Careercow Jim Sterling / James "Stephanie" Sterling / James Stanton/Sexton & in memoriam TotalBiscuit (John Bain) - One Gaming Lolcow Thread

• We are being DDoS attacked still and 12,000 people are reading about incest. Expect weird errors. Most should go away by refreshing. Registration and password reset emails are unavailable due to a DDoS attack on the email server.

Judge Holden

ON VACATION TILL 7TH AUGUST BECAUSE HOLY SHIT
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As with many other cases of contrived troonery, i feel folks are overthinking things.

99.9999% of the time, a troon like sterling is not motivated by some complex labyrinth of psychological manias and insanity and personal traumas stretching back to childhood with a dozen layers of subconscious twists and turns and whatnot.

He is motivated solely by wanting the automatic praise and prestige that comes with being part of a fashionable demographic, and because of probable autism/having developed zero emotional maturity during his childhood and teenage hears he has absolutely zero shame or fear of consequence for his antics that would generally prevent non-autists from doing such embarrassing bullshit for such petty gains.

This btw is also why him and his ilk seem almost like they are intentionally trying to make everyone on the planet hate trannies. They want attention so they act out as tryhard and extreme as possible inevitably in ways that disgust and annoy people who witness them, and as they have zero real personal stake in tranny shit they dont give a single shit of any consequences this may have.

Do not think of him as having even the slightest shred of sincerity with this bullshit. Think of him the way you would think of some old school reality TV retard who intentionally affects the persona and aesthetic he thinks will get him the most cameras pointed at him the longest.

Talking about him as if he is genuine with this schtick is like talking about Snooki as if she srsly wanted to be a professional wrestler/dancer/whatever instead of just a shameless camera whore

FoundNone

Honk
kiwifarms.net
E3 video. This time he decided to do it in his weird wrestling clown suit instead of his usual consoomer "steampunk" get-up. By doing so he's become an even bigger eyesore than usual.

Original:
Archive (480p):
View attachment 2281712
Well color me fucking surprised, Jimbo keeps doing less of his job (games journalism? critique? what is even his job anymore?) and focusing more on bullshit that noone cares about (looking like a blob in his shitty amateur wrestling).

Hmm I wonder why hes losing subs... We must all hate troons I guess.

PeriodicTrouble

kiwifarms.net
He lost 2000 subs today so it seems like it's only a matter of time before he gets back to 800K subs.
1624323023600.png

JabbasAnalFissure

kiwifarms.net
This guy made his career covering games. Now he releases a video telling his fans he’s not bothering to cover the biggest gaming event of the year. What would the point of subscribing to his channel be? There cannot possibly be 800,000 people interested in hearing him talk about the UbiSoft allegations that happened over a year ago.

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
kiwifarms.net
He lost 2000 subs today so it seems like it's only a matter of time before he gets back to 800K subs.
View attachment 2283595
I cannot recall anyone torpedoing their youtube channel this hard in a very long time. It's not even a sudden drop, it's just a constant stream of people saying "fuck it" and dropping out, without enough new people to plug up the holes.

I wonder where he's going to stabilize, though. As much fun as the 410k meme would be, my guess is around 600-700k. We all know a very large amount of subscriptions to large channels are older, inactive accounts, so between those and Jim's attempts at pandering to the woke he'll have a dead channel with sub 75k views on any video he publishes.

Also, if I may point out a purely technical problem with Jim's channel, here are two examples:

1624324459654.png

This is from Mid-2019

1624324340414.png

This is his current content.

Ignore the fact that he's getting a lot fewer views with a lot more subscribers now. Look at the thumbnails instead. Jim's thumbnail game had never been his forte, but a lot of these older videos had highly readable text and easily identifiable graphics. Sure, the text was almost universally clickbait bullshit, but clickbait bullshit gets clicks. His Jimquisition logo was a bit hard to read since it was a photo overlaid atop a drawing, but it was easily identifiable as the "Jimquisition" logo. But look at what he's doing now. His face gets added to nearly every single video, since all he produces is Jimquisition with the occasional Jimpression these days.

Worse: his visual identity was already hard to read in a thumbnail, what with the pasty face, the black suit and red accessories. With that shockingly red wig he's got on now, and with how he's taken to alternating between dressing like Discount Goldust and your Great-Aunt Mavis (you know the one), not only there's no visual identity to tie everything together anymore, his already cluttered thumbnails are having an even more difficult time grabbing eyeballs.

In short, it's not just the quality of his content that has dropped. The presentation is also in the toilet.

Jazz never died!

I didn't choose the cuck life, it chose me.
kiwifarms.net
Jim is mad at old wrestlers for mocking him

Yep, George "SuperBunnyHop" Weidman does a yearly video where he talks about total unknown indies that come into inbox.

They're frankly oddball little games that probably just get played by the creators and the friends in their social circle. But an actual game journalist like George takes the time to tinker with them and talk about them because he loves video games and is interested in oddball titles. It helps his channel because viewers like me enjoy hearing about these little games and it helps the developers get much needed attention.

Jim Sterling hates video games, he's honest with that. He can't be asked more than to just give some positive praise to an acclaimed game like Plague Tale. He's just a lazy fuck. With his huge influence I'm sure the devs who made that Penguin Skateboarding game would send him an alpha to the game assuming they haven't already. But that would require Jim to actually play the game when instead he can just lazily prattle on about how cute the game is. Which is the kind of game journalism my mother could do.

Even when Jim was a real journalist he was profoundly lazy. He'll take credit for the cult following Deadly Premonition has, but if you look at that old review you'll know he was just ironically mocking it calling it a "trainwreck."

He's a hack that fell ass backwards into success. He has this huge hateboner for Ubisoft but he can't even try to make contact with the people making these allegations like Jason Schierer made a career out of.
George hates gaming though, at least he puts effort in his overated reviews.

Last edited by a moderator:

AngryTreeRat

Meds aren't working. Better get new ones.
kiwifarms.net
Personally I enjoyed E3, because I approached it the same way I always do: Watch the livestreams archives and skip through the shit I don't care about.
I enjoyed it as well, because I mocked it on a stream when it was shit and took notes of noted trends for professional reasons while I was at it.

Also to prove I'm better than Jim at his job, here's a take:

E3 2021 had a noted increase in games from Eastern European studios compared to the previous 5 years. This shows the, until now, smaller and niche game industry in that part of the world is coming into its own and may have finally hit critical mass to truly enter the mainstream gaming spheres. This will bring new takes on existing genres and potential new genres as a new culture of game development comes into its own.
A person who didn’t have a bunch of mental illnesses could have taken this premise, about how an act of passion can become an act of obligation, and how it can be hard to return to the former after seeing how the sausage is made for so long, and make a compelling video about it. But with Jim we get this instead.
I'm pretty sure anyone who has a scheduled weekly hobby, like being a TTRPG game master or playing in some minor league sports ball, has felt this at least once. Jim however only wants to see the bad in the games industry, he doesn't want to ever celebrate the victories or even attempt to renew his passion.
I think the comparison with 3rd wave feminism is very à-propos because this is probably a very general tendency of civil rights movement who have gotten most of what they can reasonably ask for.

After that point, who remains actively campaigning except those who still want more, i.e the crazies ? Because saying "Yeah things are going alright" isn't much of a political calling, let alone one that will get air time/clicks/comments on any media.

As vicious as that paradigm might be, it's just how it works.
To bring up something gaming related and a bit relevant to this site. Back during the Gamergate mess there were basically four sides to it all. Those who were getting pissed about games journalists making a farce of hobby and peoples interest in it through their coverage (I was part of this group, still am), the anti-SJW group which got all the attention since it made it easier for the journos to play victim and make it look like all gamers are nazis, the journos who wanted to play victim because they hated gamers anyways, and finally the SJWs trying to invade and infect yet another space with their bullshit and try and pretend that it was one bitch fucking one guy for a good review on her game about mental illness and not at all the culmination of years of gaming sites being fucking failures at their fucking jobs.

After the big event the first group, those who were pissed off about journos not doing their fucking jobs, didn't ever just go away. You still see them pop up when some basic journalistic ethics aren't being followed, however since the big blow up I have read probably a dozen or more reviews that had a disclaimer at the top about a potential conflict of interests, I remember one for some weird platformer that got sent to a discord I lurk where someone was like "shouldn't you guys be angry he reviewed this game so well? He's fucking the developer!" and the entire mentality was "yeah, we know, its literally the first line after the title disclosing the bias. That is all any of us want." The movement, if you want to call it that, has gone into a watchdog state. It isn't crusading for new policies on these big websites, it is just making sure none of them are doing shady shit and calling them out on it when they do.

Civil rights movements need to do similar. I don't call myself a feminist, and I sure as fuck am not an Alphabet Legion Activist, but if someone tried to say "you know what, lets pass some laws that fuck over women and legalize the killing of troons" I'd still pop my head up and say "oi, faggots. Don't fuckin' do that fuckin' shit. That shit ain't fuckin' right." Instead we don't get a watchdog group, we get rioters and protestors. These SJWs don't know how to handle peace times, so like any empire from history with way too big of a military and nothing to use them for, they manufacture excuses to go to war.
I cannot recall anyone torpedoing their youtube channel this hard in a very long time. It's not even a sudden drop, it's just a constant stream of people saying "fuck it" and dropping out, without enough new people to plug up the holes.

I wonder where he's going to stabilize, though. As much fun as the 410k meme would be, my guess is around 600-700k. We all know a very large amount of subscriptions to large channels are older, inactive accounts, so between those and Jim's attempts at pandering to the woke he'll have a dead channel with sub 75k views on any video he publishes.

Also, if I may point out a purely technical problem with Jim's channel, here are two examples:

View attachment 2283654
This is from Mid-2019

View attachment 2283641
This is his current content.

Ignore the fact that he's getting a lot fewer views with a lot more subscribers now. Look at the thumbnails instead. Jim's thumbnail game had never been his forte, but a lot of these older videos had highly readable text and easily identifiable graphics. Sure, the text was almost universally clickbait bullshit, but clickbait bullshit gets clicks. His Jimquisition logo was a bit hard to read since it was a photo overlaid atop a drawing, but it was easily identifiable as the "Jimquisition" logo. But look at what he's doing now. His face gets added to nearly every single video, since all he produces is Jimquisition with the occasional Jimpression these days.

Worse: his visual identity was already hard to read in a thumbnail, what with the pasty face, the black suit and red accessories. With that shockingly red wig he's got on now, and with how he's taken to alternating between dressing like Discount Goldust and your Great-Aunt Mavis (you know the one), not only there's no visual identity to tie everything together anymore, his already cluttered thumbnails are having an even more difficult time grabbing eyeballs.

In short, it's not just the quality of his content that has dropped. The presentation is also in the toilet.
I don't know why he didn't just stick to this logo, it was clearly identifiable, and could be slapped in a corner easily. You could then add any text needed elsewhere.
1624328463902.png

If he wants to include his image on these videos, well, it is worth noting his brand would actually work pretty good with a pop art portrait done with the palette of red, a darker red, white and black. It also wouldn't've ever been too hard to transition from the "dictator" persona to the "circus ring leader" persona to the "crazy man thinking he is a woman" persona and into the, inevitable, "Z-list wrestler" persona if he had done so. Honestly, he should just go through his entire back catalog and redo each thumbnail with such a bit of art depending on which era it is from, to help his "fans" follow his evolution as a "character".

EDIT: I hit post then immediately remembered, he has this revised version of the logo I posted above he could be using to give identity.

1624328963289.png

Jazz never died!

kiwifarms.net
Fuck really? I haven't followed wrestling that closely since CM Punk left, and just kinda assumed a community that worshipped the "problematic" attitude era would be able to resist the incoming troon and sjw menace. if wrestling has been lost to the sjw's, literally what's left? anything nerds like is full of woke tards and troons grooming now :(
New Japan is the only good wrestleing now. I mean for fuck sakes i started rewatching wrestling from 1995 one of the worst years of wrestling by the woke smart fans. Still more memorable and better than anything Raw did since Cm Punk left. Wrasling is dead has been dead and all i can do is laugh. This is what happens when you kill kayfabe and everyone knows its scripted. So why not go full scripted.

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2283595
Everything Jim has uploaded since the 900k sub video has been bursting at the seams with so much seething retardation targeted directly at the viewer it's impossible for it to not be a deliberate effort to drive people away so his belief of victimhood remains fed.

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
kiwifarms.net
I don't know why he didn't just stick to this logo, it was clearly identifiable, and could be slapped in a corner easily. You could then add any text needed elsewhere.
View attachment 2283823
If he wants to include his image on these videos, well, it is worth noting his brand would actually work pretty good with a pop art portrait done with the palette of red, a darker red, white and black. It also wouldn't've ever been too hard to transition from the "dictator" persona to the "circus ring leader" persona to the "crazy man thinking he is a woman" persona and into the, inevitable, "Z-list wrestler" persona if he had done so. Honestly, he should just go through his entire back catalog and redo each thumbnail with such a bit of art depending on which era it is from, to help his "fans" follow his evolution as a "character".

EDIT: I hit post then immediately remembered, he has this revised version of the logo I posted above he could be using to give identity.

View attachment 2283845
You know what's really fucking sad? That second logo could have straight-up been used as an April 1st in his channel 5 or so years ago. As a My Little Pony gag, for example. In 2021, though? I would not be surprised if he started using it seriously.

Also, his visual branding during the Escapist years was a lot better, probably because there was an actual graphic designer doing the job there:
1624329958380.png

I find it much easier to identify that with him than whatever he's taken to using since. Because sure, it's a photo, but it's universally large in the thumbnails and it's very heavily filtered to wash out unnecessary details and the color scheme is very striking.

Actually, maybe that's why he dropped the logo. Red-white-black is probably a bit of a faux-pas in this age of calling anyone you dislike a Nazi.

Last edited:

Jazz never died!

kiwifarms.net
Thanks bro the replies is why i sent it cringe of the century. Love the gay journo protecting the Last of Us 2 a average game with a insulting story worst being a sequel to one of the most respected games of the PS3.

You know what's really fucking sad? That second logo could have straight-up been used as an April 1st in his channel 5 or so years ago. As a My Little Pony gag, for example. In 2021, though? I would not be surprised if he started using it seriously.

Also, his visual branding during the Escapist years was a lot better, probably because there was an actual graphic designer doing the job there:
View attachment 2283893
I find it much easier to identify that with him than whatever he's taken to using it. Because sure, it's a photo, but it's universally large in the thumbnails and it's very heavily filtered to wash out unnecessary details and the color scheme is very striking.

Actually, maybe that's why he dropped the logo. Red-white-black is probably a bit of a faux-pas in this age of calling anyone you dislike a Nazi.
Is that Jim Cornette. The only thing they have in common is they hate Orangeman.

AngryTreeRat

kiwifarms.net

View attachment 2283893
I find it much easier to identify that with him than whatever he's taken to using since. Because sure, it's a photo, but it's universally large in the thumbnails and it's very heavily filtered to wash out unnecessary details and the color scheme is very striking.

I mean, I got that image from this address, and it is at the top of his website so I would argue he is using it seriously currently, or as seriously as Jim does anything related to his job.
screencapture-thejimquisition-2021-06-21-23_00_37.png

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
kiwifarms.net
I mean, I got that image from this address, and it is at the top of his website so I would argue he is using it seriously currently, or as seriously as Jim does anything related to his job.
View attachment 2283927
I'm going to assume that's the Pride Month variant of his website and not an actual switch to his brand. Otherwise he would have done it to his youtube since no one cares about his website.

Still, it's telling that he could be using it seriously. Jesus Christ, what an eyesore.

ETA: as @AngryTreeRat rightfully showed me, he is actually using it seriously. I stand corrected.

Last edited:

Pizdec

Blin it is good.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This guy made his career covering games. Now he releases a video telling his fans he’s not bothering to cover the biggest gaming event of the year. What would the point of subscribing to his channel be? There cannot possibly be 800,000 people interested in hearing him talk about the UbiSoft allegations that happened over a year ago.
You could make a drinking game with how much he talks about Ubisoft, it's ridiculous.

Trigger Me Timbers

Reformed Kekistani
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2283823

View attachment 2283845

I like that he changed up his logo. I have been listening to old eps because they for (some reason) make me a much better programmer and I like that I can easily identify in the thumbnails what eps will be like;

Jim with no Hat: God tier
Jim in a Bowler Hat: High tier/ Comfy tier
Jim in a Tophat with Red fetish shit: Ok to bleh tier
Jim in a Tophat with Pink fetish shit: Bleh to painful tier
Jim in a wig: DOGSHIT TIER DEAR GOD PUNCH OUT!

AngryTreeRat

kiwifarms.net
I'm going to assume that's the Pride Month variant of his website and not an actual switch to his brand. Otherwise he would have done it to his youtube since no one cares about his website.

Still, it's telling that he could be using it seriously. Jesus Christ, what an eyesore.
His website has looked like that for over a year now. So no, it's the serious variant.

Here is a Wayback Machine of it on March 10, 2020.

Yet it had the old "circus ring leader" era scheme on September 25, 2019.

That gives us a 5.5 month window for when it happened. Also I think you haven't looked at his channel properly in a while:

screencapture-youtube-user-jimsterling-2021-06-21-23_27_30 (1).png

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
kiwifarms.net
His website has looked like that for over a year now. So no, it's the serious variant.

Here is a Wayback Machine of it on March 10, 2020.

Yet it had the old "circus ring leader" era scheme on September 25, 2019.

That gives us a 5.5 month window for when it happened. Also I think you haven't looked at his channel properly in a while:

Holy fucking cache, Batman. I had to load his youtube page in incognito mode to see that version of the header. I was still seeing the old version on normal tabs.

Nevermind what I said and I apologize for the misunderstanding. This just keeps getting worse and worse.