Careercow Jim Sterling (James Stanton/Sexton) & in memoriam TotalBiscuit (John Bain) - One Gaming Lolcow Thread

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Maybe Jim's shitty wrestling career will give him a head injury strong enough to make him think "what the fuck am I doing with my life"
It took me ages to learn that he actually wrestled as a side hobby and not some one-off event he kept bringing up that I didn't pay attention to. You may as well start a betting pool about when we'll see his inevitable tweet about being hospitalised. Even fit pros fuck themselves up regularly in wrestling and I'm sure Jim has the technical skills of a gelatinous cube.

Unions, in an industry where entire teams that create AAA games get laid off after the game ships, because there are always a slew of younger, talented developers fresh out of university who would do anything to get a foot in the door in the illustrious video game industry.
Man the "Union" could make bank and do absolutely nothing. Set the Dues paid every week really low, but make the amount of Dues paid to actually enter really high so that nobody can actually join before they get canned..get free money from having to do absolutely nothing.

And yes, this is a thing that happened to me in a Factory Job, I worked for 6 months, paid 200 dollars a month in dues to "join the union" and when I got laid off and never called back the union said "We aren't doing shit, you only paid the 1,200 dollars of 2,000 dollars needed to actually join the union."

And no. I didn't get a refund for that 1,200 dollars.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
On today's episode of Angry Fat vs. Entertainment, Jim doesn't shoot fish in a barrel!

Because he's anti-gun, so he slashes at fish in a barrel with his flea market katana.

Jim's mad at Activision Blizzard's president for giving corporate apologies over Warcraft 3 Reforged. When did that mess start?

Oh yeah. January 29th. Nearly three weeks ago. Jim covered everything you've already heard about from other YouTubers, other gaming news places, the very thread here on KF, everything from the abysmal Metacritic rating (0.5 in user scores) to that whole creepy thing where Blizzard fully claims ownership on everything you make within WC3R, down to even claiming attribution by way of "moral rights" - as in, you can't even claim credit for your own work. If Icyfrog made DOTA within WC3R, Blizzard would not just claim it as their own, but pretend Icyfrog had nothing to do with it.

The entire episode's interspersed with his wrestling videos, which look like a really fat kid in a completely out-of-place costume is antagonizing a couple of wrestlers while they're trying to do their job. Near the end, he even incorporates his "Thank God for Me!" catchphrase into his wrestling ego. Null's gonna cringe so hard he's gonna have a cramp for days.

Jim's been doing this thing for the last few Jimquisitions with some facial animation software where he makes these weird, uncanny valley scenes where someone speaks and it's offputting. This week's isn't nearly as bad as the ones from past episodes, but it's still unpleasant to watch. Like, I get it, that's the joke, but still. Stop making me look away from my TV set, Jim. We already have to look at your new outfit, you don't have'ta do this to us. Please?

So that's it, tune in next week to hear more about lootboxes or whatever old gaming news he's recycling from a month ago.

Last edited:

Trigger Me Timbers

Reformed Kekistani
kiwifarms.net
I think the most interesting thing in his new video is the opener where he says he's now living in Phily.

Well thats a shame. I liked a turbo sjw turbo autist who was rubbing shoulders with the "evil alt-reichers" in that poor mans wrestling thing. I had the slightest hope that he would grow his social circle outside of trannies and commies. Now however he's in a big east coast city, sipping sugar filled soy decaf lattes and going to the trans-fem-berine art show.

He's gonna get worse. Did he take his and whale with him and his wifes son? Did he move schools?

• Informative
Reactions: millais

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think the most interesting thing in his new video is the opener where he says he's now living in Phily.

Well thats a shame. I liked a turbo sjw turbo autist who was rubbing shoulders with the "evil alt-reichers" in that poor mans wrestling thing. I had the slightest hope that he would grow his social circle outside of trannies and commies. Now however he's in a big east coast city, sipping sugar filled soy decaf lattes and going to the trans-fem-berine art show.

He's gonna get worse. Did he take his and whale with him and his wifes son? Did he move schools?
Credit where credit's due, The Jimquisition really didn't suffer much from the 2016 election, unlike so many other woke channels and communities. Which is kind of amazing, considering how hard left Jim is. I guess living in Brandon, MO let him see that your average right winger is pretty nice and not constantly looking to suck the blood of black babies. Like, even the Jimquistion after 11/8/16 was a normal episode with a little pithy "America is fucked, innit?" at the end. Yeah, it's dumb, but a hell of a lot better than the deafening psychotic episode everyone else seemed to go through. Though I guess Jim does his lip service to his gal pals and his "gal" pals all on Twitter.

But now that he's in Pittsburgh, he'll get to hang out with more grotesque monsters other than his wife in person, so I can see The Jimquisition starting to swirl down the drain come Spring, accelerate throughout the Summer, and go whole-hog screeching by Autumn. Bonus points if Jim directly tells his audience to vote for whomever the Democrats nominate to go up against President Trump.

CynicalVenezuelanDouche

Be prepared, the worst is yet to fucking come.
kiwifarms.net
I honestly don't really see the appeal in Jim in the recent years. At most I've heard about the Digital Homicide saga through Frederik and that's it. You may disagree with me here but I enjoy at least that he's shitting this hard on Blizzard considering their recent disappointments and the fact they can get away with it, but the rest seems extremely repetitive. It's like he read a 3 garfield panel comic and thought that's the kind of content he should make. This entire lootbox shit I get it hurts the industry hard but he just won't shut the fuck up about it and most of his videos are lootbox this lootbox that.

Apteryx Owenii

formerly a jerkop, wants to avoid merge
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Credit where credit's due, The Jimquisition really didn't suffer much from the 2016 election, unlike so many other woke channels and communities. Which is kind of amazing, considering how hard left Jim is. I guess living in Brandon, MO let him see that your average right winger is pretty nice and not constantly looking to suck the blood of black babies. Like, even the Jimquistion after 11/8/16 was a normal episode with a little pithy "America is fucked, innit?" at the end. Yeah, it's dumb, but a hell of a lot better than the deafening psychotic episode everyone else seemed to go through. Though I guess Jim does his lip service to his gal pals and his "gal" pals all on Twitter.

But now that he's in Pittsburgh, he'll get to hang out with more grotesque monsters other than his wife in person, so I can see The Jimquisition starting to swirl down the drain come Spring, accelerate throughout the Summer, and go whole-hog screeching by Autumn. Bonus points if Jim directly tells his audience to vote for whomever the Democrats nominate to go up against President Trump.
I think he tried to keep the Jimquisition somewhat apart from partisan politics but I don't think his living in MO actually gave him much more of a positive view of republicans than he would have got anywhere else. A lot of his other media (podcasts, etc) made it pretty clear what a hellhole he considered it. Just maybe he looks on the people there as stupid instead of evil.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think he tried to keep the Jimquisition somewhat apart from partisan politics but I don't think his living in MO actually gave him much more of a positive view of republicans than he would have got anywhere else. A lot of his other media (podcasts, etc) made it pretty clear what a hellhole he considered it. Just maybe he looks on the people there as stupid instead of evil.
That makes sense. He never did say anything nice about it on Jimquisition, from what I remember. Though I never listen to anything he does outside of his YouTube channel, it's not like you exactly have to seek out left-week screeching on any given subject.
I honestly don't really see the appeal in Jim in the recent years. At most I've heard about the Digital Homicide saga through Frederik and that's it. You may disagree with me here but I enjoy at least that he's shitting this hard on Blizzard considering their recent disappointments and the fact they can get away with it, but the rest seems extremely repetitive. It's like he read a 3 garfield panel comic and thought that's the kind of content he should make. This entire lootbox shit I get it hurts the industry hard but he just won't shut the fuck up about it and most of his videos are lootbox this lootbox that.
Yeah, he's pretty good at shitting on companies when they're in the doghouse, though it's painfully clear he's got fuck all for material most of the time. He really shined when Konami was shitting the bed with Silent Hills' cancellation, trying to downplay MGS5, and announcing they were to quit making console games (despite Pro Evolution Soccer continuing without a hitch, and how they've released Metal Gear Survive and Contra: Rogue Corps since).

But I guess cycling through the same doom and gloom filler works for his audience. This week we're mad at Activision Blizzard; next week, EA; then lootboxes; then Ubisoft; then lootboxes again; then microtransactions; then Nintendo; then Activision again; then lootboxes; then EA; then Ubisoft; then lootboxes; and so on and so forth. Sprinkle in the random odd video about employees being overworked or Gamestop being bad, all while turning a blind eye to businesses like Apple who pull way worse shit and are way, way bigger and more influential than anything in gaming, because Tim Cook could be found red-handed owning a child rape dungeon, and the Twitter mob would say "well ackshually gr*nald g*umpf probably owns a super big child rape dungeon with pictures of hitler in heart-shaped frames so it's not actually that bad bigot"

• Agree
Reactions: MidUSA

OwO What's This?

𝑖𝑡'𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑝𝑜𝑟𝑛, ℎ𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑡
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
1582567918056.png
the wig and glasses almost make you think his head has normal proportions if you don't look too hard at it

edit: oh and jim sterling posted a new video about ninja and there's not a lot to get mad at really, I liked it

edit2: actually the billy mitchel part was a bit poorly researched, there's evidence that shows maybe ALL of billy's records were fraudulent, but doesn't really matter that much anyway

Last edited:

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
On today's episode of Jimquisition, an obese middle aged Jim dresses up in two different attention-whoring outfits while getting mad that a streamer in his late 20s has opinions about video games.

It's a hard episode to watch because Jim keeps doing these cut-ins where he's wearing a crazy wig and big sunglasses and talking about things like Gamestop to an audience of children that would be too young to know.

View attachment 1159556
the wig and glasses almost make you think his head has normal proportions if you don't look too hard at it
We get it, Jim, you're passive aggressively upset that those darn kids are more popular than you are. Gee, who woulda thunk that being ultra politically correct doesn't attract the zoomer crowd, but instead a bunch of broken-brained 30-something catladies and soyboys?

The meat of the episode is that Ninja said something about how people who dont get angry when they lose "lose twice", which is sort of dumb since every time you play you do get a little bit better, you keep building muscle memory and learn something new, so the only way to really truly lose is to give up for good. Jim didn't say that, though. I did. Jim just focused on the "anger" aspect, taking it literally while retreading that "you don't need to necessarily win to enjoy video games" point from a while ago. Like, uh, yeah, I think most people agree. That's why Animal Crossing is so popular. That's why The Sims is so popular. You can get competitive in those games, but they're so very not built for it that you're a buffoon if you try. (though I'll admit, that glitchy Animal Crossing speedrun was pretty amusing)

There's something else to be said about the sheer frustration of competitive gaming, which could lead to some really unhealthy playing habits and mental health issues, affecting one's self esteem and personal life, along with peer pressure from others you play with. I've personally seen some seriously bad toxicity in gaming communities, where some players treat others like shit for just not being as high ranked as they are. This is beyond the usual "git gud" teasing, I'm talking "if you aren't past this threshold, fuck you personally." Haven't there even been deaths from people at cybercafes after they put like 40 straight hours into StarCraft? Yeah, there have been, and many more than one. But Jim didn't mention that either.

Man, this episode is just whining. Nineteen minutes of thinly veiled passive aggressive whining. That's called growing up, Jim, and I don't see Ninja making angry videos about Justin Bieber because that kid's younger, wealthier, and more famous than he is. And on the other side of the coin, I don't have a Patreon that makes me over a hundred thousand dollars a year to regurgitate the same few talking points weekly. That's a fucking siiiiick gig that most people would kill for. Count your blessings, Jim.

Wait, it's current year +5. Check your privilege, Jim.

edit2: actually the billy mitchel part was a bit poorly researched, there's evidence that shows maybe ALL of billy's records were fraudulent, but doesn't really matter that much anyway
I met Billy Mitchell once, he seemed like a good guy. I got the impression that he's more of a showman than anything. I think he just liked his time in the limelight and playing a villain in a movie, and didn't actually take his pro gamer reputation that seriously.

Last edited:

OwO What's This?

𝑖𝑡'𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑝𝑜𝑟𝑛, ℎ𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑡
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I liked his observation that anger can help get you to be the best, but once you get there, it won't keep you there because it'll essentially be sated and you'll lose your drive

also I clearly underestimated your ability to get angry about jim sterling, maybe one day you'll even be the best at it

Reactions: Toxinophile

Penne Dreadful

Unnaturally Pulpy
kiwifarms.net
On today's episode of Jimquisition, an obese middle aged Jim dresses up in two different attention-whoring outfits while getting mad that a streamer in his late 20s has opinions about video games.

It's a hard episode to watch because Jim keeps doing these cut-ins where he's wearing a crazy wig and big sunglasses and talking about things like Gamestop to an audience of children that would be too young to know.

We get it, Jim, you're passive aggressively upset that those darn kids are more popular than you are. Gee, who woulda thunk that being ultra politically correct doesn't attract the zoomer crowd, but instead a bunch of broken-brained 30-something catladies and soyboys?

The meat of the episode is that Ninja said something about how people who dont get angry when they lose "lose twice", which is sort of dumb since every time you play you do get a little bit better, you keep building muscle memory and learn something new, so the only way to really truly lose is to give up for good. Jim didn't say that, though. I did. Jim just focused on the "anger" aspect, taking it literally while retreading that "you don't need to necessarily win to enjoy video games" point from a while ago. Like, uh, yeah, I think most people agree. That's why Animal Crossing is so popular. That's why The Sims is so popular. You can get competitive in those games, but they're so very not built for it that you're a buffoon if you try. (though I'll admit, that glitchy Animal Crossing speedrun was pretty amusing)

There's something else to be said about the sheer frustration of competitive gaming, which could lead to some really unhealthy playing habits and mental health issues, affecting one's self esteem and personal life, along with peer pressure from others you play with. I've personally seen some seriously bad toxicity in gaming communities, where some players treat others like shit for just not being as high ranked as they are. This is beyond the usual "git gud" teasing, I'm talking "if you aren't past this threshold, fuck you personally." Haven't there even been deaths from people at cybercafes after they put like 40 straight hours into StarCraft? Yeah, there have been, and many more than one. But Jim didn't mention that either.

Man, this episode is just whining. Nineteen minutes of thinly veiled passive aggressive whining. That's called growing up, Jim, and I don't see Ninja making angry videos about Justin Bieber because that kid's younger, wealthier, and more famous than he is. And on the other side of the coin, I don't have a Patreon that makes me over a hundred thousand dollars a year to regurgitate the same few talking points weekly. That's a fucking siiiiick gig that most people would kill for. Count your blessings, Jim.

Wait, it's current year +5. Check your privilege, Jim.

I met Billy Mitchell once, he seemed like a good guy. I got the impression that he's more of a showman than anything. I think he just liked his time in the limelight and playing a villain in a movie, and didn't actually take his pro gamer reputation that seriously.
This video does give us some insight into Jim's research process. At 13:57, he mentions lolcow Ohmwrecker, but he shows a picture of someone else entirely, the Binding of Isaac Youtuber Northernlion. Why? I can only assume that it's because the picture is the second result for an image search of "Ohmwrecker" in both Google and DuckDuckGo, despite being labelled otherwise. It seems that when Jim can't simply regurgitate content or make one of his awful skits, he can't even be bothered to read the titles of the images he inserts and just picks the first thing he can find, accuracy be damned.

Apteryx Owenii

formerly a jerkop, wants to avoid merge
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Once again I'd find his videos much more enjoyable without the stupid shit he feels the need to throw in to be 'ironic' or... whatever.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I liked his observation that anger can help get you to be the best, but once you get there, it won't keep you there because it'll essentially be sated and you'll lose your drive
Maybe it's different from person to person, but anger just gets me unfocused and makes me want to quit. If I get upset by someone or some game or whatever I'm doing, I just back out and vanish. Getting frustrated or even flustered is fine, but getting full-on upset just leads me to resent it. So then I just quit.
also I clearly underestimated your ability to get angry about jim sterling, maybe one day you'll even be the best at it
He's sort of my pet cow, I do ultimately like his show enough to watch it every week, though he does present a lot of things at a surface level that he should dive deeper into. Plus it gives me a lot to write about and I like writing, I have a fancy keyboard that feels good to type on and I think some people like my weekly summaries, so, I guess am the best at getting mad at Jim. Thank God for me.

Last edited:

OwO What's This?

𝑖𝑡'𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑝𝑜𝑟𝑛, ℎ𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑡
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Are you guys sure 2016 didn't effect him. Jimmy pussied out on his fascist gimmick because of that, rather than any actual fascism.
it's hard to fault that when he depends on his more liberal leaning audience for revenue, and I have to imagine he also had a significant backlog of silly hats he wanted to wear

• Agree
Reactions: Pissmaster

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Are you guys sure 2016 didn't effect him. Jimmy pussied out on his fascist gimmick because of that, rather than any actual fascism.
I just meant The Jimquisition didn't take a serious turn for the worse after 2016. I'm sure Jim was insufferable on everything else and got his derangement out on his podcasts and Twitter. And yeah, he did move away from the fascist gimmick, though the circus ringmaster thing was a clever way to shift out of it. I really liked the new intro that went with that, too.

Now it's just... lots of purple, and there's no central theme. He's not even rolling his wrestling schtick into the theme, he's instead just kind of abruptly throwing in clips of him in costume. It's just an indistinct mess that seems to have no other vision than to just be as inoffensive as possible.