Jewish group calls on Congress to make Holocaust education mandatory in US schools - First three weeks? Holocaust.

• The Kiwi Farms is running a Fediverse Node, which is like Twitter but decentralized between many individual providers, similar to email. Feel free to sign up and follow me. There are many more services we federate with, and you will see all that content with one account. (Feedback thread.)

Maintenance is concluded.

Coldgrip

Dragon Kick your ass into the Milky Way.
kiwifarms.net
I also have Native American heritage so I am here to fight the White man from stealing my land.
So you know how to make money but you spend it all on mouthwash and meth? Is your greatest fear an oven with smallpox?

Now apologize for those gud boi palestinians who dindu nuffin, Himmlerstein.

DocHoliday1977

Queen of Kiwi
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
So you know how to make money but you spend it all on mouthwash and meth? Is your greatest fear an oven with smallpox?

Now apologize for those gud boi palestinians who dindu nuffin, Himmlerstein.

????????????????????????????????????????????

Tryphaena

Not like the other people here in the trailer park
kiwifarms.net
Who cares if it was six million or six thousand, it was an atrocity. If you actually read Mien Kampf, yes Hitler doesn't outright say kill six gorillion people, but he does say that to fight Jews is to defend god. The motive of the Nazi's was to single out Jewish people and use them as a scapegoat. I've been to Warsaw, and seen the rows upon rows of graves. Strangely enough, you get a lot of "Lews" and "Friedmans" showing up dead between 1939 and 1945. You could talk about "pushing an agenda" and "identity politics", but, and maybe this is an unpopular opinion, but I think the holocaust, the systematic extermination of Jews, and other groups like disabled people and Romani is something that needs to be remembered. If that means making it mandatory in schools, go ahead. Talk about the Armenian Genocide, Japanese Imperialism, all of it needs to be in taught, this is just a step in the right direction. I really don't see the problem here.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. It should be taught. I think the main issue a lot of people have is not only the misinformation that gets thrown in when it's taught (only Jews were in camps, skewed numbers, things @CitizenJane already covered, etc.), but the fact that it's only ever the Holocaust. No one pushes for the other topics and when they are taught, it glosses over a lot and gets framed in ways to make one party a total blameless victim. For example, the Japanese. When I was in school it was always framed as the big mean US just picking on Japan. We dropped a bomb on them. We're bad. Pearl Harbor was the only thing they did wrong and it's not like they even killed any civilians anyway so it doesn't matter. I'm sure you already know the reality of it. I only really found out about any of Japan's atrocities through my own research online. It blew my mind how much was redacted in order to make students believe Japan was the real victim.

Yes, yes, Hiroshima was awful. I know. But holy fuck. Anyone else remember that shit in school? The poor, poor innocent Japanese with their rich and beautiful culture and the evil US ruined them. Here's the story about the 1,000 Paper Cranes. Do you feel guilty yet? Armenian genocide also gets casually tossed aside with maybe a small chapter or two. (Hell, after playing online games with lots of Europeans, a lot of them openly hate Armenians. That's cool, but you better not talk about Jews.) I'd only say this was a step in the right direction if the petition encompassed ALL atrocities and wasn't being presented by the World Jewish Congress because they're upset about millennials not being able to name concentration camps. We're already taught about the Holocaust. We're all forced to read Anne Frank's diary and watch the movie. We have to read about it for an extended period. We're shown pictures. What the fuck else do they want? Maybe the real problem is that not everyone gives a shit about history. Most people don't even know the history of what happened in their own countries.

These people can fuck off with their constant need for victimhood disguised as trying to educate people.

Last edited:

DocHoliday1977

Queen of Kiwi
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
I'm so tired of a-holes excusing ignoring murder or breaking the law by calling it "victimhood".

Just another a-hole who thinks he's above the law. Here's a good way not to promote "victimhood". DON'T VICTIMiZE PEOPLE! Not a hard concept to learn.

Colorized photo of Doc's ancestor, Dances-with-Shekles.

It's shekels. And that really explains my Mel Brooks obsession and my irrational love for Blazing Saddles.

.Woody

I am the snake in my boot
kiwifarms.net
I don't necessarily disagree with you. It should be taught. I think the main issue a lot of people have is not only the misinformation that gets thrown in when it's taught (only Jews were in camps, skewed numbers, things @CitizenJane already covered, etc.), but the fact that it's only ever the Holocaust. No one pushes for the other topics and when they are taught, it glosses over a lot and gets framed in ways to make one party a total blameless victim. For example, the Japanese. When I was in school it was always framed as the big mean US just picking on Japan. We dropped a bomb on them. We're bad. Pearl Harbor was the only thing they did wrong and it's not like they even killed any civilians anyway so it doesn't matter. I'm sure you already know the reality of it. I only really found out about any of Japan's atrocities through my own research online. It blew my mind how much was redacted in order to make students believe Japan was the real victim.

Yes, yes, Hiroshima was awful. I know. But holy fuck. Anyone else remember that shit in school? The poor, poor innocent Japanese with their rich and beautiful culture and the evil US ruined them. Here's the story about the 1,000 Paper Cranes. Do you feel guilty yet? Armenian genocide also gets casually tossed aside with maybe a small chapter or two. (Hell, after playing online games with lots of Europeans, a lot of them openly hate Armenians. That's cool, but you better not talk about Jews.) I'd only say this was a step in the right direction of the petition encompassed ALL atrocities and wasn't being presented by the World Jewish Congress because they're upset about millennials not being able to name concentration camps. We're already taught about the Holocaust. We're all forced to read Anne Frank's diary and watch the movie. We have to read about it for an extended period. We're shown pictures. What the fuck else do they want? Maybe the real problem is that not everyone gives a shit about history. Most people don't even know the history of what happened in their own countries.

These people can fuck off with their constant need for victimhood disguised as trying to educate people.
I see your point, and I tend to agree with most of what you said. Your're definitely right about the fact that topics like the Armenian Genocide or the Rape of Nanjing get a lot less attention than the holocaust does, especially when it comes to education reform.
Like:
Here's an idea: why don't we address the very real horrors modern American education is facing such as the fact that math scores are at a 20 year low or the fact that half of students in California can't fucking read at their grade level before we begin squabbling over this stupid shit?
I do believe there a lot more glaring problems with what kids are being taught these days. Then again, I still don't see the problem with making holocaust education mandatory, it's still a good thing, and apparently necessary if your average 20 something thinks Buchenwald is a flavor of ice-cream.

Orkeosaurus

kiwifarms.net
In my experience the holocaust was taught in middle school, since you're old enough to understand the impact but not jaded enough to debate statistics. It shouldn't take up an entire section of high school history. This goes for slavery too.

Iwasamwillbe

Indra's net
kiwifarms.net
and the Jews were the ones who were behind communism
One man of Jewish descent (Karl Marx) and his Gentile associate (Friedrich Engels) does not equal the Jews, plural.

I swear that there's this weird Dunning-Kruger effect and/or blue car syndrome concerning Jewish history in A&H.
Funny how despite years of living under the Nazis these wealthy Jews remained in Germany. Stupidity, or hubris?
I would say obstinance combined with taking what was percieved to be a path of least resistance combined with attachment to home, as some of those "wealthy" Jews have had families in Germany for generations.

Yes, the Holocaust was an event that took place. But you cannot distill the Holocaust down to singular fact. It is a complex event layered in lies beginning before the war was even over. The soap, for example, was believed and repeated by Jews for 50 years following the war - and some still do. It wasn't until the early 1990s that Jewish scholars admitted there wasn't a shred of evidence supporting the story. The death tolls attributed to other camps have never been proven, in fact at some camps like Majdanek it has dropped from the original estimate of 2 million to under 70,000. That is an enormous margin of error. Furthermore the numbers attributed to these camps have only gone way one: down.

Nobody would deny that Jews were persecuted. However it is never taught WHY. It was not simply a case of Christians hating "Christ killers". And from all I have seen, it seems clear that the Holocaust was mostly about expelling Jews from Europe to go live in the Communist hellhole they created in Russia. It was not about exterminating every single last one of them.
Provide evidence that the Holocaust was mostly about deporting Jews to Soviet Russia, the communist hellhole that "they" supposedly created.

Because that frankly sounds like some historical negationist bullshit, given the clear evidence of the existence of the death camps, and the fact that Nazis targeted non-Jews, neither of which are necessary if they mostly just wanted to deport Jews to Russia.

This is without even going into the point that you're trying to "distill the Holocaust down to singular fact".

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: BR55 and .Woody

DocHoliday1977

Queen of Kiwi
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
I'd assume he would be depending where you lived also if you look for mongol history yourself. All I know is that modern day Mongolia is a "lol what that"
Call the Mongolia Department of education and complain.

White people being killed and conquered isn't important goy. Only the shoah matters.

Seriously though, I don't know any US school that doesn't stuff the holocaust shit down our throats from elementary to high school. Teaching it in middle school, junior high or high school is fine but pick one ffs. We hardly ever hear about other tragedies like it, I think there's only a small history lesson on Japanese internment camps which is probably just thrown away all together in modern school books.

School history boils down to American Revolution,Stealing natives land, slavery,holocaust,Hitler bad, US bad in Vietnam and cold war scary.
Well, since kids can't read anyway, so.

Its pretty hard for a kid not to understand the shoah when teachers talk about it more than the war itself.
I still didn't care about Jew's being victims or whatever when I was in 3rd grade, Nazi's had gucci ass uniforms and Panzer's were cash.
Shaking my head.

Last edited:

Niggernerd

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream to lose weight.
kiwifarms.net
Call the Mongolia Department of education and complain.
White people being killed and conquered isn't important goy. Only the shoah matters.

Seriously though, I don't know any US school that doesn't stuff the holocaust shit down our throats from elementary to high school. Teaching it in middle school, junior high or high school is fine but pick one ffs. We hardly ever hear about other tragedies like it, I think there's only a small history lesson on Japanese internment camps which is probably just thrown away all together in modern school books.

School history boils down to American Revolution,Stealing natives land, slavery,holocaust,Hitler bad, US bad in Vietnam and cold war scary.

Well, since kids can't read anyway, so.
Its pretty hard for a kid not to understand the shoah when teachers talk about it more than the war itself.
I still didn't care about Jew's being victims or whatever when I was in 3rd grade, Nazi's had gucci ass uniforms and Panzer's were cash.

Tryphaena

Not like the other people here in the trailer park
kiwifarms.net
I'm so tired of a-holes excusing ignoring murder or breaking the law by calling it "victimhood".

Just another a-hole who thinks he's above the law. Here's a good way not to promote "victimhood". DON'T VICTIMiZE PEOPLE! Not a hard concept to learn.

No one here is ignoring the murders that occurred by calling it victimhood. It's more, for me anyway, that it's framed that way to us from a young age. We are also seeing more and more that some groups want to be victimized. It's profitable and a good shield from criticism. But for the topic at hand with history classes. These lessons are rarely taught in a matter of fact manner. They are presented in ways meant to tug at heart strings and invoke feelings of guilt. I think a lot of people are annoyed with that kind of presentation. A history class, especially one full of kids, is not the place to try and draw out emotional responses. That's how they go about it though. In the US, primarily with the Holocaust, slavery, and Hiroshima. Hiroshima a bit less so simply because that segment is a little shorter than the others. The Japanese also don't seem to feel it's necessary to pressure the US over it.

The Holocaust should be taught but there is absolutely no reason it needs to be a 3 week lesson. Same with slavery in the US. Making a big statement about how it needs to be mandatory learning is ludicrous because it's already taught at length. Back to the groups that enjoy their badge of honor in victimhood, you can't honestly tell me that some people don't revel in and abuse it. That some people don't crave the shielding that comes with it (good example that's relevant to the Farms is Jessica Yaniv.) Even though the amount of people who actively hate Jews is relatively small, the victimhood aspect is very important to Jews. Why? Well, you wouldn't want people asking too many questions about them obtaining Israel or the shitty things the Israeli people do. The second someone opens their mouth about humanitarian crimes that Israel has committed, you'll have people going "BUT THE HOLOCAUST." That's where the education system is relevant in making Jewish people untouchable.

Then you have black people who also enjoy shielding via victimhood. We see plenty of times where "cop shoots black man", the family is crying about racism and what a good person the deceased is, while neatly tucking away the fact that the person was a known violent criminal who was armed or tried to run the officer over with a car. Then you sometimes have groups of black people rioting over it and definitely breaking the law by destroying things and hurting or killing people. We're told it's because they're so sick of racism and scared of police and white people. If you open your mouth to say that maybe they should examine the facts of the incident then "BUT SLAVERY AND CIVIL RIGHTS." And yes, I do acknowledge that sometimes there is actual racism involved and there have been some incidents where someone was wrongfully slain. However, that number is small compared to examples that I described. Racism against black people in most of the US is not as prevalent as we're led to believe.

Tl;dr Victimhood definitely plays some role in a lot of this. Being taught that some people are SUPER victims has a negative impact.

DocHoliday1977

Queen of Kiwi
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
No one here is ignoring the murders that occurred by calling it victimhood. It's more, for me anyway, that it's framed that way to us from a young age. We are also seeing more and more that some groups want to be victimized. It's profitable and a good shield from criticism. But for the topic at hand with history classes. These lessons are rarely taught in a matter of fact manner. They are presented in ways meant to tug at heart strings and invoke feelings of guilt. I think a lot of people are annoyed with that kind of presentation. A history class, especially one full of kids, is not the place to try and draw out emotional responses. That's how they go about it though. In the US, primarily with the Holocaust, slavery, and Hiroshima. Hiroshima a bit less so simply because that segment is a little shorter than the others. The Japanese also don't seem to feel it's necessary to pressure the US over it.

The Holocaust should be taught but there is absolutely no reason it needs to be a 3 week lesson. Same with slavery in the US. Making a big statement about how it needs to be mandatory learning is ludicrous because it's already taught at length. Back to the groups that enjoy their badge of honor in victimhood, you can't honestly tell me that some people don't revel in and abuse it. That some people don't crave the shielding that comes with it (good example that's relevant to the Farms is Jessica Yaniv.) Even though the amount of people who actively hate Jews is relatively small, the victimhood aspect is very important to Jews. Why? Well, you wouldn't want people asking too many questions about them obtaining Israel or the shitty things the Israeli people do. The second someone opens their mouth about humanitarian crimes that Israel has committed, you'll have people going "BUT THE HOLOCAUST." That's where the education system is relevant in making Jewish people untouchable.

Then you have black people who also enjoy shielding via victimhood. We see plenty of times where "cop shoots black man", the family is crying about racism and what a good person the deceased is, while neatly tucking away the fact that the person was a known violent criminal who was armed or tried to run the officer over with a car. Then you sometimes have groups of black people rioting over it and definitely breaking the law by destroying things and hurting or killing people. We're told it's because they're so sick of racism and scared of police and white people. If you open your mouth to say that maybe they should examine the facts of the incident then "BUT SLAVERY AND CIVIL RIGHTS." And yes, I do acknowledge that sometimes there is actual racism involved and there have been some incidents where someone was wrongfully slain. However, that number is small compared to examples that I described. Racism against black people in most of the US is not as prevalent as we're led to believe.

Tl;dr Victimhood definitely plays some role in a lot of this. Being taught that some people are SUPER victims has a negative impact.

I understand it can be used as a ploy to get ahead or get what one wants, but using it against those who’ve lived and dealt with a range of psychosomatic criminals, it’s truly demeaning, devaluing, and revolting.

• Feels
Reactions: Tryphaena

Iwasamwillbe

Indra's net
kiwifarms.net
https://codoh.com/

Knock yourself out, champ.
>has an article trying to discredit, if not outright smear Albert Einstein for some reason, even though Einstein had nothing to do with the Holocaust
>clear "reeeee Zionism" undercurrent to articles, even though Zionism as a whole has pretty much nothing to do with the holocaust
>views as authorities people who deny the gas chambers exist, a denial so idiotic and ungrounded in historical fact or reality that it has been refuted multiple times
>blatant subtext of Holocaust denial, working backwards from a position of "reee Zionists" (and that's a charitable interpretation), being masked as "Holocaust revisionism" or "Holocause skepticism"

This is an ideologically biased site, very likely to the point of deliberate dishonesty. It doesn't help that it has the same "just asking questions" tinge to it as a "mainstream 9/11 narrative skeptical" website.

And if these people are being suppressed, as they so claim, then that suppression is wrong. I actually want these people to become big, so that they can get shafted and flounder about on the national stage.

Funny thing is, the Committee for Open Debate on the Holocaust has an apparent history of banning people for arguing for the mainstream view of the Holocaust on their forums.

And of saying some pretty nasty shit when they think others aren't looking. And infighting.

So much for that "open debate". :story:

BoingoTango

Sabat on a gayops
kiwifarms.net
I do believe there a lot more glaring problems with what kids are being taught these days. Then again, I still don't see the problem with making holocaust education mandatory, it's still a good thing, and apparently necessary if your average 20 something thinks Buchenwald is a flavor of ice-cream.

NO ONE HAS FORGOTTEN ABOUT YOUR STUPID HOLOCAUST THIS ARTICLE IS A LIE

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino