Careercow Jim Sterling (James Stanton/Sexton) & in memoriam TotalBiscuit (John Bain) - One Gaming Lolcow Thread

DootDoot55

Craniorectal Demon from the Fourth Dimension
kiwifarms.net
Some bits from his twitter

Jim retweets the furry tranny sloth with epic insight on Epic, so let's see what the troon wrote...
View attachment 829994

Oh wow, the same thing even idiots like me or others on farms said months ago when Jim was praising Epic Store! Great insight, absolutely news/retweet worthy
View attachment 829995

Some more whining about capitalism, again, let's look at what the tweet said in full..
View attachment 829996

Ok fair enough, the part about raise after 2 seasons is little scummy, but come the fuck on, the research basically saying viewers enjoy first 2 seasons the most, because guess fucking what, shows get stale and the writing is declining. Personally, I much prefer miniseries, fewer seasons (and more shows) and clearly established endings, rather than when my favorite show is stretched into 8 seasons with padded content and it basically becomes a soap opera in the end.
How is trying to produce shows that people actually want to watch and enjoy a failure of capitalism?
View attachment 829998
Rate me 🌈 , but I think that furry tranny sloth will have a thread here eventually. I sense a deep exceptional perversion about that one 🧐

Piss

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ironic since he took up residence in the reddest state in the USA 🤔
I've really wondered why Jim moved to Missouri, of all places. I really think it has to do with his enormous disgusting wife taking him in and transforming him into what he is today. Considering ten years ago, he was making fun of feminists and all.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: IAmNotAlpharius

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
I do agree with him on this one - it's a bit ridiculous they are trying to stop people getting free XP, but will sell you a booster that does the exact same thing.
I do agree that the boosters are bullshit, but kinda breaking the system with just having a character stand to get free XP? Eh, kinda cheaty, when they could have just had characters I dunno run in a circle or shoot a few targets and just set the XP to a large amount.

Orange//Net

kiwifarms.net
Really ideally you would have none, particularly bad when you make the cheat XP thing with Ubisoft's own tool. Really I don't think that hack would have been so prolific without Ubisoft's bullshit.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: IAmNotAlpharius

gobbogobb

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Game developer makes tool to render microtransactions obsolete

game developer gets mad when users use tool to make microtransactions obsolete

Jim Sterling is generally stupid but I'm kind of with him on this one. please note I haven't watched the video and am completely assuming this is what he's mad about.

Please for the love of God correct me if I'm wrong because I don't want to agree with this idiot.

• Agree
Reactions: R.E.O. Spedwagon

Orange//Net

kiwifarms.net
Game developer makes tool to render microtransactions obsolete

game developer gets mad when users use tool to make microtransactions obsolete

Jim Sterling is generally stupid but I'm kind of with him on this one. please note I haven't watched the video and am completely assuming this is what he's mad about.

Please for the love of God correct me if I'm wrong because I don't want to agree with this idiot.
Well Jim is actually pretty OK when he's just being a consumer advocate. What makes him terrible is all the other shit like the maybe fake sob stories, the stupid gags, the SJW bullshit. Really imo Jim wouldn't have a thread if he was just some consumer watchdog for game's media.

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
Really ideally you would have none, particularly bad when you make the cheat XP thing with Ubisoft's own tool. Really I don't think that hack would have been so prolific without Ubisoft's bullshit.
I could be wrong, but the reason this tool was even implemented was because players complaining about the general mission structure in the game, so Ubisoft went "Well, okay here are some tools and make your own adventures then."

• Agree
Reactions: Orange//Net

Orange//Net

kiwifarms.net
Objection, I'd like to point out that this is the same pile of crap whose stance changes when hes given a free copy of something or not. He can still have his broken clock moments but as a whole, I say nay.
I agree with this.The guy has never been consistent or principled. Part of me wonders if he got on the SJW bandwagon because that's where the money went instead of a genuine change of heart after years of being a shitlord.

Blue Jerkop

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I do agree that the boosters are bullshit, but kinda breaking the system with just having a character stand to get free XP? Eh, kinda cheaty, when they could have just had characters I dunno run in a circle or shoot a few targets and just set the XP to a large amount.
Back in the day, developers who made single player games would often include some 'cheaty' things called cheatcodes. They took about 5 minutes to code in and would entirely break the game. They were also fun and gave players the agency to play the game the way they wanted to.

Now, in 2019, you pay for a game and own it even less than ever. Not only do people have 'achievements' and other meaningless merit badges but publishers figured out that instead of taking 5 minutes to code in an invulnerability cheat they could take 10 minutes and create an XP cheat behind a paywall. Which is annoying but it goes to downright shitty because they realize they need to protect their new golden goose. So they do stuff like make always-online games and fuck up the modding community to stop stuff like this. They're not concerned with the game system, they're concerned with their pay system.

Last edited:

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
He didn't get any money from that. He was just doing it to express his displeasure towards Steam, right until he learned that 95 percent of his audience hates Epic and their practices.
I'm not sure if it's worse to be a whore or a completely oblivious moron. Either one means you can not be trusted as a "consumer advocate" when you don't even know what consumers want.

TheWatchfulFurfag

Hovers over the e-highway of autism
kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure if it's worse to be a whore or a completely oblivious moron. Either one means you can not be trusted as a "consumer advocate" when you don't even know what consumers want.
He really quickly backed off when people obviously pointed out how shitty epic is for Consumers. Say what you like about valve, but they aren't linked to data mining for the Communist Party of China.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino