JK Rowling’s latest book is about a murderous cis man who dresses as a woman to kill his victims -

muh_moobs

Lord of mspaint shitposts
kiwifarms.net
They are the driving force of the current YA woke checklist genre of Latinx trans womyn who smash the patriarchy because white man bad. They’re 30+ but stuck in this adolescent role. I am a part of the review community and will read ARCs of YA and critique it from a detached mindset to contextual it for young adults but these people really are consuming it as stans and buy tons of fan merch of gay preteens etc and it’s weird. Also their reviews usually consist of littering of trigger warnings, microaggressions and then maybe “I liked the gay rep” and that’s all. So if that’s the effort pubs have to put in to get $$ that’s all they will do. As for JKR, she could shit in a book and have it mass printed and it would sell (just my opinion)
No. Those books are literally published for pre-teens.

muh_moobs

kiwifarms.net
So did bronies make your head explode
You're missing the point. Calling Harry Potter "Young Adult" books is like calling MLP "Adult Animation" and putting it on the level of the Spawn Animated Series.

Lost of people consume "immature" media. The issue is labeling something as being intended for an older audience than it genuinely is made for.

Rich Evans Apologist

he's a good boy
kiwifarms.net
You're missing the point. Calling Harry Potter "Young Adult" books is like calling MLP "Adult Animation" and putting it on the level of the Spawn Animated Series.

Lost of people consume "immature" media. The issue is labeling something as being intended for an older audience than it genuinely is made for.
Yet Bronies will clog up a ton of space discussing animation that isn't aimed specifically at kids, to the point where they can be blamed for a lot of inane dumb shit at-face that has started creeping into animation at-large. Harry Potter might be intended for preteens, but it turns out the people that read that shit operate primarily in the YA arena with their tard-spergery. Even if not intended to influence YA, it has.

The caveat here is that YA is now just as immature and inane as this shit that's handed towards kids. Most of the modern idea of "reading" and "literature" is on that level of preteen schlock, just with a sliding scale for swearing and sex. Fundamentally, I agree with you - they're consumers to the core, and not actually fucking interested in books or reading or storytelling. But a huge swath of the field is being written at that childlike level, never leaves that childlike level, and creates the 'community' which only wants to see more childlike, woke drivel.

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
The part of this that baffles me is these people are acting as if it's impossible for a person to be evil if they happen to be part of whatever marginalized group that exists.

So the fact that the baddie in this is a "cis" male who dresses as a woman to kill other women because he's crazy that way is somehow a commentary on all troons out there.

That's not how reality works.

Discarded Whopper

too tempting to resist
kiwifarms.net
No. Those books are literally published for pre-teens.
I know they’re literally published for pre-teens but a lot of the new YA or young reader books being published are being pushed online by adults who are no longer young and want a checklist of things in every new book it seems. And they’re the ones buying it more often, promoting it, and making/purchasing the fan merchandise with their grown up money. Just my educated opinion

I didn’t mean that the books were YA. I was referring to your comment about the consumers. I was just branching of that and saying those types of people also are driving certain types of books (published for young audiences) out of their age range

muh_moobs

kiwifarms.net
Yet Bronies will clog up a ton of space discussing animation that isn't aimed specifically at kids, to the point where they can be blamed for a lot of inane dumb shit at-face that has started creeping into animation at-large. Harry Potter might be intended for preteens, but it turns out the people that read that shit operate primarily in the YA arena with their tard-spergery. Even if not intended to influence YA, it has.

The caveat here is that YA is now just as immature and inane as this shit that's handed towards kids. Most of the modern idea of "reading" and "literature" is on that level of preteen schlock, just with a sliding scale for swearing and sex. Fundamentally, I agree with you - they're consumers to the core, and not actually fucking interested in books or reading or storytelling. But a huge swath of the field is being written at that childlike level, never leaves that childlike level, and creates the 'community' which only wants to see more childlike, woke drivel.
You're not wrong. I just expect Kiwis to know better than to go along with that foolishness.

OneHandClapping

EZ Lefty, just add 5.56
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This reminds me of the outrage woke weebs had with the term trap, where trap is defined as a dude who looks (convincingly) female but is in fact a male and considers himself male.

So the term/archetype got labeled transphobic, even if a trap isn't trans, just a transvestite.

Far as I can tell in this book, the killer dresses as a woman not because he feels he doesn't deserve his penis, but so he can lure in female victims. How that makes him trans? I have no idea.

You

kiwifarms.net
The audience age for HP is in part due to Rowling fucking up. She originally intended for the first book to be for 10 year olds, with each additional book going up for audience ages by 1 year each, and for each book to take one year to write.

However after the 4th book, with the fame, movies and money flying around she ended up taking 2-3 years to write each book after the 4th, so by the end of the series you had huge tonal issues where some of the story was still written for legit children and then some parts for much older audiences.

So it's understandable if people who'd first started the series when they were 10-12 ended up being 20-22 by the time the series was finished. Still pretty fucking gay if you were reading that shit in your 20's but understandably gay at least.

TitanWest

Based Penguin Guy
kiwifarms.net
The part of this that baffles me is these people are acting as if it's impossible for a person to be evil if they happen to be part of whatever marginalized group that exists.

So the fact that the baddie in this is a "cis" male who dresses as a woman to kill other women because he's crazy that way is somehow a commentary on all troons out there.

That's not how reality works.
They're mad because they know troons are mentally ill and JK Rowling is pointing that out in a hyperbolic way. Troons also got pissed at Buffalo Bill from Silence of The Lambs was a troon. JK Rowling and her critics both know what they're talking about. This was JK Rowling clapping back and it's awesome.

NeilBreenLover69

kiwifarms.net
Pink News got it's info from the Telegraph and apparently that's not even the plot. But sure why let facts get in the way of the Troon army and our fun.

View attachment 1596487

View attachment 1596489

View attachment 1596490

Pink news should really never be taken as a serious source of news. It's a fucking petty blog written by degenerate overgrown mental teenagers in their mid 40s who have nothing to base their lives around besides their sexuality.
It's absolutely fucking ludicrous to ever take PinkNews seriously, but it's okay because it adds fuel to twitter trannies' hate of JK rowling.

bot_for_hire

kiwifarms.net
LOL, does that make Psycho transphobic now?
If only you knew... Everything is transphobic
77. Psycho is transphobic.
And, yes, 97. The director of Queer Up North is transphobic too!.

Could someone who likes it but isn't a childlike autistic weirdo please explain to me what they like about Barry Hooter? I read first 40 pages of IIRC Goblet of Fire and have no idea why it caught on.

I am Rowling BTW. It was me all along.
It's magic. I ain't gonna explain shit.

Last edited:
Tags
None