JoJo's Bizarre Adventure -

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
I'm a few episodes into part 4 at this point, and I have to say that part 2 with the Pillar Men has been the best of JoJo for me. Having only four villians for the whole arc allowed for each to be a lot more fleshed out than the ludicrous number of villains in part 3, and I liked how Joseph had to actually train to develop his powers and use actual physical trickery to outwit the pillar men rather than rely almost entirely on stands like later JoJos. Plus, Stroheim is a great supporting character.
The problem with Stardust Crusaders is that it drags on way too long. It makes me glad I could marathon a bunch of episodes at a time since I didn't watch it when it aired, because watching half a Stand fight a week would be hellish. The Dio fight at the end kind of makes it worth it, along with the characters (they all get great interaction). Part 2 is indeed great though.

I do like Part 4, it's what you'd want out of the series at that point. Creative Stands, great comedy, great character interaction, and a cool villain from behind the scenes who makes shit get real all the time. It's a great epilogue to the first three parts.

Gone_Fission

kiwifarms.net
The problem with Stardust Crusaders is that it drags on way too long. It makes me glad I could marathon a bunch of episodes at a time since I didn't watch it when it aired, because watching half a Stand fight a week would be hellish. The Dio fight at the end kind of makes it worth it, along with the characters (they all get great interaction). Part 2 is indeed great though.

I do like Part 4, it's what you'd want out of the series at that point. Creative Stands, great comedy, great character interaction, and a cool villain from behind the scenes who makes shit get real all the time. It's a great epilogue to the first three parts.
Yeah, Stardust Crusaders felt ludicrously long and it didn't take long to realize that nearly every episode outside of the intro and the final Dio battle followed the same formula. It felt like the writer just decided to focus all creative effort on unique enemies rather than a real plot or significant character development, the whole thing ends up feeling like two season's worth of filler. I feel like they wasted Dio as well, he was a great villain in Part 1 because of how much of an asshole he was to Jonathon and the fact that he regularly did shit in the plot, while in Part 3 he really only shows up at the end. So far, I'm digging the art style of Part 4 but I'm still near the start so I'll have to wait and see if the plot gets good.

• Agree
Reactions: Lackadaisy

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, Stardust Crusaders felt ludicrously long and it didn't take long to realize that nearly every episode outside of the intro and the final Dio battle followed the same formula. It felt like the writer just decided to focus all creative effort on unique enemies rather than a real plot or significant character development, the whole thing ends up feeling like two season's worth of filler. I feel like they wasted Dio as well, he was a great villain in Part 1 because of how much of an asshole he was to Jonathon and the fact that he regularly did shit in the plot, while in Part 3 he really only shows up at the end. So far, I'm digging the art style of Part 4 but I'm still near the start so I'll have to wait and see if the plot gets good.
The story was that the writer Araki wanted to do something different (hence the Stands), and this became very, very popular, so he was encouraged by the editors to drag it out as long as he could. The anime faithfully follows this. But it gets no credit for not showing cool shit which should've happened (which didn't in the manga), like the one guy with the de-aging Stand not de-aging Joseph so we get a full on Hamon-powered beatdown of that asshole with Hermit Purple.

However, "Stand Proud" is the best OP in the show yet.

• Informative
Reactions: Gone_Fission

Cosmos

Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Trust me, Part 4 is a lot better than Stardust Crusaders. It's when Araki really fleshes out the concept of Stands and makes them interesting. In Stardust Crusaders, the Stands usually had pretty simple and straightforward powers; Star Platinum is a punch ghost with super strength, Magician's Red uses fire, etc. But from Diamond is Unbreakable onwards, many Stands have very esoteric, specific powers that oftentimes sound useless but turn out to be completely badass when put to use by an intelligent Stand user (and fortunately, becoming a Stand user seems to also turn you into a 200 IQ master strategist). A big appeal of Part 2 is how Joseph used his wits and trickery to outsmart his foes, and starting with Diamond is Unbreakable that becomes the formula again.

Also, I do agree that Dio was wasted in Part 3. At least the final battle against him and ZA WARUDO is cool.

I'm pissed about Notorious Chase. They even edited it into the Crunchysub.
I laughed out loud when I saw that edit, it was so ridiculous.

purpleboy

Exceptional the Individualhog
kiwifarms.net
Trust me, Part 4 is a lot better than Stardust Crusaders. It's when Araki really fleshes out the concept of Stands and makes them interesting. In Stardust Crusaders, the Stands usually had pretty simple and straightforward powers; Star Platinum is a punch ghost with super strength, Magician's Red uses fire, etc. But from Diamond is Unbreakable onwards, many Stands have very esoteric, specific powers that oftentimes sound useless but turn out to be completely badass when put to use by an intelligent Stand user (and fortunately, becoming a Stand user seems to also turn you into a 200 IQ master strategist). A big appeal of Part 2 is how Joseph used his wits and trickery to outsmart his foes, and starting with Diamond is Unbreakable that becomes the formula again.

Also, I do agree that Dio was wasted in Part 3. At least the final battle against him and ZA WARUDO is cool.

I laughed out loud when I saw that edit, it was so ridiculous.
Why not just call it “Notorious”, many people call Biggie “Notorious” anyway. Also, yeah I agree, my favorite stands are the weird utility stands like Moody Blues and Heaven’s Door and Parts 4, 5, and 7 are FULL of them

Eric Salads

kiwifarms.net
I'm pissed about Notorious Chase. They even edited it into the Crunchysub.
The worst part about the name changes is when you go to download the Blu-Ray versions with fixed stand names and the only subs are from Some-Stuffs where some faggots just added a bunch of terrible edits to the HorribleSubs track. When part 4 was airing I was so autistic about the stand names that I edited the subs for each episode to fix the names whenever a new one was released but for part 5 I don't care anymore, which makes it kind of a bitch to talk about when you watch the show with other people.

Megaroad

Do you accept people of the Jewish persuasion?
kiwifarms.net
Loving part 5 atm since when I tried to read it a decade ago, it was the terrible first scanlations which seemed deceptively better than the Duwang part 4 translation but it gave me the impression the characters had no personality.

Example:

Can't wait for part 6 if it keeps up the quality David Productions has been putting into part 5.

• Agree
Reactions: Cedric_Eff

Megaroad

Do you accept people of the Jewish persuasion?
kiwifarms.net
Awesome.

Also glad they're adding the new stands to the credits.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino