Jewish group calls on Congress to make Holocaust education mandatory in US schools - First three weeks? Holocaust.

Forcing kids to learn about more and more will only make them hate it and not care greater than before. Kids already don't care too much these days about it, this isn't going to do anything to change that.
I think that this can have the opposite effect. Most of the holocaust occurred on the eastern front, in the territories located between Hitler and Stalin. I think that most students will be gravely impressed once they begin to fathom the terror of the eastern front of world war 2.

I think that this can have the opposite effect. Most of the holocaust occurred on the eastern front, in the territories located between Hitler and Stalin. I think that most students will be gravely impressed once they begin to fathom the terror of the eastern front of world war 2.
LOL you really think they'll go into that level of detail?

It's "Germany was nazis, nazis evil, see all these poor victims of nazis? See? SEE? So do whatever we want forever. Did you see what the nazis did, by the way? Look at this little girl in a red dress. Now she's dead. You don't like child killing nazis do you?"

The lesson of HOW germany ended up going nazi is a much better cautionary tale, the lesson "Yeah the nazis were really really bad" is firstly, already done, and secondly, not actually very informative.

Cardenio

Cheese?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

It's "Germany was nazis, nazis evil, see all these poor victims of nazis? See? SEE? So do whatever we want forever. Did you see what the nazis did, by the way? Look at this little girl in a red dress. Now she's dead. You don't like child killing nazis do you?"

The lesson of HOW germany ended up going nazi is a much better cautionary tale, the lesson "Yeah the nazis were really really bad" is firstly, already done, and secondly, not actually very informative.
They don't want to teach the public of the dangers of encouraging the growth of Authoritarian Government because they still want it. For crying out loud we still get propaganda of why Europe and the US should be more like China... which has actual concentration camps. Remember to vote for Bernie folks!

Terrorist

Osama bin Ladkin
kiwifarms.net
I think I know who's behind this: the chairwoman of ZOG herself and representative of all jews worldwide, Ms. Megan McCain.

They don't want to teach the public of the dangers of encouraging the growth of Authoritarian Government because they still want it. For crying out loud we still get propaganda of why Europe and the US should be more like China... which has actual concentration camps. Remember to vote for Bernie folks!
Exactly. We're living the fucking prelude to nazis, or at least a close parallel. Luckily, unlike germany, we're not in a huge economic disaster, so people aren't so desperate they'll take an insane new form of government. Of course, the people trying to sign us on to lopsided climate agreements and shit want to saddle the nation with a ton of extra costs...

If the economy were doing poorly right now things would be A LOT worse in the US.

• Feels
Reactions: Chiri and BR55

Wesley Willis

Rock over London, Burn down Chicago!
kiwifarms.net
On my very first day of high school my history teacher blurted out during orientation, "Are you ready to learn some actual history? No? Go back to Jr, high? I thought all they taught was the Holocaust.."

This was almost a quarter century ago in the upper Great Plains region. I can only imagine how far along political correctness has come in schools.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net

What are you talking about? The germans turned nazi suddenly in 1939 because they were meanies. #impeachdrumpf

Terrorist

Osama bin Ladkin
kiwifarms.net
All of le baste MAGA shitlords will sign off on this if they include a chapter where it says pointing out that AIPAC is a lobbying organization republicans accept donations from to legislate in Israel's favor isn't just Nazism, but extra double evil Superislamonazism, and it will lead to another holocaust at lieberal demonkkkrat hands if we aren't careful.

Footnote about Stalin but only to show the USSR didn't support Israel, therefore criticizing Israel makes you a communist subversive too.

Malagor the dank omen

Reikland's Official Cattle Molester
kiwifarms.net
What are you talking about? The germans turned nazi suddenly in 1939 because they were meanies. #impeachdrumpf
If the average school attendant wasn't too mellow and conditioned, they would actually start to do research on their own and see that the nazis rose to power in a ruined and empoverished Germany rampant with commies that staged a coup and attacked innocent people, paired with all sorts of rampant degeneracy in broad daylight. Don't you think it would get ther noggin' joggin' a little bit?

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
the US supporting Terrorists was the main cause for all of it.
the Italian Front was broken and there would have been a good peace in europe without the US intervening on behalf of the terrorists.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Alec Benson Leary

Barnard

kiwifarms.net
I also wish they did this. There's a lot to tell about this aspect of the war that probably isn't particularly widespread knowledge, basic stuff like Einsatzgruppen, camps in Belzec, Sobibor and Treblinka (I wonder how many people know they used carbon monoxide there instead of the infamous Zyklon-B?), or how sometimes the Nazis would encourage the locals to do pogroms instead of killing the Juice themselves (Heydrich's directives; I'm not sure what the idea was, to partially absolve themselves of the responsibility?). I hear Romania is an interesting case study too.

I bet they would ignore most aspects of a complex process and just go with the fanatical racism angle. How'd that quote go? "And then, for no apparent reason at all, Hitler was elected."

• Agree
Reactions: Alec Benson Leary
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino