JK Rowling’s latest book is about a murderous cis man who dresses as a woman to kill his victims -

Getting tard comed

kiwifarms.net
Could someone who likes it but isn't a childlike autistic weirdo please explain to me what they like about Barry Hooter? I read first 40 pages of IIRC Goblet of Fire and have no idea why it caught on.

I am Rowling BTW. It was me all along.
They are mystery books at the beginning aimed at kids. Books are a fantastic medium for mystery stories. Add in magic and competent world building as well as cliche'd archetypes and with a little bit of luck you have a hit on your hands.

Where HP really takes off where other similar books fail is as the target reader base grew up, so did the characters. HP readers literally grew up with Harry, Ron, and Hermoine. That, imo is what separated it from other similar book series and made it a mega succes. The process can't be replicated though so I doubt the books will have the same lasting impact as say LotR or even Narnia but we'll see.

I feel that way, mainly due to the 7th book being an absolute clusterfuck.

Orange Rhymer

kiwifarms.net
Well, I've said some pages before that I might read the book... and I've read now the first 10 chapters.

As I thought Rowling plays safe. I'm pretty sure that Rowling fucking despises autogynephiles but she can't express her seething hate for them too obviously.

The first 10 chapters are really just an introduction to the story, so not much has happened till yet. Even though the majority of the story doesn't pertain to the current culture war, there are still some gems in the book that express Rowling's ideology.

I will show some quotes out of the book but first I have to say that the book belongs to a series of books about a (detective I guess?) Cormoran Strike. In the beginning of the book he is back home and begins with a friend talking about Cornish identity and nationalism (Trigger warning: There are NO black people in the first 10 chapters and with the exception of one Indian character (mentioned only once) everyone has very British names. There is one lesbian couple (one of them gives Cormoran Strike the mission to look for her mother who disappeared almost 40 years ago), but we know that race beats sexuality every time in the progressive stack game).

Like mentioned before the book begins with Cornish nationalism:

"You were born here", Polworth persisted. "So you're Cornish. "Trouble is, by that standard, you're a Brummie." "Fuck off!", yelped Polworth again, genuinely stung. "I've been here since I was two months old and my mum's a Trevelyn. It's identity - what you feel here", and Polworth thumped his chest over his heart. "My mum's family goes back centuries in Cornwall-" Yeah, well, blood and soil's nevern been my-" Did you hear about the last survey they done?", said Polworth, talking over Strike. "What's your ethnic origin?", they asked, and half - half - ticked "Cornish" instead of "English". Massive increase. "Great, said Strike". "What next? Boxes for Dumnones and Romans?" Keep using that patronising fucking tone", said Polworth, "and see where it gets you. You've been in London too fucking long, boy... There's nothing wrong with being proud of where you came from. Nothing wrong with communities wanting some power back from Westminster. The Scots are gonna lead the way, next year. You watch. When they get independence, that'll be the trigger. Celtic peoples right across the country are going to make their move."

Not really interesting. But nowadays writing about a nationalist without judgement isn't really welcomed, even if it's about Cornish nationalism. (Except you tick the correct boxes, of course).

The old nickname hadn't been bestowed, as most people assumed, in ironic reference to Strike's size, but derived from 'didicoy', the Cornish word for gypsy.

Again, nothing special, but she uses the word gypsy (and not even with quotation marks). I don't know how it is in England, but in Germany/Switzerland using the word gypsy unironically is seen as a great offense by the progressive brigade. An older feminist woman got cancelled in Germany because she recommended some books against antiziganism to some young feminists. Young feminists went mental because she used the word antiziganism (ziganism => Zigeuner, which means gypsy in German). It didn't really matter to them that this was the actual academic term for prejudices and discrimination against people of Roma descent.

Both seemed happiest and most relaxed in the company of their own sex, and on those rare occasions when Strike had enjoyed hospitality at their home, the gatherings always seemed to follow a pattern of natural segregation, the women congregating in one area of the home, the men in another.

And here we get the first really triggerable section of the book ;). She alwysa uses the word sex and never gender AFAIK and this alone will trigger the libfems. Furthermore she talks about "natural segregation" of the sexes. We all knowt hat AGP troons are traumatized when you don't talk about them for 5 minutes if the subject is about sex and sexuality. Now even talking about natural segregation is for them like talking about the segregation of blacks and whites in South African apartheid.

Overweight couple

Nothing special, but she uses the word overweight instead of fat. The term "overweight "is a form of medicalizing healthy bodies under a system of patriarchy and white supremacy. It's clear now that Rowling supports the patriarchy and white supremacy, but this isn't news to her haters.

"I think there are a lot of nutters in the world, and the less we reward them for their nuttery. the better for all of us".

Cormoran talks about mediums and psychics. But come on, we all know who she really means :o

In chapter 7-8 she talks the first time about the crossdressing serial murder.
The step-grandfather (which is actually his biological grandfather) thought the crossdressing serial murder was a horrible fag:

I saw my supposed step-grandfather looking at me out of the mirror. The resemblance grew stronger as I got older. I had his eyes, the same shaped ears, his sallow complexions, his long neck. He was a bigger man that I was, a more masculine-looking man, and I think part of his great dislike of me came from the fact that he hated see his own features in a weak and girlish form. He despised vulnerability.

The mother of the serial killer said once:

"I used to wonder about him, how he was and that." Agnes said. "Obviously, you do. Kids come out of you, Men don't understand what that is."

Men only don't understand pregnancy, really? :c The funny thing is that just some pages later she reminds us of this quote again:

Kids come out of you, Men don't understand what that is.

The last quote for today:

He soon progressed to stealing women's underwear from neighbours' washing lines and even from his grandmother, Ena. These he enjoying wearing in secret, and masturbating....

Sounds like the average autogynephile to me. :philthy:
I'm 8 chapters in. I agree with your adept assessment. I'll be a little less exacting, and more qualitative.
I've never read any of JKR's works. None.

It's good. Not great. Above a 'dimestore novel' nowhere near a 'great work'. I can instantly tell it is written by a women. So much emphasis on the impressions of others, and fee-fees. Possibly why this thing is 900 pages. She skillfully paints the outside world, but feels compelled to also paint the world within. The stereotypes of Strike and his employees completely nauseated me from the start. Very poor character building, but seems like JKR is 3 books in, and can't correct these initial mistakes.
Opening each chapter with one, sometimes TWO lines ancient English poem verses is pretentious, bordering on lunacy.
Some of my interest in JKR's world building may be my unfamiliarity with their world and experiences. Still, I will credit her skill more than my deficits.

I would grant this the genre of 'Noir Light' or 'Noir for Ladies'. Noir is definitely present, but with a modern perspective, not riddled with evil 'round every corner'.

Blacklisting this b/c of some perception of transphobia is either persecution complex or desperate attention seeking.

Ghostse

Gorilla Channel Executive Producer
kiwifarms.net
I'm 8 chapters in. I agree with your adept assessment. I'll be a little less exacting, and more qualitative.
I've never read any of JKR's works. None.

It's good. Not great. Above a 'dimestore novel' nowhere near a 'great work'. I can instantly tell it is written by a women. So much emphasis on the impressions of others, and fee-fees. Possibly why this thing is 900 pages. She skillfully paints the outside world, but feels compelled to also paint the world within. The stereotypes of Strike and his employees completely nauseated me from the start. Very poor character building, but seems like JKR is 3 books in, and can't correct these initial mistakes.
Opening each chapter with one, sometimes TWO lines ancient English poem verses is pretentious, bordering on lunacy.
Some of my interest in JKR's world building may be my unfamiliarity with their world and experiences. Still, I will credit her skill more than my deficits.

I would grant this the genre of 'Noir Light' or 'Noir for Ladies'. Noir is definitely present, but with a modern perspective, not riddled with evil 'round every corner'.

Blacklisting this b/c of some perception of transphobia is either persecution complex or desperate attention seeking.
This describes the first 2 books, BTW.

• Informative
Reactions: Troonologist PhD

kuniqsX

Dead man.
kiwifarms.net
What ever happened to literature anyway? How did bookworms become the most insufferable people on the planet when reading a book was considered a thing that was intellectually stimulating?

EDIT: and when I say the most insufferable I really do mean the worst.
EVERYONE has become insufferable.
You're getting old, pops.

Reactions: AbraCadaver

AbraCadaver

Alpha Winner Deluxe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Whenever I see something like this, I recall having a friend as a young child, who was male and liked to play with dolls and ponies. He also had a barbie collection and I think we played together because I was a girl, so I was more likely to want to play dolls and ponies with him. He later grew up to have 3 beautiful children, a loving wife and an active military career like his father, and today is a happy and well-adjusted individual.

If he’d been born today to idiots, they’d be telling him he was meant to be a girl and trying to get him on hormone blockers. I sometimes wonder how his life would have turned out if that happened.

I remember when feminists insisted that ANYONE can play with dolls or wear dresses or carry purses, because these things have nothing to do with your gender. Nowadays there are people insisting that if little boys like dolls or carry a purse, it means they should have been born a girl and must be changed into one, because such things are only for girls and only girls like them.

And I think to myself, “humanity was a mistake.”

Piga Dgrifm

Pita Griffin
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Calling Psycho transphobic makes way less sense to me than the Buffalo Bill thing. At least Buffalo Bill pretended he was trans, even if the movie/book both make a point to say he wasn't. Norman Bates had a split personality to repress his guilt at murdering his mother, nothing about muh genders is ever mentioned or even hinted at, that just isn't a factor in the story.

Harry potter video game on PS5 trailer just dropped and everyone is back to sucking J.k rowling's dick
The madlad :story:
https://youtu.be/1O6Qstncpnc
"Man, I really disagree with all these takes JK's been making lately. I'm done with h-- OMG! PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!"

1572751680676.jpg

Tags
None