Celebrity Jeffree Star / Jeffrey Lynn Steininger - Sells Makeup, Really Dislikes Cunts

• The End of Proving Grounds: (Thread) (Update) (Last Call in PG)
    I've enabled GIF avatars across the site again. Don't make me regret this.

weaselhat

Giggity
kiwifarms.net
If you watch the documentary, there's an interesting dynamic in the later episode where you can see J* becoming visibly frustrated with Shane. J* straining to reign it in during Shane's inability to pick a box design is probably the most obvious example. The whole time Shane is just freaking out everywhere, with J* probably more concerned about the money loss if Shane doesn't follow through than palette coherency at the end. J* knows people will buy it for the name regardless of what's in it.
Shane is probably a pain the ass who is used to everyone kissing his ass. Shane practically had to go to therapy when he didn't become best friends with Zachary Quinto during that The Chair fiasco and instead Zach was so disgusted with it, he took his name off of Shane's project. " It was Mr. Dawson’s apparent lack of collaboration, and inability to take criticism, that disturbed Mr. Quinto the most throughout the process."

Now Quinto probably shouldn't have been considered a mentor to Shane because there was some conflict of interest with the other chic who was competing with the artsy fartsy movie that I can't be half-assed to remember details but my point is Shane is a PITA to work with more than likely and J probably had to mediate on dollar signs to get through it.

Bitch Kitten

basic cunt
kiwifarms.net
Already made sure everyone knows he's working on a new palette

https://twitter.com/JeffreeStar/status/1194332982238015488 (https://archive.li/oeE9b)

Speculation based off of a snippet from a stack of liquid lips boxes are that it might be a "royal" purple palette for the continuing blood palette line

However, a recent trademark filing was found by @Jeffree_Stan_ for an eyeshadow palette called "Blood Money" (along with a few other things)

Also "mannequin foundation" trademark found by fans although he's been promising foundation for a while

Last edited:

NoReturn

kiwifarms.net
The newest "documentary" episode came out and... Holy shit guys. Why the actual fuck are those people so obsessed with makeup? There a clips of people having mental breakdowns in there.

• Feels
Reactions: TotallyAChick

Bitch Kitten

basic cunt
kiwifarms.net
The newest "documentary" episode came out and... Holy shit guys. Why the actual fuck are those people so obsessed with makeup? There a clips of people having mental breakdowns in there.
Yeah, and the shots of people living in squalor shitting themselves over making Jeffree and Shane even richer.

AND JESUS with the constant outbursts of forced laughter, and the shrieking and the OH MY GAWDing stressed me the fuck out.
For as long as it apparently took to edit, it could have been better than 1 hour 20 minutes of Shane's shocked face and "OMG"s...

But it's not

Spatula

delete your twitter.
kiwifarms.net
Either they knew the launch would pull 2 million requests and didn't know what to do about it, or they did know and let it overload the site and didn't do anything about it because it's so cool 'my pallete broke the internet'.
It didn't break the internet, it just overloaded shopify and your websites, calm down.

NoReturn

kiwifarms.net
An interesting tidbit during that whole debacle was that beefy dude saying that their site can only handle 11 purchases a minute. Really? That seems like amateur hour and that they don't expect heavy traffic on any given day.
And then they were like "The website guys fucked up"!
Can't help but wonder if there's some "clever" editing going on.

• Agree
Reactions: StrawberryDouche

Bitch Kitten

basic cunt
kiwifarms.net
An interesting tidbit during that whole debacle was that beefy dude saying that their site can only handle 11 purchases a minute. Really? That seems like amateur hour and that they don't expect heavy traffic on any given day.
They had the same issue with the Blue Blood, and other launches to a lesser extent, when it launched. It was over two hours of refreshing to check out. It should have been taken into account for this launch, but they never seem to fix the problem. When it happens literally every time, you have to wonder if it's intentional just a sales tactic to panic buyers into rushing to get them the moment of release.

Mushroom Soup

Who wants a hug?
kiwifarms.net
Apparently they're re-doing (???) the mini controversy palette to add in a green shade shown in an episode that ultimately wasn't included. To me this just shows that they didn't have a strong vision for the color story of the palette if they can just chuck in an emerald green without a second thought.

Bitch Kitten

basic cunt
kiwifarms.net
Apparently they're re-doing (???) the mini controversy palette to add in a green shade shown in an episode that ultimately wasn't included. To me this just shows that they didn't have a strong vision for the color story of the palette if they can just chuck in an emerald green without a second thought.
Shane was indecisive throughout the entire documentary about things. There was even a point where he decided to change some things up at the last moment according to J* on snapchat in the week before the release. You can even see the meeting where he can't even decide on a box and last moment changes that too.

Shane has to be the most annoying addition to the beauty community since James Charles.

Edit: There is now a patent for "Blood Money" eyeshadow palette so maybe they will use the emerald shade in that.

Bitch Kitten

basic cunt
kiwifarms.net
It's an ok color, but I just don't see many people wearing it outside of their fanbase.
Even within the fanbase few will be able to find a way to fit that colour into their daily wear. The greens in Blue Blood worked because they were more of a mint. The deeper and yellowy greens in Alien made it a much harder palette to find a use for... As in it gets pulled out for the nude shades or never. These things become more of a collector's display piece than something wearable.

NoReturn

kiwifarms.net
Even within the fanbase few will be able to find a way to fit that colour into their daily wear. The greens in Blue Blood worked because they were more of a mint. The deeper and yellowy greens in Alien made it a much harder palette to find a use for... As in it gets pulled out for the nude shades or never. These things become more of a collector's display piece than something wearable.
That's so wasteful. It's just gross consumerism like those stupid pop funkos

Cheesegirl78

"I want to f**k you sex sex sex"
kiwifarms.net
I liked the colors in the Alien palette, but the ridiculous, ugly packaging turned me off. And Jeffree's a drama-filled asshat as well.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino