Careercow Jim Sterling (James Stanton/Sexton) & in memoriam TotalBiscuit (John Bain) - One Gaming Lolcow Thread

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net
The fuck is Ooblets and what does it bring to the table?
It's apparently Animal Crossing with some dancing, in an indie "Adventure-Time™" Cal Arts style. They were a slow husband-and-wife development team that have taken years to develop something simpler and slower than Evaxephon/Yanderedev. Everything was fine because the patrons were getting what they expected, small updates to a demo that often added fluff instead of core features, and bugs every step of the way. Then Tim Sweeny swooped in to fund it, which drastically changed the dynamic between patrons and customers. Mainly some of the foreign supporters claimed they were upset because they had been funding development, and now cannot buy the game from the Epic Games Store because they suck shit compared to Steam and can't support their country/currency. The Ooblets devs could have smoothed things over by offering free keys or an expected date of dropping exclusivity to please these outlier fans, but instead gave them a big "fuck you, we have Epic money now" in a few responses. That's the big takeaway, they have no interest in pleasing anyone with any grievance, large or small. They're fragile, defensive and public embarrassing themselves online. And apparently once they got their Epic money, they relocated to Portland to continue development, which is a huge waste of money and a lack of talent. They sold out & just retreated to libtard heaven.

Judge Dredd

kiwifarms.net
It's apparently Animal Crossing with some dancing, in an indie "Adventure-Time™" Cal Arts style. They were a slow husband-and-wife development team that have taken years to develop something simpler and slower than Evaxephon/Yanderedev. Everything was fine because the patrons were getting what they expected, small updates to a demo that often added fluff instead of core features, and bugs every step of the way. Then Tim Sweeny swooped in to fund it, which drastically changed the dynamic between patrons and customers. Mainly some of the foreign supporters claimed they were upset because they had been funding development, and now cannot buy the game from the Epic Games Store because they suck shit compared to Steam and can't support their country/currency. The Ooblets devs could have smoothed things over by offering free keys or an expected date of dropping exclusivity to please these outlier fans, but instead gave them a big "fuck you, we have Epic money now" in a few responses. That's the big takeaway, they have no interest in pleasing anyone with any grievance, large or small. They're fragile, defensive and public embarrassing themselves online. And apparently once they got their Epic money, they relocated to Portland to continue development, which is a huge waste of money and a lack of talent. They sold out & just retreated to libtard heaven.
So twee indie shit with pretentious devs that sold out at the first opportunity?

I typed the following joke: "Did the blog post about how gamers are entitled toxic garbage drop yet or is that later?" but before hitting "post reply" I learned that it already dropped. Did no-one learn anything from Sunset?

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
So twee indie shit with pretentious devs that sold out at the first opportunity?

I typed the following joke: "Did the blog post about how gamers are entitled toxic garbage drop yet or is that later?" but before hitting "post reply" I learned that it already dropped. Did no-one learn anything from Sunset?
Learn from it? Wouldn't shock me if now the pretentious indie fucks are gonna double down on this shit.

Orange//Net

kiwifarms.net
Do we really have to start archiving Jim Sterling's shit now? Ok...
Archive
I feel I'm maybe a bit nicer to Jim Sterling than most other people here. But fucking hell, this guy goes around and around in rhetorical loops of hell. This video should have been 5 minutes long. Not 16. I sometimes miss the 10 minute upload time on youtube, discourages bullshit like this.
Tweets Associated With the Video:

TheWatchfulFurfag

Hovers over the e-highway of autism
kiwifarms.net
The beautiful thing is his response proves Narwitz right. If an actual company did that he'd make another ten videos repeating himself over and over again and blaming Capitalism. He and his clique simply refuse to hold her to account. They can't even speak of the many flaws of Zoe Quinn, who has a well documented history of incompetence and fucking people over.

Jim has no spine. He's the chimp who singles out the terrible low hanging fruit and then claims to the world that he protects every monkey from bad fruit, When plenty more bad fruit exists higher up the tree.

sophnar0747

Sophia Narwitz
kiwifarms.net
The beautiful thing is his response proves Narwitz right. If an actual company did that he'd make another ten videos repeating himself over and over again and blaming Capitalism. He and his clique simply refuse to hold her to account. They can't even speak of the many flaws of Zoe Quinn, who has a well documented history of incompetence and fucking people over.

Jim has no spine. He's the chimp who singles out the terrible low hanging fruit and then claims to the world that he protects every monkey from bad fruit, When plenty more bad fruit exists higher up the tree.
He proved a huge chunk of my Zoe expose correct with his series of tweets. 4 or 5 major stories since last August, and each one has yet to show a flaw. I'm on a roll. It's almost like I do a lot of research and I reach out to sources before I put my name to something. lol

Blue Jerkop

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
While i agree Jim is very slowly going down the rabbit hole i don't think he is in that deep...yet.
If you watch one of Sterling's videos, I would agree. But when you watch any more than that it becomes ridiculous pretty quickly because he has literally nothing new to say about anything. At least he used to review games which could be useful information for a consumer. Now it's just: capitalism, bad. Lootboxes, bad. And none of it is useful to anyone.

The only amusing part is that he acts as though he's relevant. When some government agency 'investigates' lootboxes he starts crowing about how he warned us all this would happen and if only the massive entertainment companies had only listened to him this wouldn't have happened! Then the governments say lootboxes aren't gambling and nothing changes.

I still think this goes back to when Steam invited him to some conference and it gave him a case of swollen head that he's never recovered from.

Looney Troons

Certified Ethical Troon-Hater
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I haven’t watched any of Jim’s videos in several months, probably since I last wrote here. I decided to go through my YouTube subscriptions and found that Monday’s Jimqusition is the same exact video he posted months ago, just titled differently. I decided to go to his channel and Monday’s video is the same as shit he uploaded two years ago.

I used to think he had a point about some of this loot box shit, but if you have to preach the same exact subject matter over and over without having any new data or revelations - it’s time to give it up. I don’t fuck with loot boxes, but yeah, I understand how they’re profitable. I also understand how they exploit people. Every console and computer is equipped with parental controls so that your kid isn’t able to drain your bank account (unless they’re super crafty) - that shit is honestly negligence on the parents.

What’s odd to me is that his viewerbase continues to grow as he pumps out less and less content. He doesn’t even do shitty game playthroughs in regular intervals anymore, and there are thousands of those just waiting to be torn into. The Jimquisiton videos are laser focused on a single point and withstand only to beat this point into the head of anyone simple-minded enough to allow it.

Thank goodness Jim has never seen the Chinese/Japanese app stores where almost every single game is just glorified unboxing, fat ass would have a heart attack.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino