JoJo's Bizarre Adventure -

• Despite what alcoholic retards are saying, there are no plans to shut down the Kiwi Farms.

Who's your favorite JoJo?

• Jonathan

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Joseph

Votes: 30 40.0%
  • Jotaro

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Josuke

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • Giorno

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Jolyne

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Johnny

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Gappy

Votes: 5 6.7%

• Total voters

Gar For Archer

kiwifarms.net
Started reading Stone Ocean after Golden Wind, and while I'm only 20 something chapters in, I really don't see why so many people consider it bad. Maybe it gets shitty in the end (I am vaguely aware there's some apocalyptic, Crisis On Infinite Earths style reboot happening), but so far I'm having a blast. Oh, and Lightning McQueen's shenanigans are hysterical.
Really, Stone Ocean’s main flaw (shared heavily by Jojolion) is that it a lot of the minor stands are explained in a needlessly confusing way, making them harder to understand than they should be.

It’s also coming right after Part 5, where pretty much *every* minor character is fleshed out with their own motivations and personality, whereas most Stone Ocean antagonists are random minions of Pucci who don’t really have their own motivation to kill Jolyne.

Jolyne is also probably my favorite protag after Joseph, and her ass-pulls are probably the most justified among all the Jojo’s. When she turns her body into a Möbius strip to counter C-moon’s inversion attack I totally saw it coming because it’s a logical extrapolation of the established mechanics of her stand instead of relying on the ambiguity of the ability to pull some bullshit like Giorno does all the fucking time.

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
I just finished rereading Stone Ocean and god damn was it a ride. I really enjoyed it and it's probably my second favorite part in the series for having a great story, the best Jojo in the series, and one of the best main villains. It's supporting cast was pretty nice though I feel Hermes was really underutilized and wished she had more involvement, and the stand fights are so creatively bizarre that they were fun to read. The minor antagonists were a mixed bag with some being really great (i.e. The Last two of Dio's sons, Miu Miu, and Sports Maxx) while others just were bad or should've had more fleshing out but despite that it wasn't too big of a problem for me.

The ending itself was really good, while it would've been nice to see Giorno or Josuke come to help, it would've hurt what Araki was going for and felt like fanservice. Plus the ending was happy as while the main universe cast died, they had much better lives in the new universe where Pucci doesn't exist.

I am going to reread SBR next but if I were to rank parts now with my reread of Stone Ocean (excluding SBR as I want to see if my judgement changed on it), it would go like this:

4 > 6 > 5 > 3 > 1 > 2

PopRocks

it prounouced Ca-Kow!
kiwifarms.net
I am going to reread SBR next but if I were to rank parts now with my reread of Stone Ocean (excluding SBR as I want to see if my judgement changed on it), it would go like this:

4 > 6 > 5 > 3 > 1 > 2
I'm curious, why is p2 dead last on your list?

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
I'm curious, why is p2 dead last on your list?
I felt all the new supporting characters (barring Lisa Lisa and Stroheim) were really bad. Joseph kind of got annoying and it felt like there was no tension as he was the one doing all the fights (the only two fights where it felt like the stakes were high were the last two). Caesar is honestly the worst Jojo character in the series IMO for being inconsistently written, was very annoying, and his friendship with Joseph felt really forced and artificial. It further doesn't help Caesar is literally just Joseph without any comedic traits and more of an unpleasant asshole with the only thing worth remembering about him being his death scene which even then it felt like a contrived set up. Collectively the pillar men barring Wammu were flat at best with Kars only getting good in his final fight.

Despite all these issues I still enjoy Part 2 as it had great music and animation. The Part 1 characters were handled really well in their development and as I said Wammu was good with Kars getting better much later. Lisa Lisa and Stroheim were also pretty good while Joseph himself had some good standout moments to shine. Furthermore despite my hatred of the setup and character, the characters reaction to Caesar's death was handled really well. Also without Part 2, Jojo wouldn't have gotten that bizarre as it is but for me the problems overwhelm it's positives but I can see why people like it.

No creativity

kiwifarms.net
Chapter 89 of JoJolion is out. In this chapter we find out how the Head Doctor's stand works (maybe, I still believe it's two stands combined), that Gappy is wanted by the police and went to live in a treehouse/car with Mamezuku, whose legs are fine, but unfortunately his hand gets mauled, further proving the theory that if a character can survive grievous injures you can expect him to get hurt more than the rest of the cast combined.

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
Kind of salty about the OVA announcement. I was hoping for Purple Haze Feedback to get the treatment instead.

Then again, it's Rohan Kishibe. No way Araki didn't want the new manga animated, lol
I think there will likely never be a PHF OVA for the following reasons:

1. PHF's story wouldn't translate well to an OVA unless it has it's own series and even then it wouldn't work considering the amount of internal monologues that Fugo has in it.
  2. PHF will only happen if both Araki and Davidpro are interested in making it which I doubt since the Rohan OVAs were probably worked on during Part 5, and Davidpro would likely focus on working on Stone Ocean after the Rohan OVAs considering the Director of the Jojo anime wants to animate every part.

Uncanny Valley

NO LIVES MATTER
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think there will likely never be a PHF OVA for the following reasons:

1. PHF's story wouldn't translate well to an OVA unless it has it's own series and even then it wouldn't work considering the amount of internal monologues that Fugo has in it.
  2. PHF will only happen if both Araki and Davidpro are interested in making it which I doubt since the Rohan OVAs were probably worked on during Part 5, and Davidpro would likely focus on working on Stone Ocean after the Rohan OVAs considering the Director of the Jojo anime wants to animate every part.
Plus the fact that it's never even been confirmed if any of the light novels are canon or not

Remove Goat

Wendy_Carter's #1 fan and now goat free
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Chapter 89 of JoJolion is out. In this chapter we find out how the Head Doctor's stand works (maybe, I still believe it's two stands combined), that Gappy is wanted by the police and went to live in a treehouse/car with Mamezuku, whose legs are fine, but unfortunately his hand gets mauled, further proving the theory that if a character can survive grievous injures you can expect him to get hurt more than the rest of the cast combined.
As someone who doesn't follow Part 8, I now know what non-Jojo fans feel like when shit's described to them.

Tags
None