Careercow Jim Sterling / James Stanton/Sexton & in memoriam TotalBiscuit (John Bain) - One Gaming Lolcow Thread

TheBeanz

Heinz Meanz Beanz
kiwifarms.net
I think the best part of his last video was not the corporate dick sucking, it was the intro where he claimed he wanted to sleep in the warm mouth of a Genghar. A pokemon that literally eats peoples brains and turns them into mindless automatons.

I think the irony is lost on Aunt Jimima here.
Agreed, that part of the video honestly made me laugh.

The rest of it was a shitshow. Especially the point that was all 'Welcome to our world rightards we've been getting censored for way longer than you'.

It's a good way to spot any sort of retarded ideology, because they always think that they're being censored or put down by some nebulous authority somewhere, when in reality people hear their ideas and tell them to fuck off

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
I think at this point she doesn't see a reason to keep it up. Those videos made all the money they were going to years ago, she doesn't have anything to add and she's content with the life she has after his death. And considering that as soon as he died, she took over the podcast and retooled it to be something she liked instead of continuing it in the format everyone else liked, I don't think she's overly concerned with TB's legacy.
Should have found a better woman to marry.

Coccxys

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I mean the way he always told it was she was the one who convinced him to leave radio and start a youtube channel so dunno. She always owned the company that has the channel and all the IP and he was an employee. I think she just went off the deep end when he died which watching your husband die from cancer has to suck and would do a number on a lot of people.

BHWuser

kiwifarms.net
I mean the way he always told it was she was the one who convinced him to leave radio and start a youtube channel so dunno. She always owned the company that has the channel and all the IP and he was an employee. I think she just went off the deep end when he died which watching your husband die from cancer has to suck and would do a number on a lot of people.
But she still plays up him being dead for sympathy points on Twitter.

Coccxys

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sex workers are now vital service industry people and if you dislike only fans that's you're a strawman hypocrit (because Jim only knows how to do strawmen).
SmartSelect_20210118-104549_Brave.jpg
Mcdonalds staff are the real heroes everyone.

Fine art Jim style
SmartSelect_20210118-104401_Brave.jpg
Er7xrBFXAAIKACD.jpeg
OK then...

The UK is going after 6 gorillion trans people.
SmartSelect_20210118-104442_Brave.jpg

Jim commentating wrestling.
SmartSelect_20210118-104316_Brave.jpg
Didn't listen because why would I watch fully grown adults pretending to be wrestlers while Jim spergs about Trump and trannies?

Hope you enjoyed last week's "experimental" Jimquisition style because it's here to stay.
SmartSelect_20210118-104628_Brave.jpg
By "several topics" and "last week tonight vive" he means schitzophrenically jumping between capitalism bad, take more titty skittles and AAA gaming is evil. So less script writing or editing just sperg at a camera and call it a show.

Coccxys

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If it's a "fact" then he should be able to back it up with citations.
His feelings and the reeing of twitter troons is all the evidence that side will ever need. He keeps referring back to the high court case where a judge basically said maybe don't force hormones on kids that are too young to understand the consequences which anyone in their right mind agrees with.

Of course that includes ignoring the definition of genocide, since by the international court's own definitions you can't genocide troons.
SmartSelect_20210118-112454_Brave.jpg
In fact most of that description is the process through which one becomes a tranny.

Clem Fandango

Can you hear me?
kiwifarms.net
Sex workers are now vital service industry people and if you dislike only fans that's you're a strawman hypocrit (because Jim only knows how to do strawmen).
View attachment 1854340
Mcdonalds staff are the real heroes everyone.

Fine art Jim style
View attachment 1854342
View attachment 1854344
OK then...

The UK is going after 6 gorillion trans people.
View attachment 1854341

Jim commentating wrestling.
View attachment 1854343
Didn't listen because why would I watch fully grown adults pretending to be wrestlers while Jim spergs about Trump and trannies?

Hope you enjoyed last week's "experimental" Jimquisition style because it's here to stay.
View attachment 1854338
By "several topics" and "last week tonight vive" he means schitzophrenically jumping between capitalism bad, take more titty skittles and AAA gaming is evil. So less script writing or editing just sperg at a camera and call it a show.
Why the fuck would you aspire to have your show be anything like Last Week Tonight??

Cyber Bowling

kiwifarms.net
Why the fuck would you aspire to have your show be anything like Last Week Tonight??
Don't you see, Jim is being revolutionary. I've given him a lot of crap before about never changing his format and just putting out the same video, but I think he's really onto something and this is going to revolutionize the very concept of video making going forward. You see, just like John Oliver apparently came up with the concept of doing multiple segments in a show, Jim is going to cover multiple topics. In one video. I know, it sounds crazy, but he just might be onto something. I'm sure nobody can think of any other content creator that dared to shake things up by having multiple subjects in one video.

In all seriousness, I think it's pretty telling in all those tweets, he was happily discussing subjects that interest him, without ever touching on video games. As many others have pointed out, Jim hates games. I don't know why he keeps putting up the pretense of wanting to be a "game journalist". He should just switch into making politically themed videos about troon oppression and the evils of capitalism or whatever. I'm sure it wouldn't be long before he fell into the same cycle of repeating the same two or three talking points and recycling videos, but at least he might be motivated for the first couple. I'm not even sure if he'd lose many viewers. His loyalists will eat up whatever he puts out, and even the people that dislike his videos will probably keep hate watching. Hell, it might even give him a boost, since I bet he'd get more hate watchers.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So, this is funny, but I've noticed I still have Jimbo in my friends list on Steam, I have never once played with him or interacted with him in any way, but I assume he's no longer accepting requests from randos anymore and I did so far back enough that he did.

If you're wondering why I bothered it's because I think I tried friending all the Destructoid staff back when he was one of them, but now I'm wondering if I should try fucking with him somehow.

Even if I don't it's funny to think he has a guy like me in his friends list on there, if Jimbo only knew...

LightDragonman1

kiwifarms.net
Man, what led Sterling to become so bitter and hateful of video games? Was constantly covering the negative aspects of the industry with no breaks too much for him to handle, to the point that he could only think that it's nothing more than a complete hell hole?

Coccxys

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't know why he keeps putting up the pretense of wanting to be a "game journalist".
Remember when he used "garm jarnalizm" to describe his work to avoid being lumped in with game journalists because he disliked the game journalism sphere? That quickly got dropped during the autism apocalypse to "games journalists are an oppressed minority by those evil gamers".

His new "multiple topics" format is pretty clearly a way to avoid having to write and edit a tight script that sticks to a single topic (and beat the dead horse some more). It means he can just ramble whatever comes into his mind and say "done".