Careercow Jim Sterling / James Stanton/Sexton & in memoriam TotalBiscuit (John Bain) - One Gaming Lolcow Thread

Bland Crumbs

I don't endorse it. I just point the way.
kiwifarms.net
Original:
Archive (360p):
View attachment 1854641
This video was a lot.
Morbidly obese man with a complexion whiter than a geisha proceeds to take gluttonous swigs of a mystery liquid from a mass produced and branded water bottle before ranting for twenty-five minutes about how evil everyone who is not him is and claims capitalism is the problem as he lives a life of ease that allows him to indulge his every whim including the future hope of mutilating himself.

Glad he stays on YouTube as they horribly abuse him by not giving him more money to use their broadcasting technology free of charge. That is not to say I do not see the evils of YT's actions but when someone like Jim gets so indignant about their perceived slights at companies that allow their lifestyle to exist it does not exactly win me to their cause.

Yeshuash

Token Polish Guy
kiwifarms.net
Original:
Archive (360p):
View attachment 1854641
YouTube Talking Heads: We demand an apology!
CDPR gives apology and shows planed out time sheet of improvements and fixes.
YouTube Talking Heads: Fuck your apology capitalist swine!!!

PS. Not talking about the game itself. Just the angry and self rightious aproach of these video game... I dunno? Commentators?

robobobo

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, it's almost like our bodies make the various juices they make for an actual reason, and fucking with them to try to get horrible man tits is a bad idea that will lead to other consequences because current science doesn't understand half of what they all do. Whew, sorry for so much transphobia in a single sentence there, don't know what came over me.

Bananadana

kiwifarms.net
Original:
Archive (360p):
View attachment 1854641

At this point its just getting so tiring. Both these video game news videos in general and especially Jims not-quite-late-night show.

I played 2077, and yeah its rather unpolished. But to constantly bloat every time the game is mentioned somewhere with "Muh epilepsy" "Muh crunch" and whatnot is just boring.
Like the world needs 5-10 videos from every single vidyagaems e-celebrity repeating EXACTLY THE SAME POINTS over and over and over again.

This whole "muh crunch" topic that seems to be a journo evergreen is just being blown out of proportion by leeches like Jimmeyboy and Schreier that want to push their funny union idea so they can suck even more money out of an industry they don't contribute anything to. Part of me even wishes they succeed, because that would instantly mean the end of western game dev studios (or at least the jobs over here). These retards for some reason forget that unlike truckers, your average gamedev/artist can be replaced by literally anyone on this planet with internet, their skills (not that hard) and lower costs of living.

And the entire rest is just "REEEEEEEEEEEE HOW DARE PEOPLE NOT SUBMIT TO THE FAR LEFT" with a sprinkle of actual news.
Without the political sperging, this would be a 5 minute video.

Almost a shame really, because back when Steam still had their Greenlight program, his stuff was actually watchable if i recall correctly.
The RL skits were short and not completely batshit insane, and he actually spent almost the entire video talking about games. Even making pretty valid points and whatnot.

Today, that video would be 20+ minutes, mention every single time a Ubisoft employee said the n-word and drift off into random political rants.
Hell, just look at how he looked back then. You can track the progression of his insanity with the amount of shit on his jacket and desk thingy.

2014: Just silly toys.
Jimbo 2014.png

2016: ugly hand figure boglin? thing shows up.
Jimbo 2016.png

2018: more bog things and outfit starts to get weirder. Wields a cane.
Jimbo 2018.png

2019: notice the buttons are starting to appear.
Jimbo 2019.png

2020: I dont even know anymore. More buttons. Also lipstick started here afaik.
Jimbo 2020 early png.png

Today: Just sad. The Bog things are gone because he has become the Bog. The desk is gone too, because it covered up too much of his virtue-signal vest.
Jimbo 2021.png

At this point im just curious where we will be in a year or two. His hat still has space for more lootcrate buttons and his sanity aint coming back.
Im just waiting for a pink fullbody bog-suit covered in buttons.

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, it's almost like our bodies make the various juices they make for an actual reason, and fucking with them to try to get horrible man tits is a bad idea that will lead to other consequences because current science doesn't understand half of what they all do. Whew, sorry for so much transphobia in a single sentence there, don't know what came over me.

I don't even really consider transgender stuff coming into it-that's a differant kettle of fish The dumb motherfucker uses they/them pronouns and referes to themselves as a Pansexual Gendertrash the fuck is this guy doing on hrt?

AJneedsElocution

Always outsmarted,never out reeeee'd
kiwifarms.net
2016: ugly hand figure boglin? thing shows up.
For real when he started having his boglin and pog shit constantly appear in his vids is when his content turned from 'somewhat exceptional,but decent and reasonable" and fell down the path of indulgent,repetitive and outright fucking awful to watch.

It is fucking hilarious how he obviously hates gaming in general now,and in particular the audience he cultivated a decade ago,but doesnt have the courage of his convictions to pack it in and do something else.

Edit:Related to the his pog/boglin and other toy related shit,i love how so many of the people online who are so anti-capitalist are also those whose life evolves round the spending their money on the most meaningless and consumerist shit possible.

TheBeanz

Heinz Meanz Beanz
kiwifarms.net
This whole "muh crunch" topic that seems to be a journo evergreen is just being blown out of proportion by leeches like Jimmeyboy and Schreier that want to push their funny union idea so they can suck even more money out of an industry they don't contribute anything to.
The crunch sperging really drills into me how little Jim knows about project management, engineering, software development, or anything really.

The last few days/weeks before a deadline are always crucial to any project, and always involve a shitload of work. Fuck, even university coursework involves crunch. Jim is someone who freaks out about this very concept without ever experiencing it in his own life, it's classic gay hypocrisy.

Cyber Bowling

kiwifarms.net
The crunch sperging really drills into me how little Jim knows about project management, engineering, software development, or anything really.

The last few days/weeks before a deadline are always crucial to any project, and always involve a shitload of work. Fuck, even university coursework involves crunch. Jim is someone who freaks out about this very concept without ever experiencing it in his own life, it's classic gay hypocrisy.
This is one of my biggest issues with people who complain about crunch. They act like it only exists in the video game industry and isn't something that naturally exists in, well, pretty much anything that involves work, where it is generally accepted and treated as the norm. I think a lot of it has to do with labeling, with games, the term crunch gets used, while everywhere else, it's just referred to in lighter terms, like working overtime/late or putting in extra hours.

Jim himself has probably experienced it at some point, since he releases videos on a set schedule. I'm sure there have been some weeks, especially in his earlier days when he seemed to care about what he was doing, where he spent most of the weekend putting in those extra hours to meet the Monday deadline. Or, back when he actually reviewed things, trying to play through a game to get a proper review written around launch time. Granted, there's certainly a difference in the difficulty of crunch time, but that's a different subject.

None Drunk Username

kiwifarms.net
Man, what led Sterling to become so bitter and hateful of video games? Was constantly covering the negative aspects of the industry with no breaks too much for him to handle, to the point that he could only think that it's nothing more than a complete hell hole?
Well there's several things the main one being that he clearly doesn't enjoy video games anymore which is fair enough I suppose but the obvious problem is that's literally his job so he kind of fucked himself over there.

My other theory is he made a career of talking about the bad and controversial aspects of the gaming industry only to be left behind by several other youtubers who cover the industry better than him (and are also better at creating more entertaining content I might add.) Ever since the digital homicide saga he really hasn't done anything noteworthy and now he's desperately trying to make his content relevant again and he's decided that shifting his spergery of the evils of the game industry into maximum overdrive is the way to go. He wants desperately to be seen as someone important in the industry as Schrier so he hammers down the things he says and does even harder.

Also his close relationship with Laura Dale who is basically a textbook example of a crazy troon probably didn't help things.

Illuminati Order Official

The Gentleman From Tralfamadore
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
- Obese and with unhealthy eating habits,
- Obsessed with Trump,
- Trying to get his gaming audience into wrestling and failing terribly,
- Steady decline in content quantity and quality,
- Unhealthy relationship,
- Self-diagnosed mental conditions.
- 40 years old man playing with toys for kids.
He's turning into Spoony.

Suck the Cock

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Edit:Related to the his pog/boglin and other toy related shit,i love how so many of the people online who are so anti-capitalist are also those whose life evolves round the spending their money on the most meaningless and consumerist shit possible.
"It's not my fault, it's evil corporations forcing me to get excited over their shit. What is personal responsibility? People don't have self control, as long as people can advertise I'll be forced to buy new shit."

Bananadana

kiwifarms.net
Another thing that i think feeds into his contempt for gaming is that he has been screaming into the void of the internet for 6+ years (no idea how long before Jimquisition on YT) with little to nothing to show for it. Sure his fans and paypiggies cheer everytime he is tearing into Ubisoft, but Ubisoft itself does not give a single fuck what he has to say. Nothing he could say or do has any effect whatsoever on the games industry. Neither the developers, nor the consumers outside his audience have even noticed/acknowledged his existence.

And sure, its still rabidly profitable to scream into this void (he makes 15k-ish USD on Patreon alone [with no tiers or anything exclusive!]), but he indeed seems to be somewhat of a narcissist, so that money alone just does not do it for him. He wants to be *someone* so badly that he does not care if that someone is a nutter in spandex or "Pansexual Gendertrash" on Youtube so long as people know who (or what) he is today.

Only problem:stress: ?
He seems to have plateaued on Youtube for a while now and even his paypiggies are seemingly post-peak.
(Keep in mind that Patreon graph has compressed vertical scaling.)
No more sub-growth since September and weekly views are also at an all-time worst.
And that despite regular uploads of proven formats and political alignment with YT.

Jimbo stats.png Jimbo stats 2.png

Interestingly, i did not find any single video around that time in September when stagnation started that would have caused this situation.
You can see this on his channel in general though. A few years back, the "heavy hitters" ie. episodes coasting on a pre-existing shitstorm used to always get in between 1.000.000 to 500.000 views. These days, 500.000+ views has become very rare. Even the "classic" format "worst games of 20xx" episode this year has yet to reach the 500.000 mark after 3 weeks. 2019,2018,2017 and 2016 are all above or close to 1.000.000. Channel is overall still chugging along, but growth has become stagnant. Also a good chunk of his subs don't click his videos anymore. His twitch streams look the same too. 50k followers, but less than 1k active viewers on average. I don't think the spandex-wrangling stuff went anywhere either and anyone still associating with him is even less popular than he is. (The troon "lady" from his podcast is getting less than 1k per upload) [Note: not surprising because holy shit, this person has an annoying voice]

So altogether, things could be better. He is stuck screaming into a void for fame, but said fame is starting to die off because even the void does not care about his hot-takes anymore.
If he does not change something (i would suggest less sperging, more games) then he may never see the 1.000.000 subs. Jimbo may have killed the channel just before hitting that.
If you take the stuff above into consideration , then this current 'tude may be more than just a distaste for games. Even the guys that stuck around through 2020 stopped watching him, so now he not only has to deal with a medium he seemingly hates, but also the fact that nobody cares who he is unless he is talking about video games, and even then nobody really cares.