JK Rowling and the Use of Pseudoscience to Justify Transphobia -

Solid Snek

kiwifarms.net
Transgender people are a minority class that exist in all demographics. The transgender condition is a genetic anomaly that results in a mismatch between a person's sex and gender. It is only recent that transgender people could even unify enough to call ourselves an actually defined minority, so the UN is just catching up on that. If you search the UN site on Intersex and Transgender rights, you'll likely see the term used in those position papers.

Ok, but... that doesn't answer the question.

Article II
In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:[

You cited this Convention in order to define "genocide", and to establish that JK Rowling was, by definition and international law, committing genocide against the trans community.

The very first line, reposted above, clearly states that, in order to be considered the target of genocide, a group must be national, ethnical, racial, or religious. It is not simply enough to be "a genetic anomaly" or "a defined minority" - and, in fact, the targeted group could even be a majority. Minority and majority status simply doesn't matter for purposes of the UN Convention on Genocide.

Are you saying that trans are none of these groups?

If so, then I don't know why you'd cite the UN, as the UN clearly doesn't support your contention that Rowling is genociding trans.

But if trans are a group that can be validly genocided, which one are they?

AnOminous

とても可愛い
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Transgender people are a minority class that exist in all demographics.
So are child molesters, murderers, and any number of other demographics of utter scum. It doesn't give you any special rights. In fact, it gives us the right to genocide you because the rights of a tiny minority of predatory perverts are outweighed by the rights of actual humans.

EmpireOfTheClouds

They climbed aboard their silver ghost
kiwifarms.net

It was respectful enough, but you got stuck on stupid on several points. I'm not the only one who dares call it genocide either.​

Anybody who supports the anti-trans legislation is complicit in a genocidal agenda. Trans people are being killed for being transgender and in some countries it's open season on them. In Brazil, the police kill them pretty regularly. Some 3/4 of all transgender people in the US report being assaulted for being transgender at least once in their lives. All five conditions of the UN definition of genocide apply to the gender non-conforming community, which has representatives in ever other demographic.

Friendly reminder that bolding and enlarging your text doesn't automatically mean you know what you're talking about.

discombobulate

kiwifarms.net
The bills trying to ... ban transgender people from school sports are genocidal in nature.
Pretty sure nobody's saying they should be banned from school sports, just that they shouldn't get to compete as their "gender identity." We have sex-segregated sports because treating men and women equally in sports is stupid. The US women's soccer team loses to schoolboys and they're one of the best teams in the world. Other national teams do even worse. The WNBA objectively sucks ass. A middling cyclist now takes medals after deciding he's a woman. Shitty male powerlifters crush female opposition. It's also retarded because sports are sex-segregated, not the new idea of gender-, and only the most retarded people claim you can change your sex. Then again, only the most retarded people talk about how it's okay to molest children after they receive their (molestation?) papers.

ogmudbone

I put on my robe and wizard hat.
kiwifarms.net
Pretty sure nobody's saying they should be banned from school sports, just that they shouldn't get to compete as their "gender identity." We have sex-segregated sports because treating men and women equally in sports is stupid. The US women's soccer team loses to schoolboys and they're one of the best teams in the world. Other national teams do even worse. The WNBA objectively sucks ass. A middling cyclist now takes medals after deciding he's a woman. Shitty male powerlifters crush female opposition. It's also retarded because sports are sex-segregated, not the new idea of gender-, and only the most retarded people claim you can change your sex. Then again, only the most retarded people talk about how it's okay to molest children after they receive their (molestation?) papers.
He might think being a registered sex offender is an honor and not a reason to eat a bullet in minecraft of course.

The 8 Of Spades

AI of SubG Entropic Decline Acceleration Intl. CEO
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You're just an angry anti-semitic adult autistic asshole who believes things that aren't true. Have you considered getting a real life or possibly doing the honorable thing in putting the world out of your misery by committing seppuku?

View attachment 2056757
Why are his arms growing out of his pecs? Is this what you think is artistic? Like, you couldn't even find a historical Japanese woodcarving or a scroll painting or something?

Fuck, I know you're lazy but you need to step it up around here.

WhatIsThePunchline

kiwifarms.net
Just realized he didn't even link to Rowling's essay despite trying to lie about her.

Most interesting quotes from that article:

All the time I’ve been researching and learning, accusations and threats from trans activists have been bubbling in my Twitter timeline. This was initially triggered by a ‘like’. When I started taking an interest in gender identity and transgender matters, I began screenshotting comments that interested me, as a way of reminding myself what I might want to research later. On one occasion, I absent-mindedly ‘liked’ instead of screenshotting. That single ‘like’ was deemed evidence of wrongthink, and a persistent low level of harassment began.
I’d stepped back from Twitter for many months both before and after tweeting support for Maya, because I knew it was doing nothing good for my mental health.

This follows a fairly standard pattern where critique against woke progressivism cause harassments which cause the targeted person to remove themselves from the woke progressive environment and become alienated and opposed to woke progressivism.
But there is a lot of interesting statements in the essay, it's a pretty decent critique of the woke-trans movement.
It’s been clear to me for a while that the new trans activism is having (or is likely to have, if all its demands are met) a significant impact on many of the causes I support, because it’s pushing to erode the legal definition of sex and replace it with gender.
I’m an ex-teacher and the founder of a children’s charity, which gives me an interest in both education and safeguarding. Like many others, I have deep concerns about the effect the trans rights movement is having on both.
as a much-banned author, I’m interested in freedom of speech and have publicly defended it, even unto Donald Trump.
I’m concerned about the huge explosion in young women wishing to transition and also about the increasing numbers who seem to be detransitioning (returning to their original sex), because they regret taking steps that have, in some cases, altered their bodies irrevocably, and taken away their fertility.
I’m deeply concerned about the consequences of the current trans activism.

Miss Tommie Jayne Wasserberg

Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
Why are his arms growing out of his pecs? Is this what you think is artistic? Like, you couldn't even find a historical Japanese woodcarving or a scroll painting or something?

Fuck, I know you're lazy but you need to step it up around here.
Actually, I passed over a lot of those before I decided that was more fitting for this crowd of autistic anime' fans
Mean, stupid transphobic people who are totally misinformed about the true facts of transgender athletes in sports really should not be calling other people "retarded" when they are so obviously learning impaired themselves. Your facts are nonsense. Back them with a peer reviewed paper published after 2015 or STFU.

tl;dr version: fuck off, you transphobic talking turd.
Ok, but... that doesn't answer the question.

You cited this Convention in order to define "genocide", and to establish that JK Rowling was, by definition and international law, committing genocide against the trans community.

The very first line, reposted above, clearly states that, in order to be considered the target of genocide, a group must be national, ethnical, racial, or religious. It is not simply enough to be "a genetic anomaly" or "a defined minority" - and, in fact, the targeted group could even be a majority. Minority and majority status simply doesn't matter for purposes of the UN Convention on Genocide.

Are you saying that trans are none of these groups?

If so, then I don't know why you'd cite the UN, as the UN clearly doesn't support your contention that Rowling is genociding trans.

But if trans are a group that can be validly genocided, which one are they?
i didn't say that Rowling was committing genocide. I am saying that she and all of you are complicit in carrying forward a genocidal agenda by embracing all this pseudoscience and paranoid delusions as valid. I'm also saying that trans people exist as a marginalized minority within every single one of those other demographics.
Just realized he didn't even link to Rowling's essay despite trying to lie about her.

Most interesting quotes from that article:

This follows a fairly standard pattern where critique against woke progressivism cause harassments which cause the targeted person to remove themselves from the woke progressive environment and become alienated and opposed to woke progressivism.
But there is a lot of interesting statements in the essay, it's a pretty decent critique of the woke-trans movement.

I am not a "he". If you wish to communicate with me and get a civil , reasoned response, you will refer to me as "Tommie" , "she" or "they" and never "Tom" or "him"

I read the essay when it was first published and she's full of shit. i'm way too busy right now doing things that generate revenue to spend a lot of time researching anything for this site for the next three weeks unless somebody wants to feed my PayPal (drwhatsthis@hotmail.com) . i have CashApp too if somebody wants to use that and if nothing else is safe enough, there's always WU. . The gem show opens Friday. I'm working on straight commission. I'm going to be real scarce on the troll sites and strictly business at facebook and you tube.

This "woke trans" movement you describe is fringe. Real trans activists haven't been threatening her. That' s been militant armchair activists and keyboard commandos. The real activists don't engage transphobic celebrities at all and most of us frown on going toe to toe with TERFs, nazis and inbred fundies. Trans activism exists as transgender people doing sensitivity training for institutions' staff and faculty, lobbying the shit out of elected officials and giving depositions in lawsuits and legislative hearings, not getting into flame wars with assholes on the internet and fist fights at demonstrations.

Her books have always had transphobic themes and the current one stars a cross dressing serial killer. her whole rap reeks of white supremacy and a deep belief in the validity of the strict heteronormative sex/gender binary , which current science agrees is invalid and harmful to people who are born genetically pre-disposed to same sex attraction and/or transgender identities, ergo, geno-fucken-cidal reasoning that dehumanizes all transgender people because of the offense given to her by the lunatic fringe she pissed off. She has been completely non-responsive to sincere inquiries from legit advocates.

Tragi-Chan

A thousand years old
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sure, but now you're asking me to work and I will require a $200 dollar retainer to do your research for you. I would need to go back on our conversation to see what false notions you're clinging to and I'm just not in the mood to do that much work for free, chum. Rowling is opposing access to gender care for minors..
I love it when cows do this. They’re happy to drone on and on, but as soon as someone has follow-up questions, they’re all “Boo-hoo-hooooo, it’s not my job to educate you, give me money!” I guess it shows how committed to their cause they really are. I think I’ll just save my money and assume Tommy is lying again, like he always does.

The bills trying to outlaw that and ban transgender people from school sports are genocidal in nature.
No they aren’t. Banning someone from competing in their preferred sporting category is not the same as killing them. You must be extremely sheltered to consider those things to be on the same level.

The things you state as fact about transgender people are genocidal in nature, transphobic talking turd.
DRINK!

Mariposa Electrique

In 2021, Shit will hit the fan 4 Chris
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Transgender people are a minority class that exist in all demographics
This has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. You know something ceases to be a minority if it exists in all demographics right?
The transgender condition is a genetic anomaly that results in a mismatch between a person's sex and gender. It is only recent that transgender people could even unify enough to call ourselves an actually defined minority, so the UN is just catching up on that. If you search the UN site on Intersex and Transgender rights, you'll likely see the term used in those position papers.
Shut up with your bogus research from these leftist, cock sucking websites thst even w toddler could find. You're a retarded pseudo intellectual, who's trying to hide the fact that they're a worthless predator. You're literally nothing but the trash Hitler neglected to dispose of.
Sure, but now you're asking me to work and I will require a $200 dollar retainer to do your research for you
You can't do any research, Tom. You probably think a critical appraisal is when you take something in your shit hovel to exchange it at the pawn shop for crack money. You're not intelligent, you're not interesting. Any monkey with a banana shoved up their ass could log onto pubmed and find an article that supports any kind of snake oil.

WhatIsThePunchline

kiwifarms.net
I am not a "he". If you wish to communicate with me and get a civil , reasoned response, you will refer to me as "Tommie" , "she" or "they" and never "Tom" or "him"

I read the essay when it was first published and she's full of shit. i'm way too busy right now doing things that generate revenue to spend a lot of time researching anything for this site for the next three weeks unless somebody wants to feed my PayPal (drwhatsthis@hotmail.com) . i have CashApp too if somebody wants to use that and if nothing else is safe enough, there's always WU. . The gem show opens Friday. I'm working on straight commission. I'm going to be real scarce on the troll sites and strictly business at facebook and you tube.

This "woke trans" movement you describe is fringe. Real trans activists haven't been threatening her. That' s been militant armchair activists and keyboard commandos. The real activists don't engage transphobic celebrities at all and most of us frown on going toe to toe with TERFs, nazis and inbred fundies. Trans activism exists as transgender people doing sensitivity training for institutions' staff and faculty, lobbying the shit out of elected officials and giving depositions in lawsuits and legislative hearings, not getting into flame wars with assholes on the internet and fist fights at demonstrations.

Her books have always had transphobic themes and the current one stars a cross dressing serial killer. her whole rap reeks of white supremacy and a deep belief in the validity of the strict heteronormative sex/gender binary , which current science agrees is invalid and harmful to people who are born genetically pre-disposed to same sex attraction and/or transgender identities, ergo, geno-fucken-cidal reasoning that dehumanizes all transgender people because of the offense given to her by the lunatic fringe she pissed off. She has been completely non-responsive to sincere inquiries from legit advocates.
You have lied about me being a "fetishist facist". I have no wish to be civil towards you as you are not only uncivil. you are actively participating in standard woke progressive abusive language. As you lie and abuse people, you don't deserve politeness.

If you do not have time to properly address Rowling's critique, it would behoove you not to provide a shallow and poor critique of it.

I have already mentioned it is not a fringe. You are also part of this movement as you have amply demonstrated in this very thread. You are a woke trans.

As for JK Rowlings books having trans bigoted themes (the correct term for transphobe), that is obviously a lie. This is what being woke is. You are lying about Rowling, because you are unable to properly address her critique.

White supremacy is the belief that the 'white race' is superior to other. Like 'transphobe', it is a term that has been appropriated and misused by woke progressives in order to lie about and abuse their critics.

In addition she does not have a 'rap sheet' as she is not a criminal, and your assertions towards it are also lies. Rowling is a well known progressive and feminist. If her reputation 'reeks' of something it is of feminism.

Again, yo are not a fringe. You are not fighting 'terfs, nazis, or fundies'. You are abusing normal people that point out critical flaws in your movement which you are unable and unwilling to address and improve upon.

Troonwhisperer

Troons of the world unite!
kiwifarms.net
You have lied about me being a "fetishist facist". I have no wish to be civil towards you as you are not only uncivil. you are actively participating in standard woke progressive abusive language. As you lie and abuse people, you don't deserve politeness.

If you do not have time to properly address Rowling's critique, it would behoove you not to provide a shallow and poor critique of it.

I have already mentioned it is not a fringe. You are also part of this movement as you have amply demonstrated in this very thread. You are a woke trans.

As for JK Rowlings books having trans bigoted themes (the correct term for transphobe), that is obviously a lie. This is what being woke is. You are lying about Rowling, because you are unable to properly address her critique.

White supremacy is the belief that the 'white race' is superior to other. Like 'transphobe', it is a term that has been appropriated and misused by woke progressives in order to lie about and abuse their critics.

In addition she does not have a 'rap sheet' as she is not a criminal, and your assertions towards it are also lies. Rowling is a well known progressive and feminist. If her reputation 'reeks' of something it is of feminism.

Again, yo are not a fringe. You are not fighting 'terfs, nazis, or fundies'. You are abusing normal people that point out critical flaws in your movement which you are unable and unwilling to address and improve upon.

Mr. Wasserberg isn't able to understand your words as his brain has become mush very long ago. As any other modern garden variety progressive, he thinks his ideas are so bold, new and radical but totally ignores that almost all of mainstream media is saying exactly the same as him. I can't imagine any fringe group that got so much media attention as troons in the last 100 years. Sure, the gays had their spotlight as well for some time, but have lost it quite fast. Furthermore the troon lobby receives more donation money than the gay and lesbian lobby combined. In just some years being gay won't be a protected class anymore, especially because wacism and troonphobia can apply to them too.

biozeminadae1

kiwifarms.net
These are comments I made to the facebook group, Real Progressives, in response to some rancor about the anger at Rowling and biological males in biological female spaces bullshit.

JK Rowling has been writing fiction with underlying transphobic themes for years and her latest is a transphobic magnum opus featuring a transvestite serial killer. In real time, Ms. Rowling is taking a position that is harmful to transgender children and their parents, so her queer reader base has very understandingly rebelled and mounted a boycott against her.

The actual science on the subject of sex and gender is pretty clear in it's refutation of the heteronormative sex/gender binary. Same sex attraction, transgender identities and intersex body variations are perfectly natural and with the exception of a very few IBV's, there's nothing pathological about any of it. It's not "abnormal" , but more properly, "atypical. It's just not so cut and dried that everybody fits the label male or female. Transgender women are simply not men just because they have a penis and transgender men are not women simply because they have a vagina. Cultural norms for gendered behavior are not even that consistent once you get past reproductive behaviors.

In the full inclusion community, we like to say that it's about hearts, not parts and it's definitely not about the clothes you wear or how you wear your hair. Though I will not disagree about the offensively demanding behavior of the militant trans activists pissing you all off this way, i don't think such a strict judgement of the majority of us based on nothing but what kind of junk we have is very progressive. It's really not that hard to relate to trans people as everyday men and women once you get to know us.

So much of everybody's opinions about transgender people is rooted in shitty bible interpretations, obsolete or debunked junk science and straight out paranoid delusions, without ever actually meeting a trans person. In the case of this crowd, factor in fetishistic fantasies as well. You have people debating whether transgender minors should be allowed any sort of gender based health care and they've never met a trans kid, their parents or have the first clue about the actual standards of pediatric gender care.

They're trying to ban trans kids from school athletics in states where there aren't even very many transgender athletes and not one legislator could cite an instance where transgender girls dominated their fields to the detriment of "biological females" . One of the plaintiffs in the widely cited CT case defeated the trans girl they were suing the school board about. She got a scholarship and the trans girl didn't and this baseless complaint is being used as the foundation for discriminatory law.

Dude, this is fucking epic. I love JK Rowling now.

Miss Tommie Jayne Wasserberg

Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net

that was no lie. you are lunatic fringe as are the people you are talking about. they are not "my movement" . i am a member of HRC and a loose association of facebook group owners. we do not abuse anybody and we are real fucking patient with misinformed millennial mental midgets and totally deranged boomers and gen X ers who are pointing out "critical flaws" in the entire transgender experience, completely beyond any political considerations, that are based in shitty scripture interpretations, debunked pseudoscience and paranoid delusions. What happened to ideas like "live and let live?" and all that Jesus stuff about judging not lest you be judged and sinners casting first stones?

I also think the militant TRA's self defeating assholes and a greater existential threat to the community well being than any haters outside the community , but you fucking bigots are denying the legitimacy of our entire community's existence, so you can't hardly blame them for getting upset. if I have misappraised you and lumped you in with the rest of the fetishistic fascists around here, i apologize. which do you deny, fetishism, fascism or both?

Rowling's books have always had subliminal transphobic themes and her latest is focused on a transvestite serial killer. I'm hunting for somebody's blog that broke it all down.

https://www.vox.com/culture/21449215/troubled-blood-review-jk-rowling-transphobia-controversy