Culture JDS Megathread - Jussay Smollett files fake hate crime report and gets away with it >:(

The 8 of Spades

I Cheated Death, I Suggest You Do The Very Same
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 922551

"Don't you know that we have a narrative about the cops not caring about racist violence? You were supposed to hold up your end of that!"
Like, I know juicy here is a fucking idiot, but where do you find utterly insane lawyers? I know juicy has nothing they can really work with, but that shit in so backwards and blows out the "COPS DON'T CARE ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE" lie pretty hard and makes juicy look worse to a possible jury pool.

This whole thing is 🤡 🌍 in a nutshell.

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
Like, I know juicy here is a fucking idiot, but where do you find utterly insane lawyers? I know juicy has nothing they can really work with, but that shit in so backwards and blows out the "COPS DON'T CARE ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE" lie pretty hard and makes juicy look worse to a possible jury pool.

This whole thing is 🤡 🌍 in a nutshell.
Yeah, if they hadn't seriously investigated you know the BLM remnants would've crawled into Chicago to screech. Hell if the cops hadn't been able to track the "attackers" it would've caused even more of a flury than it did.

It was kind of funny how the story was quickly ginned up, only to deflate like a whoopie cushion once actual evidence came out.

The Reaper

Dreaming of Egg Nog
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, if they hadn't seriously investigated you know the BLM remnants would've crawled into Chicago to screech. Hell if the cops hadn't been able to track the "attackers" it would've caused even more of a flury than it did.

It was kind of funny how the story was quickly ginned up, only to deflate like a whoopie cushion once actual evidence came out.
I hated that whoopie cushion effect. I had friends who refused to admit the action was wrong and they were wrong in jumping to conclusions. When it first happened it was white supremacy, and when they realized he lied it was a poor black man who had to resort to criminal acts to be heard. It was ridiculous and I just wish he’d’ve been convicted with something months ago to show everyone these acts are wrong, regardless of who you are.
————————
whoopie not Whoopi’s

heyitsmike

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
kiwifarms.net
I just wish he’d’ve been convicted with something months ago to show everyone these acts are wrong, regardless of who you are.
Nah, I want this and the investigation into Kim Foxx to drag out until election time. I want this to stay in the news until November 2020. I want Republican voters to remember this.

Gar For Archer

kiwifarms.net
Nah, I want this and the investigation into Kim Foxx to drag out until election time. I want this to stay in the news until November 2020. I want Republican voters to remember this.
It very well could. All we’ve had these past few months are these small incremental updates that aren’t being widely reported. Perhaps in the next year they’ll reach an actual conviction.

View attachment 922551

"Don't you know that we have a narrative about the cops not caring about racist violence? You were supposed to hold up your end of that!"
he looks like Neo from the Matrix.

Reactions: FierceBrosnan
Y

YW 525

kiwifarms.net
Is this the best they could come up with? Allow me to blow a hole in this defense: Juicy faked a hate crime during a period in which racial and social tensions are at a raging boil and the police needed to make sure they did everything to prevent a multi-region race riot from breaking out.

If you're playing with matches in a water park you probably get a slap on the wrist.
If you're playing with matches in a petrol processing facility you're going to get slammed into the floor by anyone and everyone with objective authority.

JohnDoe

Did Santa finally bring me some good posts?!
kiwifarms.net
It looks like this clusterfuck is once more running into the incestuous knot of Chicago politics:

Special prosecutor in Jussie Smollett probe admits contributing $1,000 to State’s Attorney Kim Foxx’s campaign in 2016
The special prosecutor appointed to look into the politically charged case against former “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett revealed Monday that he’d co-hosted a 2016 fundraiser for now-Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx at his high-powered law firm and also cut a $1,000 check to her campaign. Dan K. Webb, the co-chairman of Winston & Strawn, wrote in a two-page declaration filed in Cook County criminal court that he had “no recollection” of attending the fundraiser or making a donation that he said was likely done at the behest of a colleague at the firm who put on the event.

Webb said the matter was brought to his attention last week by Michael Bromwich, an attorney for Foxx who “made it clear" that the state’s attorney will not claim any conflict of interest or make “any other objection related to this contribution.” “I should point out that it is common for Winston partners to host fundraisers for political candidates at our firm,” Webb wrote to Cook County Judge Michael Toomin, who appointed Webb as special prosecutor in the hot-button case in August. “It is also common that my Winston partners request that I contribute to these fundraisers.”

Still, the revelation that Webb donated money to Foxx’s campaign could potentially throw a wrench in Webb’s ongoing inquiry into how Foxx’s office handled an investigation of Smollett that has been rife with allegations of political influence over the judicial process. Webb is expected to discuss the political donations with Toomin at a hearing Friday at the Leighton Criminal Court Building. In an emailed statement Monday evening, Foxx said she was notified of the donation by her campaign staff last Tuesday.

“Mr. Webb was notified that same day, and my office continues to cooperate fully with the investigation,” she said
A spokeswoman declined to say if Foxx remembered either the fundraiser or the Webb donation
Webb’s filing included a copy of the flyer for the fundraiser on Oct. 13, 2016. At the top of the invitation, it read, “Please join hosts Kimball Anderson, Oscar David, and Dan Webb in support of Kim Foxx, Democratic nominee for Cook County State’s Attorney.”
Anderson and David are both partners in the firm. Also included with the filing was a copy of Webb’s $1,000 check that he wrote from his personal bank account and dated the day before the event.

Webb, a moderate Republican, said Anderson was a political supporter of Foxx’s who organized the fundraiser at Foxx’s request. Anderson said he “does not recall” Webb attending the event, according to the filing. “Mr. Anderson stated that the fundraiser was sparsely attended, and that Ms. Foxx and her staff showed up very late,” Webb wrote. “Ms. Foxx then made a few comments to the remaining attendees, and apologized for her lateness and left.” Webb’s appointment as special prosecutor six weeks ago added even more star power to a case that has made nearly constant headlines since Smollett first reported to police that he was the victim of a homophobic and racist attack on a frigid January night in downtown Chicago.

Initially, Smollett drew support from celebrities and politicians across the country when he reported the attack, but that soon turned to condemnation when he was charged with filing a false report with police. The controversy intensified when those charges were dropped by Foxx’s office in February with little explanation. At the time, Foxx had recused herself from the case — purportedly after having contact with a member of Smollett’s family early in the investigation at the request of Tina Tchen, Michelle Obama’s former chief of staff. In June, Toomin determined that the entire Smollett case may be legally invalid from start to finish since Foxx inappropriately named her top deputy to take over after stepping aside.

A former U.S. attorney for the Chicago area, Webb is widely considered one of the city’s most distinguished trial lawyers in private practice, having handled a long list of high-profile clients and acted as special prosecutor or in a similar investigative capacity on five other occasions.
In selecting Webb as special prosecutor, Toomin called him “a man guided by a strong moral compass and integrity.”
Webb, meanwhile, told reporters after he was sworn in that he was honored to be called on to help "restore the public’s confidence in the integrity of our criminal justice system.”
jmeisner@chicagotribune.com

I wonder if they can find anyone in the state that isn't compromised in one way or another. I certainly hope that they can, because I'm itching to see Jussy swing for his crimes.

Slimy Time

When you see the presents under the tree
kiwifarms.net

(CNN) A federal judge refused to dismiss a lawsuit filed by the City of Chicago against actor Jussie Smollett, court documents show.
A legal battle is being fought in federal court as Chicago seeks to recover more than $130,000 to cover police overtime during the investigation of Smollett's report of a hate crime attack in January. The actor has refused for months to pay the city and his attorneys have said he "will not be intimidated into paying."
Jussie Smollett won't be 'intimidated' into paying $130,000 bill, attorneys say

Jussie Smollett won't be 'intimidated' into paying $130,000 bill, attorneys say

Attorneys for the former "Empire" actor filed a motion to throw out the lawsuit, saying that filing a report does not typically result such in such an extensive investigation. They also said Smollett could have not been aware of how much time and money police would spend investigating his allegations, court documents said.
Smollett, who is gay and black, claimed earlier this year to have been the target of a hate crime. After police investigated the case for weeks, they said investigators believed Smollett staged the attack to bolster his profile and career.
Tuesday, US District Judge Virginia Kendall denied Smollett's request to dismiss the lawsuit, allowing the case to proceed to the discovery phase.
William J. Quinlan, an attorney representing Smollett, said Tuesday the court's decision was not surprising and that his client expects to be "vindicated" once he shares his side of the story.
"Mr. Smollett has always maintained his innocence and is eager to have the complete facts of the case come out. He looks forward to taking depositions and otherwise bringing to light many of the facts that have been overlooked in the court of public opinion to date. Mr. Smollett is confident that once the full story is available he will be vindicated," Quinlan said.
Chicago's Department of Law filed the lawsuit in state court in April but the case was later moved to federal court.

Charges against Smollett were dropped
Smollett was indicted on 16 felony counts but weeks later prosecutors unexpectedly dropped all charges. Prosecutors said Smollett had forfeited his $10,000 bail money and done community service.
Chicago judge rules there's no conflict of interest with prosecutor investigating Jussie Smollett

Chicago judge rules there's no conflict of interest with prosecutor investigating Jussie Smollett

Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson said Smollett paid two brothers $3,500 to stage the attack and take "advantage of the pain and anger of racism to promote his career."
The brothers, Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo, were cleared when prosecutors announced Smollett had orchestrated a hoax.
A special prosecutor is currently investigating how local prosecutors handled the TV actor's case.
Dan Webb, a former US Attorney, was appointed by Judge Michael Toomin in August and has been given the authority to pursue charges for any crime he believes was committed in the course of the investigation.
CNN's Carma Hassan contributed to this report.

JohnDoe

kiwifarms.net
Jussie Smollett files malicious prosecution counterclaim against Chicago
The actor’s lawyers also say the city cannot recover costs because it already accepted $10,000 from Smollett ‘as payment in full.’

Actor Jussie Smollett has filed a counterclaim in federal court against the city of Chicago, multiple police officers and two brothers, alleging a malicious prosecution caused him economic harm, “humiliation, mental anguish and extreme emotional distress.”

The counterclaim was contained in a 49-page answer to a lawsuit filed by the city against Smollett. It seeks to recover $130,106 for the investigation it conducted after Smollett in January made the allegedly false claim that he’d been the victim of a racist and homophobic beating.

Smollett’s counterclaim targets the city, the Chicago Police Department, Detectives Michael Theis and Edward Wodnicki, Supt. Eddie Johnson and Abimbola and Olabinjo Osundairo, along with other unnamed individuals.

Lawyers for the actor claim police sought to have Smollett prosecuted based on the Osundairo brothers’ “false, self-serving, and unreliable statements in order to close the investigation into the attack on Mr. Smollett.”

They say proceedings against Smollett were terminated “in Mr. Smollett’s favor and in a manner which indicates his innocence because all 16 counts of the criminal indictment were dismissed two and a half weeks after the indictment was filed.”

They also say the city cannot recover costs from Smollett because it already accepted $10,000 from him “as payment in full in connection with the dismissal of the charges against him.”

The counterclaim, filed late Tuesday, follows a decision by U.S. District Judge Virginia Kendall not to toss the city’s lawsuit against Smollett. In her ruling, Kendall wrote, “the city must prove the truth of these allegations to prevail at summary judgment or trial, at which point Smollett will be free to dispute the city’s claims.”

--Article End--

I'm starting to doubt my grandpa. He used to tell me that niggers were lazy, but Jussie just won't stop digging the hole deeper. Damn son, shut the fuck up! He's doubling down like a glitched Blackjack AI, and I can't wait to see it all explode.

JohnDoe

kiwifarms.net
So who's bankrolling this guy at this point? Because clearly his plan is just to keep filing counterclaims so the charges brought against him will be delayed, but I highly doubt he's footing the bill for all of this.

Adam Schiff, head impeachment Inquisitor?

Kamala Harris, writer of Anti-lynching bills?

FUCKING OBAMA?!

:thinking:

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino