Careercow Jim Sterling / James "Stephanie" Sterling / James Stanton/Sexton & in memoriam TotalBiscuit (John Bain) - One Gaming Lolcow Thread

ThatDarnIrishMan

kiwifarms.net
That rings true as well. Between that and self-medicating with HRT - and presumably an off-label application of opiates - it all makes perfect sense. Jim is not a thick person, mentally. He must be aware this is a grift, and the drugs then suppress that guilt.

I dunno. Extracting money from the mentally ill because you've run up against the limitations of commenting on video games in a fun and engaging way is utterly grotesque, but then again, just look at the state of him.

Hey now.

You clearly forgot him saying how his career has been immensely hurt by coming out as Trans which is why he's so brave and it's definitely not an attention thing.

Its not like after he trooned out his Patreon actually went UP. Of course it's gone back down again because they initial sperg of support has died when people realise he's still just a sperg screaming about capitalism whilst his entire life has revolved around capitalism.

But obviously he meant his channel views totally died. Its not like they've remained largely the same and the only thing that left were subs that clearly didn't watch his shit anyway.

Oh...

Mister Mint

Gentleman Rapist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I dunno. Extracting money from the mentally ill because you've run up against the limitations of commenting on video games in a fun and engaging way is utterly grotesque, but then again, just look at the state of him.

I don't think he's grifting, entirely. I think he's genuinely mildly-to-middling mentally ill. I mean, just look at him. These aren't the actions of a mentally healthy person.

His greater problem, like @Pickle Inspector said, is that he has surrounded himself with enablers (or, more accurate, disablers) that encourage him to get worse and be even more mentally ill because mental illness makes you different and cool. When you're in a situation like that you start going over yourself with a fine toothed comb and start seeing illnesses that aren't there because you're desperate to have them.

indigoisviolet

kiwifarms.net
Could be. Jim never struck me as malicious before his gendercrash. He comes across now as defensive and obsessed with tranny bullshit, despite his words to the contrary. Not really in a way where he's trying to reassure himself, even. More like he believes repeating the words is part of the identity itself, perhaps? A Real Gender TrashTM says x,y and z, that sort of thing. So, yeah, right in line with the disabler idea.

Finding out he refers to a typical gay houseshare as a "poly relationship" also leans in that direction. He's in for a rude awakening back in the UK, he's too old and too minging for this nonsense to fly here.

Moja Zemlja

kiwifarms.net
On the topic of whether Jim really is as fucked up as he says or its one big grift I think its prudent to share one of his pre-troon reviews (https://web.archive.org/web/2016041...hejimquisition.com/the-beginners-guide-review) in which he reveals a lot about his past and mental state, obviously since its coming direct from him you'll have to take him at his word but I don't think he's lying in it and I do believe that Jim was a mentally disturbed man who was either groomed or fell into the troon rabbit hole because the circlejerk boosted his self-esteem.

indigoisviolet

kiwifarms.net
From the article:

Jim Sterling with my added bold red highlighting said:
Fact of the matter is, I do care what people think. At heart, I’m an entertainer, and I think every entertainer wants positive attention. Hell, doesn’t almost everyone want positive attention? Validation? Confirmation they’re as funny, smart, attractive, or correct as they think they are? For some of us, that desire for attention can become an addiction.

My upbringing was not especially pleasant. I grew up on the poverty line, at one point surviving by sleeping on the floors of family friends. I’ve been damn hungry in my life, dragged around the United Kingdom by my mother and her then-lover, a Hell’s Angels Outcast who went by the name of The Preacher. He had very few teeth, allegedly spent time in jail for armed robbery, and was an alcoholic abuser.

As children, my brother and I were spared the physical abuse, but he more than made up for it on the emotional side. By the time I was about to hit my teens, I was a nervous wreck, incapable of socializing properly, terrified to speak out of turn. The Preacher had done an impeccable job of breaking down my sense of identity.

If you spoke during the airing of the National Lottery, it would be your fault he lost that week. You were “jinxing” him by producing a slightest audible noise. It is because of The Preacher that I didn’t know about my food allergy until I was a lot older, when it was potentially more fatal. The first time I had an allergic reaction, he angrily told me it was because I was dirty and needed to wash myself.

Being a kid at the time, I had no idea what had happened to my body as it produced welts, and wouldn’t connect the dots until I was in casualty at a Sidcup hospital years later.

My sense of agency was all but gone. I became a very isolated individual. After years of self-therapy and help from the friends I have made along the way, I am a lot better now, but I still have my social anxiety. I was finally convinced to seek medical attention for it after I attended a party I really wanted to attend, but spent the night terrified, trapped inside my own mind, unable to speak to anybody and convinced they all hated me. Blaming anybody I did know for not introducing me better when, ultimately, it was my job. That night was hell for me, and it should not have been.

Short of actually fucking him, Jim's stepdad did everything by-the-book to roll out the red carpet for Stephanie's later arrival.
The line about self-therapy and help from friends did the rest.

Get proper help for your problems, kids. Fetishism and substance abuse are no substitute for freedom from a bad past, even if they make you feel happy right now in the moment. Twitter is not an accredited medical institution. Recovery is a long, drawn out process for a reason, there are no painless shortcuts.
Don't do a Jim Sterling, don't become a cow on top of it all.

Gloria From Pokemon Sword

If it's food, I'll make curry out of it.
kiwifarms.net
Short of actually fucking him, Jim's stepdad did everything by-the-book to roll out the red carpet for Stephanie's later arrival.
The line about self-therapy and help from friends did the rest.

Get proper help for your problems, kids. Fetishism and substance abuse are no substitute for freedom from a bad past, even if they make you feel happy right now in the moment. Twitter is not an accredited medical institution. Recovery is a long, drawn out process for a reason, there are no painless shortcuts.
Don't do a Jim Sterling, don't become a cow on top of it all.
To offer a second opinion on the line in bold: the people you surround yourself with play a big factor.
Friends can help you through, but they have to be willing to tell you no. They have to be the friends you value you as a person more than the relationship itself, or as most people would say, a true friend. However, you as a person are still responsible. Getting the right people to help you won't matter if you refuse to take responsibility for your choices on some level, and Jimbo wouldn't be much of a lolcow if he did more of that now would he?

On that note, how much of a positive influence do you think TB was on Jimbo? If the cynical brit was still around, do you think that he'd have tried to talk him out of it, had already cut connections with Jim by now, openly support Jim, quietly support Jim, or just try and ignore all of this?

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
On that note, how much of a positive influence do you think TB was on Jimbo? If the cynical brit was still around, do you think that he'd have tried to talk him out of it, had already cut connections with Jim by now, openly support Jim, quietly support Jim, or just try and ignore all of this?
I don't think Totalbiscuit would have been able to avert the troonening. Jimbo was already flitting around with LKD at the time, so it was pretty much a foregone conclusion even before the ass-cancer got him. And post-trooning, my guess is that TB wouldn't bring it up himself, but if Jim got attacked by "transphobes" TB would speak up to defend him. Whatever personal opinions he might have had on the matter, TB knew perfectly well which side his bread was buttered on and he was not going to risk a canceling for twansphobia.

He'd cop one, anyway. That's just how it goes with that crowd. Hell, LKD would probably do it to him, just because.

Last edited:

ThatDarnIrishMan

kiwifarms.net
To offer a second opinion on the line in bold: the people you surround yourself with play a big factor.
Friends can help you through, but they have to be willing to tell you no. They have to be the friends you value you as a person more than the relationship itself, or as most people would say, a true friend. However, you as a person are still responsible. Getting the right people to help you won't matter if you refuse to take responsibility for your choices on some level, and Jimbo wouldn't be much of a lolcow if he did more of that now would he?

He was well down the line of trooning before TB died. Already was bi or pan. Danger hair wife. Very SJW orientated, already super close to Laura.

I agree the people you're around do change you. It's why you will never find a transgender person just hanging with a bunch of straight cis people. It's not prejudice from the cis folks, it's a cult mentality.

Laura was a literal nobody before trooning and that's the only reason people know they exist now. Jimbo wanted a piece of the acceptance pie and dived right in.

SirQuicksand

Super Captain Fat Fuck
kiwifarms.net
He was well down the line of trooning before TB died. Already was bi or pan. Danger hair wife. Very SJW orientated, already super close to Laura.
Looking back at some of his earlier vids, he already had the voice and stature down to troon out. It was only a matter of time before he went all the way.

Pickle Inspector

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I agree the people you're around do change you. It's why you will never find a transgender person just hanging with a bunch of straight cis people. It's not prejudice from the cis folks, it's a cult mentality.

Laura was a literal nobody before trooning and that's the only reason people know they exist now. Jimbo wanted a piece of the acceptance pie and dived right in.
Looking at it objectively it makes sense for people like Jim to troon out, in the constantly online social justice echo chamber world what benefits are there to being a cis white male? At best he can be a ‘good ally’ which is basically a sycophantic toady, forever on the outside of the movement able to be tossed aside at a moments notice for any perceived wrong but trooning out skyrockets him to the top where he’s the centre of attention.

AngryTreeRat

Meds aren't working. Better get new ones.
kiwifarms.net
I don't think the bi/pan thing is what leads to troonery, or is even needed or related. A lot of troons are straight and go troon to get lesbians, they only start sucking troon dick out of desperation, basically prison gay.

The biggest sign of Jim's troonery is, and always was, a lack of identity and pride. I've never seen a person with a solid sense of self and pride in that self go troon. Jim, well lets be honest, what is Jim proud of? Jim has accomplishments that if he was passionate about games would be something to be proud of, the Jimquisition for example, going independent, etc. We can laugh and mock all we want, but he managed to build up a brand and identity to be proud of, and then he pissed it all away. Jim also clearly lacks a sense of identity, you can see it in how much he keeps changing his branding these last few years. His fucking persona became his identity for fucks sake, if that doesn't show a lack of self than nothing does.

The more time that goes on, the more signs point to identity politics being more about trying to make up for the lack of an identity and denying the right to have one to others than defending your right to one. After decades of movements about rejecting conformation and fitting in, we have a movement now all about trying to conform and fit in, because when you lack a sense of self, a sense of identity, and most importantly the sense of individualism, well... then the thing these people can see to do is to fill it in with senseless labels, materialism, and try to deny anyone who doesn't do the same the right to their own individuality. Identity politics are about trying to enforce conformity and a lack of individualism by those who are too pathetic to be anything more than their labels.

Jim trooning out is him admitting he's not a person, he's a slab of meat trying to fulfill the requirements to maintain his permissions to wear a bunch of meaningless labels.
TB probably would have trooned out with him.
Nah, TB had a fairly happy marriage, a kid, a career he was proud of, principles, and a sense of self. TB had a passion for games that has inspired more than one people to act on their own passions to the point of getting into the industry themselves, myself included. Jim lacks all of that. Jim is trapped in a career he hates, Jim only ever sought to bitch, complain, destroy, teardown, and get attention. TB sought to do his part to see things get better and took pride in his work. TB lacked the character traits needed to go in the direction of troonery. TB knew who he was and was proud of it. That is basically immunity to troonery.

Mister Mint

Gentleman Rapist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
After years of self-therapy and help from the friends I have made along the way, I am a lot better now, but I still have my social anxiety.
Well there's your problem, Jim, you aren't going to find any mental health saviors among your peers in the asylum. When you don't get real help and rely on other nutbags you're just going to amplify your nutbaggery together and call it a cure.

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If instead of trooning out they took testosterone instead of estrogen, I think they'd actually be able to get their lives on track. But then again I don't think logic plays a part in any of Jims decisions
You'd think so, but if you take male hormones and don't work out you end up with tits anyway. And assuming Jimbo will ever work out is beyond naive.

Pickle Inspector

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What an odd body shape Jim has (From his Twitter):
64914B1F-DC7A-411C-941D-63568B26E957.jpeg