John's Next Scam - place yer bets!

What will John's next "career" be?

• Investigative journalist writing shit-tier articles for places like bustle, etc

Votes: 37 13.8%
  • Tell-all autobiographer: "It Was My Turn!: How the Election Was Stolen From Me, John Flynt"

Votes: 35 13.1%
  • Back to """game developer""": Revolution 62 here we come!

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • Street racer/luxury car blogger :jacepout:

Votes: 16 6.0%
  • "It's not a defeat, but a chance to learn and grow": John runs again!!

Votes: 51 19.0%
  • John wins his election, causing a catastrophic rift in this timeline and killing us all

Votes: 20 7.5%
  • Shit himself and do nothing/I ORDERED A FUCKING PIZZA

Votes: 28 10.4%
  • (Null) Charity/nonprofit to help those who grew up as poor black children like John

Votes: 21 7.8%
  • (Judge Holden) Scifi author: "The Moon Rocks Are a Harsh Mistress"

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • (Elbe) All-female e-sports team - no penises allowed, and beating us is literally rape and murder!

Votes: 32 11.9%

• Total voters

Jack Awful

Laughs at Tards
kiwifarms.net
lets see, wu likes high visibility passive income positions that garner respect without working for it.

charity is on the top of my list, probably something about inspiring women to get into STEM.
I can see him doing what he did before the campaign:
Freelance "journalism" on "news" websites like Polygon, The Mary Sue, etc. writing articles about how sexist gaming is and paid public appearances at colleges, conventions, conferences, and on TV.

Feline Darkmage

Gamer Gril Queen
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
There's definitely a possibility of Wu subverting all expectations and doing some dumb shit none of us can even comprehend until after it's happened but given her personality there's a few things that definitely fit the pattern she's done since GG happened that other opportunists of her kind have also been trying.

I could easily see some scam charity a la big boss Null's idea, but I'm thinking it's very likely she spreads her tendrils into other "Geek Culture" arenas. Sci-Fi is likely, going the Comic books route and copycatting Zoe Quinn is highly likely.

I'm going to throw out a curveball and predict the newest John Flynt model will be "Brianna Wu, Furry Fandom Expert & Brave Womyn Against AltFurry"

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sci-Fi is likely
I still say it's not, just because the field is already chock-a-block with grifters just like John, but who have put in more time. Many of them can write complete sentences unaided too. Plus, Frank's sci-fi boosters won't be likely to help on their home turf, because it would ruffle feathers with their own power base.

I agree with the people who say he'll continue with his "Media Personality" thing (Bustle articles and community college appearances), but there will still have to be some sort of prestigious-sounding headline career.

GnomeofDoc

What? I like weird old guns.
kiwifarms.net
There's definitely a possibility of Wu subverting all expectations and doing some dumb shit none of us can even comprehend until after it's happened but given her personality there's a few things that definitely fit the pattern she's done since GG happened that other opportunists of her kind have also been trying.

I could easily see some scam charity a la big boss Null's idea, but I'm thinking it's very likely she spreads her tendrils into other "Geek Culture" arenas. Sci-Fi is likely, going the Comic books route and copycatting Zoe Quinn is highly likely.

I'm going to throw out a curveball and predict the newest John Flynt model will be "Brianna Wu, Furry Fandom Expert & Brave Womyn Against AltFurry"
Literally I see her just getting a pizza. That’s all. He had a chance time to retire now.

Dogs can't look up

Once shit out of a moving car
kiwifarms.net

She/he will probably just team up with the likes of Anita Sarkeesian after they lose their election. Plenty of rubes will throw money his/her way via Patreon.

• Agree
Reactions: IAmNotAlpharius

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
She/he will probably just team up with the likes of Anita Sarkeesian after they lose their election. Plenty of rubes will throw money his/her way via Patreon.
All the rest of the "Gamergate personalities" hate John and kicked him out of the Cool Kids Club early on.

EDIT: by the way, know what John's very next scam will be? I bet he's going to continue playing candidate (and accepting donations) all the way up to the general election, even after losing the primary.

Last edited:

Cubanodun

Metal Synthpop Hero
kiwifarms.net
charity is on the top of my list, probably something about inspiring women to get into STEM.
Doubt it, ask yourself this question, would you open a charity to help people that is surely better than you?

He will just do the same thing that he did when R60 failed, he is only going to mention when he need credits, expect a lot of "AS A FORMER CANDIDATE I CAN SAY XXXXXX"

• Agree
Reactions: deus et ursa
M

MG 620

kiwifarms.net
"Investigative journalist writing shit-tier articles for Them.us"

Dimethyl Ketone

Sentinent Solvent
kiwifarms.net
I think book deal is very likely. Of course writing a book is a lot of work and we know Wu's adversion to work. She will find some "Warren type" in the publishing field, print out all of her undeleted tweets into a huge ream of paper (because why not?) slam it in front of him and tell him to get to work.

He will spin forever on this, Wu will promote it at the start, but then when he doesn't deliver and she replaces him with 5 other people who don't deliver ( they do write stuff, but Wu won't accept it unless they make her look like a bigger godzilla of tech and every line reads "Brianna Wu smote the gamergates and from their ashes raised a memorial to all his thousands of homosexual friends that died in Iraq." )

If it ever does come out it will be some shitty e-book because nobody will want to publish Wu.

I think she is personally floundering right now and hasn't provided any lead-in towards the next "gig." It's only a month out until she loses so if she had thought of something she'd be promoting the fuck out of it. I think only time will tell until something falls into his lap and he ruins it in his oh so special way.

KerryDixon9

kiwifarms.net
Writing a book is the obvious answer. Of course she won't actually be writing the book, she'll just be talking to a professional feminist writer who will listen to her bullshit for a few weeks of interviews and then write it for her. The major hurdle is obviously John Walker Flynt and Brianna will probably never agree to admit that she is him. I think that the state of the media right now means that publishing companies are prepared to go along with the lie that Brianna grew up as a poor adopted girl in Mississippi. It will piss us off to read the utter shit, but none of us are going to buy the book anyway so the publishers won't care and the NYT and WaPo will have their backs.

Brianna's fucktarded story that Trump's election has direct links to GG is more trash that the media wants. They should even push the boat out just a little bit more and make a claim that Trump and Putin raped Brianna right after Trump pissed in Obama's hotel bed.

Here's what I think Brianna should do though -retire from public life, close down her Twitter and Patreon, stop wasting Frank's money and be a good housewife for Frank. I think I'm in a very small minority on here, but I actually think that Brianna and Frank are actually pretty happy together. They've both got similar hobbies and interests and I think Brianna should stop using Frank's money for her fake ass careers and stay at home to pay him back for all the money he's wasted on her. I think she should clean his fucking house a few times a year, learn to cook, draw sci fi pictures and make 3D models for him so that every day he comes home to some toy shit that will make his childish chink brain happy.

I think that would be a win for them because it would make them much happier. It would be a win for the world because there would be less pollution caused by their toxic lies. Kiwi Farms would lose a cow, but I think it's for the best. I don't think anyone has actually stabbed their eyes out so far because of seeing a pic of Brianna, but it can't be far off.

Peace and Harmony

corgo is open for business!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I actually think that Brianna and Frank are actually pretty happy together.
WE are happy that they are together. They are mutual abusers and hate each other's fucking guts, but they won't leave each other because no one else on the planet would tolerate a second of either of their abominable behaviour (to say nothing of John's necrotising crotch).

The Gagh Whisperer

kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure I see a another big scam in his future. Until now, John has been incredibly lucky.

Before gamergate he was just another angry "Woman in Tech", with an unfinished and already dated game, and a marginal amount of attention in Apple circles. Gamergate gave us the Godzilla of Feminism.

But the Godzilla of Feminism was fading. Allies came to realize just how dumb and unpleasant he actually is. The useful idiot turned out to be a genuine idiot, and not very useful.

Enter Trump, Trump Derangement Syndrome, and Candidate Wu. Between gamergate and Trump, lightning struck twice for John.

Barring another internet shitstorm, what's left?

Tech Feminism barely tolerates him.
He's a joke in political circles.
Sci-Fi is a closed little clique, and Wu is borderline illiterate.
Gaming? He's burned too many bridges.
Another venture is going to require crowdfunding or Franks money. Both those wells are pretty dry.

I suspect that even the people who give him occasional public support might be saying different things in private. Especially if money and reputation are in play.

Is there any niche of tech/nerd/politics left that could get him in the news, where people don't already know about his bullshit?

Short of another autistic internet holy war, I just see him destroying cars and ranting on Twitter.

Norvic

too gay to lift
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm prepared for all the world's :optimistic::optimistic::optimistic:, but what if her next move is to stop being a lolcow?

As far as I'm concerned, Wu's lolcow status hinges on her repeated insistence on a public persona rooted in lies. If she were to back away from making herself a public figure, she'd stop being a lolcow. She could probably even keep the fake gamer grrl, software engineer persona as long as she wasn't broadcasting it to the world.

It seems like she's backing away from twitter recently. If she were to ditch the platform altogether (citing the inevitable "nazis" as the reason) and just kept herself to her private facebook, it'd go a long way to rehabilitating herself from lolcowdom. What, after all, is her public performance actually netting her? She has thousands of followers on twitter, but very few seem to give a shit about what she's actually doing if the engagement statistics are anything to go by. Her public speaking has pretty much dried up since gamergate is no longer a thing. She's lost her maclife column and cancelled one of her podcasts. All she has left is the one podcast as her last tenuous in with the Apple fanboi crowd.

If she kills the patreon, kills twitter and quietly goes about her business spending all of Frank's money on toys then the main Wu thread will die.

Last edited:

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
She could probably even keep the fake gamer grrl, software engineer persona as long as she wasn't broadcasting it to the world.
Probably not, at least outside of a small circle of (really dumb) friends. John can only pull that shit off in the hothouse environment of Twitter where he can block or have anyone banned any time they point out his stupidity and that he clearly has no clue what he's talking about on any subject.

He seriously couldn't take the equivalent of "but that's wrong you fucking retard" in real life.

nets_awesome

Blocked from who? Everyone.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I honestly believe her best bet is the political “expert” route. She’ll write an article here and there for the few no-name blogs that will still tolerate her. All of which will be 75% about her “harassment” 24% about her “expert qualifications” and the remaining 1% giving an exceptionally bad hot take on the topic at hand.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I honestly believe her best bet is the political “expert” route. She’ll write an article here and there for the few no-name blogs that will still tolerate her. All of which will be 75% about her “harassment” 24% about her “expert qualifications” and the remaining 1% giving an exceptionally bad hot take on the topic at hand.
John is limited to the kind of venue where they either don't allow comments at all or they limit them to cocksucking sycophants and ban anyone remotely critical of the article or its author.

Tags
None