JK Rowling’s latest book is about a murderous cis man who dresses as a woman to kill his victims - Discuss all the JK Rowling tranny shit here

annoyingfuck

kiwifarms.net
I could care less about JK Rowling, read Harry Potter as a child and moved on from ever thinking about it again like a non-mental invalid, but I like crime novels and the sheer volume of autistic screeching over this has made me purchase and commit to reading her 900 page long shitpost purely out of spite. What a time to be alive.
Since we're in a book thread, it's fucking 'couldn't care less'!

mickey339

kiwifarms.net
I don't even read books these days but now I'm pondering if I should get this one just to spite all the nutjobs in Rowling's twitter mentions. I bought the Heartbeat game immediately when the dev and her girlfriend TERFed out on social media.
12 pages late here but I must ponder upon just how perfect that was.

A lesbian, weeb, game dev and TERF in a relationship with another woman (also TERF) references the 41%?
Only Rowling's popularity would have made that a better combo.
She was literally everything transgenders want to be and she ridiculed them.

Last edited:

Ponderous Pillock

Welcome to Triple T, Tards, Troons and Trolls!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Her first non-Harry Potter book suffered heavily from children's author writing for adults now and overusing vulgarities to show the book is for adults, really, people swear in it. Her detective novels are supposed to be at least competent within the genre.
To be honest... the TV adaptation done by the BBC is better. Tom Burke stars as Strike and its the first role he apparently really hurled himself at with method acting. He interviewed Afghan War veterans extensively and even wears a leg brace during filming in order to ensure his leg work is exactly "on point". (Strike is a Afghan War Vet who lost his leg). His portrayal has been apparently celebrated by various groups due to the sympathetic and accurate portrayal.

It's definitely branding, and to stop kids from thinking "I like J.K Rowling! She wrote Harry Potter :biggrin:! I'm going to read this too!"

A lot of kids walk into a library with a list of authors they like and choose books based on that. Even when that author entirely or mostly writes a series, a lot of kids say "I'm looking for Brian Jacques books" , "Where are Jeff Kinney books at", or "I am looking for Carolyn Keen books, duddee... how'd she write so many books?! She must be ancient by now."

Some kids make it a goal to read everything by their favorite author. It's definitely not a good idea to have the most popular juvenile book series and a name kids recognize and then go and use that name to publish creepy adult serial killer books.
Well, the reality is Rowling was concerned anything else she wrote would just be an instant hit if it had her name attached to it when she wanted to move on from Harry Potter.

Which proved completely and utterly true.

"Robert Galbraith" when the first Cormoman Strike Book dropped was considered very good but not really standing out to the wider public, selling about 500 copies of its 1500 hardback run in its initial run. Nothing really stood the book series out aside from Strike's background, but the book was highly praised by other crime writers who read it without knowing it was written by Rowling.

The books sold steady and at least made the publishing house a bit of money, but they then leaked that it was actually a Rowling Book and sales promptly surged, and have remained popular ever since.

I mean, I don't know why the book has to be 900 pages, but good for her, I guess.
Strike books are Scandi-Noir style, so the plots are dripped out steadily and plenty of red herrings are picked up and dropped to give a more realistic pacing to a crime drama. Its become an enormously popular type of storytelling in the UK.

Troonwhisperer

If Jesus was alive today he would be trans
kiwifarms.net
Well, I've said some pages before that I might read the book... and I've read now the first 10 chapters.

As I thought Rowling plays safe. I'm pretty sure that Rowling fucking despises autogynephiles but she can't express her seething hate for them too obviously.

The first 10 chapters are really just an introduction to the story, so not much has happened till yet. Even though the majority of the story doesn't pertain to the current culture war, there are still some gems in the book that express Rowling's ideology.

I will show some quotes out of the book but first I have to say that the book belongs to a series of books about a (detective I guess?) Cormoran Strike. In the beginning of the book he is back home and begins with a friend talking about Cornish identity and nationalism (Trigger warning: There are NO black people in the first 10 chapters and with the exception of one Indian character (mentioned only once) everyone has very British names. There is one lesbian couple (one of them gives Cormoran Strike the mission to look for her mother who disappeared almost 40 years ago), but we know that race beats sexuality every time in the progressive stack game).

Like mentioned before the book begins with Cornish nationalism:

"You were born here", Polworth persisted. "So you're Cornish. "Trouble is, by that standard, you're a Brummie." "Fuck off!", yelped Polworth again, genuinely stung. "I've been here since I was two months old and my mum's a Trevelyn. It's identity - what you feel here", and Polworth thumped his chest over his heart. "My mum's family goes back centuries in Cornwall-" Yeah, well, blood and soil's nevern been my-" Did you hear about the last survey they done?", said Polworth, talking over Strike. "What's your ethnic origin?", they asked, and half - half - ticked "Cornish" instead of "English". Massive increase. "Great, said Strike". "What next? Boxes for Dumnones and Romans?" Keep using that patronising fucking tone", said Polworth, "and see where it gets you. You've been in London too fucking long, boy... There's nothing wrong with being proud of where you came from. Nothing wrong with communities wanting some power back from Westminster. The Scots are gonna lead the way, next year. You watch. When they get independence, that'll be the trigger. Celtic peoples right across the country are going to make their move."

Not really interesting. But nowadays writing about a nationalist without judgement isn't really welcomed, even if it's about Cornish nationalism. (Except you tick the correct boxes, of course).

The old nickname hadn't been bestowed, as most people assumed, in ironic reference to Strike's size, but derived from 'didicoy', the Cornish word for gypsy.

Again, nothing special, but she uses the word gypsy (and not even with quotation marks). I don't know how it is in England, but in Germany/Switzerland using the word gypsy unironically is seen as a great offense by the progressive brigade. An older feminist woman got cancelled in Germany because she recommended some books against antiziganism to some young feminists. Young feminists went mental because she used the word antiziganism (ziganism => Zigeuner, which means gypsy in German). It didn't really matter to them that this was the actual academic term for prejudices and discrimination against people of Roma descent.

Both seemed happiest and most relaxed in the company of their own sex, and on those rare occasions when Strike had enjoyed hospitality at their home, the gatherings always seemed to follow a pattern of natural segregation, the women congregating in one area of the home, the men in another.

And here we get the first really triggerable section of the book ;). She alwysa uses the word sex and never gender AFAIK and this alone will trigger the libfems. Furthermore she talks about "natural segregation" of the sexes. We all knowt hat AGP troons are traumatized when you don't talk about them for 5 minutes if the subject is about sex and sexuality. Now even talking about natural segregation is for them like talking about the segregation of blacks and whites in South African apartheid.

Overweight couple

Nothing special, but she uses the word overweight instead of fat. The term "overweight "is a form of medicalizing healthy bodies under a system of patriarchy and white supremacy. It's clear now that Rowling supports the patriarchy and white supremacy, but this isn't news to her haters.

"I think there are a lot of nutters in the world, and the less we reward them for their nuttery. the better for all of us".

Cormoran talks about mediums and psychics. But come on, we all know who she really means :o

In chapter 7-8 she talks the first time about the crossdressing serial murder.
The step-grandfather (which is actually his biological grandfather) thought the crossdressing serial murder was a horrible fag:

I saw my supposed step-grandfather looking at me out of the mirror. The resemblance grew stronger as I got older. I had his eyes, the same shaped ears, his sallow complexions, his long neck. He was a bigger man that I was, a more masculine-looking man, and I think part of his great dislike of me came from the fact that he hated see his own features in a weak and girlish form. He despised vulnerability.

The mother of the serial killer said once:

"I used to wonder about him, how he was and that." Agnes said. "Obviously, you do. Kids come out of you, Men don't understand what that is."

Men only don't understand pregnancy, really? :c The funny thing is that just some pages later she reminds us of this quote again:

Kids come out of you, Men don't understand what that is.

The last quote for today:

He soon progressed to stealing women's underwear from neighbours' washing lines and even from his grandmother, Ena. These he enjoying wearing in secret, and masturbating....

Sounds like the average autogynephile to me. :philthy:

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
Don't disregard the other harmful intent, which is a woman who desired a female child getting a male instead, and trying to turn that male into a female. The serial killers who started out with some kind of deliberate humiliation, like Manson, for being a "sissy," are outnumbered by those for whom their mother deliberately tried to turn them into a girl.
Some time ago I binged a YouTube channel about serial killers. The vast majority had a mother who pretty clearly pushed them into insanity.

Getting tard comed

kiwifarms.net
Well, I've said some pages before that I might read the book... and I've read now the first 10 chapters.

As I thought Rowling plays safe. I'm pretty sure that Rowling fucking despises autogynephiles but she can't express her seething hate for them too obviously.

The first 10 chapters are really just an introduction to the story, so not much has happened till yet. Even though the majority of the story doesn't pertain to the current culture war, there are still some gems in the book that express Rowling's ideology.

I will show some quotes out of the book but first I have to say that the book belongs to a series of books about a (detective I guess?) Cormoran Strike. In the beginning of the book he is back home and begins with a friend talking about Cornish identity and nationalism (Trigger warning: There are NO black people in the first 10 chapters and with the exception of one Indian character (mentioned only once) everyone has very British names. There is one lesbian couple (one of them gives Cormoran Strike the mission to look for her mother who disappeared almost 40 years ago), but we know that race beats sexuality every time in the progressive stack game).

"You were born here", Polworth persisted. "So you're Cornish. "Trouble is, by that standard, you're a Brummie." "Fuck off!", yelped Polworth again, genuinely stung. "I've been here since I was two months old and my mum's a Trevelyn. It's identity - what you feel here", and Polworth thumped his chest over his heart. "My mum's family goes back centuries in Cornwall-" Yeah, well, blood and soil's nevern been my-" Did you hear about the last survey they done?", said Polworth, talking over Strike. "What's your ethnic origin?", they asked, and half - half - ticked "Cornish" instead of "English". Massive increase. "Great, said Strike". "What next? Boxes for Dumnones and Romans?" Keep using that patronising fucking tone", said Polworth, "and see where it gets you. You've been in London too fucking long, boy... There's nothing wrong with being proud of where you came from. Nothing wrong with communities wanting some power back from Westminster. The Scots are gonna lead the way, next year. You watch. When they get independence, that'll be the trigger. Celtic peoples right across the country are going to make their move."

Not really interesting. But nowadays writing about a nationalist without judgement isn't really welcomed, even if it's about Cornish nationalism. (Except you tick the correct boxes, of course).

The old nickname hadn't been bestowed, as most people assumed, in ironic reference to Strike's size, but derived from 'didicoy', the Cornish word for gypsy.

Again, nothing special, but she uses the word gypsy (and not even with quotation marks). I don't know how it is in England, but in Germany/Switzerland using the word gypsy unironically is seen as a great offense by the progressive brigade. An older feminist woman got cancelled in Germany because she recommended some books against antiziganism to some young feminists. Young feminists went mental because she used the word antiziganism (ziganism => Zigeuner, which means gypsy in German). It didn't really matter to them that this was the actual academic term for prejudices and discrimination against people of Roma descent.

Both seemed happiest and most relaxed in the company of their own sex, and on those rare occasions when Strike had enjoyed hospitality at their home, the gatherings always seemed to follow a pattern of natural segregation, the women congregating in one area of the home, the men in another.

And here we get the first really triggerable section of the book ;). She alwysa uses the word sex and never gender AFAIK and this alone will trigger the libfems. Furthermore she talks about "natural segregation" of the sexes. We all knowt hat AGP troons are traumatized when you don't talk about them for 5 minutes if the subject is about sex and sexuality. Now even talking about natural segregation is for them like talking about the segregation of blacks and whites in South African apartheid.

Overweight couple

Nothing special, but she uses the word overweight instead of fat. The term "overweight "is a form of medicalizing healthy bodies under a system of patriarchy and white supremacy. It's clear now that Rowling supports the patriarchy and white supremacy, but this isn't news to her haters.

"I think there are a lot of nutters in the world, and the less we reward them for their nuttery. the better for all of us".

Cormoran talks about mediums and psychics. But come on, we all know who she really means :o

The step-grandfather (which is actually his biological grandfather) thought the crossdressing serial murder was a horrible fag:

I saw my supposed step-grandfather looking at me out of the mirror. The resemblance grew stronger as I got older. I had his eyes, the same shaped ears, his sallow complexions, his long neck. He was a bigger man that I was, a more masculine-looking man, and I think part of his great dislike of me came from the fact that he hated see his own features in a weak and girlish form. He despised vulnerability.

"I used to wonder about him, how he was and that." Agnes said. "Obviously, you do. Kids come out of you, Men don't understand what that is."

Men only don't understand pregnancy, really? :c The funny thing is that just some pages later she reminds us of this quote again:

He soon progressed to stealing women's underwear from neighbours' washing lines and even from his grandmother, Ena. These he enjoying wearing in secret, and masturbating....

Hmmm... I wonder if her recent run ins and death threats have made her rethink all the other nonsense she's been pushing previously?

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Overweight couple

Cornish Nationslism best nationalism. Seriously, Cornwall was in my experience one of the few places in England that actually matched what I thought England should be. Though even there you could not entirely escape the panopticon of the surveillance state.

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net
Even J. K. Rowling. Cross gender persona vs publish in different name.
View attachment 1599927
LMAO, no wonder people assume (most times, accurately) that these fuckers are autistic and can't read human behavior. So, I'm a woman, and if I join here with a male username because I don't want to give away my identity, that means I'm secretly cross gender? Seriously? What if I just use, dunno "potato"? I'm non-binary? Potatosexual? French-Canadian?

I haven't read about it, but now I wonder if the concept of "context" is shunned in any of their stupid theories, because these people seem to be very quick to dismiss anything that can be explained by it.

moocow

Moo.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dunno if late but.

View attachment 1598279

These people are beyond stupid. Note that headline: "Hagrid comes to..." Not "Hagrid actor Robbie Coltrane comes to..." The headline literally claims a fictional character is coming to Rowling's defense.

Even in the midst of their feigned outrage at nothing, these people just can't tear themselves away from the fantasy land of Harry Potter.

muh_moobs

Lord of mspaint shitposts
kiwifarms.net
What ever happened to literature anyway? How did bookworms become the most insufferable people on the planet when reading a book was considered a thing that was intellectually stimulating?

EDIT: and when I say the most insufferable I really do mean the worst.
These aren't bookworms. They're consoomers. The only books they've read are Harry Potter, only once, and only after watching the movies. Oh, and they probably only read the books their favorite Harry Potter movies were based on, not all of them.

Is it good? 900 pages for a crime novel sounds like a bad book and she has only written bad YA stuff before.
. . . Harry Potter is for kids, not young adults.

muh_moobs

Lord of mspaint shitposts
kiwifarms.net
Don't disregard the other harmful intent, which is a woman who desired a female child getting a male instead, and trying to turn that male into a female. The serial killers who started out with some kind of deliberate humiliation, like Manson, for being a "sissy," are outnumbered by those for whom their mother deliberately tried to turn them into a girl.

And the current batch of "child transgender" freak shows we're currently being force-fed by the media are all obviously forced by the mother to do what they do, whether it's "Desmond," (with an insane mother who worships drug-crazed killer Michael Alig and forces her son to hang out with him), or "Jazz," or any of these other mutilated, drugged, trooned out kids.

It's a nightmare this shit is even allowed and not awarded the death penalty.
Boy, I can't wait for real life to be like "Sleepaway Camp" in a

SleepawayCampposter.jpg

I've already been ninja'd, but I don't care.

Discarded Whopper

too tempting to resist
kiwifarms.net
These aren't bookworms. They're consoomers. The only books they've read are Harry Potter, only once, and only after watching the movies. Oh, and they probably only read the books their favorite Harry Potter movies were based on, not all of them.

. . . Harry Potter is for kids, not young adults.
They are the driving force of the current YA woke checklist genre of Latinx trans womyn who smash the patriarchy because white man bad. They’re 30+ but stuck in this adolescent role. I am a part of the review community and will read ARCs of YA and critique it from a detached mindset to contextual it for young adults but these people really are consuming it as stans and buy tons of fan merch of gay preteens etc and it’s weird. Also their reviews usually consist of littering of trigger warnings, microaggressions and then maybe “I liked the gay rep” and that’s all. So if that’s the effort pubs have to put in to get $$ that’s all they will do. As for JKR, she could shit in a book and have it mass printed and it would sell (just my opinion)

Ponderous Pillock

Welcome to Triple T, Tards, Troons and Trolls!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hmmm... I wonder if her recent run ins and death threats have made her rethink all the other nonsense she's been pushing previously?
Not really. She's still going to peddle her bollocks. What she's realised is she was a second wave feminist who largely won the lottery of life thanks to writing in desperation when she was down to her lest tenner when in a coffee shop in 1996.

She's also never forgotten when she was powerless and every single time she was spoken over because she was a woman (as opposed to working for an org which many people don't give a shit about in a minor role, nor listen to) and how powerless she was. She also had a chaotic 7 years in which she was shat on and hammered again and again (including divorce, death of loved ones etc).

So, understandably she wants to talk for other women who do not have her power and position. Rather than finding her own voice able to amplify matters of actual concern, she's found that in the Western World, like the LGBT movement, won about 30 fucking years ago and the conversation has moved on.

It's largely moved onto the degenerates, weirdos, perverts, and life's perpetual losers finding a way of amplifying their voice ten thousand fold, occupying the corpses of the feminist and LGBT movements (who, again, in the Western World won the field about 20-30 years ago) and the most purile and militant of these are the balding men wearing dresses and smelling like your grandma's perfume because it's "oh so feminine". Who rove the internet like a pack of mentalist bandits demanding you bend the knee, or be burned for all eternity like some sort of Dress Wearing Horde of Ghengis Khan.

The amusing thing is, Rowling's still in "fuck you" money territory. Any book she writes will get somewhere in the top ten of a UK book listing bare minimum as Cormamon Strike's damn popular and fans of true crime like variety in their murderers.

Tags
None