Careercow Jim Sterling / James Stanton/Sexton & in memoriam TotalBiscuit (John Bain) - One Gaming Lolcow Thread

Coccxys

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
However his hatred of video game industry CEOs coming from fast food or other industries has always struck me as immature as the video game industry at the scale is still very young and there isn't really a lot of chance to hire someone who has great video game experience for such an important high level role in the company.
I mean astrotufed CEOs from other industries are the least of the problem. It isn't just gaming that has people from outside the industry going into these roles, it's pretty universal. From the CEOs view point one megacorp is much like another and its largely irrelevant what is being produced.

The logic of "someone from the inside" only works when you have people from the inside who are both capable and willing. Many who go into game design want to be game deaigners and stay doing that, creative types tend to want to stay being creative, not be trying to steer a megacorp with very little sight of the product. Also CEOs need to have come up through management levels which many programmers aren't going to be adept at because (where did the puzzle piece emoji go?).

I don't think Jim understands the role of a CEO (do any of these types?) as they seem to think they simultaneously do nothing at all to earn their pay but are also the single worst obstacle in every business.

TheBeanz

Heinz Meanz Beanz
kiwifarms.net
I don't think Jim understands the role of a CEO
You really nailed it on that one. Frankly, I don't think the majority of people really know what a CEO does other than 'go to lots of meetings' and 'think up big ideas about the way the company is going'.

The actual day-to-day tasks the guys at the top of my line of work do are a mystery to me. I assume it involves a lot of travel and a lot of hours, but that's about it.

Oliver Onions

Stop sinning, that's literally all you have to do.
kiwifarms.net
I enjoy when these people pipe up about science, it's always some click bait blog they've read about how some frogs totally change sex and that intersex people exist so check mate bigots.
I love the 'intersex people exist' argument because it completely ignores the fact that's a genetic fuck-up, not a natural variation like male or female. It's like saying people who are born without legs aren't disabled, they're just a new sub-species of legless human.

Then again, I know there are some people who are opposed to curing deafness because it would 'erase deaf culture' so maybe we're not too far off being pro-legless human.

I actually believe it. In his videos he talks quickly, and before he finishes his point, he rapidly changes from one topic to another barely related topic. Along with the anger issues, Jim is full of mental illness that needs fixing.

Don't worry, I'm sure putting on a wig an changing his pronouns will solve all his mental problems.

rabo

Make it soy!
kiwifarms.net
I love the 'intersex people exist' argument because it completely ignores the fact that's a genetic fuck-up, not a natural variation like male or female. It's like saying people who are born without legs aren't disabled, they're just a new sub-species of legless human.

Then again, I know there are some people who are opposed to curing deafness because it would 'erase deaf culture' so maybe we're not too far off being pro-legless human.
Fuck deaf culture. Deaf people are the single most insufferable disabled people out there. They are so fucking hostile to people who can hear. It's like they become so bitter that people treats them like retard because they can't speak without sounding like one I dunno, but I just know they are the most fucking susceptible to throwing fits over everything. They come to grow so bitter, maybe because unlike other disabled people a deaf person can have a 100% normal life until they have to interact with another Human being and that makes them hate other humans so much.

Sorry for the random rant.

Jack Awful

Laughs at Tards
kiwifarms.net
Then again, I know there are some people who are opposed to curing deafness because it would 'erase deaf culture'
We actually have a thread on them, too.

The Fatriarchy

kiwifarms.net
I was mentioning that I don't get recommended Jims videos anymore after disliking one of them. I was wrong, YouTube decided to put this video smack dab in the middle of my recommendations.
The only way to really get someone out of your recommends for a little while is to see a video from the user on the front youtube page, click the dots, and choose "don't recommend this channel". Unfortunately, Youtube is developed by retards and some recent change made it so that it randomly just doesn't show the dots. I don't know when they come back but you basically never get them back in the same session. It's like there's an algorithm that detects when you try to get rid of too many woke, approved channels and punishes you by taking away your ability to self-curate them at all.

Jack Awful

Laughs at Tards
kiwifarms.net
Unfortunately, Youtube is developed by retards and some recent change made it so that it randomly just doesn't show the dots.
It could be an intentional feature to prevent you from being able to block content creators that YouTube wants to promote, or possibly even pays YouTube, but the latter probably requires disclosure.

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
Unfortunately, Youtube is developed by retards and some recent change made it so that it randomly just doesn't show the dots. I don't know when they come back but you basically never get them back in the same session.
Here's the thing, YouTube has decided to do fucking OAuth checks on everything. Posting comments, rating a video, subscribing, tagging a video as "not interested", AJAX loading additional videos/comments/posts, opening the sidebar, fucking goddamn everything. If you fail an OAuth check because of a session desync, you're just fucked. And no, YouTube doesn't care that it's inconvenient, go fuck yourself.

Slav Power

Polski Moderator
Local Moderator
kiwifarms.net
kliksphillip did a rambling video, deadnamed and mispronouned him, and a bunch of tits in the comments started correcting him on this deadly sin, two of which seem to be trannies. I guess it's the case for every single video made after the coming out where the author either doesn't know about it or doesn't give a ahit about it. No screencaps because I'm lazily phoneposting at 2:30AM.

BlerdBjern

There isn't any god.
kiwifarms.net

eh, evolution is nothing but a long string of "Genetic fuck ups."

if you changed a few things back in our early history, humans may all have been one of the fertile variants of intersex.

or had only one eye, or grew boney plates out of our skin.

All sorts of weird shit shows up in rare genetic disorders that could have potentially become a part of our normal if things had gone differently.

Last edited:

Minister Burroughs

kiwifarms.net
eh, evolution is nothing but a long string of "Genetic fuck up's."

if you changed a few things back in our early history, humans may all have been one of the fertile variants of intersex.

or had only one eye, or grew boney plates out of our skin.

All sorts of wierd shit shows up in wierd genetic disorders that could have been potentially become a part of our normal if things had gone differently.
Probably not. The thing that makes these fuck-ups is the fact that intersex people usually can't reproduce. Only one eye means no depth perception. Bony plates would probably make climbing harder.
Not to say there aren't evolutionary fuckups sticking around in modern humans, (the appendix), but most of these things are considered 'disorders' not because they're abnormal, but because they're objectively detrimental to the survival of the species or at least the human in question. It's not a question of the wrong human slipping off a cliff millions of years ago, our situation back then would have had to be radically different for something so major as legless humans to not be much, much worse off than legged humans.

BlerdBjern

There isn't any god.
kiwifarms.net
Probably not. The thing that makes these fuck-ups is the fact that intersex people usually can't reproduce. Only one eye means no depth perception. Bony plates would probably make climbing harder.
Not to say there aren't evolutionary fuckups sticking around in modern humans, (the appendix), but most of these things are considered 'disorders' not because they're abnormal, but because they're objectively detrimental to the survival of the species or at least the human in question. It's not a question of the wrong human slipping off a cliff millions of years ago, our situation back then would have had to be radically different for something so major as legless humans to not be much, much worse off than legged humans.

Well yeah, legless humans aren't likely to come about via evolution unless we all went the way of the whale.

but things like boney plates have theoretical situations where they could have potentially been useful or at least not actively detrimental.

And there are variations of intersex that are fertile as I mentioned in the first post.

Basically the point is, what we consider "Normal" could have easily been entirely different for want of a metaphorical nail a million years ago.

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
kiwifarms.net
Basically the point is, what we consider "Normal" could have easily been entirely different for want of a metaphorical nail a million years ago.
And if wishes were horses then beggars would ride. It's pretty irrelevant either way.

The salient point is that these things are normal for a reason, and the bullshit troons try to justify using a naturalistic fallacy ("it happens in nature, therefore it's fine for me") is just smoke and mirrors. Yes, occasionally you'll see a two-headed snake in nature. It doesn't mean it's normal, or even good for the snake. And that's what matters.

BlerdBjern

There isn't any god.
kiwifarms.net
And if wishes were horses then beggars would ride. It's pretty irrelevant either way.

The salient point is that these things are normal for a reason, and the bullshit troons try to justify using a naturalistic fallacy ("it happens in nature, therefore it's fine for me") is just smoke and mirrors. Yes, occasionally you'll see a two-headed snake in nature. It doesn't mean it's normal, or even good for the snake. And that's what matters.

Fair.

Tho, I'm Gonna have to point out that being naturally intersex is not necessarily bad there are fertile variants of the condition, and From what research I've done, it doesn't really seem to have any serious medical issues attached to it besides potential infertility.

But troonism and intersex aren't even the same thing, and inverting your penis will just get you a festering wound... not a vagina

BroccoliBrain

my corpus callosum is green
kiwifarms.net
eh, evolution is nothing but a long string of "Genetic fuck ups."
No. While some traits occurred out of pure chance, they were only able to stay because they didn't hinder individuals from reproducing successfully. Some of these things are actively beneficial.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say but *mammals* in general go by an XY sex determination system. Even before we were homo sapiens, this is what we used. Intersex conditions in humans are genetic abnormalities and every individual is 'supposed' to be either XX or XY. Even the fertile ones simply have a mild condition that did not prevent them from producing the sperm or eggs they were always determined to by their sex chromosomes. Basically if there is a Y, no matter how many X's, the individual would have developed into a fertile male if not for complications.

You are right that being a troon and being intersex is not the same but right now trannies are trying to claim the intersex identity to seem more legitimate, they're so btfo by the way human sex works that they're resorting to blinding the less educated with science terms so that the 'born in the wrong body' thing sounds true. Which it isn't. The smarter ones might take what I've just said and posit that a MtF troon is XXY but these conditions are so rare that chances are: 1) they're lying, 2)they're still an infertile *man* and not secretly a genetic woman the whole time.

Last edited:

BlerdBjern

There isn't any god.
kiwifarms.net
No. While some traits occurred out of pure chance, they were only able to stay because they didn't hinder individuals from reproducing successfully. Some of these things are actively beneficial.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say but *mammals* in general go by an XY sex determination system. Even before we were homo sapiens, this is what we used. Intersex conditions in humans are genetic abnormalities and every individual is 'supposed' to be either XX or XY. Even the fertile ones simply have a mild condition that did not prevent them from producing the sperm or eggs they were always determined to by their sex chromosomes. Basically if there is a Y, no matter how many X's, the individual would have developed into a male if not for complications.

You are right that being a troon and being intersex is not the same but right now trannies are trying to claim the intersex identity to seem more legitimate, they're so btfo by the way human sex work that they're resorting to blinding the less educated with science terms so that the 'born in the wrong body' thing sounds true. Which it isn't. The smarter ones might take what I've just said and posit a MtF troon is XXY but these conditions are so rare that chances are: 1) they're lying, 2)they're still an infertile *man* and not secretly a genetic woman the whole time.

If you regard anything that deviates from the "Norm" as a fuck up, then evolution is in fact a long string of fuck ups.

Also, the mutations that drive evolution only happen when something goes wrong, regardless of whether the ultimate results are beneficial, neutral, or actively detrimental.

BroccoliBrain

my corpus callosum is green
kiwifarms.net
If you regard anything that deviates from the "Norm" as a fuck up, then evolution is in fact a long string of fuck ups.

Also, the mutations that drive evolution only happen when something goes wrong, regardless of whether the ultimate results are beneficial, neutral, or actively detrimental.
Think you should brush up on your reading before boiling evolution down to a force that can be 'driven' and 'fuck ups'.

Chilson

kiwifarms.net
Think you should brush up on your reading before boiling evolution down to a force that can be 'driven' and 'fuck ups'.
Well...that is actually what evolution is when you boil it down. Its fuck ups in the genetic scrambling that just so happen to survive better in a certain environment.

Intersex is a complete genetic dead end though since they can't reproduce. That is just a fact.