Careercow Jim Sterling / James Stanton/Sexton & in memoriam TotalBiscuit (John Bain) - One Gaming Lolcow Thread

Duncan Hills Coffee

Not a normal human
kiwifarms.net
I think Yahtzee is the best example that not only can you make a career out of being a negative cunt, you can do it while only putting out one video a week. The difference between him and Jim is the former clearly still has a passion for writing (even when he hates the games he's writing about,) so his material remains fresh and funny even after 10+ years.

The Jimquisition, on the other hand, has reached the point of parody where you don't even need to watch anymore to know what Jim is going to be talking about, and I think that's why a formula change-up (which is a good idea) still wouldn't save Jim's channel because instead of one video of a miserable cunt being miserable we'd get them daily.
There's also the fact that while Yahtzee makes mostly negative videos, he himself didn't become a miserable pile of shit if the fact he got married and had a kid is any indication to go by. Between that and his old Let's Drown Out videos with Gabe, I get the impression that Yahtzee at least has a healthy social life, unlike Jim who only has a social life on Twitter. Yahtzee may be negative, but he's not miserable and depressing to watch. Jim on the other hand exudes this ugly and sad presence in his videos; he looks like someone who hates where he is right now and that makes his videos less appealing. Not to mention, Yahtzee's done a better job branching out with actual books and a couple of new series on The Escapist which means he can actively challenge himself doing new things. Even if people didn't watch Yahtzee's other stuff, it's still good for him on a creative level. Jim hasn't branched out in any capacity in a long time, and you can see how that's detrimental to the Jimquisition when it's literally the same thing every week and even regular viewers are getting sick of it. Jim's in a creative rut and the steps he's taking to rectify his declining viewership do nothing to help his actual problems.

Johan Schmidt

kiwifarms.net
Jim ree's about crunch time for games developers a lot.

As someone who has worked in call centres I literally have zero sympathy. Like, none at all. Oh noooo, you had to work paid overtime at the end of a development cycle? Let me introduce you to my extra 5 hours of mandatory unpaid overtime a week. Oh no! You had your computers have some time monitoring on them? I once got reprimanded for taking an extra minute more than my allocated toilet time because I had a bad stomach.

I literally got told off for taking too long to take a shit. When I made manager, I was told to fire a girl whose dad had just an hero'd because her sales performance went down as a result. I don't care about pampered video game devs anymore than some phuket sweatshop worker cares about my pampered office job.

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
Thats exactly what turned me off to him its not the Troon thing its the capitalism = bad while making your money criticising toys for adults

Honestly Jim could claim to be pinkypie fused with a dragon dildo if the video's hadnt gone to shit I'd still watch them. I actually agree with Jims politics on corporation and I got fucking sick of it.

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
There's also the fact that while Yahtzee makes mostly negative videos, he himself didn't become a miserable pile of shit if the fact he got married and had a kid is any indication to go by. Between that and his old Let's Drown Out videos with Gabe, I get the impression that Yahtzee at least has a healthy social life, unlike Jim who only has a social life on Twitter. Yahtzee may be negative, but he's not miserable and depressing to watch. Jim on the other hand exudes this ugly and sad presence in his videos; he looks like someone who hates where he is right now and that makes his videos less appealing. Not to mention, Yahtzee's done a better job branching out with actual books and a couple of new series on The Escapist which means he can actively challenge himself doing new things. Even if people didn't watch Yahtzee's other stuff, it's still good for him on a creative level. Jim hasn't branched out in any capacity in a long time, and you can see how that's detrimental to the Jimquisition when it's literally the same thing every week and even regular viewers are getting sick of it. Jim's in a creative rut and the steps he's taking to rectify his declining viewership do nothing to help his actual problems.
I wouldnt say that Yahtzee is a social dude, the few times he was shown on camera (doing interviews, making his failed TV show pilot about video games, even promoting his bar) one could tell he isnt very comfortable talking with people or interracting with them too much, however hes clearly more comfy during say Skype like conversations when he was on TBs podcast one time.

Oliver Onions

Stop sinning, that's literally all you have to do.
kiwifarms.net
There's also the fact that while Yahtzee makes mostly negative videos, he himself didn't become a miserable pile of shit
Yeah I think it's been pointed out before that while Yahtzee's persona is an act he puts on for ZP, Jim's online persona eventually bled into his real life and now they're one and the same, probably because he has literally nothing outside of his e-fame.

I wouldnt say that Yahtzee is a social dude, the few times he was shown on camera (doing interviews, making his failed TV show pilot about video games, even promoting his bar) one could tell he isnt very comfortable talking with people or interracting with them too much
He just comes across as a typical introvert, to me, which would also explain why he doesn't use his social media as a pulpit like the rest of them and ignores the nontroversies that have cropped up around him over the years (the tranny joke in Papers, Please or his 'nigger, nigger, nigger' bit in Mafia 3, for example).

BULLY HUNTER_77

NAME THE BULLY
kiwifarms.net
I'm almost embarrassed to admit I even watched his videos at one point, especially now that he's decided to troon out. Just... Christ. He was a clown before, but now he's the whole damn circus.
I haven't watched any of his videos for a long time. I used to look forward to Mondays because there'd be a new Jimquisition back in the DigiHom golden age. Now that he's the lolcow, I look forward to Mondays so I can read this thread.

That's my personal metric for when someone has reached true lolcow status: their thread is more entertaining than their actual videos.

Johan Schmidt

kiwifarms.net
I haven't watched any of his videos for a long time. I used to look forward to Mondays because there'd be a new Jimquisition back in the DigiHom golden age. Now that he's the lolcow, I look forward to Mondays so I can read this thread.

That's my personal metric for when someone has reached true lolcow status: their thread is more entertaining than their actual videos.
I had the same thing with Movieblob. It's gotten to the point where I take my Blob through the eyes via kiwifarms only. I don't even bother to go to the source anymore.

Il Latte Materno

Ra-ta-ta-ta-ta!
kiwifarms.net
Jim Sterling already past the "Nothing is ever good enough" stage of Trooning.
Jimothy.png
I'm surprised that the "trans out of spite for people I dislike" part of his brain didn't win out over the "Nothing will ever be good enough because I MUST be oppressed to exist" part.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sinner's Sandwich

Eid Nedib Eid !
kiwifarms.net

I'm surprised that the "trans out of spite for people I dislike" part of his brain didn't win out over the "Nothing will ever be good enough because I MUST be oppressed to exist" part.
Junk science = science that hurts troon feelings

I think he is going to lose tons of followers quickly if he makes a "Hogwarts Legacy kills trans people & JK Rowling is literally Hitler" video which he is 100% going to do.

Can't wait.:popcorn:

Yeshuash

Token Polish Guy
kiwifarms.net
"Crunch" isn't even always because the company is scumbags. Sometimes, something just has to be done by a certain time and there's a deadline to be met, and it has to be done. Some companies are shitty and if it happens every single time, maybe it's a shitty company, but quit fucking whining about having to work more sometimes.
While abusing employees should be fought against, many of these YouTube talking head never worked (most of them at least) in a place with strict deadlines and goal points.

Crunch and burning the midnight oil IS and always will be a part of these kind of industries. Pick ANY succesfull game from the past three decades and I promiss you that most of them went through a crunch hellhole period, with people leaving or loosing health over work.

Back then though it was considered passion for your job.

Jones McCann

“O brave new world that has such people in it.”
kiwifarms.net
His production quality is low enough that he could easily get the news and script on one day, record, edit and post on the next. One day news lag isn't bad.
There is no production quality at this point, it's the most low effort shit I've ever seen. He says retarded shit to the camera for the first 5 minutes, mostly about his AGP fantasies or how he went outside today. The rest of the show is stock image zoom-ins interspliced between gameplay stolen from other creators. He probably spends a total of 3 hours on these videos per week, 30 minutes googling, 30 minutes coming up with an opening/closing "monologue", 2 hours doing a rambling voiceover for the rest of the episode (mostly about how company bad, capitalism bad, trannies good so he doesn't need to actually work on it). Then the "editor" probably spends an hour max looking through the "stock image" folder on his desktop and finding youtube videos to download and rip from. It's completely devoid of any sense of passion or responsibility to his audience. Low effort garbage, you can find 100 other youtubers who are much better at their job and actually enjoy doing it.

stupidpieceofshit

Panzer Vor, Motherfuckers
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As someone who has worked in call centres I literally have zero sympathy. Like, none at all. Oh noooo, you had to work paid overtime at the end of a development cycle? Let me introduce you to my extra 5 hours of mandatory unpaid overtime a week. Oh no! You had your computers have some time monitoring on them? I once got reprimanded for taking an extra minute more than my allocated toilet time because I had a bad stomach.
The US DOL States this:
  • The employee must be compensated either on a salary or fee basis at a rate not less than $684* per week or, if compensated on an hourly basis, at a rate not less than $27.63 an hour;
  • The employee must be employed as a computer systems analyst, computer programmer, software engineer or other similarly skilled worker in the computer field performing the duties described below;
  • The employee’s primary duty must consist of:
    1. The application of systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users, to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications;
    2. The design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing or modification of computer systems or programs, including prototypes, based on and related to user or system design specifications;
    3. The design, documentation, testing, creation or modification of computer programs related to machine operating systems; or
    4. A combination of the aforementioned duties, the performance of which requires the same level of skills.
There is a great chance they are not being paid OT (or extra if salaried).

If you are in the US and were not being paid for you OT work at a call center there is a good chance your employer was acting illegally:

Johan Schmidt

kiwifarms.net

Jeffrey Epstein

Have your whites spayed or neutered pls
kiwifarms.net
I enjoy when these people pipe up about science, it's always some click bait blog they've read about how some frogs totally change sex and that intersex people exist so check mate bigots.
all that bullshit is irrelevant because frogs even know gender roles, as for instance, the male african bullfrogs will literally body slam each other until the strongest (i.e. most "manly" or viable) specimen wins the battle to fuck the wymxn.

EyelessMC

kiwifarms.net
jesus christ I don't know whether to laugh at or feel sorry for that guy
When in doubt--laugh.
"transphobe junk science" :story:
He's just blindly following along and ticking all the tranny boxes no matter how ridiculous it seems. Is he really that desperate to fit in with these people? What next, is he gonna talk about getting "top surgery"? At least we know he'll never joint the 41 50% since he's so rotund he'd snap the rope. Dude would need a bungee cord, but with his mass and the cord's rubberband effect he'd just end up flying into the stratosphere.

Trigger Me Timbers

Reformed Kekistani
kiwifarms.net
Original:
Archive (360p):
View attachment 1960067

Okay..

I was mentioning that I don't get recommended Jims videos anymore after disliking one of them. I was wrong, YouTube decided to put this video smack dab in the middle of my recommendations.

I decided to give him another chance, My idea was that maybe he's gotten over his "gender euphoria" and can maybe go back to making normal videos I used to like. I gave his latest video the best chance I could. I actually watch the video alongside the audio for once and tried not to skip forward.

The opening skit was very ugly. Not just because Jim is in it with his drag make up but also because he has some hideous boggling thing which he calls his boyfriend and his playacting with it. It really feels like he picked it up off the shelf and went into the shop and decide to adlib with it. Oh and the background audio is dogshit mixed with his mic audio and sounds horrible.

All of the video is fairly ugly. If he's not using weird "not for children's children's TV show" images he's also then just using very boring stock photos and stock video. It feels weird and disjointed. It can be funny using stock photo videos when talking about certain issues however he does it way too much and it does not meet or match any of the times it's supposed to work. What is most noticeable as whenever he's talking about himself being angry or upset about something it always cuts the stock video of a very attractive girl looking disinterested on her phone or just play acting angry.

The actual content I thought I would like because he's railing on anthem and anthems a pretty safe bet as an easy low hanging fruit horse to beat. He goes back and forth between saying that he predicted everything and people should listen to him but also then saying that he's not saying that he is predicted everything and that he knows everything, But then goes back to saying people should listen to him and that he predicts everything correctly. Also he calls himself a "big brain girl" which made me cringe.

He really just keeps recycling the same talking points from like 10 different Jimquisition videos, It was exhausting and after the 10 minute mark I had to go check the video length because I swear to God that he should be wrapping up by now and I was shocked to find us another nine minutes of video I need to watch.

It's not as annoying this video as his other ones, as he's not blaming capitalism as much as he is blaming bad management and non-industry CEOs. However his hatred of video game industry CEOs coming from fast food or other industries has always struck me as immature as the video game industry at the scale is still very young and there isn't really a lot of chance to hire someone who has great video game experience for such an important high level role in the company.

Again when the video isn't just stock footage people or ugly 90s children's TV it's then video game trailers which honestly mate the games he's talking about look really good, Before he got lazy he would actually use his own gameplay from his games which was a lot more repetitive and not action packed because it's just gameplay and not a high thrills action trailer. Talking a lot about anthem at one point and about how grinding boring it is but he's actually showing a Marvel Mobile game instead, it makes sence because it too is a live service game. However this still is disjointed because he is using the trailer for the game which makes the game look really awesome and I would much rather be playing that game and listening to him ramble on about anthem like this.

Lastly and most damning thing I realise that's wrong with his video and his take. He obviously has never played anthem. He doesn't talk at all about any gameplay reasons why it wasn't successful. He only talks about the background business reasons of why it wasn't successful. I understand that it was badly managed and that making it a full live service before the game was even out was silly but he doesn't explain any reasons why the game was not fun to play or why didn't work.

Well good news is he didn't make it about himself...... Oh never mind, In the Outro he talks about how he has now has ADHD or some shit now, yer... You've got ADHD diagnosis in your late 30s... I bet you was from the same Doctor who prescribed you hormones too. Pretty sure James has just found this of a doctor is aware of Jims online persona and his patron money and is just got a milk him until the day he dies. God Bless America :semperfidelis:

It was nice knowing ya Jim. Enjoy your tranny bux on patron.