Jewish group calls on Congress to make Holocaust education mandatory in US schools - First three weeks? Holocaust.

The Wokest

Diversity is our strength
kiwifarms.net
What if teaching the young how it never happened counts as educating them on the topic too?
If that's the case I support the motion of this brave hebrew group

I learned about the holocaust every fucking year in school. We watched schindler's list, read the diary of anne frank, and all the other shit about how they killed 6 million jews and gays and such.

I learned about 0 other genocides. Not even wounded knee or the trail of tears. Certainly nothing else from europe. Armenians? No, never happened. But we must remember the holocaust, always, forever.

If being a victim is a huge part of a culture's identity than get a new identity jesus fucking christ!

HeyYou

seriousposter
kiwifarms.net
I learned about the holocaust every fucking year in school. We watched schindler's list, read the diary of anne frank, and all the other shit about how they killed 6 million jews and gays and such.

I learned about 0 other genocides. Not even wounded knee or the trail of tears. Certainly nothing else from europe. Armenians? No, never happened. But we must remember the holocaust, always, forever.

If being a victim is a huge part of a culture's identity than get a new identity jesus fucking christ!
I remember when I took European History in high school a huge part of the Reconquista discussion was the expulsion of the small minority of Jews in Spain and not, you know, the hugely interesting process of the Spanish kicking out Muslims who had repressed them for hundreds of years or how the Muslims had treated the Jews and Catholics both like utter shit and the whole "uwu the Muslims were such nice rulers remember the Al-Andalus" narrative that pervaded historiography for years was being unraveled. I laugh at holocaust deniers every other day considering my field is history, but even I thought the expulsion of Jews should be a footnote considering how insane the Reconquista was.

Lissamine Green

kiwifarms.net

What I find even more striking is how much fiction we had to read about the holocaust. We learned about a few other bad things in history (mostly trail of tears and slavery) but we didn't get hit over the head with fictional accounts meant to force us to put ourselves in the victims' shoes to nearly the same extent. We watched "Roots" in 8th grade (my history teacher was a weirdo, I gotta say) and read Huck Finn and To Kill a Mockingbird, but that was it as far as forced empathy with victims of bad shit in American history. For the Holocaust there was literally a novel or memoir every year from 5th grade on. Number the Stars, Night, Anne Frank, the play version of Anne Frank, the Painted Bird, some exceptional book about helping Jews ski to freedom in Norway, Maus, and that's not even mentioning the movies and TV specials...on and on. But what gets me is that assigning fiction really is assigning the reader to empathize with the protagonist, and it was only ever one type of protagonist that they forced that way. There wasn't a concerted campaign to get inside the heads of Russian soldiers or Indian farmers or any other group in that way. Weird.

Sexy Times Hitler

Got more soul than a sock with a hole
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I thought this was a given whenever a history class would get to WWII.

I remember taking a class Sophomore year focusing on genocides in history, not just the Holocaust. If that could be an option nationwide, then maybe they would be satisfied.

I also just realized that given my username, I should be one of the last people encouraging genocide education lol.
Can they also learn about the things the Empire of Japan did as well? They were just as bad, if not worse, than the Nazis.
I remember my history teacher going out of his way to spend a day teaching us about the Rape of Nanjing because he was disgusted that it only got a paragraph in the class textbook.

I thought this was a given whenever a history class would get to WWII.

I remember taking a class Sophomore year focusing on genocides in history, not just the Holocaust. If that could be an option nationwide, then maybe they would be satisfied.

I also just realized that given my username, I should be one of the last people encouraging genocide education lol.

I remember my history teacher going out of his way to spend a day teaching us about the Rape of Nanjing because he was disgusted that it only got a paragraph in the class textbook.
Uh oh wrong think detected: as Barack taught us the only bad part about the rape of nanjing was the US interrupting the japanese trying to be prosperous.

No, really, the fucker apologized for the US PROVOKING JAPAN in WW2.

Pop-Tart

The final solution to the weeb question.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Waiting for you to show up because we knew every other lolcow was a pale imitation of your glory, obviously.

Also the mods are pretty lighthanded here so you can talk about various shit without worrying too much about getting banned for wrongthink.

Why are you in the off topic articles and happenings forum talking about cows?
Literally just gonna quote visitor for you. Also I am not the one on the verge of being hala'd you faggot.

Also keep neg rating me A&H niggers its not gonna change the fact that this is a lolcow focused site and you guys are just all /pol/ rejects and doomers who are hated by the community at large. This is a containment zone, nothing more.
:story:

But please 1488 keep doing this, keep neg rating me and calling me a good goy or somethin.

Literally just gonna quote visitor for you. Also I am not the one on the verge of being hala'd you faggot.
View attachment 835712

Also keep neg rating me A&H niggers its not gonna change the fact that this is a lolcow focused site and you guys are just all /pol/ rejects and doomers who are hated by the community at large. This is a containment zone, nothing more.
:story:

But please 1488 keep doing this, keep neg rating me and calling me a good goy or somethin.
Uhh... what? If you don't like A&H why don't you go to someplace that isn't A&H?

I don't give a shit what @Visitor or you think the purpose of this site is. It's got an articles and happenings forum and I enjoy it. Plenty of other do. Also what is this "I'm not the one on the verge of being hala'd"? Also why are you throwing quotes from a random idiot from a month ago?

Second part is good bait but I'll let someone else go off about that part.

Visitor

Just here for the balls
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Uhh... what? If you don't like A&H why don't you go to someplace that isn't A&H?

I don't give a shit what @Visitor or you think the purpose of this site is. It's got an articles and happenings forum and I enjoy it. Plenty of other do. Also what is this "I'm not the one on the verge of being hala'd"? Also why are you throwing quotes from a random idiot from a month ago?

Second part is good bait but I'll let someone else go off about that part.
Don't tag me with this stupid shit. Try to have some courtesy to other users on this site for once, this forum is not a fucking ballpit for you to go around pissing in constantly. You're embarrassing.

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
Why is this an issue? it happened, the german state killed about 300.000 handycapped people, out of mercy.
also they gassed some polish people for not working hard enough.

• Agree
Reactions: Ratko_Falco

CamelCursive

kiwifarms.net
Remember that faggot in school that would always try to enforce the teacher's rules about chewing gum when she wasn't around?

Sīn the Moon Daddy

🌙 Time and Tide
kiwifarms.net
Uh oh wrong think detected: as Barack taught us the only bad part about the rape of nanjing was the US interrupting the japanese trying to be prosperous.

No, really, the fucker apologized for the US PROVOKING JAPAN in WW2.
I would have slapped their little yellow emperor until he apologized to me
That's why we need a man with testicles to run for president whenever Papa Trump is done pwning the libs

So you'd rather we not spend any time teaching kids about the Holocaust?
I would say the current time we spend teaching about the holocaust is already too much, like I said, I learned about the holocaust every year in school. I went to a holocaust museum, watched holocaust movies, read holocaust books.

I definitely think we should not increase the amount of teaching on the subject.

Do you think we shouldn't spend any time teaching kids about the other genocides that have happened? Oh look, now we can both put words in each other's mouth...

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino