Artcow John Harrison / jhcartoons / tragic_pizza - Crappy Political Cartoonist and Self-Proclaimed SJW

Hat

Tranny Sayaka Miki
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
jharrison.PNG

I found this rather obscure figure several months back through Assigned Male's Facebook page. John Harrison is a part-time preacher and guitar player for the small Fairfield Heights Presbyterian Church in Birmingham, Alabama. When he's not at church, he's devoting his time to drawing his heavy-handed and sub-par political cartoons to post on his social media, where he proudly labels himself as an SJW.
jhtwitter.PNG

His favorite topics for lampooning include the governor of Alabama, Robert Bentley, whom Harrison has unaffectionately "Cadaver Bob" because he's old and skinny—I guess—and, more recently, President-elect Donald J. Trump.
bob.jpg
trump.jpg

Harrison's largest project is his web-comic/soap-box Guitar Girl, in which a large-breasted teenage girl named Katie espouses all of Harrison's left-wing ideas. Besides being the young, left-wing activist that Harrison wishes so hard that he was, Katie's only character is that she likes playing the guitar and wants to buy a Fender Telecaster, an aspect of her character that guides what little "plot" there is in the comic on the rare occasion that Harrison has nothing he wants to say about politics. Other characters include Harrison's self-insert, who is Katie's father in the comic; Katie's gay Black friend, who shills Black Lives Matter three comics in; and Katie's vaguely brown friend, who dreams of working for Al-Jazeera.

Notable pages include one where Harrison couldn't think of a situation to create to talk about Syrian refugees, and thus simply had Katie lecture the reader directly, and another where Harrison couldn't even be bothered to add color.
CUdl7FfUkAAV1Z2.png
CnXa2eGUkAAAolv.jpg

Despite being a project Harrison has been working on for over a year now, the entire comic can be read through in about 15 minutes. The most recent comic involves some new fairy character doing her best Carl the Cuck impression.
carl.PNG

Trump's recent victory has also caused a great deal of mature political dialogue on Harrison's Twitter account. One can expect this trend to continue.
htwitter_01.PNG

htwitter_02.PNG

htwitter_03.PNG

Harrison is also a big admirer of both Sophie Labelle and the Trans Lifeline:
jham.PNG

11888586_1065194980160338_196192814795487797_o.jpg

Links:
Twitter Account (archive)
2nd Twitter Account (archive)
Facebook Account (archive)
Instagram Account (archive)
Youtube Channel (archive)
SoundCloud Account
DeviantArt Account (archive)
Personal Website (archive)
Guitar Girl Website (archive)
Guitar Girl Facebook (archive)
Guitar Girl Twitter (archive)

Last edited:

ChurchOfGodBear

He's just this guy, you know?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Please explain the "Cadaver Bob" comic... Bob says he's not going to take a salary until unemployment drops to x%. Unemployment doesn't drop, Bob still doesn't take a salary.

Seems to me like the guy keeps his word. I hadn't heard of him before today, now I want to vote for him.

Uncanny Valley

NO LIVES MATTER
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, but at least the Mallard Fillmore guy can draw. It matters.

These mooks make a lack of talent worse by going straight to digital. You really need an apprenticeship pushing a pen and pencil.
and I'm like 99% sure the Mallard Fillmore guy didn't fap to his own stuff.

Mungo

Preferred pronouns are Van/Vans/Vanself
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Aside from the ridiculous hand, that actually makes Trump look younger than he is, along with making him look like an extra from Pink Floyd: The Wall. You'd think that a political cartoonist would try to accentuate flaws in physical appearance, especially when caricaturing someone as wizened as Trump.

Hat

Tranny Sayaka Miki
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Aside from the ridiculous hand, that actually makes Trump look younger than he is, along with making him look like an extra from Pink Floyd: The Wall. You'd think that a political cartoonist would try to accentuate flaws in physical appearance, especially when caricaturing someone as wizened as Trump.
Sometimes he draws Trump as if he's some sort of melting wax sculpture.
CdJUrJZW8AABuMR.jpg

I suppose being a political caricaturist is an appealing occupation for an artist who isn't good at art. After all, when you're exaggerating politicians' features and trying to make them look ugly and evil, you don't need to worry about pesky things like quality.

BlueSpark

kiwifarms.net
After all, when you're exaggerating politicians' features and trying to make them look ugly and evil, you don't need to worry about pesky things like quality.
If he was trying to make Trump look ugly he failed dismally; that picture looks far, far better than real-life Trump. The luscious locks in particular.

And why is there a hazy rainbow background, is he drawing from memory a sexy dream he had of Trump?

Also, he got the Nazi swastika the wrong way around. It's supposed to face to the right.

Hat

Tranny Sayaka Miki
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A couple more of his works:
"Don't expect me to elaborate on my arguments."
Cn3yjK0UkAApPHa.jpg
Franklin Graham = ISIS
gg-mohammed.jpg
At least Black Jesus always agrees with you, Harrison.
black.PNG

Harrison also exemplifies why I think you'll probably be a happier and more optimistic individual if you don't follow your pastor on Twitter.
goodpreacher.PNG

DiscountLiquor

I steal other people's food and am a twat
kiwifarms.net
Making a snap judgement about the guy's face, you'd assume he was some kind of conservative by the looks of it, but boy... Makes me wonder what his true motivation(s) is/are.

Too Many Crooks

Depressed Doge
kiwifarms.net
I don't know...there's something about Garrison's style that gives me hives. It's competent, but creepy.
To me, Ben Garrison is like a nastier right-wing version of Andrew Dobson. When you look at both of their galleries, you can see the hatred & bitterness in the cartoon human expressions. Also both of them love their strawman fallacies.

Ben Garrison has that creepy warped caricature thing going on; at least with Andrew Dobson, they're more cartoonish.