Celebrity Jeffree Star / Jeffrey Lynn Steininger - Sells Makeup, Really Dislikes Cunts

Vanilla Donut

Angry fried dough.
kiwifarms.net
I have almost no shame when it comes to wearing bright colours it public, I like to think I can make them work (I probably just look like a clown though, honestly).
But even I wouldn’t touch that with a ten foot pole. Cheeto dust, really? I didn’t think it could get much worse than that Alien palette. Jesus christ, it looks like a social experiment between the two just to show that people will buy utter shit if the branding is right. :cryblood:

Cake Farts

niceass
kiwifarms.net
That palette looks like shit. It's definitely not worth 50 dollars. I can get nicer looking eyeshadow palettes at drugstores.
As for Shane Dawson, this infomercial series has shown me how fake Shane Dawson is and how he's no different than the people he talks about. Also his poor guy act is embarrassing considering he has a mansion in Los Angeles. His fans are a bunch of dumbasses since a lot of them legit believed he was poor.

It looks like clown makeup.
Wow these people don’t know color theory for SHIT

NoReturn

kiwifarms.net
Wow these people don’t know color theory for SHIT
My fifth grade art teacher said I have "zero talent", and even my philistine ass knows this thing looks bad.
As someone who also doesn't know shit about color theory. Could you please explain further?
I want to understand why my brain is recoiling so much.

Cake Farts

niceass
kiwifarms.net
My fifth grade art teacher said I have "zero talent", and even my philistine ass knows this thing looks bad.
As someone who also doesn't know shit about color theory. Could you please explain further?
In simple terms, the colors they chose contrast too much and don’t really have a sense of balance. For example, the purple and yellow are both rather bright and bold colors, so it blasts your eyes and you don’t know what the hell to look at. The only one that looks passible is the pumpkin girl, but all she did was super easy blending with two similar looking colors but let’s be real here, almost nobody can pull off yellow

In short, similar colors look best together, complimentary colors like green and red draw attention IF USED SPARINGLY, and all of these hoes are delusional.

Creep It Real

kiwifarms.net
You should see colors that compliment each other with just a few that are maybe a bit out there that you might not be sure how to use (for the drag type looks some people like). A really, really well done pallet will make you think of some of the looks that the person it's named after is kind of known for, plus you should be able to see yourself using at least half the shades regardless of your skin tone & color.

Reactions: NoReturn

Sweetpeaa

kiwifarms.net
Does Jeff own Morphe? I went into their store and his pictures and his products seemed to be the front line of the store with everything else being closer to the back.

NoReturn

kiwifarms.net
You should see colors that compliment each other with just a few that are maybe a bit out there that you might not be sure how to use (for the drag type looks some people like). A really, really well done pallet will make you think of some of the looks that the person it's named after is kind of known for, plus you should be able to see yourself using at least half the shades regardless of your skin tone & color.
Does Jeff own Morphe? I went into their store and his pictures and his products seemed to be the front line of the store with everything else being closer to the back.
Maybe that's who his mysterious business partner is.

HIVidaBoheme

That hoe next door
kiwifarms.net
It's drag makeup, nobody but a queen on stage should be wearing it.

Can Jeffree just get back to reviewing makeup now please?
Can't see drags queens even taking trying these, the colors are hideous and clash badly. Sure maybe the Trisha color could be used by a few of them, but there are better palettes out there that have a better selection and adjust better to any theme. This is just a mishmash of tragic choices.

• Autistic
Reactions: Eljijodebuta

Madolche

unlimited
kiwifarms.net
No, Jeffree does not own Morphe. He talks about "the Morphe team" when he references them, and if he owned the brand itself he would have definitely mentioned it or talk about it like "his Morphe team". He always makes it a point to tell anyone he can about owning things like Killer Merch or how many investment properties he currently has. If he became Mr. Morphe™️ you bet your bottom dollar he would be tweeting about it.

You saw his stuff in the front because Morphe will always sell their staples, so they don't need to put them up front. It's just marketing and clever shelving -- show the customer what they should see first so they don't have to go digging for it. Every retailer does this. Morphe stores are not as big as Sephora so they make it a big deal to show off collabs. If you pay attention you'll see other Morphe collabs like James Charles also in front, because Morphe knows thats the reason most of its clientele are shopping with them today.

However, I would be not surprised if Jeffree owns stocks or has heavily invested in Morphe. He has claimed in the past that he never wanted to sell his makeup in Sephora and dissed Kat Von D for "selling out" basically for this reason, as Sephora has most control over her brand. The few other authorized retailers he has are for the European + overseas market so they can enjoy his stuff without paying exorbitant shipping fees but he mainly sticks with Morphe it seems for now. And why wouldn't he? He has to be getting amazing kickbacks from them or he has stakes in the company for how often he does appearances and shows up to Morphe store openings. Morphe and J star would be both stupid if they didn't work together, it is so highly lucrative for both of them at this point. With J using Morphe brushes in his reviews (as do many other celebrity YTers) Morphe has made themselves a household name in the industry. If Jeffree wanted to have their stores' screens show his asshole in full HD, Morphe would ask him to please contour it using their brushes.

TotallyAChick

I don't lift out of principle.
kiwifarms.net
If they (Shane&Jeffree) don't plan on making a "drama" episode or leaking the footage... I hope it gets leaked because of someone else. If any of those accusations were true, bad deeds are being covered up. Also, what happened to Shane trying to make documentaries? I doubt documentaries shy away from revealing information because of potential public opinion. Oh, that's right, this is an ad, not a documentary- my bad.

Bitch Kitten

basic cunt
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Can't see drags queens even taking trying these, the colors are hideous and clash badly. Sure maybe the Trisha color could be used by a few of them, but there are better palettes out there that have a better selection and adjust better to any theme. This is just a mishmash of tragic choices.
By better theme you mean just having any theme. The colours are so all over the place and there are virtually no transition shades.

Dylan

kiwifarms.net
He must have released the pallet just for the sake of releasing something, much like with black highlighter.

SAVE TWINKIE!

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He must have released the pallet just for the sake of releasing something, much like with black highlighter.
Not really. That was a gimmick. This? This is pretty much his holiday palette and it's a Shane collab. He released this to cash in and it made a shitload.

Bitch Kitten

basic cunt
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
J* is pretty business savvy and obviously knew he could cash in on Shane's popularity by allowing him to make and document a collection. The mess of colours in the pallet would have been way worse if Shane didn't have J* holding his hand the whole time. Shane admittedly knew very little about makeup until working with J*. This was a money grab all around but that's basically everything in the beauty world.

Soggy Towel

inch resting
kiwifarms.net
im just surprised with how “brutally honest” jeffree is he didn’t tell shane that this palette is an incoherent mess. He claimed he wanted the palette to be accessible for beginners/casual makeup wearers but the bright yellow and pink shades are definitely not beginner friendly or casually worn.

I get that the palette is inspired by shane’s history/experiences but it would have probably been a MUCH better palette if they stuck to one theme (like focusing on just his conspiracy theory series) and didn’t try to shove all of shane’s online career into an 18 shade palette.

Bitch Kitten

basic cunt
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
im just surprised with how “brutally honest” jeffree is he didn’t tell shane that this palette is an incoherent mess. He claimed he wanted the palette to be accessible for beginners/casual makeup wearers but the bright yellow and pink shades are definitely not beginner friendly or casually worn.

I get that the palette is inspired by shane’s history/experiences but it would have probably been a MUCH better palette if they stuck to one theme (like focusing on just his conspiracy theory series) and didn’t try to shove all of shane’s online career into an 18 shade palette.
If you watch the documentary, there's an interesting dynamic in the later episode where you can see J* becoming visibly frustrated with Shane. J* straining to reign it in during Shane's inability to pick a box design is probably the most obvious example. The whole time Shane is just freaking out everywhere, with J* probably more concerned about the money loss if Shane doesn't follow through than palette coherency at the end. J* knows people will buy it for the name regardless of what's in it.