Careercow Jim Sterling / James "Stephanie" Sterling / James Stanton/Sexton & in memoriam TotalBiscuit (John Bain) - One Gaming Lolcow Thread

Emperor Yakub

First Pharaoh of Detroit
kiwifarms.net
Whats damning is Yahtzee is an admitted goddamn sperg. A weird quiet near shut in. And yet he is infinitely more likable than most internet people.

God Sterling was one of the weirdest falls from grace. I like never unsub, but he drove me away long before the trans transition
If you know your weaknesses, you'd know how to work around or find strategies to deal with them. It's why job interviews ask you "what is your biggest weakness", they want to see how you deal with a legitimate weakness and whether or not you're retrospective and insightful.

Yahtzee strikes me as someone like that and seems to accept that he's a videogame critic with a dedicated audience and he's fine with that.

303 D0L3

kiwifarms.net
WWE doesn't employ those types, even the fat guys they have are either athletic (like Yokozuna) or exceptionally tall (like King Mabel). The shitty wrestling organizations are the ones that hire the freakshows... midgets, fatsos, bearded ladies, etc. Basically anything to get anyone to watch, which is why Jim is currently doing this wrestling stuff. I guess the cringe part is that he takes it seriously and doesn't realize he's basically just a freak that's funny to watch attempt to move around.
With the way modern wrestling is, even mid-tier level promotions like all-elite wrestling, I couldn't imagine Jim lasting long in-ring before a concussion, knee or back injury happens. He's mentally unwell, the physical shits, on a variert of meds, may be a solid talker if he didn't cosplay a WWE-copyright gimmick. Sterdust/WWE's Stardust.

For the Fat wrestlers like Mabel, Yokozuna and even older 80s era guys they had to actually take bumps, know a thing about ring work, be able to lift their opponent and be lifted by their opponent (example: Andre the giant being slammed by Hulk Hogan) In wrestling being a freak can work, but if you present another image of yourself with all the wokespeak it dilutes the illusion.

Original:
Archive (480p):
View attachment 2239730

It's odd how every jimquisition vid further distances Jim from his peers like Yahtzee or even MovieBob and puts him in the nasty dive bar bowling league that hosts the Amazing Atheist. This vid is just low-energy statements, corporations are bad. We should have LGBT people consult on what's right or not, meanwhile not wanting to discuss other countries in detail and compare how in the US at least there are some protections against being assaulted for it.

CryoRevival #SJ-112

kiwifarms.net
If you know your weaknesses, you'd know how to work around or find strategies to deal with them. It's why job interviews ask you "what is your biggest weakness", they want to see how you deal with a legitimate weakness and whether or not you're retrospective and insightful.

Yahtzee strikes me as someone like that and seems to accept that he's a videogame critic with a dedicated audience and he's fine with that.
I wonder if Yahtzee has shown up in the Anti-cow thread yet. Ben and Jim are the tale of two choices.

Yahtzee decided to accept his audience, make the comfy content that they like week after week, and market his own other projects and aspirations in that vein (His videogames and boardgames are all, atleast in branding, Zero Punctuation themed).

Jim resents his audience, lets his core product, where 95% of attention lies, whither over time, lowering effort, and he inserts his other products into that core product, while simultaneously trying to distance himself from his core.

I know Jim hates capitalism, but just imagine Kleenex saying "we make tissues, which we're known and loved for, but we also make industrial acids, how can we bring these two products together?" the products are non compatible, the audience doesnt want change, and you really should at the very least try to maintain a baseline purity level, keeping the % of Jimquisition (TM) high. Note: Not Jim Sterling, Jimquisition.

I think that the real essence of the issue is that people who create something beloved, can often mistake the love of that thing for a love of their creativity. But the fact is, that not everyone is Pewdiepie getting people with zero interest to watch Minecraft letsplays, most people are Tomska who, has to release a new ASDF Movie every year to put the defibrillator pads to his channel.

I guess Jim should just hope he doesn't so thoroughly hollowed out his channel that he winds up like Ray William Johnson who still has 9.5 million subscribers but his videos get about 30k views each.

Donuteater

kiwifarms.net
I wonder if Yahtzee has shown up in the Anti-cow thread yet. Ben and Jim are the tale of two choices.

Yahtzee decided to accept his audience, make the comfy content that they like week after week, and market his own other projects and aspirations in that vein (His videogames and boardgames are all, atleast in branding, Zero Punctuation themed).

Jim resents his audience, lets his core product, where 95% of attention lies, whither over time, lowering effort, and he inserts his other products into that core product, while simultaneously trying to distance himself from his core.

I know Jim hates capitalism, but just imagine Kleenex saying "we make tissues, which we're known and loved for, but we also make industrial acids, how can we bring these two products together?" the products are non compatible, the audience doesnt want change, and you really should at the very least try to maintain a baseline purity level, keeping the % of Jimquisition (TM) high. Note: Not Jim Sterling, Jimquisition.

I think that the real essence of the issue is that people who create something beloved, can often mistake the love of that thing for a love of their creativity. But the fact is, that not everyone is Pewdiepie getting people with zero interest to watch Minecraft letsplays, most people are Tomska who, has to release a new ASDF Movie every year to put the defibrillator pads to his channel.

I guess Jim should just hope he doesn't so thoroughly hollowed out his channel that he winds up like Ray William Johnson who still has 9.5 million subscribers but his videos get about 30k views each.
It might be time to look at the former Escapists Big 4. Loading Ready Run and Yahtzee both have had success, neither has a thread here. Jim Sterling is moderately successful, and Moviebob is, well, MovieBob. Considering they're all fairly left leaning, it's intresting to see how two spun off to success while the other two didn't.

manlikebigp

You ever wonder why we’re here?
kiwifarms.net

Yahtzee has a thread I believe, it's mainly people posting links to new reviews and one fag getting MATI about the political jokes that Yahtzee makes (even though he's been making them for over 10 years).

An interesting thing to note about Yahtzee is that, on some old game dev forum, he was a bit of a cow. If I remember correctly he took criticism badly, pulled the whole "It's too deep for you" etc etc. Obviously nothing big but to me it seem like Yahtzee had his taste of cow life back then (this was early 2000s) and has refrained from being a sperg since.

Mr Pancakes

kiwifarms.net
Imagine my shock that a troon would idolise a toxic lesbian relationship.
So i stopped watching his vids a while ago but decided after seeing the replies here to look at this one. 3 points (he manages to cram a lot of bullshit into 15 minutes but I cant be bothered to address them all)

1) His argument about poison ivy and his following diatribe about how "queer" people suffer and are basically being genocided skirts close to the "videogames cause violence" and "violence towards queer people in videogames manifest as violence towards real queer people" which I really think is not an argument he wants to be making but yet again it seemed like he had to make himself and "queer" folk the victim of something. I also dont see him getting this outraged when it comes to war simulations.

2) The poison Ivy thing-ok so I get that some would see this in bad taste but on the whole I dont think people in general asscioate beating up poison ivy as beating on lgbt characters. For those of us who know her from pop culture shes seen as a villain first (my initial thoughts of her are uma thurman from that awful batman and robin film kek). This is the issue you will have with "representation", its going to be "problematic" if you view the characters as this, and to many of us poison ivy sexuality isnt her main attribute or first thing most people think about her, which is a good thing. Having a character based around an identity attribute whether it be sexuality, race, etc is never a good thing.

3) Jim proves once again JK rowling lives in his head rent free (and someone needs to tell him she already lives in a mansion so she really doesnt need to). He somehow manages to link any and every cause/video to her and if aliens ever visited us and they only had his videos to go on they would think she was a fucking warlord who wiped out half the worlds population, not a woman wo just wrote stories about a boy and his magical wand (insert joke here). He needs to be on a watch list for her safety. We get it jim, you dont like her, but she isnt doing all the shit you accuse her of.

Oh and bonus-he makes mention that "queer" people should have been consulted and paid for their thoughts on this. It reminds me of a group of troons who demanded anyone buying and playing cyberpunk 2077 owed transwomen "blood money" and needed to also send $70 to their paypal/cashapp which some had the gal to list. Is this the real reason so many are labelling themselves as "queer"? As a way to grift and guilt people out of money? Kek I hope so because it will get shut down real fast. One thing most people hate more than being told their privileged is then being told they have to literally pay for it.

Oliver Onions

Stop sinning, that's literally all you have to do.
kiwifarms.net
So i stopped watching his vids a while ago but decided after seeing the replies here to look at this one. 3 points (he manages to cram a lot of bullshit into 15 minutes but I cant be bothered to address them all)
What's really funny is how this is a total rehash of what feminists like Dame Anita Sarkeesian were moaning about almost a decade ago. We want more prominent female characters in games, but you're not allowed to have anything bad happen to them or give them any character flaws because that makes women look human instead of perfect.

What we got as a result was a period of really shitty characters, like the rebooted Lara Croft who comes across as an amoral psychopath as opposed to her old James Bond-esque quippy incarnation or her male contemporaries like Nathan Drake.

From my limited understanding, what Jim is asking for is exactly what comics currently have with their LGBT representation: utterly shallow token characters who are defined by their sexuality/gender and who only know how speak in Joss Whedon snark or spout TL;DR polemics about how much they hate straight white men. Ask the comics buffs what wonders that's done for book sales.

We absolutely do not need troons advising how to write trans characters because we've already seen how they fetishise their own lives; in fact I'm pretty sure there was recently an infamous Fallout New Vegas mod made by an assortment of perverts that outlines exactly what we could hope to expect if they took the reigns.

Mr Pancakes

kiwifarms.net
From my limited understanding, what Jim is asking for is exactly what comics currently have with their LGBT representation: utterly shallow token characters who are defined by their sexuality/gender and who only know how speak in Joss Whedon snark or spout TL;DR polemics about how much they hate straight white men. Ask the comics buffs what wonders that's done for book sales.

We absolutely do not need troons advising how to write trans characters because we've already seen how they fetishise their own lives; in fact I'm pretty sure there was recently an infamous Fallout New Vegas mod made by an assortment of perverts that outlines exactly what we could hope to expect if they took the reigns.
Nothing will ever be good enough for jim. Also I dont actually buy that he cares about female characters or even queer characters getting beat up, I think its all optics because hes a troon now so its a "you scratch my back, i'll scratch yours" its wasnt that long ago we was wishing rape on real women. Being outraged about this brings in the coins, I really dont buy hes saying all this because he gives a shit.
And yeah this reminds me of brianna wu's game, troon are very fetishy but I dont play fallout new vegas, could you tell me more? Im kinda afraid to google, anything involving troons is always nsfw.

Oliver Onions

kiwifarms.net
Nothing will ever be good enough for jim. Also I dont actually buy that he cares about female characters or even queer characters getting beat up, I think its all optics because hes a troon now so its a "you scratch my back, i'll scratch yours" its wasnt that long ago we was wishing rape on real women. Being outraged about this brings in the coins, I really dont buy hes saying all this because he gives a shit.
And yeah this reminds me of brianna wu's game, troon are very fetishy but I dont play fallout new vegas, could you tell me more? Im kinda afraid to google, anything involving troons is always nsfw.
I wonder if he's perhaps angling for some contract work to these developers, like that time Valve invited him to consult on their Greenlight problems, only to realise he's actually an uneducated moron who only knows how to screech about obvious problems, but actually understands nothing about running something as complex as a peer-reviewed early access system.

Our Dear Leader himself did a podcast about the particular mod, I don't think it's on the official channel any more but there's an archive here; I've skipped to the appropriate section but the entire show is worth a listen if you have the time.

Oliver Onions

kiwifarms.net
Apologies for the double post, and it's largely tangential but amused me and so I wanted to point out: Jon 'Jew safari' Jafari just put out his second video of the year, and in 12 hours it's got over half the views Jim now gets in an average month.
Screenshot 2021-06-08 at 12-26-29 JonTronShow - YouTube.pngScreenshot 2021-06-08 at 12-28-35 Jim Sterling's YouTube Stats (Summary Profile) - Social Blad...png

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
kiwifarms.net
Apologies for the double post, and it's largely tangential but amused me and so I wanted to point out: Jon 'Jew safari' Jafari just put out his second video of the year, and in 12 hours it's got over half the views Jim now gets in an average month.
View attachment 2242644View attachment 2242646
That's a slightly unfair comparison. Everybody rushes to whatever JonTron posts because they want to be the first to get these sweet, sweet reaction clips. The guy's videos are just an open pit mine for memes.

Oliver Onions

kiwifarms.net
That's a slightly unfair comparison. Everybody rushes to whatever JonTron posts because they want to be the first to get these sweet, sweet reaction clips. The guy's videos are just an open pit mine for memes.
I know it was low-hanging fruit, I just noticed it on my feed and it made me laugh so I thought I'd share.

And I hope you're not suggesting Jim is not also a meme machine. Who could forget the hilarious and not remotely forced 'NOW THAT'S PUNK' meme created when announcing he started on the titty skittles.

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
kiwifarms.net
I know it was low-hanging fruit, I just noticed it on my feed and it made me laugh so I thought I'd share.

And I hope you're not suggesting Jim is not also a meme machine. Who could forget the hilarious and not remotely forced 'NOW THAT'S PUNK' meme created when announcing he started on the titty skittles.
Oh, come on. Jim's memes are sad and spiteful. Jon at least still has fun with his shit, and it shows in his reaction memes.

Also, much like his videos, Jimbo's memes have a very short expiry date. "NOW THAT'S PUNK!" is never going to be as evergreen as Jon's "I'LL TAKE YOUR ENTIRE STOCK".

I will agree with you, though. One dude posting every three months making more views than Jimbo's entire monthly output in twelve hours is just... god damn it, why don't we have a chef's kiss emoji in this site? Well, I'll have to make do with :story:

Edit: holy shit the site is running like ass right now.

Oliver Onions

kiwifarms.net
Oh, come on. Jim's memes are sad and spiteful. Jon at least still has fun with his shit, and it shows in his reaction memes.

Also, much like his videos, Jimbo's memes have a very short expiry date. "NOW THAT'S PUNK!" is never going to be as evergreen as Jon's "I'LL TAKE YOUR ENTIRE STOCK".

I will agree with you, though. One dude posting every six three making more views than Jimbo's entire monthly output in twelve hours is just... god damn it, why don't we have a chef's kiss emoji in this site? Well, I'll have to make do with :story:
Oh yeah I love Jon don't misunderstand --I still regularly use 'anything can be bought and sold for the right OIL'-- I was just making fun of Jim's pathetic attempts to do the same with Milhouse-tier attempts at memetic phrases.

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
kiwifarms.net
Oh yeah I love Jon don't misunderstand --I still regularly use 'anything can be bought and sold for the right OIL'-- I was just making fun of Jim's pathetic attempts to do the same with Milhouse-tier attempts at memetic phrases.
The comparison of Jimbo to a whale is a very appropriate one. Besides his size and his love of overpaying for plastic crap no one really cares about, he's currently beached and floundering for relevance. I'm sure he thought he'd rise as a shining star as soon as he put that wig and terrible makeup on, and I'm also sure his newfound "YAAAS KWEEN" sycophants make him feel like it, but the truth is that the emperor not only has no clothes, he's not even an emperor. He's just a sad, powerless man living an agreed-upon lie. It would be sad if Jimbo hadn't always been such an unpleasant person.

TB was known to be difficult, but he made an (usually successful) effort to be professional. Yahtzee was a fucking sperg in his early years but these days he keeps his head down and doesn't engage with idiots. Jimbo was always a preening prima-donna trying to shock his way into relevance. If the Digital Homicide lawsuit hadn't happened, and if much better commentators like TB himself hadn't rightfully come to his defense and given him that huge boost of engagement, unwittingly placing him in his position as a "consumer advocate", Jim would have faded away much sooner. We'd be talking about him with the same terms we use for Spoony.

I really shouldn't type like that this early in the morning...

instythot

kiwifarms.net
Original:
Archive (480p):
View attachment 2239730
Two things:

This is so fucking disingenuous. It's a fighting game. How do you include queers without the queers getting beaten up sometimes? The flipside is that the queers win sometimes too. It's like they're being treated like anyone else which, according to what I've been hearing from the rainbow stasi all my life, is exactly what the queers have been asking for

Second, does anyone but Fat James care about this? I have seen exactly zero coverage of this aside from his video

The Lawgiver

We all know what happens to alien spies.
kiwifarms.net
Two things:

This is so fucking disingenuous. It's a fighting game. How do you include queers without the queers getting beaten up sometimes? The flipside is that the queers win sometimes too. It's like they're being treated like anyone else which, according to what I've been hearing from the rainbow stasi all my life, is exactly what the queers have been asking for

Second, does anyone but Fat James care about this? I have seen exactly zero coverage of this aside from his video
Considering they issued an apology yeah the political side of games journalism and twitumblr types got really flustered over being able to beat up poison ivy as a special boss event.

Cardenio

Earthrocker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Two things:

You could have a special event where you have to play as Poison Ivy and beat up several opponents in a sort of Boss Rush event. But let's be real this is just a dumb Mobile timewaster and they just synced it with awkward timing. Nobody would have cared had this come out in a different month. This was just an excuse for Jimmy to spew bile at JK Rowling because Rowling doesn't see Jim as a woman, THE HORROR!

Anyway let's play a game of Good Gaming Youtuber vs Bad Gaming Youtuber. Youtuber Strat-Edgy reviews mostly FPS and RPG Games. Yesterday he uploaded a two and a half hour video about The Outer Worlds and discusses how he had a near-death experiences from an extenuating medical problem.

You know what's the difference, Strat-Edgy gives a shit about video games and he likes to discuss them. He's not just desperately trying to game the system as Youtube's algorithm prefers shorter videos. He also made this video because he thinks there's good qualities to The Outer Worlds a game he reviewed rather negatively last year. It's interesting to hear this guy talk about a flawed video game.

All I'm left thinking is with so many decent gaming commentators around why do people continue watching Jim's content unless it's for hate-watching? Jim is lazier and less likable than even Adam Sessler.

MrTroll

I know you can read MY thoughts, boy
kiwifarms.net

If we can push him down to 800k maybe he'll join Club 41. Come on people, time to do your part. I personally registered over 10000 youtube accounts and used them to subscribe to every major gaming youtuber, that way if any of them troon out, I can immediately unsubscribe with all of them and hopefully push them into suicidal depression.