Careercow Jim Sterling (James Stanton/Sexton) & in memoriam TotalBiscuit (John Bain) - One Gaming Lolcow Thread

Blue Jerkop

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I could be wrong, but YongYea never really seemed like a "consumer advocate" type, at best the guy just gives various news on some stuff that has occurred and shares his opinion on it. I've rarely seen him stand on a soap box and claim he's a an advocate, best he's just a simple youtube dude who shares his views and that's about it.
He's just more dry\boring. Which, to be fair, I think is a positive element in a market with clowns running around yelling that the sky is falling at all times. It's not bad to have someone with a calming voice that basically goes over whatever Jim et al have been on about this week, though.

purpleboy

Purple Spergosaur
kiwifarms.net
My issue wasn’t “fanbase demonization”, my issue was that these kinds of videos are lazy and shit and that the men in these videos are obviously just crying “pro-consumer” crocodile tears to get Twitter and Reddit to give them asspats

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Hasn't Sterling mentioned in videos about loot boxes he finds himself drawn to them because of an addictive personality trait? So he allegedly knows that feeling and yet makes a video like that. What a twat.
It's not a stretch to look at a morbidly obese freak like Sterling and realize he has self control issues.

AsbestosFlaygon

Dead to all deafs.
kiwifarms.net
My issue wasn’t “fanbase demonization”, my issue was that these kinds of videos are lazy and shit and that the men in these videos are obviously just crying “pro-consumer” crocodile tears to get Twitter and Reddit to give them asspats
The “fanbase demonization”, comments weren't necessarily a direct reply to you, more a separate thing that came to my mind that was related. My point was that I don't think they're actively trying to pander, they're trying to spread information to the masses. Lets say that in reality that every video they do that 10% are new views and the remainder is their existing audience. I think the reason Jim & Yong pump out basically the same content all the time is that they think those numbers are reversed. They think they're not pandering because most of their audience is new, when in reality it's mostly the same hipster redditor types tuning in every week, hope that better explains my point.

Well, lets not glorify fanbases, shall we? As much as I dislike say Yahtzee, the guy did raise the idea how fans are and remain whiny and never pleased fuckheads who also never really know what they want. You wanna try something new with a franchise? Theyll whine and scream rape/murder of "muh childhood!" You wanna re-release it for the younger fans or do a remake? Theyll cry how ite blatant pandering and how younger fans need to fuck off as the "old fans" matter more. An thats not even getting into em pissing about "back in muh days" BS.
I completely agree, you shouldn't always listen to a fanbase, and I'll say that my comment about a fanbase knowing what they want isn't correct. What would be more accurate to say is that a fanbase as a collective knows what it wants in a general sense, but not the exact details of what it wants. You should try and figure out what the common complaints for the vast majority and fix them, maybe even listen to the select few that actually go through the effort to explain their criticisms in a non-autistic manner. But of course you don't listen to every single twelve year old that says that you should make your game easier, or someone that doesn't understand that a remake isn't taking resources from their main projects.

Autocrat

Xenofascist
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 865103View attachment 865104View attachment 865105
View attachment 865110

Look, I hate scummy MTXs too, but it’s clear guys like YY, Sterling, RTU, Quartering, etc only make these videos because they’re easy to make and generate easy clicks
Yong is maybe the most pathetic, because he literally rips off of Sterling videos. If Sterling makes a nuanced point on something, a few hours later Yong will make a similar video including that point.

Rhysuu

Might be next to you right now.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yong is maybe the most pathetic, because he literally rips off of Sterling videos. If Sterling makes a nuanced point on something, a few hours later Yong will make a similar video including that point.
The videos Yong makes that aren't covering the exact same things Sterling covers are instead just him reading out Reddit posts verbatim.

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 872831

Guess what game

Go on, guess
I mean, I liked Youngblood, but I'd be pretty damn hard pressed to consider the characters "likable and realistic". Like seriously, they are clearly supposed to be stereotypes of 80's tomboys amped up to eleven, that's like the whole fuckin' point of the Wolfenstein games, everyones a walking stereotype that is amped to eleven and isn't meant to be taken seriously.

Reactions: Adolf Von Merkel
I mean, I liked Youngblood, but I'd be pretty damn hard pressed to consider the characters "likable and realistic". Like seriously, they are clearly supposed to be stereotypes of 80's tomboys amped up to eleven, that's like the whole fuckin' point of the Wolfenstein games, everyones a walking stereotype that is amped to eleven and isn't meant to be taken seriously.

Although the problem with modern Wolfenstein games, especially Collosus, is that it wanted to make a serious point whilst also being a zany OTT shooter, so it ended up a complete tonal mess. Admittedly I haven't played Youngblood, but from what I've seen it looks so insufferably obnoxious (much like Rage 2) it doesn't make me want to try.

• Agree
Reactions: Sir Wesley Tailpipe

Lokka

kiwifarms.net
The videos Yong makes that aren't covering the exact same things Sterling covers are instead just him reading out Reddit posts verbatim.
It's great to watch if you can't sleep, tbh. Puts me out every time. He's just dry, not like a glass of white wine or the straight man in a comedy duo which could be enjoyable, but like a desert in the summer. The only thing he really has going for him is his looks to get the thirsty gaymer gurl clicks.

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
Although the problem with modern Wolfenstein games, especially Collosus, is that it wanted to make a serious point whilst also being a zany OTT shooter, so it ended up a complete tonal mess. Admittedly I haven't played Youngblood, but from what I've seen it looks so insufferably obnoxious (much like Rage 2) it doesn't make me want to try.
Honestly, I'd say only New Order seemed like it tried to be all serious, an that kinda fell apart the moment they said "Oh yeah, there's this super secret Jew organization that has created nanomachines and all this other scify shit", by that point you take the whole series as seriously as say The Inglorious Basterds.

• Agree
Reactions: Judge Dredd

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino