Culture JDS Megathread - Jussay Smollett files fake hate crime report and gets away with it >:(

murgatroid

kiwifarms.net
To be fair, if they're still all worked up over historical slavery, I could see being mad at the people who captured and enslaved their ancestors in the first place.

I once met an elderly woman whose grandmother was a slave. I think it's not as far away as it seems in peoples perception. It could be argued the woman I met directly suffered by having a grandmother who was a slave.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/this-107-year-old-daughter-of-a-slave-is-ready-to-cast-her-vote_n_5820e2aee4b0d9ce6fbde92f

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/01/16/black.in.mississippi/index.html

Last edited:

Old Albrecht

An Actual Patriarch
kiwifarms.net
Empire is cancelled. Next Season (the sixth) will be its last. Fox execs dodge questions as to whether Smollett case had anything to do with it.

Jigglyjogglers

The Doctor Bashir guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I hope whoever it was who posted that smug tweet from Empire's account about J's acquittal cried when they heard this.
And just think, all his coworkers will forever have to wonder if he lost them a steady paycheck. And it's not like they're great, well-known actors, and the show will forever have that association with him now so it's not going to do fantastic things for their resumes. That seed of doubt will grow into one of resentment, and if we're lucky the next time Jussie gets dragged into the street and doused in bleach it will be by...

... well hell I guess it was by "Empire" actors the first time too, wasn't it?

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino