Careercow Jim Sterling / James "Stephanie" Sterling / James Stanton/Sexton & in memoriam TotalBiscuit (John Bain) - One Gaming Lolcow Thread

• Conducting some maintenance.

BULLY HUNTER_77

NAME THE BULLY
kiwifarms.net
Ironically, it's the kind of pump-and-dump scheme he constantly lambastes short-sighted video game execs for using.

If he has any self-awareness left then he knows he has zero job prospects outside of his current profession. The wrestling stuff is dead in the water because he has neither the skill or likeability to make it professionally in that sphere. He can't get into breadtubing because his political hot takes are even more milquetoast than the bottom rungs like QuintonReviews. His consumer advocacy in gaming niche is his only option, but he hates video games now so that's out. Getting a normal job is obviously out of the question because of his size and internet footprint.

So what's a fat fuck to do? Troon out, go really hard in the paint for a few months to generate as much sympathy bux as possible and hope you make enough to last out the remaining miserable years of your life. Honestly if I was in Jim's position I'd probably do the same, because really what are his other options?
TBH, if I were in his position, I'd continue the consumer advocacy in video games schtick. Even if I hated video games, we're not talking a massive time investment each week to shit out a new 10 minute Jimquisition. Some people work 40 hours a week at a job they hate and they're paid nowhere near as much as Jim to do it.

In addition, to mix things up, I'd develop a business model of starting shit with small censorious, litigious, asset flippers (e.g. the Digihom business model). Basically try to become the Keemstar or Leafy of indie game devs, since the Digihom saga was objectively the most lucrative for him. As long as massive Patreon bucks keep rolling in, you could probably just consider the small claims court fees a "business expense" (obviously not for the purposes of filing your taxes). I'd probably still LARP as a troon (minus the permanent bodily harm) to deter YouTube from nuking my channel like Leafy.

I don't believe a pro se litigant has ever recovered millions of dollars in damages (even if they won, by some miracle). While all lawyers will advise you not to talk about the case during litigation (to be on the safe side), pro se litigants are generally so retarded/incompetent that they wouldn't really be able to capitalize on it even if you did. I would post real-time Jimquisition updates about how retarded each filing was and LARP as my favorite wrestling character of the week while doing it. The gamble would be that the drama would be more lucrative than the legal costs. Jim would have fun since he likes drama, likes to play dress up, and do stupid skits. His views would remain high since drama sells. Worst-case scenario, his small claims legal expenses start eating into his Patreon profits, then he could just cry the victim and do a fundraiser. He could even take a few months off and coast on his milquetoast Jimquisitions.

Oliver Onions

Stop sinning, that's literally all you have to do.
kiwifarms.net
TBH, if I were in his position, I'd continue the consumer advocacy in video games schtick. Even if I hated video games, we're not talking a massive time investment each week to shit out a new 10 minute Jimquisition. Some people work 40 hours a week at a job they hate and they're paid nowhere near as much as Jim to do it.

In addition, to mix things up, I'd develop a business model of starting shit with small censorious, litigious, asset flippers (e.g. the Digihom business model). Basically try to become the Keemstar or Leafy of indie game devs, since the Digihom saga was objectively the most lucrative for him. As long as massive Patreon bucks keep rolling in, you could probably just consider the small claims court fees a "business expense" (obviously not for the purposes of filing your taxes). I'd probably still LARP as a troon (minus the permanent bodily harm) to deter YouTube from nuking my channel like Leafy.

I don't believe a pro se litigant has ever recovered millions of dollars in damages (even if they won, by some miracle). While all lawyers will advise you not to talk about the case during litigation (to be on the safe side), pro se litigants are generally so retarded/incompetent that they wouldn't really be able to capitalize on it even if you did. I would post real-time Jimquisition updates about how retarded each filing was and LARP as my favorite wrestling character of the week while doing it. The gamble would be that the drama would be more lucrative than the legal costs. Jim would have fun since he likes drama, likes to play dress up, and do stupid skits. His views would remain high since drama sells. Worst-case scenario, his small claims legal expenses start eating into his Patreon profits, then he could just cry the victim and do a fundraiser. He could even take a few months off and coast on his milquetoast Jimquisitions.
The main issues I can see with your plan is the sheer amount of work it would take is leagues beyond what current lazy Jim is willing to do, and there's also always the risk he accidentally runs into a secret millionaire who has the legal backing to absolutely ruin Jim for fucking him about. Yes, odds are most of the time you're gonna get retards like DigiHom, but I personally wouldn't fuck around with the US court system just for YouTube views; not to mention you'd be inviting constant DMCA strikes upon yourself, and your channel would probably get taken down every other month.

I used to compare Jim to Spoony, but I'm not so sure anymore. Spoony's problem is he's just a lazy, self-pitying cunt who won't do the work; literally all he had to do was maintain a schedule of his usual content and he'd probably still be making decent Patreon bucks today.

With Jim I get the feeling that isn't the case, because there's only so many times you can say the exact same thing in your Jimquisitions before people get bored and stop watching and, judging by the fact his non-JQ videos rarely break 100k views, I think similarly you can only make the same jokes about lazy asset-flips or AAA live services so many times before people have had enough. It's at the point now where any one of us could look at the title of a Jim video and reliably guess what 99% of his talking points will be.

I doubt we could ever get it, but I'd really love to know how many of Jim's nearly 8,000 Patrons actually still watch his content, and how many are just woke enablers or people who forgot to cancel their 2 bucks a month. I feel like that bubble's gotta burst sooner or later.

BULLY HUNTER_77

NAME THE BULLY
kiwifarms.net
The main issues I can see with your plan is the sheer amount of work it would take is leagues beyond what current lazy Jim is willing to do, and there's also always the risk he accidentally runs into a secret millionaire who has the legal backing to absolutely ruin Jim for fucking him about. Yes, odds are most of the time you're gonna get retards like DigiHom, but I personally wouldn't fuck around with the US court system just for YouTube views; not to mention you'd be inviting constant DMCA strikes upon yourself, and your channel would probably get taken down every other month.
Fair point. Whether or not making content based on ongoing legal drama in the US court systems is viable is definitely subject to debate. The closest analog I can think of would be Rekieta who seems to be flying pretty close to the sun in regards to Weeb Wars (e.g. he might be called in as a witness or try to author a brief somehow - he's already been mentioned in the filings). However, he's a lawyer himself so he might be more confident in his knowledge of exactly where the line is. Whether or not he goes the way of Icarus remains to be seen. Waiting until after each lawsuit to post a drama video might be safer but capitalizes less on the drama while it's fresh.

Constant DMCAs might require adopting a Gunt/DSP paypiggy model, where your hardcore fans just follow you to your backup channels. Which reinforces your point that this business model would be a lot of work/stress. However, I still think it's better to take a risk on content that has a potential to be lucrative rather than stagnating like Spoony. That's sort of how efame goes: you need to reinvent yourself and take risks to stay relevant.

Jazz never died!

Brevity is the soul of wit.
kiwifarms.net
Fair point. Whether or not making content based on ongoing legal drama in the US court systems is viable is definitely subject to debate. The closest analog I can think of would be Rekieta who seems to be flying pretty close to the sun in regards to Weeb Wars (e.g. he might be called in as a witness or try to author a brief somehow - he's already been mentioned in the filings). However, he's a lawyer himself so he might be more confident in his knowledge of exactly where the line is. Whether or not he goes the way of Icarus remains to be seen. Waiting until after each lawsuit to post a drama video might be safer but capitalizes less on the drama while it's fresh.

Constant DMCAs might require adopting a Gunt/DSP paypiggy model, where your hardcore fans just follow you to your backup channels. Which reinforces your point that this business model would be a lot of work/stress. However, I still think it's better to take a risk on content that has a potential to be lucrative rather than stagnating like Spoony. That's sort of how efame goes: you need to reinvent yourself and take risks to stay relevant.
Jim always hated gaming and was always lazy with his reviews. The reason he got popular was due to knowing the right people after GamerGate destroyed games journalism and after leaving The Escapist due to them being neutral. He moved on to lets plays of shitty steam games and copied Total Biscuits sctict to great success and being a faux consumer advocate after seeing the aftermath of GG despite hating the movement and the lawsuits of game companies and wining. Dudes career is on a downturn maybe not to the Gunts level of downfall but more Reviewtechusas where he will still have his fans and normies viewing and liking his vids but the second you dig into his history and the trans stuff.

Don't know much about this lawsuits but Jim doesn't have as much clout as he did 4 years ago due to him moving his content to wrasling and failing because wresleing fans won't watch a gamer youtuber federation and gamers unless they already like wrestleing don't care. Not to mention his trans stuff and alienating the anti-woke gaymers.

Last edited:

Oliver Onions

kiwifarms.net

I was thinking of Rekieta too, but he at least has the benefit of an actual legal education to (I'd hope) know when to push his luck and when to stop, whereas Jim would either be doing whatever he wanted or paying retainer on a lawyer for every video to make sure he was in the clear to go after people. I agree it would make for way more interesting viewing though; I'd actually enjoy a channel that was basically SidAlpha but with teeth.

Yeah you're right, the longer he lets things stagnate the bigger the risks he's going to have to take to pull himself out of it. The good news, from our perspective, is there's really no loss state: He either lets his channel rot and eventually loses everything (Spoony) or he does something really, really stupid in a desperate bid for relevancy (Chloe Sagal). I think the option of simply quitting the internet is long gone for him at this stage.

Judge Dredd

Senior Layout Artist
kiwifarms.net
The reason he got popular was due to knowing the right people after GamerGate destroyed games journalism and after leaving Destructoid due to them being neutral.
I think you got some names mixed up here.

He was popular at Destructiod first for being a contrarian and shouty pundit, moved to the Escapist where he continued that shtick, and then GamerGate happened.

Though now you mention it, GamerGate happened at just the right time for him as it gave him the perfect excuse to leave and start a Patreon.

basically SidAlpha but with teeth
SidAlpha even gets into slap fights with indie devs who object to his criticisms. I haven't watched Sid in a while as, just like Jim, his content is the same thing over and over, but he's basically what Jim was in his prime.

Oliver Onions

kiwifarms.net
SidAlpha even gets into slap fights with indie devs who object to his criticisms. I haven't watched Sid in a while as, just like Jim, his content is the same thing over and over, but he's basically what Jim was in his prime.
I'm imagining a SidAlpha-style channel but he goes full Chris Hansen and turns up at the studios of these asset flippers to ask what's going on.

Of course, Jim couldn't do that because it would require him to stand up and maybe even walk short distances, and also I think these devs are usually in Eastern European countries, but still...imagine Jim making a feature-length documentary where he actually tracks down and confronts Gilson B Pontes.

fuck whales

kiwifarms.net
Exciting times boys, lets hope for adverse reactions
Screenshot 2021-04-14 135536.png

Jazz never died!

Brevity is the soul of wit.
kiwifarms.net
I think you got some names mixed up here.
Your right he has been to a lot of places before he stagnated on youtube his sctict ain't hard to copy a lot of yidya youtubers copied it to great sucuess like Yong Yea and the Quarterpounder of soy while never really having strong oppinions to if its good or bad just bad with no solution.

SlipNHonk

kiwifarms.net
Original:
Oh sweet lord that last bit about grocery stores protecting tossed out food as if they're super evil against starving people. Jim, stick to the game industry, because games aren't perishable goods. And I don't think any grocery store wants to get pile driven into the ground by the FDA or lawsuits for allowing people to ransack their garbage bins and eventually getting sick or dying from consuming spoiled meat. And if you think its the job of those grocery stores to give it away, then please, by all means provide the transportation vehicles to cater those things around the local area. This is as dumb as people saying some Iowa farm threw away stockpiles of potatoes at start of Wuhan Virus and should've shipped them off across the country (while staying fresh), as if a small farm is responsible for covering the costs of transportation. Knowing this fat fuck, he probably thinks food should be owned by the state.