Joaquin Phoenix as the Joker - Might not be a disaster

What will the combined score of shootings blamed on "Joker" be after opening weekend?

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • 1-10

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • 11-20

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • 21-39

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • 40+

Votes: 67 60.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alto

Space Doggity
kiwifarms.net
Upon reflection, I've decided that Phoenix and Ledger's performances are equal in terms of what I prefer. I can't pick one over the other, especially when they're both extremely unique, different versions of the character. I just hope that Phoenix isn't fucked up from the method acting and doesn't meet a sudden and untimely end the way Ledger did.

NumberingYourState

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Upon reflection, I've decided that Phoenix and Ledger's performances are equal in terms of what I prefer. I can't pick one over the other, especially when they're both extremely unique, different versions of the character. I just hope that Phoenix isn't fucked up from the method acting and doesn't meet a sudden and untimely end the way Ledger did.
Best regards to his health, for sure.

I think the origin story situated here with Joaquin Phoenix is still perfect, so much so that it could in theory be applied to Heath Ledgers Joker in many ways. Not that it's needed, but it isn't exactly untrue.

Alto

Space Doggity
kiwifarms.net
I sincerely hope that Warner Brothers decides to change course from here upon seeing how much money this film is making. I would absolutely love a series of standalone films about the Batman Rogues, but only if they're R-rated and have the same style, atmosphere, and quality cinematography this movie had.
A Two-Face movie would be so fucking good if they had the right actor and directing. A Killer Croc film screams Del Toro. Poison Ivy can be a lulzy middle finger to SJWs since the character acts like one and gets btfo for it. The list could go on and on.

Relic 31

kiwifarms.net
I sincerely hope that Warner Brothers decides to change course from here upon seeing how much money this film is making. I would absolutely love a series of standalone films about the Batman Rogues, but only if they're R-rated and have the same style, atmosphere, and quality cinematography this movie had.
A Two-Face movie would be so fucking good if they had the right actor and directing. A Killer Croc film screams Del Toro. Poison Ivy can be a lulzy middle finger to SJWs since the character acts like one and gets btfo for it. The list could go on and on.
I would want to have a Scarecrow movie done in a similar vein to this Joker movie.

Just thinking about the kind of story they could tell and things they could do make me very excited for something like that.

Youthanasia

Observing from over the pond.
kiwifarms.net
I would absolutely love a series of standalone films about the Batman Rogues, but only if they're R-rated and have the same style, atmosphere, and quality cinematography this movie had.
While I agree with your sentiment especially for a Dr. Freeze movie, I can't for the life of me imagine a Penguin movie.

Reactions: frozenrunner

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Poison Ivy can be a lulzy middle finger to SJWs since the character acts like one and gets btfo for it. The list could go on and on.
Agreed! Where Joker makes him sympathetic, I would like a Poison Ivy film where she's just as awful as possible, base her on the mongs at Extinction Rebellion, but replace the red food colouring with plant enzymes or something.

Wallace

Cram it in me, baby!
kiwifarms.net
Media Horrified By Lack Of Violence At Joker Screenings

U.S.—Our nation’s intrepid journalists had been warning the country about the threat of the Joker movie and how it could encourage violence among disaffected white people and incels -- the new greatest threat to mankind. And as reporters prepared for an onslaught of violence as Joker premiered over the weekend, they were horrified by what happened: absolutely no violence or anything worth reporting on whatsoever.

“We found one incident of a guy cheering too loudly at the fictional violence,” said CNN reporter Terrance Shelton, “but that was it. There was nothing. Absolutely nothing we can glom onto and spin into a hot take that reinforces The Narrative. I’m shaken to my core.”

Journalists have already been shaken by many attacks on the press. Much of this has come from President Trump, but a lot also from reality, which has specifically gone after many of their hyped predictions and disasters. “We had expert opinions saying that the Joker movie was just adding fuel to the fire with all that’s going on,” said New York Times writer Glenn Peterson. “And once again, reality has defied experts. That’s not right.”

Now that opinion writers' fears have been disproven, the pundits whose predictions were completely wrong and who have demonstrated they have no grasp of how reality actually works are expecting the harshest punishment for such a journalistic failure: absolutely nothing.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino