Jerry Peet / Lily Orchard / Lily Peet / Valkyrstudios / Bhaalspawn / Tara Callie / "Mod Ebara" - Sociopath writer of pedophile fanfiction and cartoon reviews, faked getting raped to force a divorce, then mobbed and gaslit their ex off Tumblr, satanist neoliberal of the MovieSlob variety, also wants to fuck dogs and/or pokemon

SubarashiiRage

kiwifarms.net
Right, because everything we’ve seen about G up until these points says that she wouldn’t immediately be annoyed as hell with this “lol so random” girl.

And I hate that I know about the character enough to say that.
it will probably be used to be a "Lesbian useless"
no matter the personality or compatibility, it's love at first sight because she is so hot.

should be super pure and realistic, but it's no different than the "hetero-fantasies" about romance that Lily says are so inferior and boring.

and more, using a third person to "fix" G and so soon, not only is it unrealistic but it contradicts the characterization of G that would not grasp the possibility of entering into a relationship in that state, especially considering that all interactions with others Gardevoirs shown were negative or indifferent

we saw how toxic she can be with her best friend / sister and wanting to push the problem to another person especially in this needy rejected state is not the best idea

thebananaonion

kiwifarms.net
i hat ethe usless lesbain/gay/bi trope... like. ok i get it some people just dont get it when people are flirting towards them, some people cant pick up on shit like that but calling a lesbian useless... come on lily shouldnt you be better than this? Just call thew character hard to pick up on social ques or something. implying a lesbian is useless because she doesnt pick up on the fact someone is flirting with her... i thought you were against deeper meaning of things and took things at face value? so inturn, lily calls lesbains useless. how progressive.

Reactions: Grumpy Pickle Rick

Ben Laden

The True Leader of Al-Qatsuki
kiwifarms.net
There was one Gardevoir earlier that she acted like a bitch towards, wanted to kill a Ralts because it was trying to imprint on Lily, doesn't seem to like Diantha's Gardevoir as suggested by her own wikis, and basically wants nothing to do with bonnie who is half Gardevoir.

G seems to have this dislike of all other members of her species that she's met but she instantly falls for this Gardevoir. She's different. Somehow. Because she's fat and quirky which is her type...I guess? Even though you'd think someone more like herself/Lily would be her type...

Gee, if I didn't know any better, I'd say this was a lazy, poorly-conceived addition to the comic meant to pander to the fans who just want to see G be happy.

Lurkio

kiwifarms.net
God dang you guys are fast, there's almost nothing left to say about the new comic that hasn't already been said. Then again, it's not exactly a monumental task to break down Lily's writing, it's not like she experiments with different genre's or characters to bring anything new to the table.

Anyways, to play devils advocate, I'll give Mikalia this; the drawing of her Gardevoir in the second panel looks like she put a bit of extra effort into it, possibly because this is supposed to be her self-inserts Pokemon, but who knows? I still think Mikalia does have the potential to be a decent artist, but it's hard to develop your craft when you're dating someone who has no respect for art in almost every form.

emmens

Certified Fanfic Critic
kiwifarms.net
I'll give Mikalia this; the drawing of her Gardevoir in the second panel looks like she put a bit of extra effort into it, possibly because this is supposed to be her self-inserts Pokemon, but who knows?
There are literal self inserts of Lily and Mikaila in this. And then G and Marah are self inserts of them both respectively, We're reaching levels of self wank never seen before.

• Agree
Reactions: Grumpy Pickle Rick

ShiftyBoi

kiwifarms.net
God dang you guys are fast, there's almost nothing left to say about the new comic that hasn't already been said. Then again, it's not exactly a monumental task to break down Lily's writing, it's not like she experiments with different genre's or characters to bring anything new to the table.

Anyways, to play devils advocate, I'll give Mikalia this; the drawing of her Gardevoir in the second panel looks like she put a bit of extra effort into it, possibly because this is supposed to be her self-inserts Pokemon, but who knows? I still think Mikalia does have the potential to be a decent artist, but it's hard to develop your craft when you're dating someone who has no respect for art in almost every form.
I agree with you to some extent, but if you remember the artwork of the comic used to be far better.
1593376736597.png

1593377147929.png

two very different moments tone wise, but the overall quality in comparison is just egregious.

I know Lily and Mikail say they're doing this for fun, or casually or whatever, but all the melodrama and lore wikis and shit makes me think otherwise.
I don't know what made the art of the comic take a nosedive, Mikail could just not care, which I understand to some extent.

Maybe doing artwork like she used to would take too long and Lily told her to just draw lines and color them in like a five year old

Maybe Mikail used to care but has since adopted the mindset that the story is more important anyway. And is just phoning it in to plug her patreon
I dunno.

From the perspective of an artist I can understand not giving a shit about your stupid girlfriends drama fueled pokemon story, but on the other hand it's a shame to be wasting time on something you're not going to be putting effort in, she could be making real leaps and strides with this comic but instead she's comfortable making napkin doodles.
Imagine that original artstyle but honed and practiced for another year, it could be great.

But what do we have?
1593377621772.png

Attachments

Reactions: SubarashiiRage
I agree with you to some extent, but if you remember the artwork of the comic used to be far better.
View attachment 1414144

View attachment 1414164
two very different moments tone wise, but the overall quality in comparison is just egregious.

I know Lily and Mikail say they're doing this for fun, or casually or whatever, but all the melodrama and lore wikis and shit makes me think otherwise.
I don't know what made the art of the comic take a nosedive, Mikail could just not care, which I understand to some extent.

Maybe doing artwork like she used to would take too long and Lily told her to just draw lines and color them in like a five year old

Maybe Mikail used to care but has since adopted the mindset that the story is more important anyway. And is just phoning it in to plug her patreon
I dunno.

From the perspective of an artist I can understand not giving a shit about your stupid girlfriends drama fueled pokemon story, but on the other hand it's a shame to be wasting time on something you're not going to be putting effort in, she could be making real leaps and strides with this comic but instead she's comfortable making napkin doodles.
Imagine that original artstyle but honed and practiced for another year, it could be great.

But what do we have?
View attachment 1414186
I’d chalk it up to them just not really caring about it anymore. Updates have been slowing down a lot and the art still turns out worse over time. The moment Lily decided to commit to having longform story arcs was the moment the comic died. It went from a comedy about Lily’s self insert fucking around with Pokémon to a melodramatic mess with physical and mind rape, pokefucking, and a plaform to shit on an ex obsessively.

Lurkio

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1414144

View attachment 1414164

I dunno.

But what do we have?
View attachment 1414186
Oh no, I agree with you completely. While it did need a bit more refinement, I 100% agree that Mikalia's old style was way more visually pleasing. It's often advised to new artists to not draw a lot of anime because it can mess up the development of your own style and teach you a lot of bad habits that you'll end up having to spending a good chunk of time unlearning if you want to properly develop your skills.

I honestly believe the past year or so making this comic has had the same effect for Mikalia. Even the rare stand alone pieces she does don't look as good as the stuff she used to draw. They say the people you surround yourself with eventually influence you, even if in only small ways. So, again, what happens when an artist starts dating someone who hates art?

Still, I wanted to give Mikalia some small credit, even if it's partly out of pity. It seems like she has some skill that can be salvaged, but that's not going to happen if she keeps dating Lily and letting her dictate her life.

I’d chalk it up to them just not really caring about it anymore. Updates have been slowing down a lot and the art still turns out worse over time. The moment Lily decided to commit to having longform story arcs was the moment the comic died. It went from a comedy about Lily’s self insert fucking around with Pokémon to a melodramatic mess with physical and mind rape, pokefucking, and a plaform to shit on an ex obsessively.
I think Lily still sort of gives a shit, at least about the story and her characters, but she's held people who make visual mediums in contempt ever since SU ended because she believes Rebecca hired her artist friends to write the show and that's why it went to shit (which may or may not be true, but even if it is, it's no excuse to think impressive art or fluid animation are just "fluff pieces"). So she doesn't really care about the art's quality, so naturally the artist won't care too much about the quality. As for actually putting in the effort into making the comic? Yeah, I think she checked out on that a while ago.

But, yeah, it does seem like this is the "final arc", with G getting into (what Lily thinks is) a stable relationship and getting over her feeling towards Lily's self insert. We might see the occasional Gardevoir pic because Lily likes to fap to them they're Lily's favorite Pokemon, but I think the ending of the comic is coming soon and I doubt we'll be seeing another comic from Lily soon. Lily seemed to have started this thing because she got really into Pokemon for a few months and made this in the spur of her passion and has regretted it ever since. In fact, I'm fairly certain she turned it into a drama because she wanted to stay invested in it because of how popular it got and didn't want to miss the chance to pull in any Pokemon fans. She probably thinks that the comic has reached its peak as far as popularity goes (each strip has stayed consistently at around 200-250 notes, less if it's uncolored, but more if it involves Bonnie) and isn't worth the effort to keep up. She probably won't do another comic again for a while, not when she can just have Mikalia draw a few pictures of her OC's and then post info about them on her Tumblr/ make a wiki about them, which is enough to make her believe she's an actual writer instead of a sub-par cartoon reviewer on the Internet who will never see a single book, or any piece of media, published under her name.

Last edited:

ShiftyBoi

kiwifarms.net
1593463799596.png

If only I could be as good a writer as Lily.
Remember it's not out of character if you contrive a reason for a character to behave contrary to their actual character.
Also the Dark Side kind of was responsible for Kylo Ren becoming evil, it's what the Dark Side does if I'm not mistaken.

I mean it's the republic that's corrupt, not the empire that blew up Leia's home planet, or the sith that drove her father to murder her mother and cut off her brothers hand.
Also this quote: "It's almost like Leia is literally Royalty, a respected war hero, and a politician and Aliana is... none of those things"

Isn't Aliana a super powerful sith lord and respected figure in the galaxy that comes from a long lineage of powerful sith Lords that were respected figures in the galaxy?

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1416877
Remember it's not out of character if you contrive a reason for a character to behave contrary to their actual character.
Also the Dark Side kind of was responsible for Kylo Ren becoming evil, it's what the Dark Side does if I'm not mistaken.

I mean it's the republic that's corrupt, not the empire that blew up Leia's home planet, or the sith that drove her father to murder her mother and cut off her brothers hand.
Also this quote: "It's almost like Leia is literally Royalty, a respected war hero, and a politician and Aliana is... none of those things"

Isn't Aliana a super powerful sith lord and respected figure in the galaxy that comes from a long lineage of powerful sith Lords that were respected figures in the galaxy?
Ah, the “white privilege” argument. Amazing.

SubarashiiRage

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1416877

so if the Star Wars characters are in a water park, can I write them however I want just because it wasn't done before?

"Leia still can't let go" as if she had a choice when you decide what she does and thinks, nothing that Leia thinks about the Force, Dark Side or her father in the movies has ever been confirmed so Lily is taking it out of her ass.

but in the movies they confirmed that Ben Solo was manipulated by Palpatine and is capable of redemption so this Kylo that Lily writes is pure spite because he is shipped with her waifu.

"the rewrite is not about preserving characters according to the very narrow view of the fandom" certainly, because it is about Lily's extremely unpleasant view of the characters and how they are so shallow compared to the 11 dimensions of complexity of her OC and Kyl sucks( very important)

Lily projected "her parents, the government, privilege and several of her worldviews and anxieties in this fanfiction that the way she defends her OC and her writing is the same as she defending herself from the accusations:
"it's not my fault, it's everyone who keeps harassing me for being me",
"it's all made up and exaggerated to make me look like Satan",
"I'm just a cute lesbian who loves too much"

if you don't want to be called a self-insert, stop taking everything personally as if blaming the characters was a valid defense for criticism

X-Shaped Weeaboo

Not another anime avatar!
kiwifarms.net
if you don't want to be called a self-insert, stop taking everything personally as if blaming the characters was a valid defense for criticism
Just another way in which Jerry relates to Chris-chan shockingly well.

Jerry believes, despite himself being the author of his shitty stories, that his characters are capable of speaking for themselves and thus any criticism of their actions should go to them rather than Jerry.

Jerry's perception of reality is so warped that he thinks his version of characters is equally canon as source material simply because he wrote it.

The absolute mad-lad.

emmens

Certified Fanfic Critic
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1416877

So like, maybe I'll expand this post tomorrow. but these bits leap out at me.

Thirdly, it’s made very clear that this is unprecedented for Leia, with other characters remarking that they’ve never seen her like this and she’s usually a lot more cordial with people. Poe, Holdo and Rose have all remarked that Leia is a wonderful General “until Aliana walks into the room.” Which makes sense, because being forced to work with a Sith Lord is not something any of the OT characters have ever done. With Aliana taking a very SWTOR approach to the Sith and the Dark Side, this flies in the face of the very simple and easy divide in the Force of the OT.
It's almost like the approach from SWTOR was more about being an mmo and built with the intent of letting players have options to play the "bad side" with out also being the "bad guy." It's almost like Video Games and Movies are written differently. It's almost like the "simple divide" is because a movie has at most 2 hours and a video game hypothetically has DAYS.

Lastly, the rewrite is not necessarily about preserving characters in the very narrow way the fandom views them. Bear in mind we KEPT the whole “Luke is a burnout hiding in a cabin in the woods” deal, we just didn’t make it the focus of an entire story. Luke more readily accepts that he’s done something wrong in regards to Mayrik because he’s already self-exiled after doing something wrong. Leia doesn’t have the same.
lets remember that in the greater context the story is presenting the "wrong thing" as not murdering Ben Solo or at least from the 'objective stand point'

is any of what I'm saying Relvant? I don't know! it's 2:40 a.m. where I live.

TheAmbiguousLurker

kiwifarms.net
It's almost like the approach from SWTOR was more about being an mmo and built with the intent of letting players have options to play the "bad side" with out also being the "bad guy." It's almost like Video Games and Movies are written differently. It's almost like the "simple divide" is because a movie has at most 2 hours and a video game hypothetically has DAYS.
Hell, even SWTOR doesn't even complicate the divide that much, it just expands on how the Dark Side is used. It's still treated as a corrupting force, it's still treated as something that's enforces attitudes that constantly fuck the Sith Empire over and the majority of Dark Side choices revolve around cruelty or selfishness that only satisfy the user rather than do anything useful. Hell, Darth Marr, the fan favorite sith who's touted as the most reasonable dark side user? Denounces the darkside and goes over to the lightside in death.

Lilly's one of those players that constantly bitches at RPGs that don't let them murder NPCs just for looking at them the wrong way.

ColdArmadillo288

kiwifarms.net
so if the Star Wars characters are in a water park, can I write them however I want just because it wasn't done before?

"Leia still can't let go" as if she had a choice when you decide what she does and thinks, nothing that Leia thinks about the Force, Dark Side or her father in the movies has ever been confirmed so Lily is taking it out of her ass.

but in the movies they confirmed that Ben Solo was manipulated by Palpatine and is capable of redemption so this Kylo that Lily writes is pure spite because he is shipped with her waifu.

"the rewrite is not about preserving characters according to the very narrow view of the fandom" certainly, because it is about Lily's extremely unpleasant view of the characters and how they are so shallow compared to the 11 dimensions of complexity of her OC and Kyl sucks( very important)

Lily projected "her parents, the government, privilege and several of her worldviews and anxieties in this fanfiction that the way she defends her OC and her writing is the same as she defending herself from the accusations:
"it's not my fault, it's everyone who keeps harassing me for being me",
"it's all made up and exaggerated to make me look like Satan",
"I'm just a cute lesbian who loves too much"

“Cute” lesbian - as a queer woman myself; in no way is lily cute at all in terms of behaviour. She terrifies me

Son Goku Baku

kiwifarms.net
What I love about that ask is that anon said "a decent person who cares about you'll try to apologize" and Liliana's response to that was basically to whine about how everyone is mean to her.

I just can imagine her walking down the street, someone accidentally bumping into her and going "oh, sorry, didn't see you there" and she turning around just to yell about how they shouldn't have bumped against anyone in the first place and if they really want to repent, then better not to bump against anyone. Suffice to say, this attitude is not lack of coddling, is being a antisocial jerk for no reason, which I guess is the entire brand of Liliana.

Liliana has messed so much so many times already but, according to her, no one is allowed to fuck up not even one time on her shitty presence or else she will hold it against them as long she can breath and never attempt to reach any kind of amicable end. On that whole fanartist thing, it would have been the easiest thing on the world to say "I accept your apology, but don't ever do this again" and coming out looking like the bigger person. Instead, she blocked the artists, refused to aknowledge anything and then whine about people telling her that was shitty.

Sounds a little bit too much to what she always complained about Lizzy, about how she would hold grudges over things that happened a long time ago and how "abusive" this was, because only Liliana is allowed to be mad about things, not Lizzy and especially not when those things are Liliana's fault.