Careercow Jim Sterling / James Stanton/Sexton & in memoriam TotalBiscuit (John Bain) - One Gaming Lolcow Thread

Trigger Me Timbers

Reformed Kekistani
I used to love Jim's videos back when there was nothing going on in the world and it felt appropriate to spend an afternoon binge watching videos on Youtube about video games (which I still do, the difference being it no longer feels appropriate)

Even after I got redpilled I continued watching and enjoying Jim's insightful criticism about video games and video game companies. I dare say, EVEN AFTER Jim started including gay wrestling shit in his videos, I still consoomed and found there to be plenty of escapist enjoyment about video games.

With this latest video, I am sad to say that I have been defeated and I give up attempting to enjoy Jim's content anymore. I was getting weary with the trans stuff and the casual mention of taking estrogen, but as long as he stayed in his lane and just talked about videogames I was fine ignoring that and pretending he wasn't wearing pink lipstick by minimizing the videos and listening to them. I didn't want to know anything about his personal life or his political views beyond how they directly affected his video game criticism that I enjoyed.

Josh talked in a recent MATI episode that he thinks it's clear that at this point Jim hates videogames and regrets making a career out of talking about them. I think the dispassion for his subject matter is now fully bared for all to see. He didn't even bother using videogames as a segue to talk about whatever political thing it is he actually gives a shit about this time around.

Probably this has been obvious to everyone for the last two years and I'm a blind sentimental faggot who was trying to hold on to my preconceived notions about an E-celeb I liked. I won't be watching any more of his videos except to marvel and gawk at the next stage in his tranny evolution whenever that comes around. Jim himself would definitely say good riddance and I'm tired of trying to find enjoyment in his content anyway
This is pretty much 💯my exact journey with Jim too, I am pretty good at removing the artist from the art but Jim has made that impossiblewith him bleeding his politics into every video.

He’s turned into a fundamentalist (insert religion here). He cannot enjoy anything that has a hint of original sin in it.
  • “Oh that company had a sexual misconduct complaint so I can’t play that”,
  • “this company has used crunch periods to make the game? Canceled”
  • “this company exists to make a profit, I’ll pass”
  • ”someone on the dev team has used the Poggers emote so he must be a nazi”
  • “they have a Trans character but the developer isn’t trans, I wish he would be beheaded by allah ZoeQuinn for this grave mistake

Jim has gotten so bad that I had to stop following on social media because I would be embarrassed if a IRL person saw my name anywhere near Jim.

Jim has fucked up, instead of treating his gravytrain as an opportunity to work on things that he is genuinely interested in and improve himself, he just wallowed away cooomsoooming and the only thing he showed any passion toward was amateur wrestling and twitter and that was only at the beginning for 2019z
Compare this to Yahtzee, who kept up his shtick but also in the same time has published books, made video games (and turned it into a pretty cool series) and even launched irl gaming venues.

Knyttet

Who will comfort me?
Does anyone have more information about Justin? At first I thought he was just Jim's editor (probably the cushiest job ever. I can't imagine he actually works more than a few hours a week). But then he started showing up more and more as a cameraman and I think Jim has implied numerous times that he and Justin are living together.

Is Justin Jim's boyfriend? How low does one's standards have to be to settle for Jim fucking Sterling??

Does anyone have more information about Justin? At first I thought he was just Jim's editor (probably the cushiest job ever. I can't imagine he actually works more than a few hours a week). But then he started showing up more and more as a cameraman and I think Jim has implied numerous times that he and Justin are living together.

Is Justin Jim's boyfriend? How low does one's standards have to be to settle for Jim fucking Sterling??

It sounds like you answered your own question, if they're a "thing". Even if they aren't...

Justin has a cushy gig (so does Jim) - probably doesn't have to work more than one day a week (either of them) and they probably clear $200,000/year, maybe even more with other revenue streams. We can't be sure of the split but even if Justin is making $50,000/year for working 1 day a week, that's a supremely good gig that I can see him holding on to by any means necessary.

Pizdec

Blin it is good.
True & Honest Fan
My favourite bit is when he admits to having never played Cyberpunk and rants about meta issues instead, despite the game being a gold mine for games criticism.
Gaming Journalist: TRANSPHOBIA BAD
Actual Gamer: Yeah but the combat is really meh
Gaming Journalist: What combat?

Probably this has been obvious to everyone for the last two years and I'm a blind sentimental faggot who was trying to hold on to my preconceived notions about an E-celeb I liked.
This was me regarding RoosterTeeth, and trying to get enjoyment out of it... until the founders left the podcast. Then I watched Nick's Ronversations (Regarding the Vic Case), and everything with Gen:LOCK. Then the "DFE our not PC content" happened, and the gloves were off.

The same reason one settles for the drunk who doesn't do anything: They don't feel they can do better, so why bother trying to change anything.

Last edited:
The latest Jimquisition video might be his worst one yet. Just pointless, nonsensical rambling about Pokémon merch, Drumpf and MAGA. I think the hormones are accelerating the deterioration of his mind. I fully expect him to become a full blown schizocow within five years.
Jim sterling is now praising corporations for censoring people and corporatizing the internet. Wow

I don't remember a video about rape, but I assume it's when you are exposed to a backstory/event where a character is raped, rather than doing da raping (since Jim will never confess to playing those type of games).

In general, every long form torture on an undeserving victim (which includes rape) will feel far harsher than the act of murdering the same victim (especially if the murder is quick and we don't see the personal consequences). With rape also having the (ironically very misogynistic ideas) that women are a weak victim in both mind and body, and that the act of rape will forever corrupt the woman. Without those ideas, rape is far better than anything involving mutilation.

I tend to put Rape under extreme acts of personal violation, I think our society has a lot of issues in how it treats rape so I kind of agree with you, jim correctly comments that rape like most acts of extreme violation is morally unjustifiable so just feels 'wrong' in a way killing doesnt.
Like I've said the man used to be a lot better.

I tend to put Rape under extreme acts of personal violation, I think our society has a lot of issues in how it treats rape so I kind of agree with you, jim correctly comments that rape like most acts of extreme violation is morally unjustifiable so just feels 'wrong' in a way killing doesnt.
Jim's content got less hyper focused when he became patron-funded. Sometimes having limitations brings out the best in your work.

Well you have to keep in mind, once dead, they're no longer able to suffer. As bad as the tragedy may be, they're not suffering. They can't. Rape is something that will stay with someone the rest of their lives and effect many years and many people around them, far beyond just their family and friends of the time.

Had

"fuck Had kick him" - PPP
Anyways, here's the newest Jimquisition about your typical video game stuff like discussing the Capitol attack and decrying capitalism.
Glad to see the sights back up because I wanted to see what people where saying about this video
I got about 1/3 into the video and heard almost nothing about games, I joked to myself about Jim doing a political Yt channel
but it seems that's what he's just doing now, games are not a window into politics just the opposite they are an excuse to talk about them
1610494093786.png

He’s turned into a fundamentalist (insert religion here). He cannot enjoy anything that has a hint of original sin in it.
  • “Oh that company had a sexual misconduct complaint so I can’t play that”,
  • Ect
Makes me wonder if people like this only want to see games like "Ikenfell" and other small indie games with gay/trans plots
Don't get me wrong I like a good indie but cutting yourself off from everything that's "mainstream" isn't hipster it's self isolation

Trigger Me Timbers

Reformed Kekistani
Makes me wonder if people like this only want to see games like "Ikenfell" and other small indie games with gay/trans plots
Don't get me wrong I like a good indie but cutting yourself off from everything that's "mainstream" isn't hipster it's self isolation

I was going to make a joke that “Jim would only play a game that was made by a disabled black Trans they/them lesbian for no money and was given away for free.”

The sad thing is, Jim wouldn’t even play that because even Jim knows that games are supposed to be entertaining and shit like that is normally not entertaining.
The best he would do is say “I’ve heard very good things about this game, however it doesn’t really seem like my thing but you should support the developer“

I was going to make a joke that “Jim would only play a game that was made by a disabled black Trans they/them lesbian for no money and was given away for free.”

The sad thing is, Jim wouldn’t even play that because even Jim knows that games are supposed to be entertaining and shit like that is normally not entertaining.
The best he would do is say “I’ve heard very good things about this game, however it doesn’t really seem like my thing but you should support the developer“
Which is terrible advice, I might add. Supporting developers producing games that aren't actually fun leads to these developers getting an unrealistic idea of what their capabilities are, and what resources they have available for achieving them. They hire on a team, flop, and now all those team members are left in the lurch after quitting their old job for this failed venture. While its a natural side of attempting to start any business, its worse when its accentuated by a manipulated market.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
I decided to check on Bain's Youtube account stats and if his ex doesn't do anything about not only will he drop below 2 million subs by April (the channel loses 10k subs a month), but videos will start to get removed. It's already losing hundreds of thousands of views on videos. That can only mean that videos are being removed or something similar. Like it's still getting hundreds of thousands of views a month so it offsets that a little, but she should be doing something to protect his legacy if she really loved the guy.

Quantum Diabetes

At least we'll have something to complain about
True & Honest Fan
This just looks like trans bait
It's superwoke..it was on a day one on Gamepass so I gave it a go.
I finished all but the most grindy achievement. It really made me want to replay the first Nes final fantasy which I did next.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Had

Coccxys

True & Honest Fan
I decided to check on Bain's Youtube account stats and if his ex doesn't do anything about not only will he drop below 2 million subs by April (the channel loses 10k subs a month), but videos will start to get removed. It's already losing hundreds of thousands of views on videos. That can only mean that videos are being removed or something similar. Like it's still getting hundreds of thousands of views a month so it offsets that a little, but she should be doing something to protect his legacy if she really loved the guy.
That's just shit nomatter how you look at it. I might need to spend a weekend archiving videos. His death did a number on her mentally.

AutoGuyNoFile

Autoguys...transition and troon out!
Don't forget that Jim has a wife...or a Wxfe? Xignificant Xther? What's the bullshit gender neutral term that "Mx" stands for? I probably shouldn't give them any ideas.

I say this because it's entirely plausible that Justin could be Jim's Wife's Boyfriend...or they're going "poly" which I'm SURE will work out JUST GREAT as that has never gone horrifically wrong ever! :biggrin:

Parklife

"It's pronounced PAS-ketti" - Mussolini,1946
True & Honest Fan
Don't forget that Jim has a wife...or a Wxfe? Xignificant Xther? What's the bullshit gender neutral term that "Mx" stands for? I probably shouldn't give them any ideas.

I say this because it's entirely plausible that Justin could be Jim's Wife's Boyfriend...or they're going "poly" which I'm SURE will work out JUST GREAT as that has never gone horrifically wrong ever! :biggrin:
I mentioned a fair few pages back that I think they’re no longer together. She doesn’t have a presence on any social media I can find, so it’s likely they have no online links to each other. Jim hasn’t mentioned her publicly in around 2 years, he’s seemingly moved away without his dog and step son also.

Probably a visa scam all along or like you said, some weird relationship dynamic where she gets Tyrone and he gets Justin.

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
Jim sterling is now praising corporations for censoring people and corporatizing the internet. Wow

I think the best part of his last video was not the corporate dick sucking, it was the intro where he claimed he wanted to sleep in the warm mouth of a Genghar. A pokemon that literally eats peoples brains and turns them into mindless automatons.

I think the irony is lost on Aunt Jimima here.

This is like asking a wife to honor the legacy of her dead husbands train collection. She never really understood the appeal but indulged his hobby. Now that he's gone she needs the basement back for other uses and the trains will either be sold or piled into a storage unit. Such is the nature of life and death.

Last edited:

Wingnut

WARNING: Tighten all bolts to the end
This is like asking a wife to honor the legacy of her dead husbands train collection. She never really understood the appeal but indulged his hobby. Now that he's gone she needs the basement back for other uses and the trains will either be sold or piled into a storage unit. Such is the nature of life and death.

Well, I'd argue it's different as she's not using the YouTube channel at all so she isn't "Needing the basement back" so to speak.

She should find some internet archival group to manage the channel and keep things preserved. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would be willing to do it for free, I've seen people who are super passionate about preserving archives of dead websites and outdated apps, a famous YouTuber's channel should be no different.