Joaquin Phoenix as the Joker - Might not be a disaster

What will the combined score of shootings blamed on "Joker" be after opening weekend?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-10

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • 11-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-39

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • 40+

Votes: 17 68.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Tookie

Mountain of Molten Lust
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've seen this mentioned in a few other threads and it might as well have its own thread on the topic.

Joaquin Phoenix is set to play the Joker in a film centered on the character from director Todd Phillips with Martin Scorsese producing.

I'm open minded on this one. It's hard to get excited about it, but it does seem to be isolated from the DC cinematic universe trainwreck and the Joker doesn't look like a juggalo edgelord this time. The set photos seem to have some deliberate nods to John Wayne Gacy and Pennywise with some of the clown outfits.

Tookie

Mountain of Molten Lust
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
But will gamers rise up in the movie though?
https://www.change.org/p/warner-brothers-make-joaquin-phoenix-say-we-live-in-a-society-in-the-new-joker-film
We all know about the Joker's way of thinking and his philosophy. he's Intelligent, Nihilistic and with a Wicked Sense of Humor. and his views on society speaks large about his character, and i belive so as many of you do that if we add this line in the movie it'll make it significantly better and will show more depth in the twisted mind of the Joker.

what i have in mind is a scene where the Joker sees a kid in a resturant playing Fortnite on his phone while his grandfather is reading a book (insert book title here). and he looks at them and says "damn, we live in a society". he may say this line as he looks into the camera thus breaking the 4th wall.

Tragi-Chan

Godmaster Reverend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think it sounds interesting. With Leto, it felt like the character as interpreted by a 14-year-old edgelord who saw part of The Dark Knight. I’d like to see something along the lines of Brian Azarello’s take on the character.

Nekromantik

I was phone!
kiwifarms.net
https://www.change.org/p/warner-brothers-make-joaquin-phoenix-say-we-live-in-a-society-in-the-new-joker-film
We all know about the Joker's way of thinking and his philosophy. he's Intelligent, Nihilistic and with a Wicked Sense of Humor. and his views on society speaks large about his character, and i belive so as many of you do that if we add this line in the movie it'll make it significantly better and will show more depth in the twisted mind of the Joker.

what i have in mind is a scene where the Joker sees a kid in a resturant playing Fortnite on his phone while his grandfather is reading a book (insert book title here). and he looks at them and says "damn, we live in a society". he may say this line as he looks into the camera thus breaking the 4th wall.
>Playing Fortnite, on a phone, in the 80's
Oh man, that's so deep. It really speaks to me.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This might actually be a standalone counterpart to Christopher Nolan’s trilogy, in sense of quality. The fact that Scorsese is producing makes me think he has a specific vision that he wants to be perfect, which by itself gives me a surprising amount of hope.
Scorsese dropped out as producer. But I still agree with you. Joaquin Phoenix is a fantastic choice for Joker and I think Todd Philips can pull it off. He certainly knows how to film anarchy:

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino