John's Next Scam - place yer bets!

What will John's next "career" be?

• Investigative journalist writing shit-tier articles for places like bustle, etc

Votes: 37 13.8%
  • Tell-all autobiographer: "It Was My Turn!: How the Election Was Stolen From Me, John Flynt"

Votes: 35 13.1%
  • Back to """game developer""": Revolution 62 here we come!

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • Street racer/luxury car blogger :jacepout:

Votes: 16 6.0%
  • "It's not a defeat, but a chance to learn and grow": John runs again!!

Votes: 51 19.0%
  • John wins his election, causing a catastrophic rift in this timeline and killing us all

Votes: 20 7.5%
  • Shit himself and do nothing/I ORDERED A FUCKING PIZZA

Votes: 28 10.4%
  • (Null) Charity/nonprofit to help those who grew up as poor black children like John

Votes: 21 7.8%
  • (Judge Holden) Scifi author: "The Moon Rocks Are a Harsh Mistress"

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • (Elbe) All-female e-sports team - no penises allowed, and beating us is literally rape and murder!

Votes: 32 11.9%

• Total voters

Next Task

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's what I thought. Running gives her exactly what she wants - an important-sounding title, a reason to be in the public eye, a forum to talk about herself incessantly and a potential path to media attention - with an absolute minimum of effort, as her actual campaign has shown. Hell, she can tweet all day and consider it 'community outreach'.

It sounds good on paper and requires no effort. Basically the Wu motto.

Dr. Merkwurdichliebe

Kiwiminister für Volksaufklärung und Propaganda
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
John has told The Globe that he'll run against Lynch again in 2020, but that he'll do it right next time, with a professional staff. He didn't raise enough money this time to hire a professional staff, so it will be interesting to see how many of his naive pay pigs decide to pour money into Reel No. Two of Mr. Flynt Doesn't Go to Washington.

Thanks in large part to @W person cow, the progressives in the district know that John is a con artist who doesn't give a crap about progressivism; he'll find no support there next time around. And no professional campaign manager wants "Ran John Flynt's second comically inept Congressional campaign" as a bullet item on his or her resume.

It will be interesting to see how long the second scampaign lasts after the money dries up.

Picklechu

kiwifarms.net
I think it will be the "writer/author" thing, possibly with a dash of charity/nonprofit scam on the side. Wuwu isn't going to make another game. I can see her running for another office, though; probably looks down on local stuff, so another bid for Congress in 2020 might be in the cards.

I honestly kind of want to see a Wu 2020 presidential campaign. :pickle:

EDIT: Saw the tweet. This will be great. :story:

There's no way Wu will actually run for office again. She got attention this time as a novelty, but reporters that cover "unusual leftist insurgency candidate" aren't going to get out of bed for "perennial loser candidate who is wasting everyone's time." There's no attention and no money in running a second time, she'll drop the idea like a hot potato.
Never, ever underestimate the ego of someone who seeks elected office. I was once approached to run the campaign of a guy who had run for office four times in eight years (he wanted it for free as a "portfolio builder," so I told him to fuck off, not that I would have done it for a reasonable amount either, since the guy was a nut). The current State Auditor in my state was a perennial candidate who had run for office and lost so much that he was--and still is, for different reasons--a complete laughingstock. Some of these people will try again, and again, and again.

Come to think of it, there's a guy out in Oregon who has sought some sort of office every year since 2009 (with the exception of 2013 when he was going through a divorce), including president, as a Democrat, Green, independent, and Republican, who might be worthy of a lolcow thread. :epik:

Last edited:

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is the dickless wonder talking about the 2020 senate or has he actually deluded himself into thinking he can run for president?
The blue waves destruction will rival the 2004 Tsunami.

Wu seems to genuinely believe in the blue wave so I dunno.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Keep Yourself Safe

Peace and Harmony

corgo is open for business!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was thinking: we need to get John into Anti-Comicsgate. It probably wouldn't be hard to convince someone at Marvel that the best way to own the misogynerds is by giving "Socially Unconscious" a monthly series.
He's already demonstrated that he wants to mash open wounds with Maggs while getting fingered in the asshole by Gail Simone so this isn't really a long shot. I imagine he's considered it.

Tags
None