Careercow Joe Cracker / Robert C. McGee -

Tetsu Deinonychus

kiwifarms.net
Joe Cracker, for those who don't know, is a guy who was determined to make a Zelda movie based on the lovably lame 80s cartoon. He posted all about in on the IGN boards and caught the attention of a troll who happened to be an animator. This troll decided to grant Joe's wish and make his movie...with intentionally terrible animation and emphasizing every mistake in Joe's awful script. The result was the famous Zelda: Light of Courage videos on YouTube.

For more info (including those videos) I recommend this article...
http://www.platypuscomix.net/people/joecracker.html

...or if you have a lot of time for a long read, here's the massive IGN thread in question...
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/the-l ... .44833398/

While I don't think he's as messed up as our dear Chris, I still find him pretty LOLworthy. What do you think?

champthom

"Champthom doesn't bullshit."
Founder
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I mentioned this in another thread but I'll mention it here: fun fact - Clyde (yes, THE Clyde Cash) intended to make a complete audiobook of "The Light of Courage" and he got a whole bunch of PVCC people to do the audio. I myself did the line of the King who says "My son keeps getting stronger and more braver every day!". Anyways, because Clyde has a short attention span, he gave up on the project.

Tim Buckley

Suffering
kiwifarms.net
champthom said:
I mentioned this in another thread but I'll mention it here: fun fact - Clyde (yes, THE Clyde Cash) intended to make a complete audiobook of "The Light of Courage" and he got a whole bunch of PVCC people to do the audio. I myself did the line of the King who says "My son keeps getting stronger and more braver every day!". Anyways, because Clyde has a short attention span, he gave up on the project.
Speaking of that other thread... have you found Light of Courage's script yet :roll: ?
if not well... nevermind (:_(

ChurchOfGodBear

He's just this guy, you know?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was waiting for this guy to be mentioned. Ho-lee shit. Some days I really can't decide if he's worse off than Chris or not.

Things got even weirder after TLOC. He went on this tirade about wanting to create software that would make NES games (though he'd do none of the actual work, natch). Then when he'd been banned from his billioned forum for being an idiot, he tried to make his own Internet Forum Police, although strangely, no one on the internet wanted to Joe tell them how to run their own forums.

Since Joe perpetually has no fucking clue what he's talking about, he did the only natural thing and got interested in politics. Since then, he's pretty much gone off the internet, with the exception of the occasional "Republicans are dumb" rant.

Edit: Also, he briefly played with the idea of making a sequel to TLOC, not quite grasping that you can't have a sequel without actually making a first installment

Surtur

Destroyer of the Universe.
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I was a regular on Atari Age when Joe arrived to try and pimp his NES ROM Maker. He seemed pretty obsessed with the clone systems and was pretty dead set on making the "ultimate NES clone" despite the fact it wa pointed out to him that most NES systems still work fine. But yea, he went on and on about his Console Builder and NES ROM Maker until he got banned, which is hard as shit to do on Atari Age because Al (The head admin) is a really nice guy. That being said, here is a compilation of all the threads he made there and they are all pretty funny (lots of clever members there.) Sadly his account seems to have been deactivated so I cannot locate any of his other posts outside of his threads.

My idea for the perfect NES clone

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/151522 ... try1854616

Wanted: Looking for 8bit sprite artists

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/160967 ... try1983498

A new NES clone to play the powerpak

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/159685 ... ge__st__25

If the Powerpak will work on an NES emulator, it will work on an NOAC clone

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/161545 ... ker__st__0

NoDarkies

Null's a cunt
kiwifarms.net
I read his massive long thread on NES/Atari/anything ROM Maker, and I'm reading his IGN Zelda movie one.

I can't believe this guy is so oblivious. Has to be trolling.

ChurchOfGodBear

He's just this guy, you know?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
NoDarkies said:
I read his massive long thread on NES/Atari/anything ROM Maker, and I'm reading his IGN Zelda movie one.

No, he has teh 'Tism. He's like Chris was with Sonichu, only with 0.001% more people skills.

WWWWolf

Has a camera, will kick butt
kiwifarms.net
ChurchOfGodBear said:
The NES ROM Maker Wiki is pure, unadulterated Joe. Warning, you WILL hurt your brain!
the software is going to be capable of translating C++ and binary code into the code that the NES's internal 6502 chip could read.
Translating C++ source to processor machine language? That's what we in the software industry call a "compiler". Fun fact: as far as I know, there's no C++ compiler targeting the 6502. (There's a somewhat limited-feature C compiler, cc65.) And by "binary code", I assume he means object code for other platform - that's not how compilers generally work. Besides, 6502 is an incredibly limited 8-bit processor, you just can't take modern code and expect it to work without hitches.
It can come with and execpt certain expantions such as several well known NES mappers to give developers more creative power.
I think the guy is a bit unclear on concept. mappers are special purpose hardware in NES carts operated through memory bus.
As for sound, it will take .wav; mp3; midi; wma; mp4; and convert it to nsf format when saving your progress as a rom.
.nsf files are 6502 machine code and data, run on 6502 emulation environment that also emulates the pecularities of the NES audio synthesiser. Such convertor would need fairly extensive coding on NES-specific driver and... *ahem* who am I kidding.

In summary: The guy would make an absolutely fantastic software marketer. He could sell the most feature-packed custom software solution to some third party, then come to the programmers and say "well, I just sold a global-scale e-commerce client-server infrastructure. I don't really get how it's supposed to work, but it doesn't sound too difficult. You have one afternoon to write it."

Surtur

Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
ChurchOfGodBear said:
NoDarkies said:

No, he has teh 'Tism. He's like Chris was with Sonichu, only with 0.001% more people skills.
This. Trust me he has been going at it for over 10 years, this guy is legit.

NoDarkies

Null's a cunt
kiwifarms.net
Surtur said:
ChurchOfGodBear said:
NoDarkies said:

This. Trust me he has been going at it for over 10 years, this guy is legit.
Using Chris as a benchmark, that's some serious 'tism. Hell, at least Chris can pick up on sarcasm eventually. If everyone's doing it. All the time.

Surtur

Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I know, I am on his friends list. Odd that he lets so many people on.