Careercow Jim Sterling (James Stanton/Sexton) & in memoriam TotalBiscuit (John Bain) - One Gaming Lolcow Thread

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
So twee indie shit with pretentious devs that sold out at the first opportunity?

I typed the following joke: "Did the blog post about how gamers are entitled toxic garbage drop yet or is that later?" but before hitting "post reply" I learned that it already dropped. Did no-one learn anything from Sunset?
Learn from it? Wouldn't shock me if now the pretentious indie fucks are gonna double down on this shit.

Orange//Net

Offically doxxed by the Antifa Furry Army
kiwifarms.net
Do we really have to start archiving Jim Sterling's shit now? Ok...
Archive
I feel I'm maybe a bit nicer to Jim Sterling than most other people here. But fucking hell, this guy goes around and around in rhetorical loops of hell. This video should have been 5 minutes long. Not 16. I sometimes miss the 10 minute upload time on youtube, discourages bullshit like this.
Tweets Associated With the Video:

TheWatchfulFurfag

Hovers over the e-highway of autism
kiwifarms.net
The beautiful thing is his response proves Narwitz right. If an actual company did that he'd make another ten videos repeating himself over and over again and blaming Capitalism. He and his clique simply refuse to hold her to account. They can't even speak of the many flaws of Zoe Quinn, who has a well documented history of incompetence and fucking people over.

Jim has no spine. He's the chimp who singles out the terrible low hanging fruit and then claims to the world that he protects every monkey from bad fruit, When plenty more bad fruit exists higher up the tree.

sophnar0747

Sophia Narwitz
kiwifarms.net
The beautiful thing is his response proves Narwitz right. If an actual company did that he'd make another ten videos repeating himself over and over again and blaming Capitalism. He and his clique simply refuse to hold her to account. They can't even speak of the many flaws of Zoe Quinn, who has a well documented history of incompetence and fucking people over.

Jim has no spine. He's the chimp who singles out the terrible low hanging fruit and then claims to the world that he protects every monkey from bad fruit, When plenty more bad fruit exists higher up the tree.
He proved a huge chunk of my Zoe expose correct with his series of tweets. 4 or 5 major stories since last August, and each one has yet to show a flaw. I'm on a roll. It's almost like I do a lot of research and I reach out to sources before I put my name to something. lol

CricketyCrikes

kiwifarms.net
"Loot Boxes are a conspiracy to keep the lower class under the thumb of the bourgeois!"

Or....maybe it's just another way for game companies to squeeze money out of gamers? It's not that deep, fam.
Capitalism is an invention of the rich and powerful to opress the poor gaming class. We must rise up gamers and seize the means of game development!

Apteryx Owenii

formerly a jerkop, wants to avoid merge
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
While i agree Jim is very slowly going down the rabbit hole i don't think he is in that deep...yet.
If you watch one of Sterling's videos, I would agree. But when you watch any more than that it becomes ridiculous pretty quickly because he has literally nothing new to say about anything. At least he used to review games which could be useful information for a consumer. Now it's just: capitalism, bad. Lootboxes, bad. And none of it is useful to anyone.

The only amusing part is that he acts as though he's relevant. When some government agency 'investigates' lootboxes he starts crowing about how he warned us all this would happen and if only the massive entertainment companies had only listened to him this wouldn't have happened! Then the governments say lootboxes aren't gambling and nothing changes.

I still think this goes back to when Steam invited him to some conference and it gave him a case of swollen head that he's never recovered from.

Looney Troons

DRINK?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I haven’t watched any of Jim’s videos in several months, probably since I last wrote here. I decided to go through my YouTube subscriptions and found that Monday’s Jimqusition is the same exact video he posted months ago, just titled differently. I decided to go to his channel and Monday’s video is the same as shit he uploaded two years ago.

I used to think he had a point about some of this loot box shit, but if you have to preach the same exact subject matter over and over without having any new data or revelations - it’s time to give it up. I don’t fuck with loot boxes, but yeah, I understand how they’re profitable. I also understand how they exploit people. Every console and computer is equipped with parental controls so that your kid isn’t able to drain your bank account (unless they’re super crafty) - that shit is honestly negligence on the parents.

What’s odd to me is that his viewerbase continues to grow as he pumps out less and less content. He doesn’t even do shitty game playthroughs in regular intervals anymore, and there are thousands of those just waiting to be torn into. The Jimquisiton videos are laser focused on a single point and withstand only to beat this point into the head of anyone simple-minded enough to allow it.

Thank goodness Jim has never seen the Chinese/Japanese app stores where almost every single game is just glorified unboxing, fat ass would have a heart attack.

CricketyCrikes

kiwifarms.net
If you watch one of Sterling's videos, I would agree. But when you watch any more than that it becomes ridiculous pretty quickly because he has literally nothing new to say about anything. At least he used to review games which could be useful information for a consumer. Now it's just: capitalism, bad. Lootboxes, bad. And none of it is useful to anyone.

The only amusing part is that he acts as though he's relevant. When some government agency 'investigates' lootboxes he starts crowing about how he warned us all this would happen and if only the massive entertainment companies had only listened to him this wouldn't have happened! Then the governments say lootboxes aren't gambling and nothing changes.

I still think this goes back to when Steam invited him to some conference and it gave him a case of swollen head that he's never recovered from.
I watched his videos on early access games mostly until i eventually stopped watching those too. His takes on games are...pretty pedestrian i would say from the ones i've watched.

Judge Dredd

Senior Layout Artist
kiwifarms.net
I haven’t watched any of Jim’s videos in several months, probably since I last wrote here. I decided to go through my YouTube subscriptions and found that Monday’s Jimqusition is the same exact video he posted months ago, just titled differently. I decided to go to his channel and Monday’s video is the same as shit he uploaded two years ago.

I used to think he had a point about some of this loot box shit, but if you have to preach the same exact subject matter over and over without having any new data or revelations - it’s time to give it up. I don’t fuck with loot boxes, but yeah, I understand how they’re profitable. I also understand how they exploit people. Every console and computer is equipped with parental controls so that your kid isn’t able to drain your bank account (unless they’re super crafty) - that shit is honestly negligence on the parents.

What’s odd to me is that his viewerbase continues to grow as he pumps out less and less content. He doesn’t even do shitty game playthroughs in regular intervals anymore, and there are thousands of those just waiting to be torn into. The Jimquisiton videos are laser focused on a single point and withstand only to beat this point into the head of anyone simple-minded enough to allow it.

Thank goodness Jim has never seen the Chinese/Japanese app stores where almost every single game is just glorified unboxing, fat ass would have a heart attack.
At least when moviebob has nothing to talk about he will do videos about some weird film he read about on wikipedia.

As for his viewerbase growing, I think that his old subs aren't watching any more, and his new subs are just the people who want to grind the loot box axe and breadtude who just want to be told how bad capitalism is.

RLS0812

Worthless Garbage
kiwifarms.net
I wonder when the Ex-British guy is going to realize that American privet-sector unions are not very good, and are often times corrupted as # ?
Jesus F Christ he won't stop talking about unionizing game devs, while ignoring every other profession that has to work over 40 hours/week.

He's a self proclaimed work-a-holic because === he recycles talking points, and hires others to do all the video editing for him. Only manages to get over $12,000 a month from his fans.

• Agree
Reactions: IAmNotAlpharius

Apteryx Owenii

formerly a jerkop, wants to avoid merge
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I saw that LKD was off the podcast this past week so I gave it a listen (that voice is unbearable). Sterling notes that the youtube metrics for his latest videos have been in the toilet. One might wonder if he will stop doing the same video again and again (with slightly different beats) if it continues. Then again, he has his patreon...

...although it's been on a slight (but noticible) decline for months.
1566218095627.png

Maybe he should try to get sued again.

TheWatchfulFurfag

Hovers over the e-highway of autism
kiwifarms.net
I saw that LKD was off the podcast this past week so I gave it a listen (that voice is unbearable). Sterling notes that the youtube metrics for his latest videos have been in the toilet. One might wonder if he will stop doing the same video again and again (with slightly different beats) if it continues. Then again, he has his patreon...

...although it's been on a slight (but noticible) decline for months.
View attachment 897904
Maybe he should try to get sued again.
I think people just got tired of watching the same video Jim made 9 months ago (and repeatedly month after month).

>me right
>lootboxes gambling
>lootboxes bad
>capitalism bad
>the same few image macros
(Including the pink guy who happens to have a hooked nose whenever he talks about greedy money grubbers.)