Careercow Jim Sterling / James "Stephanie" Sterling / James Stanton/Sexton & in memoriam TotalBiscuit (John Bain) - One Gaming Lolcow Thread

Tonberry

Everyone's (Favorite) Grudge
kiwifarms.net
Because you're there to see Jim, baby! It doesn't matter what he says, does or looks like; he's such a charismatic personality and peerless comedian you'll tune in just to watch him fuck a box of Corn Flakes.

[This is what Jim Sterling actually believes.]

His latest video got me wondering, just how much do you think Jim must hate youtubers like cr1tikal? They both started out their current channel format at around the same time, yet their relationship with their audience couldn't be more different. Charlie can actually just upload whatever shit he feels like, without losing hundreds of subs. I could compare their videos on the Bobby Kotick scandal and say Charlie got ten times more views than Jim while doing even less research somehow (which is to be expected, since he pumps out two videos a day), but that would be way too easy.

Instead I'm gonna mention how a couple of weeks ago Charlie uploaded a short stupid video where he just walks around with a camera strapped around his crotch, and that video alone got more views than Jim got this entire month.
1637756878947.png

Without even taking the quality of his videos into question, dude's young, slim, handsome and actually has enough charisma or is at least able to make commentary interesting enough to allow him to put out whatever he feels like without his channel bleeding out from it. And he doesn't even need to use autistic toys or props to make his videos, his most popular ones are just him sitting in his room and talking to the camera. He's the complete opposite of Jim.

Last edited:

Scarmaiden

kiwifarms.net
Jim knows exactly what's alienating his audience, and if he really wanted he could make his videos very watchable again, but it's his entitlement that prevents him from doing that. He thinks he should be able to say "caaaapitalism" 30 times in a video and still get half a mil views, he thinks he should be able to mention he's troon/enby every other sentence and get a thousand new subs every day. I bet he considers current levels of sperging to be a compromise

cap.PNG

Turns out that dude he posted a bunch of pics with back in September is his Twitch mod
lovely weekend.PNG1.PNG
>Very in love with Janey, Laura and Steph
Don't tell me this dude is a cum dumpster for has a polycule with all 3 of them 🤢

Attachments

• FE62CadXwAMcFnA.jpeg
    FE62CadXwAMcFnA.jpeg
    266.9 KB · Views: 85

Oliver Onions

Stop sinning, that's literally all you have to do.
kiwifarms.net
His latest video got me wondering, just how much do you think Jim must hate youtubers like cr1tikal? They both started out their current channel format at around the same time, yet their relationship with their audience couldn't be more different. Charlie can actually just upload whatever shit he feels like, without losing hundreds of subs. I could compare their videos on the Bobby Kotick scandal and say Charlie got ten times more views than Jim while doing even less research somehow (which is to be expected, since he pumps out two videos a day), but that would be way too easy.

Instead I'm gonna mention how a couple of weeks ago Charlie uploaded a short stupid video where he just walks around with a camera strapped around his crotch, and that video alone got more views than Jim got this entire month.
View attachment 2747435

Without even taking the quality of his videos into question, dude's young, slim, handsome and actually has enough charisma or is at least able to make commentary interesting enough to allow him to put out whatever he feels like without his channel bleeding out from it. And he doesn't even need to use autistic toys or props to make his videos, his most popular ones are just him sitting in his room and talking to the camera. He's the complete opposite of Jim.
I've brought up Charlie numerous times in this thread when making comparisons to Jim, because it really is night and day, but also because it exposes an uncomfortable reality I think people are either unwilling to accept or simply unaware of when it comes to e-celebrity: Some people just aren't cut out for it, and there is a very hard ceiling. I like to call this mass delusion the Matt Jarbo Effect.

Love him or hate him, Charlie's strength is that he's always been an incredibly likeable guy. Even back when he was just a disembodied voice he still came across as a friendly guy with a goofy sense of humour, so it's really never mattered what the content of his videos is; people will turn up to see him riff on whatever he feels like. This has the unintended benefit that he can actually bring way more attention to stuff like the ActiBlizz controversy than a dozen videos of Jim spilling his spaghetti could ever hope to, but if that's of no interest to you there's a million other things to pick from (personally I only really watch his Moist Meters and slapping commentary, these days).

This model is what Jim desperately wants to copy --as evidenced by his failed attempts to break into amateur wrestling, streaming, toy reviews etc-- but he simply isn't appealing enough, and nothing he can do will change that. The hard reality for Jim is the only reason he became as popular as he did was because he took a relatively unique approach to tackling an already niche topic; there really was nothing else quite like The Jimquisition at its peak.

And peaked it most certainly has, which is why I maintain even without his troon meltdown Jim would never have cracked 1-million subs. He got as big as he was ever going to get and I think he knows it and that's a large part of where his resentment toward the JQ, gaming and his audience comes from; probably what prompted the trooning too.

He knows it's all downhill from here and he fucking hates it, but he also knows he has no other options at this stage in his life. It's an unenviable position to be in.

Shotgun Badger

kiwifarms.net
Jim knows exactly what's alienating his audience, and if he really wanted he could make his videos very watchable again, but it's his entitlement that prevents him from doing that. He thinks he should be able to say "caaaapitalism" 30 times in a video and still get half a mil views, he thinks he should be able to mention he's troon/enby every other sentence and get a thousand new subs every day. I bet he considers current levels of sperging to be a compromise

View attachment 2747490

Turns out that dude he posted a bunch of pics with back in September is his Twitch mod
View attachment 2747496View attachment 2747498
>Very in love with Janey, Laura and Steph
Don't tell me this dude is a cum dumpster for has a polycule with all 3 of them 🤢
Somebody a while back was wondering if Jim has a public humiliation fetish, I don't know if I'd quite go that far but he really does seem to have a problem with oversharing way too much information about his personal life ever since he trooned out. Just endlessly posting awkward selfies seeking vindication and letting everybody know about who's in his polycule and making sure that everybody can see his bondage ropes, dog collar and ball gag in his videos and selfies.

I find that to be one of the major signs that you are a troon, I've seen plenty of trans people that have a sense of privacy and division between their online profiles and their offline lives but people like Jim, or Chris Chan or many others, absolutely must make sure that everybody else has far too much information about things they otherwise probably shouldn't know. Its extra funny that he fear mongers so much about the danger that trans people live under and how this is like being a jew in 30s Germany all the while making as much publicly available information about themselves and their close associates as obvious as possible even towards JK Rowling's roving band of TERF Sturmabteilungs.

Kevin Grumbles

kiwifarms.net
Somebody a while back was wondering if Jim has a public humiliation fetish, I don't know if I'd quite go that far but he really does seem to have a problem with oversharing way too much information about his personal life ever since he trooned out. Just endlessly posting awkward selfies seeking vindication and letting everybody know about who's in his polycule and making sure that everybody can see his bondage ropes, dog collar and ball gag in his videos and selfies.

I find that to be one of the major signs that you are a troon, I've seen plenty of trans people that have a sense of privacy and division between their online profiles and their offline lives but people like Jim, or Chris Chan or many others, absolutely must make sure that everybody else has far too much information about things they otherwise probably shouldn't know. Its extra funny that he fear mongers so much about the danger that trans people live under and how this is like being a jew in 30s Germany all the while making as much publicly available information about themselves and their close associates as obvious as possible even towards JK Rowling's roving band of TERF Sturmabteilungs.
The guy uploaded a picture of his face covered in his own cum to social media. While he does have a lot of things riding the edgy/shock humor line, that one made me realize that he wasn't joking at all about fucking those pogs.

Pretty sure we can make a safe bet on the humilation fetish. Hell, if anything his half-assed show of trooning out could probably be attributed at some level to knowing full well he was setting off a tidal wave of criticism he'd be able to get off to rather than simply being your average oversharing autist trying to convince all the girls that wouldn't date him that he's prettier than they are.

Hyro

kiwifarms.net
The guy uploaded a picture of his face covered in his own cum to social media. While he does have a lot of things riding the edgy/shock humor line, that one made me realize that he wasn't joking at all about fucking those pogs.

Pretty sure we can make a safe bet on the humilation fetish. Hell, if anything his half-assed show of trooning out could probably be attributed at some level to knowing full well he was setting off a tidal wave of criticism he'd be able to get off to rather than simply being your average oversharing autist trying to convince all the girls that wouldn't date him that he's prettier than they are.
I mean he made an entire video about how fallout 4 has polyamory (cuckolding) and has been very TMI about being polyamorous (into cuckolding) so there is a 100% chance of him having a humiliation fetish. I would say there's a good chance dressing up like a retard and showing himself taking estrogen on camera is one big public humiliation thing.

AngryTreeRat

Meds aren't working. Better get new ones.
kiwifarms.net
if Jim did a Jimqusition that was edited full of voice clips used in past jimqusitions, i dont think anyone would notice.
I opened up my editing software to test this and grabbed a downloader, then I opened Jim's channel and realized... I would have to listen to Jim's videos to fetch clips...

Burning Fanatic

Lvl. 12 Necroposter
Forum Staff
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've brought up Charlie numerous times in this thread when making comparisons to Jim, because it really is night and day, but also because it exposes an uncomfortable reality I think people are either unwilling to accept or simply unaware of when it comes to e-celebrity: Some people just aren't cut out for it, and there is a very hard ceiling. I like to call this mass delusion the Matt Jarbo Effect.

Love him or hate him, Charlie's strength is that he's always been an incredibly likeable guy. Even back when he was just a disembodied voice he still came across as a friendly guy with a goofy sense of humour, so it's really never mattered what the content of his videos is; people will turn up to see him riff on whatever he feels like. This has the unintended benefit that he can actually bring way more attention to stuff like the ActiBlizz controversy than a dozen videos of Jim spilling his spaghetti could ever hope to, but if that's of no interest to you there's a million other things to pick from (personally I only really watch his Moist Meters and slapping commentary, these days).

This model is what Jim desperately wants to copy --as evidenced by his failed attempts to break into amateur wrestling, streaming, toy reviews etc-- but he simply isn't appealing enough, and nothing he can do will change that. The hard reality for Jim is the only reason he became as popular as he did was because he took a relatively unique approach to tackling an already niche topic; there really was nothing else quite like The Jimquisition at its peak.

And peaked it most certainly has, which is why I maintain even without his troon meltdown Jim would never have cracked 1-million subs. He got as big as he was ever going to get and I think he knows it and that's a large part of where his resentment toward the JQ, gaming and his audience comes from; probably what prompted the trooning too.

He knows it's all downhill from here and he fucking hates it, but he also knows he has no other options at this stage in his life. It's an unenviable position to be in.
Ironically, I believe that when Charlie put out his recent video covering the Activision-Blizzard dumpster fire, he referenced YongYea's video, Jim's competition, at least once or twice. Yong may not be all that interesting of a creator, but at least he puts out some fairly straightforward coverage in regards to gaming news. Jim I doubt would have big creators like Charlie referencing their videos, considering just how the average viewer would have to sit through so much screeching and weird skits just to get to the main point.

AsbestosFlaygon

shitmas anime avatars in current millennium
kiwifarms.net

I agree, Jim got popular because he was one of the first creators that covered these gaming controversies, it had little to do with himself. I can say at least personally that Jim Sterling was the first person I watched regularly that would talk about modern game industry issues like microtransactions on a regular basis. And I ended up dropping him because I hated his egotistical personality, and I felt that there were a lot more people talking about this crap by the later part of the 2010's that were doing a better job.

AngryTreeRat

kiwifarms.net
Let us know when they're done or at least when you've drank whiskey and prescription tylenol, cut your wrists, and took a nice warm bath
I did a prototype, it's doable, the first thing I need to do is find a topic. Short of making something up that's fictional, I need to pick a video that I will remake using clips from other videos, and find time to break it down enough to know what I need to find. I am thinking the GTA video.

If anyone wants to help with the project, it increases the likelihood I won't reenact Thirteen Reasons Why as good Mr @TheGuntinator suggested I might, and in fact finish the audio splicing without blowing my brains out. I only intend to make an audio file. I am not making a full video. No one has time for that.

I have a text dump of his (actually uploaded, and not autogenerated) subtitles attached, with a less awfully formatted version in the spoiler, you'll find that far easier to read and a less annoying way to get the gist of his video. Just find clips that can convey each points in other videos he's done with time stamps and PM me. I intend to at least take a jab at it myself later, but it will take a long time to watch his back catalog and will require frequent pauses to watch enjoyable content as a palette cleanser. I intend to cover from 2:23 to 12:31. You know, the actual meat of the video. The scripted portion where he has a point he's trying to make.

[Singer] I could do without monday morning. Stumblin' outta bed and yawnin'. Didn't get home 'til a quarter to three, I
could do with a D. [James Stephanie Sterling] Ya see?
Do you feel a little bit better now? Just, just a little bit better? Oh, hello there everyone, it's me James Stephanie Sterling, bitch, and I'm here with my long term boyfriend Rude Ralph, whose been feeling a little bit down lately, a little bit, a little bit self conscious. He's worried that he doesn't look all that attractive. A little bit down on his looks. So I thought I'd show him Grand Theft Auto: Definitive Edition, to let him know that things could be worse. He could be an even uglier piece of fucking shit.

Ah yes, oh shit. Ah yes, Grand Theft Auto: Definitive Edition, let's talk about that, shall we? I had another script already planned, I wrote it days ago, that was efficient, thought I'd save time right now, but no, here we are, with a completely different episode because how could I not talk about the Grand Theft Auto The Definitive Edition, so let's do that right now, shall we? Yes we shall. At least I didn't drop it.

[Editor's note: there is a far too long portion of just dumb clips of the game being buggy here. Lazy cunt trying to pad out his video.]

[Singer] I could do with a D.

[Editor's note: This is where the meat of the video starts]

[JSS] Holy heck, those so-called Grand Theft Auto “Definitive Editions” are *fucking* shit, huh? Like, incredible levels of pathetic fucking shit. Like, “Rockstar Games Wearing Its Overwhelming Arrogance On Its Sleeve” levels of awful, wretched, laughable fucking shit. This past week, Rockstar Games released the GTA Trilogy out into the world, marketed as enhanced and improved versions of the original PlayStation 2 titles, GTA III, GTA Vice City, and GTA San Andreas. The problem is, these rereleases are pissing awful. The so-called “enhanced” visuals are miserable - the reworked character models look warped and creepy, and while some people claim it overall looks great, I frankly don’t see it. I’m playing it on Switch, and while it looks fine enough handheld, on TV all the visuals look smooshed. Though there are indeed some improvements to, say, the lighting, textures are in many places broken and misaligned, and the game is littered with glaring bugs that are currently being shared all over the shop on Twitter. On top of that, the trilogy’s performance is complete dogshit, with framerate drops that seem like a joke when you consider how old these games are, and how they really, really shouldn’t be running like they’re taxing on any modern piece of hardware.

For many folks, though, these aren’t problems. Indeed, some won’t even agree with me that it looks particularly ugly, even though it really is fucking hideous. What can’t be forgiven, however, is the complete shitshow surrounding this release, which highlights Rockstar’s perpetual sense of self-importance and smug autosatisfication.

Firstly, Rockstar pulled the scumbag move of removing digital versions of these games’ original releases, a cheap and contemptuous method of falsely upping the value of the new versions. This is one of the game industry’s favorite tricks - don’t sell something based on what you’re offering, but what you’ve taken away. With the original versions of these games no longer available on Steam, PSN, or the Xbox Marketplace, anybody looking to play via these services are now railroaded into the hilariously titled “Definitive” Edition. An edition which, by the way, isn’t even definitive. Due to licensing issues, because fuck the parasitic music industry, the original soundtracks for the trilogy have seen a number of cuts. Now, while this can’t entirely be laid at the feet of Rockstar, you can hardly claim that these rereleases are “definitive” when they don’t define the original experience, when content has literally been cut. Luckily the Electric Light Orchestra's Four Little Diamonds is still in Vice City. I know literally everybody watching this has, like myself, been terrified that ELO won't be featured, because ELO is an amazing band, even though Four Little Diamonds is admittedly one of its weaker songs. Indeed Secret Messages, the tenth studio album by ELO, released in 1983, is seen as one of the weaker of the company's releases. Certainly no Out of the Blue. Though, ironically, it itself features a number of cut songs which if the original plan for a double album had been realised could have made it one of the best. After all, Hello My Old Friend is a heck of a song. Rather than Four Little Diamonds, I'd have put one of the songs from the previously released album Time in there, a fantastic concept album with some absolute banger tracks. Christ. None of that was in the original script. Furthermore, and we can’t blame the parasitic music industry for this one, a number of cheats have been removed, with Rockstar citing “technical reasons.” Again, for many this won’t be a dealbreaker, but the fact remains that these versions simply aren’t definitive.

So, the games are broken, buggy, ugly, and not as complete as the originals. On top of that, clear corners were cut when creating these glorified polished ports. It’s been pointed out that text in the games’ environments is riddled with spelling mistakes, seemingly caused as a result of the devs automating the process of upscaling the visuals. Basically, it’s been suggested an AI simply guessed at what the environmental text was saying, leading to a number of background jokes, such as they are, becoming thoroughly mangled. For example, there’s a sign for a hotdog place in Vice City, Shaft Hot Dogs. In the original game, the tagline for the store reads, “The Taste of a Real Man’s Meat.” Yeah, cute enough. In the Definitive Edition, it reads “The Taste of a Real Man’s Heat,” which makes absolutely no fucking sense. Another sign has gone from saying “Guitar Wank Booths Available” to “Guitar Henk Booths Available” which… fucking what? The number 9 on the back of a jersey in San Andreas appears to have been pasted over what was once a 7.

Developer notes have been found left in the game’s code, along with the unlicensed songs that were cut from the final release, and speaking of things left in, the notorious “Hot Coffee” sex minigame continues to haunt the series, since code for that has been found lingering in San Andreas as well. Quite why or how this long-removed and controversial minigame, or the comments, has any trace of itself in these releases is unknown, but one thing has been agreed upon - it really shouldn’t be in there, but the product is so fucking slapdash that it only seems fitting.

[Announcer] I could do with a D.

[Editor's note: This gag was added here to just fulfill the rule of three. Fuck Jim.]

[JSS] All of this is a mere appetizer for the shitty main event, however, and that’s the fact that GTA Trilogy on PC has been unplayable for days since its release. See, because Rockstar’s head is terminally jammed up its own arsehole, GTA Trilogy relies upon the propriety Rockstar Games Launcher in order to work. Except, the Rockstar Games Launcher wasn’t working when the game came out, so nobody could play the fucking trilogy. This extended to all other Rockstar titles on PC too, with even offline and single-player games, like the definitive edition, tied to the company’s shitty online launcher that nobody asked for. And game publishers, do please note that nobody has EVER asked for your shitty little launchers. Bethesda, nobody asked. Ubisoft, nobody asked, whether it comes to your launcher or your sexual harassment of your staff. And Rockstar? Nobody *fucking* asked. Steam is perfectly good enough to launch these games. Bespoke launchers do nothing to enhance the experience, they only stand as yet another barrier between the player and the game they paid good fucking money for, and when you can’t even keep it up during an important game launch, what’s the fucking point of you or the unwanted, woefully inefficient middleperson you’re making your customers go through? Dickheads. But it still manages to get even more laughable than that. Despite the launcher returning, GTA Trilogy remains unavailable on PC as its been pulled from sale entirely. Rockstar is citing the need to “remove files unintentionally included” with the game, which it wouldn’t have had to do if the games weren’t cheaply and hurriedly cobbled together with duct tape and jizz. It’s clear that this disastrous puddle of cold piss was made with cut corners and as a result, it’s a mess to the point of becoming a laughing stock.

A well deserved embarrassment for a company that treats itself like gaming royalty, that usually basks in the vomit of hype-driven praise that invariably accompanies its massively expensive, increasingly tedious games. As a result of this frankly insulting release, the GTA Trilogy has been thoroughly bombed by user reviews on Metacritic. At the time of talking, the PC version sits with over 2,000 user reviews, only the tiniest handful having anything positive to say. The vast, *vast* majority of reviews are overwhelmingly negative to the point of the game having a 0.5 average user score. God, I really fucked up reading that. The reviews note the ugly visuals and warped character models, the litany of bugs and glitches, the shitty textures, the poor performance, and the inability to use mods. Many have written the game off as more of an undercooked port than an actual remaster, and there’s plenty of people simply telling Rockstar and Grove Street Games to go fuck themselves. Ah, that's another 100 odd reviews since I wrote the script. I do like this 10 out of 10 review though. The game is incredible! This remaster is great! The Best Game! Wow amazing! If that's not sarcasm, I can only assume a rooster wrote it by pecking at the keyboard, and somehow came out with legible sentences in a monkey typewriter situation.

The other platforms aren’t doing so hot on the meta to the critic though either. The Series X sits at 0.5, and the Switch version boasts a slightly improved 0.6. But let’s hear it for the PS5 version, folks, WOOOO, which has the distinction of earning a 1.0 average score! Fuck yes. Oh, wait a minute, what? It dropped down to 0.9? Pfft. I had a whole sarcastic bit about the PS5 recorded. Oh well. That goes straight in the fucking bin.

Frankly I’d have taken a full remake of any single one of these games than a trilogy of embarrassments. Not least for the fact that, looking back, these games have aged so utterly poorly. Even with improvements to driving, combat, and general controls, all three games are rough and frustrating to play, with a number of poorly balanced missions and controls and movement that still remain frustrating even with an overhaul. I mean, let’s face facts people - GTA III is fucking shit. It’s a mess, and it always has been. An awkward first stumble in the bid to turn Grand Theft Auto from top-down PS1 game to fully 3D open world. Playing through it again, I fucking *hate* it. I completely fucking despise it. Vice City and San Adreas do better, but even they’re difficult to go back after so many years of improvements and strides made in open world game design. Regardless, if you still thing these games aren’t dated to fuck, the Definitive Edition will go down in history as one of the most pathetic releases ever squirted out by Rockstar, and one of the most awful rereleases in history, if not the *most* awful. And frankly Rockstar deserves it. Arrogant bunch of fucking cu-SKELLETON WARRIORS

[Editor's note: The important part is done. About fucking time.]

[Rude Ralph Noises]

Totally obnoxious. Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed today's episode on Grand Theft Auto The Definitive Edition The Trilogy. It's BAD! Y'know?

[Rude ralph noises]

So anyway, yeah, I'm just, like, sick of Rockstar's shit. It's been perpetuating its shit for years, where it tries to live up to its name, and thinks it's an actual rock star, and it's perpetuated a shitty abusive work culture. As some of you may have learned if you ever watched my video Fear and Fury: How the Rockstar Sausage is Made, I think it's called that, but anyway, we talk about some of the awful work culture that Rockstar has. To say nothing of how it treats press, and how it expects uncritical unwaivering praise. And, in general, Rockstar thinks it can just get away with things like issuing a really really shitty set of remasters, or have a really really shitty bespoke game launcher. And, I think it's, it's nice, it's just nice to see Rockstar get a well deserved and long overdue kick up the arse. I don't bare grudges. That's such a lie. Anyway, that'll do, I guess. Thank God for Me. Didn't drop it even once.

[Rude ralph sounds]

Obnoxious.
Ironically, I believe that when Charlie put out his recent video covering the Activision-Blizzard dumpster fire, he referenced YongYea's video, Jim's competition, at least once or twice. Yong may not be all that interesting of a creator, but at least he puts out some fairly straightforward coverage in regards to gaming news. Jim I doubt would have big creators like Charlie referencing their videos, considering just how the average viewer would have to sit through so much screeching and weird skits just to get to the main point.
I remember on a stream someone mentioned Jim Sterling to Charlie in chat and he said something to the effect of "I won't say anything about Jim because I don't like saying mean things about YouTubers and streamers who haven't done really awful shit already." Which is the most "I have nothing nice to say, so I shall say nothing at all" thing I've ever heard.
I agree, Jim got popular because he was one of the first creators that covered these gaming controversies, it had little to do with himself. I can say at least personally that Jim Sterling was the first person I watched regularly that would talk about modern game industry issues like microtransactions on a regular basis. And I ended up dropping him because I hated his egotistical personality, and I felt that there were a lot more people talking about this crap by the later part of the 2010's that were doing a better job.
I don't mind egos, assuming the person can still be entertaining with it. Jim, well he isn't. There's a fine line between "comically egotistical and obnoxious" and "just fucking obnoxious". Once upon the time Jim sat barely on one side of the line, then he stood up and raced past it by a lot.

Edit with a small after thought: I might start tossing in this little spoilers of his videos each week if I can find the time and be asked. It might be late though, Monday is a very busy day for me each week.

Attachments

• [English] Grand Theft Awful (The Jimquisition) [DownSub.com].txt
    12.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Oliver Onions

kiwifarms.net
Jim I doubt would have big creators like Charlie referencing their videos, considering just how the average viewer would have to sit through so much screeching and weird skits just to get to the main point.
That's a good point I hadn't even considered because I'm so used to his degeneracy at this point.

Imagine you were trying to explain the ActiBlizz thing to someone completely out of the loop, so you send them a Jim video for info and the first thing they see is a man in drag with a ball-gag in his mouth, wearing a shirt saying 'the gays can do whatever they want', waving 90s toys around and talking about his cock.

In an already niche sphere Jim has gone out of his way to make himself as unpalatable as possible to newcomers, but it's the Gamers™ who are to blame for his channel dying on the vine.

AngryTreeRat

kiwifarms.net
That's a good point I hadn't even considered because I'm so used to his degeneracy at this point.

Imagine you were trying to explain the ActiBlizz thing to someone completely out of the loop, so you send them a Jim video for info and the first thing they see is a man in drag with a ball-gag in his mouth, wearing a shirt saying 'the gays can do whatever they want', waving 90s toys around and talking about his cock.

In an already niche sphere Jim has gone out of his way to make himself as unpalatable as possible to newcomers, but it's the Gamers™ who are to blame for his channel dying on the vine.
So, to rig things in Jim's favour, I grabbed another crude and potentially off putting "niche" YouTuber in gaming space. SSethTzeentach. Sseth is a degenerate and far from politically correct. The algorithm doesn't like him, and he's going to offend many, and have others go "ummm do I want to watch a guy like this? What will it do to my recommended?" (What it does, BTW, is introduce to to other wonderful YouTubers) He mostly reviews niche indie titles and old PC games. Something that is fairly niche. He also makes "reviewtainment" something even more niche. So he's in the niche sphere of gaming content, in the more niche sphere of unpopular indie games and old game reviews, and in the more niche sphere of reviewtainment. He has... 998k Subs. So he beats Jim by ~146k subs, and that gap is growing as Jim drops and Sseth gains.

Sseth uploads when the stars say it is time it seems, and it hasn't been time in over four months. He gets an average of 563,843 views a week it per social blade at this time.

Jim uploads weekly at the minimum. He gets a weekly average of 476,658 views it seems.

Jim is 87,185 average views per week behind a guy that goes months between views and only beats him by ~146k subs. And Sseth is still, despite not uploading, getting an average of 1.86K subs a week. He's likely to hit 1m before the year is out. Jim is likely to hit 850k before the year is out. Jim is currently, at this time, at 852k subs.

That, I think, says it all. Jim is niche and off putting, Sseth is niche (arguably more so) and offensive, but is still bringing in the content.

Whitelight, someone even MORE niche, as he does long running form critique and retrospectives, and not in an entertainment format, has 386k subs, a weekly average of 129,598 views, and an upload schedule that looks a lot like Sseth's.

So if we compare their weekly views average to total subscribers we get the following "active" viewership proportions:

Jim: 55.94%
Sseth: 56.49%
Whitelight: 33.57%

When compared to two niche channels, who haven't uploaded in four months and one month respectively, he only beats out the weekly viewership of the latter, and that is someone who isn't seeking to be entertaining and does long form content resulting in an extremely niche genre of video (also, like, if you actually give a shit about video games and really dissecting them, go watch Whitelight, you might enjoy it).

Jim looks pretty bad, because I stacked the deck for him, and with far more recent content he's not making a great showing against these other channels which exist on long periods of hibernation while they research, script, record, and edit videos targeting some measure of quality over quantity.

Oliver Onions

kiwifarms.net
@AngryTreeRat You piqued my curiosity, so I wanted to compare Jim to my favourite niche channel with a similarly sporadic upload schedule (about 3 videos a year, on average).
Ahoy SB.png
Jim SB.png
Ahoy has uploaded 2 videos in 2021 and yet, on average, his monthly views aren't much different to Jim, and he absolutely blows him out the water in terms of sub gains.

tfw people would rather listen to a dude talk about explosive barrels in video games for 20 minutes than watch a gay rodeo clown rant about Capitalism for 10.

the_watcher

kiwifarms.net
I mean he made an entire video about how fallout 4 has polyamory (cuckolding) and has been very TMI about being polyamorous (into cuckolding) so there is a 100% chance of him having a humiliation fetish. I would say there's a good chance dressing up like a retard and showing himself taking estrogen on camera is one big public humiliation thing.
As someone versed in the public humiliation/exposed faggot cow-verse I can attest to the fact that Jim Sterling is one of those guys. Keep in mind that he seemingly derives pleasure the more depraved he is perceived as and the more shock his appearance and lived behaviour garner on bigger and bigger stages he exposes themselves on.

(Warning, click on links and videos at your own discretion, repulsive individuals)

Like we have guys like Norman Summerton that gained somewhat of a notoriety for getting "Pig" tattooed on his forehead, eating literal pig food on cam and uploading gross shit of himself, despite being a successful accountant in canada. Same with people like Stewart Bowman a Pullitzer Prize Winner for Photo-Journalism that now spends his days getting Gangbanged by 100s of blacks per month while smoking meth and uploading said things, pointing out how much of a "retarded faggot" he is, with the set goal that his name is more associated with being a disgusting person than a photographer.

Like it's one thing if you have a kink and keep it private between you and your partner and its another if your whole life becomes the kink and you do everything to destroy your previous achievements.

While we haven't seen any pornographic material of Jim yet, I am certain it is on it's way, as exposed faggot fetishists need to hit lower and lower points to get a kick out of their depravity.

If say the guys I mentioned above are at the deep end of the humiliation fag spectrum, Jim is still mid tier, but his kinks will grow stranger and stranger and their visibility will become all encompassing.

Him wanting to destroy his former image would be in line with the self proclaimed self hatred he perceived for his past upbringing etc, but that would be just armchair psychology. Still one can agree there is shit wrong with jim and it certainly isn't just that he wears dresses now.

AngryTreeRat

kiwifarms.net
As someone versed in the public humiliation/exposed faggot cow-verse I can attest to the fact that Jim Sterling is one of those guys. Keep in mind that he seemingly derives pleasure the more depraved he is perceived as and the more shock his appearance and lived behaviour garner on bigger and bigger stages he exposes themselves on.

(Warning, click on links and videos at your own discretion, repulsive individuals)

Like we have guys like Norman Summerton that gained somewhat of a notoriety for getting "Pig" tattooed on his forehead, eating literal pig food on cam and uploading gross shit of himself, despite being a successful accountant in canada. Same with people like Stewart Bowman a Pullitzer Prize Winner for Photo-Journalism that now spends his days getting Gangbanged by 100s of blacks per month while smoking meth and uploading said things, pointing out how much of a "retarded faggot" he is, with the set goal that his name is more associated with being a disgusting person than a photographer.

Like it's one thing if you have a kink and keep it private between you and your partner and its another if your whole life becomes the kink and you do everything to destroy your previous achievements.

While we haven't seen any pornographic material of Jim yet, I am certain it is on it's way, as exposed faggot fetishists need to hit lower and lower points to get a kick out of their depravity.

If say the guys I mentioned above are at the deep end of the humiliation fag spectrum, Jim is still mid tier, but his kinks will grow stranger and stranger and their visibility will become all encompassing.

Him wanting to destroy his former image would be in line with the self proclaimed self hatred he perceived for his past upbringing etc, but that would be just armchair psychology. Still one can agree there is shit wrong with jim and it certainly isn't just that he wears dresses now.
Fetishes inherently intensify as you get desensitized to them. There's a reason a lot of people in kink communities, even those deep in the life style, keep most of their kinks as a "sometimes" thing. Otherwise you see people who become completely dysfunctional in their lives as they are consumed by their fetishes, and depending on the kink it can end their lives. There's a reason the second most popular mantra in the BDSM scene, other than "Safe, sane, and consensual" is "Never give a masochist what they really want". Fetishes always intensify, and tops often find themselves in a position of protecting the bottoms from themselves and their own kinks.

The question was never "does Jim have some weird ass public kinks?" is always has been a matter of "what exactly is Jim's kink?", and that will determine how it grows. Many kinks can be subdivided into more and more precise kinks, and if not properly managed they will end in self destruction. If it is AGP then he will potentially cut his cock off, if it is just humiliation, and I suspect more specifically dehumanization, driving him towards this behaviour and wearing a dress is a form of humiliation for him then he'll move towards further dehumanization and humiliation.

The thing that makes me think it is just him seeking to be dehumanized and humiliated and not AGP personally is he is stripping himself of a humanizing gender and calling himself "gender trash", he's calling himself "James Stephanie Sterling" putting the fact he's not a woman first, while also declaring himself not a man, he allows himself to be cucked, he does humiliating things publicly, and is just straight up a degenerate who revels in being called out for it and calls attention to the hate he gets pushing more and more of his private life into the public light to get more. He's also long has had a history of dressing up, there's plenty of evidence out there of him hinting at being into puppy play and pony play, and we've seen how many times he's done some gimmick inhuman character. He's always been into being shocking and edgy, so the bar he needed to pass for anyone to notice was set a bit higher than most, and he'll need to keep pushing it higher and higher to get his fix. I fully agree we'll see pornographic material popping up once he crosses the crest of this hill and decides his patreon money is no longer worth not embracing his degenerate life style and goes all in, consequences be damned, and he runs straight into the most dehumanizing shit he can.