Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Gappy

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters

Lackadaisy

great old one
kiwifarms.net
Who's everyone's favorite JoBro?

Gyro is scientifically the best, but I have a soft spot for Caesar, Speedwagon, Mista, Emporio, Okuyasu, Polnareff, and F.F. too. I can't think of a JoBro I actively dislike. Avdol and Kakyoin are probably the blandest, but even they have good moments.

Also, what's your favorite Stand, either design or function wise?

Notorious B.I.G. Infamous Large, Civil War, Green Day, Mandom, Spice Girl, Jail House Lock, Pearl Jam, Oh Lonesome Me, Paper Moon King, Bohemian Rhapsody, and Hey Ya! are some of mine.

Marco Fucko

A climber and a sadist.
kiwifarms.net
Second best JoBro (under Gyro) would be Caesar imo. He gave Joseph the antidote and the last of his life energy, and he came so close to taking out Wamu, who I think has been demonstrated to be stronger than Esidisi.

Favorite stand design wise is probably Tusk and its evolution from small and sad looking into a menacing pink punch ghost. Favorite power is difficult because so many of them are so well designed, with the exceptions of villain stands of course. I guess in terms of powers Hey Ya is great from a novelty stand point since even though I doubt it could stand up to a powerful stand for long, just having this lucky charm as your ability would be extremely useful in life.

Last edited:

Clipper

kiwifarms.net
My second favourite Jobro has to be Okuyasu. He's got a charming personality, his duo episode with Josuke were the best. He also came in for the clutch and saved everyone at the end.

My favourite stand design wise is C-Moon, its just such a cool looking stand. Made in Heaven also has the most awe inspiring and impressive power out of all the stands.

Violence Jack

"Buh."
kiwifarms.net
Polnareff is probably my favorite jobro. Second would be Gyro (of course), third would be F.F. because they were too good a character so they had to be axed.

Polnareff gets some of the best lines and fights in part 3 plus he's very endearing with his backstory (simple it maybe). Gyro is one half of the best hetero-life couple ever depicted in a Japanese comic book. F.F. had the potential to do so much more, but it feels like they had to be taken out due to being really OP similar to Avdol. Also, Hermes was just girl Polnareff and still manages to be less memorable and have no bearing on the final fight. So much stolen glory from the plankton girl corpse.

For stands? Probably a toss-up between Killer Queen and Mandom design-wise. Killer Queen because of its intense neutral expression opposite to the Mona Lisa's melancholic smile (lol what a reach that would be). And Mandom because it reminds me of a medical device that Ringo needs in order to experience his philosophy to the fullest and I like that it's communicated visually.

Function-wise? It has to be Harvest. It's too good of an ability in anybody else's hands.

Last edited:

BuckBumble

kiwifarms.net
Got a weird question but don't really have anywhere else to ask it: a couple years back, some American tranny that lives in Japan released a Jojo book where he managed to get an interview with Araki, and asks him straight to his face if he's secretly in the closet and his wife+kids are some sorta work to suppress his "true" gay nature. Araki dodged the questions, but the book was review bombed to hell and back by Japanese fans. Does anyone recall this incident and what the book and who the person in question were?

Last edited:

DDBCAE CBAADCBE

Buying a Switch & Animal Crossing with Trump bucks
kiwifarms.net
Got a weird question but don't really have anywhere else to ask it: a couple years back, some American tranny that lives in Japan released a Jojo book where he managed to get an interview with Araki, and asks him straight to his face if he's secretly in the closet and his wife+kids are some sorta work to suppress his "true" gay nature. Araki dodged the questions, but the book was review bombed to hell on back by Japanese fans. Does anyone recall this incident and what the book and who the person in question were?
I think I vaguely recall hearing about it in passing from a channel on Youtube but that's the best I've got for you.

Tism the Return

your favorite 60 years old Mega Man boss
kiwifarms.net
Got a weird question but don't really have anywhere else to ask it: a couple years back, some American tranny that lives in Japan released a Jojo book where he managed to get an interview with Araki, and asks him straight to his face if he's secretly in the closet and his wife+kids are some sorta work to suppress his "true" gay nature. Araki dodged the questions, but the book was review bombed to hell and back by Japanese fans. Does anyone recall this incident and what the book and who the person in question were?
Never heard of it, sounds fake and gay no pun intended.

Marco Fucko

A climber and a sadist.
kiwifarms.net
I understand that a solid chunk of JoJo screams gay, but tbh I always saw it as youthful/drug fueled energy to just mix a bunch of things together to make something unique. Like if you start laying it out as if you were going to tell a normie about it, JJBA sounds absolutely ridiculous in terms of aesthetics/flavoring, but I'm pretty sure that's why it works.

"Uh yeah I'm writing this multigenerational action adventure series where everything's named after music I listen to, all of the clothing is gaudy high end designer stuff and whenever I feel the need to hard shift gears I can just kind of do that."

nenko

death metal uguuuu <3
kiwifarms.net
I understand that a solid chunk of JoJo screams gay, but tbh I always saw it as youthful/drug fueled energy to just mix a bunch of things together to make something unique. Like if you start laying it out as if you were going to tell a normie about it, JJBA sounds absolutely ridiculous in terms of aesthetics/flavoring, but I'm pretty sure that's why it works.

"Uh yeah I'm writing this multigenerational action adventure series where everything's named after music I listen to, all of the clothing is gaudy high end designer stuff and whenever I feel the need to hard shift gears I can just kind of do that."
Isnt it homophobic to assume because he takes inspiration from old action movies to now high fashion that he must be gay? He has a wife and kids, that's proof enough that he isn't gay.
Also, Araki's work is generally inspired by western media, so ofc he's gonna go for flashy and elaborate designs in his art work. It's the complete opposite of Japanese media.

queerape

Gorilla gorilla goes Gorillaz
kiwifarms.net
Isnt it homophobic to assume because he takes inspiration from old action movies to now high fashion that he must be gay? He has a wife and kids, that's proof enough that he isn't gay.
Also, Araki's work is generally inspired by western media, so ofc he's gonna go for flashy and elaborate designs in his art work. It's the complete opposite of Japanese media.
I feel like a lot of the English refereces are how JJBA got so popuar in the west. I mean I first wanted to watch it so I could see how many references to English movies and music that I like I could catch. It's a nice bridge between my weeby interests and the non weeby interests i have.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
Modern sensibilities are that being slighted out of the norm means you aren't hetero and that it's okay to label someone straight as gay but not vice versa.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: juwo

Marco Fucko

A climber and a sadist.
kiwifarms.net
JoJo should bridge the generational gap between Boomers, Zoomers, and everyone in between. Its the biggest reason why Zoomers are listening to Boomer rock. Look at any David Bowie Video on YouTube and the comments are infested with JoJo references
Something I love about manga songs like Tusk or Ballbreaker is their comments have stuff like "Hey JoJo fans see you in 2030".

Tags
None