Careercow Jim Sterling (James Stanton/Sexton) & in memoriam TotalBiscuit (John Bain) - One Gaming Lolcow Thread

Burning Fanatic

Lvl. 12 Necroposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 12.20.06 PM.png

Currently 800 dislikes. Was it the Ooblets dicksriders, something Jim said that people disagree with, or something else completely? Cause I figured this would be a pretty standard issue everyone can agree on.

Last edited:

Vic Viper T301

Commencing attack on the enemy
kiwifarms.net
Currently 800 dislikes. Was it the Ooblets dicksriders, something Jim said that people disagree with, or something else completely? Cause I figured this would be a pretty standard issue everyone can agree on.
I'm surprised he's not taking the side of the douchebag developers on this one, I'm not familiar with Jim's take on Epic store exclusivity in general but he seems the type to jump on the "Cry more, entitled gamers!" bandwagon when it suits him.

Piss

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wokenstien Dungblood?
It's Wolfenstein: Youngblood, right?

And to answer Mukatsuku's question. Jim's on the planet Cuckold.
I'm late about it but I'll guess anyway, It's Youngblood right?
Jim really does like the 80s-90s in the worst way possible, it's like that kid who brought Garbage Pail Kids and show it to his school buddies and they ended up ditching him.
Yup, Youngblood. His review is pretty much on par except for his thoughts on the sisters, since I guess you can be as obnoxious as you want in Jim's eyes as long as you're espousing rightthink. He also played it on PS4, which is a little silly seeing as though it's also on Switch and he loves talking all about how much he enjoys his Switch. Maybe he got a free key, who knows.

Jim's nostalgia by way of cheesy cartoons is... certainly unique, to say the least. I guess he was the only kid who actually enjoyed those cartoons, rather than just watching them because they were the only kid-friendly thing on TV before school in the morning.

View attachment 873990

To his credit, Jim did get his video out on it a day before TheQuartering, with half the runtime and a much better presentation.

Though I'd bet those dislikes are from the thickies that think an indie game developer making fun of G a M e R Z = a good thing, and are bewildered at Jim mocking them.

Last edited:

Lou Wrong

Butthurt about Buddyloids
kiwifarms.net
I do not know why Jim keeps putting very low musical scores in his videos (he does this, by the way, for those who can't hear them) but it is loud enough for me to pick up and is ruining my watch experience. This better be some sort of copy write deadlock master plan.

Honestly, I'd say only New Order seemed like it tried to be all serious, an that kinda fell apart the moment they said "Oh yeah, there's this super secret Jew organization that has created nanomachines and all this other scify shit", by that point you take the whole series as seriously as say The Inglorious Basterds.

Colossus definitely had many attempts to be serious, the whole game starts with domestic abuse and your father trying to make you shoot your dog. Then we end up with disembodied heads and one of the most WTF moments I've ever witnessed in the final cutscene.

JasonBlahasHat

Non-negotiable
kiwifarms.net
Colossus definitely had many attempts to be serious, the whole game starts with domestic abuse and your father trying to make you shoot your dog. Then we end up with disembodied heads and one of the most WTF moments I've ever witnessed in the final cutscene.
From what I’ve seen of Colossus and especially Youngblood, they seem to be trying to recapture the tone of Inglorious Bastards and completely missing what made that movie work. Bastard’s tone works because it makes Nazis into a total farce but still maintains a hatable villain and palpable tension. This is because of Tarantino’s excellent dialog and a captivating performance by Christof Waltz, which Wolf has neither. Bastards is in many ways a parody of American propaganda films of the era, making its 100 NATZEE SCALPS tone work, because in propaganda the enemy is always completely irredeemable, and the fact that our hero’s are committing war crimes doesn’t even occur to the audience. Meanwhile the new Wolf games seem to think that they’re the most politically relevant and socially conscious games ever. Combine that with a way, way too serious and preachy tone and all the talk of KILLIN NAZIS YOU GUYSE and it comes off like a vindictive power fantasy for lefties who imagine trump supporters as Nazis.

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
From what I’ve seen of Colossus and especially Youngblood, they seem to be trying to recapture the tone of Inglorious Bastards and completely missing what made that movie work. Bastard’s tone works because it makes Nazis into a total farce but still maintains a hatable villain and palpable tension. This is because of Tarantino’s excellent dialog and a captivating performance by Christof Waltz, which Wolf has neither. Bastards is in many ways a parody of American propaganda films of the era, making its 100 NATZEE SCALPS tone work, because in propaganda the enemy is always completely irredeemable, and the fact that our hero’s are committing war crimes doesn’t even occur to the audience. Meanwhile the new Wolf games seem to think that they’re the most politically relevant and socially conscious games ever. Combine that with a way, way too serious and preachy tone and all the talk of KILLIN NAZIS YOU GUYSE and it comes off like a vindictive power fantasy for lefties who imagine trump supporters as Nazis.
You know, I find it somewhat ironic we have anti-SJW's getting pissy over the Wolf games, while SJW's are pissy over Doom Eternal for making fun of 'em.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Piss

JasonBlahasHat

Non-negotiable
kiwifarms.net
You know, I find it somewhat ironic we have anti-SJW's getting pissy over the Wolf games, while SJW's are pissy over Doom Eternal for making fun of 'em.
Can you really blame people who don’t want to play a game where their political affiliation (in this case anyone right of Mao) is demonized? Why would I put up with that shit just for an average shooter? The recent Wolf games are made by leftists for leftists, I don’t exactly think that’s a stretch when you look at the writing and the way the games are worshiped by spergs like Jim.

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
Can you really blame people who don’t want to play a game where their political affiliation (in this case anyone right of Mao) is demonized? Why would I put up with that shit just for an average shooter? The recent Wolf games are made by leftists for leftists, I don’t exactly think that’s a stretch when you look at the writing and the way the games are worshiped by spergs like Jim.
Meh, for me to take Wolf's writing seriously it would really need to try. Suffice to say, the writing is about as serious as a Steven Seagal or Chuck Norris movie so I'd say one gets more entertainment watching either group of spergs either be offended by something or praise it when it offends the other side, while the average schmo just plays the game not even caring why these spergs are pissing about.

Suck the Cock

kiwifarms.net
That's what we're here for.
Can you really blame people who don’t want to play a game where their political affiliation (in this case anyone right of Mao) is demonized?
Yes.

Latest video is one I can't help but find myself agreeing with. Fuck companies who put in microtransactions after launch

Edit - apart from the bit at the end. No one is angry you play as women in Youngblood, they're angry because you play as obnoxiously unlikeable women in Youngblood.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Sir Wesley Tailpipe

AsbestosFlaygon

Dead to all deafs.
kiwifarms.net
Latest video is one I can't help but find myself agreeing with. Fuck companies who put in microtransactions after launch
There's a lot of opinions that most of us could agree with Jim on, that isn't the problem.
Edit - apart from the bit at the end. No one is angry you play as women in Youngblood, they're angry because you play as obnoxiously unlikeable women in Youngblood.
This is, he'll use issues that everyone can agree with him on to try boost his ego and push his more controversial takes.

Huh, and now the video's unavailable. How peculiar.
Funnily enough I was going to notify you on that, but that's unnecessary now it seems. Anyway, I wonder why the fuck he removed his video, it's not like it was that controversial, and not like he would remove it even if it was, did he get some bit of info wrong in that video?

• Agree
Reactions: Judge Dredd

Burning Fanatic

Lvl. 12 Necroposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's a lot of opinions that most of us could agree with Jim on, that isn't the problem.

This is, he'll use issues that everyone can agree with him on to try boost his ego and push his more controversial takes.

Funnily enough I was going to notify you on that, but that's unnecessary now it seems. Anyway, I wonder why the fuck he removed his video, it's not like it was that controversial, and not like he would remove it even if it was, did he get some bit of info wrong in that video?
Maybe received thinly-veiled threats from the indie devs wanting to sue. That, or they went after Jim for not being on their side and he reconsidered. Honestly, I see no other reason to take the whole thing down when it's pretty straightforward with how shitty these devs have been acting to their legitimate supporters.

Burning Fanatic

Lvl. 12 Necroposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Always remember to archive, kids.
Typically I do, but mainly for more significant stuff. This specific video really isn't that special compared to Yong Yea's:
And before you complain about this one not being archived, I did download it, yet the file was too large to upload.

Speaking of YY, unlike Sterling, he made a follow up video.

Catgirl IRL

kiwifarms.net
In other words all the major publications are now coming out in support of Epic because of gibleygoiter harassment so he must conform and bend the knee also.

• Informative
Reactions: Judge Dredd

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino