Jeff Goldblum receives online criticism for being “anti-Muslim” after questioning a drag queen’s hijab look - This all started on “RuPaul’s Drag Race” three days ago

• We are being DDoS attacked still and 12,000 people are reading about incest. Expect weird errors. Most should go away by refreshing. Registration and password reset emails are unavailable due to a DDoS attack on the email server.

albert chan

I write computer programs for a living
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
BE71CAD2-C55B-4BBB-A5E2-B733CC761A92.gif

Jeff Goldblum has been hit by criticism from fans for being 'anti-Muslim' after his appearance on RuPaul's Drag Race.

The actor, 67, was a guest judge on Friday's edition of the show, and had asked drag queen Jackie Cox about her Stars And Stripes runway look which saw her wear a star-spangled hijab in reference to her Muslim background.

First asking if Jackie was 'religious', Jeff went on to comment on Islam and how the religion treats LGBTQ+ people like the Iranian-Canadian star, 34.

Of her ensemble, Jackie said: 'This outfit really represents the importance that visibility for people of religious minorities need to have in this country.'

Jeff then asked: 'Is there something in this religion that is anti-homosexuality and anti-woman? Does that complicate the issue? I'm just raising it and thinking out loud and maybe being stupid.'

While RuPaul commented that 'drag has always shaken the tree', Jackie became teary-eyed as she said it was 'a complex issue' and had her 'own misgivings about the way LGBT people are treated in the Middle East.

'What is so important to me is that if you just happen to be different, then live that truth,' Jackie explained.

Going on to talk about the U.S. travel ban that prohibited the entry of people from Muslim-majority countries, Jackie continued: 'When the Muslim ban happened, it really destroyed a lot of my faith in this country. And really hurt my family. And that's so wrong to me.

'I had to show America that you can be LGBT and from the Middle East and there's going to be complicated shit around that and that's okay. But I'm here and I deserve to be in America just as much as anyone else.'

Criticising Jeff for his questions, fans took to Twitter to let their thoughts be known as they hit out at the Jurassic Park star.

One viewer wrote: 'That Jeff Goldblum to Jackie Cox moment on this week's Drag Race was so deeply uncomfortable to watch.

'Why did he think that was appropriate? How did it make it to the edit? How was that in any way fair on Jackie? Just so many levels of awfulness.'

Another commented: 'Now would Jeff Goldblum have asked a Christian queen that same question that he asked Jackie? That was really ignorant.'

Last edited:

ATaxingWoman

Professional Tax Investigator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When somebody is making a political statement, particularly one that is controversial, it's perfectly reasonable to ask questions about it. This Iranian-Canadian drag queen is free to use his star and stripes hijab and make a fashion statement and then take it off if he feels like it; women in Iran don't get that choice. Why shouldn't he be asked questions about it?

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
The 59%'s should be supporting Goldbum for being "Stunning and Brave" for asking the question and getting a a "YASS SLAY QUEEN!" response from someone who would normally be stoned to death or thrown off a building if ever found out they were dressing like a woman.

Of course logic, reason, and discourse are not known for being prevalent on Social Media.

Francis York Morgan

FBI Special Agent
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It’s even funnier because Jackie Cox is of Iranian descent. The place that would force him, as a gay man, to transition or die. But i suppose thats fairly progressive for the Middle East. At least they get a choice.
Let's be honest - there's a good chance a woman would get stoned to death for wearing anything glorifying America in Iran. And Cox would know that. It's stupid for any of them to play at being offended when someone points out the hypocrisy of their provocative clothing choices.

OtterTrash

Don’t take yourself so seriously darling
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Let's be honest - there's a good chance a woman would get stoned to death for wearing anything glorifying America in Iran. And Cox would know that. It's stupid for any of them to play at being offended when someone points out the hypocrisy of their provocative clothing choices.
And it is all just play. It’s all for clout and coverage. The queens AND the fans on Twitter/Reddit. Thats show business i suppose. I do love the controversy that Drag Race gets in with the whole ‘Trans’ question though.

With all that they MUST have known the controversy that this would cause (a nice distraction from the whole Sherry Pie situation as well, i’m sure)

GHTD

A walking Seroquel ad
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As a gay dude myself, I think all LGBT individuals, participating in the community or not, should be critical of the more fundamental Muslims' (as in, Middle Eastern Muslims) treatment of homosexual people. It's a damn shame that whenever someone brings it up, they get accused of this shit, gay or not.

It's well known that this happens, and I wish more people would bring it up.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Another commented: 'Now would Jeff Goldblum have asked a Christian queen that same question that he asked Jackie? That was really ignorant.'

Are there any Christian drag queens out there, for reals? Serious question, I wouldn't doubt there is one, but this is an ignorant statement since I've yet to hear of Christians throwing gays off of buildings and cutting off women's clitorises.

Cast Iron Pan

Firstborn son of Artavius Quarterman
kiwifarms.net
It’s even funnier because Jackie Cox is of Iranian descent. The place that would force him, as a gay man, to transition or die. But i suppose thats fairly progressive for the Middle East. At least they get a choice.
He's a gay transvestite, why does he care what people say about Islam at all? He doesn't follow or care about Islam, so why get upset? (Victim points, I assume?)