precedence for these kinds of situations.

Edit: messed up the quote and spoiler. Hope it’s fixed.

nets_awesome

I want you to lose turdy pound in one munt.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Isn’t that the case where the shooting officer got charged for each individual bullet fired? Sure 16 shots was overkill, but the footage showed the kid was rushing his partner with a knife, and he kept coming after the first five, and didn’t really go down until the 10th shot. Cop panicked and dumped his magazine. Sucks but I think it set a bad precedence for these kinds of situations.

Edit: messed up the quote and spoiler. Hope it’s fixed.
He got tried and convicted for murder and for the 16 shots. When he was sentenced he got the sentence for murder since that trumped the individual gun shots. The Illinois attorney general REEEEEEEd the sentence because he didn’t get life (I think he got 5-6 years) and wanted him resentenced but got BTFO’d by the Illinois Supreme Court

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino