JoJo's Bizarre Adventure -

• Sorry about the recent downtime. The database server is being autistic. The beatings will continue.

Who's your favorite JoJo?

• Jonathan

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Joseph

Votes: 52 46.0%
  • Jotaro

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Josuke

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • Giorno

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • Jolyne

Votes: 11 9.7%
  • Johnny

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Gappy

Votes: 5 4.4%

• Total voters

Megaroad 2012

FUCK IT UP, PIGFACE!
kiwifarms.net
Isnt it homophobic to assume because he takes inspiration from old action movies to now high fashion that he must be gay? He has a wife and kids, that's proof enough that he isn't gay.
Also, Araki's work is generally inspired by western media, so ofc he's gonna go for flashy and elaborate designs in his art work. It's the complete opposite of Japanese media.
I've brought this troon up before, but Matt "Rachel" Thorn who somehow is in charge of a manga department at Kyoto's womens university and founder of the international manga museum also in Kyoto (pretty dope, recommend) likes to slander a bunch of manga artist on twitter.

He/she enjoys saying "I knew Saint Saiya guy was gay the second I shook his hand like Araki."

Ironically Matt Thorn has proved himself not very knowledgable in JoJo when he was trying to point out how David Production made the show too hetero or something with sexy female characters, missing the point that sexy female characters were in the source material.

Edit: I'm a tard who thought it was "Thorne"

Last edited:

Megaroad 2012

FUCK IT UP, PIGFACE!
kiwifarms.net
That's the stupidest thing I've ever read. I don't know who this Matt Thorne is but he should have a thread here.
Unfortunately they protected their twitter buuuuuuuut, I can still find some of the tweets on google:
Screenshot_20200102-163747_Chrome.jpg

Type in his name and twitter and you can find all sorts of shit. Most of it on queerness and other shit he acts like a gatekeeper of nevermind this dope is all projection.

I tried to find archives of his old site for a thread awhile back but unfortunately most of it has been nuked, but they used to champion a study done on early elementary japanese grade schoolers asking them if they're trans or not. You know, an age group that doesn't know much about the world let alone themselves.

Last edited:

BuckBumble

kiwifarms.net
I've brought this troon up before, but Matt "Rachel" Thorn who somehow is in charge of a manga department at Kyoto's womens university and founder of the international manga museum also in Kyoto (pretty dope, recommend) likes to slander a bunch of manga artist on twitter.

He/she enjoys saying "I knew Saint Saiya guy was gay the second I shook his hand like Araki."

Ironically Matt Thorn has proved himself not very knowledgable in JoJo when he was trying to point out how David Production made the show too hetero or something with sexy female characters, missing the point that sexy female characters were in the source material.

Edit: I'm a tard who thought it was "Thorne"
That's the one! This is the definitely the dude I remember trying to label Araki himself as living a double secret life as a gay man. No wonder I couldn't find that tweet now that he's gone protected.

Megaroad 2012

FUCK IT UP, PIGFACE!
kiwifarms.net
That's the one! This is the definitely the dude I remember trying to label Araki himself as living a double secret life as a gay man. No wonder I couldn't find that tweet now that he's gone protected.
And I want to reiterate that this is a man who somehow has gotten considerable influence in Kyoto too.

Like I said, he's one of the head honchos on the international manga museum. Thinking back to my visits, I realized in this room that had sculptures of various famous mangaka hands and a sketch by them, Araki and Saint Saiya guy aint there so maybe they're aware?

Am curious why he locked his twitter; probably being a gaijin troon and running your mouth about famous artists got his dumbass in trouble.

I'll take a look later on Jason Thompson's twitter later, he's the former JoJo editor from Viz's first attempt at the series over a decade ago and how I found Thorn so maybe he said something.

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I understand that a solid chunk of JoJo screams gay, but tbh I always saw it as youthful/drug fueled energy to just mix a bunch of things together to make something unique. Like if you start laying it out as if you were going to tell a normie about it, JJBA sounds absolutely ridiculous in terms of aesthetics/flavoring, but I'm pretty sure that's why it works.

"Uh yeah I'm writing this multigenerational action adventure series where everything's named after music I listen to, all of the clothing is gaudy high end designer stuff and whenever I feel the need to hard shift gears I can just kind of do that."
I once heard Araki being described as not knowing anything outside of Japan to the extent anything outside of Japan is a post apocalyptic mad max hellscape with huge exaggerations of it.

And I want to reiterate that this is a man who somehow has gotten considerable influence in Kyoto too.

Like I said, he's one of the head honchos on the international manga museum. Thinking back to my visits, I realized in this room that had sculptures of various famous mangaka hands and a sketch by them, Araki and Saint Saiya guy aint there so maybe they're aware?

Am curious why he locked his twitter; probably being a gaijin troon and running your mouth about famous artists got his dumbass in trouble.

I'll take a look later on Jason Thompson's twitter later, he's the former JoJo editor from Viz's first attempt at the series over a decade ago and how I found Thorn so maybe he said something.
I thought the Japanese didn't care for mentally ill gaijin dictating their shit to them? Maybe he's like their token pet? I don't see the Japanese bowing in deference considering how utterly xenophobic they are.

Sort of like the Chinese like white people. They'll treat us like pets and want us around for prestige, but the second we start talking back its CHINA NUMBAH 1. Pretty much the entirety of Asia is this way. So for a mentally ill troon to work their way in someone wanted a pet. Then they shit on the rug.

The 3rd Hooligan

I have no eyes but I must shitpost
kiwifarms.net
*looks at the Pillar men*

How do you get more gay than that?!
Not to mention the whole Josuyasu thing, Savage Garden and Bruno and Abba scenes and many more. In fact DP made it even gayer.

Though nothing tops Eng Dub of Lupin III's columbus files in making source material full on gay romance :biggrin:

But seriously all those people wanting to insert sexuality in places where it doesnt matter like Jojos are just wasting their energy. Do they really need it gay to enjoy it?

• Optimistic
Reactions: wtfNeedSignUp

Cosmos

Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just added a poll where you can vote for your favorite JoJo.

Personally, my favorite is Jonathan (although Joseph is a very close second). He's so under-appreciated and I just think he's the nicest and most noble character ever. I love his sense of justice, his kindness, and his determination. My boy was done so dirty by the end of Phantom Blood.

Like I said, Joseph is a very close second because he's just objectively hilarious and fun. He's like an IRL shitpost and Battle Tendency wouldn't have been nearly as fun without Joseph running around and getting himself out of sticky situations with his insane wit. Imo Stardust Crusaders would have really benefited from giving Joseph more of the spotlight, but I understand that Araki wanted to give the new characters a chance to shine (because let's be real, Joseph could have easily overshadowed them).

I like all of the JoJos, honestly. They're all great characters.

kūhaku

I've become bored of a world like that.
kiwifarms.net

Personally, my favorite is Jonathan (although Joseph is a very close second). He's so under-appreciated and I just think he's the nicest and most noble character ever. I love his sense of justice, his kindness, and his determination. My boy was done so dirty by the end of Phantom Blood.

Like I said, Joseph is a very close second because he's just objectively hilarious and fun. He's like an IRL shitpost and Battle Tendency wouldn't have been nearly as fun without Joseph running around and getting himself out of sticky situations with his insane wit. Imo Stardust Crusaders would have really benefited from giving Joseph more of the spotlight, but I understand that Araki wanted to give the new characters a chance to shine (because let's be real, Joseph could have easily overshadowed them).

Always has been and always will be Giorno for me. The OG translations for vento aureo weren’t that bad and I don’t know why people disliked them that much, but even before the colored team redid the translations I just fell in love with part 5 and Giorno plays a part in that.

A single cheeto

Freelance Police Sped Unit
kiwifarms.net
Jonathan is bae. I mean, he was intelligent, driven, and cute. Plus he had an adorable pet dog. Erina was a lucky woman. I wish we could've seen more of him.

Gappy and Johnny are tied at second. Gappy's a cutie pie, and his strange tics such as sleeping under the bed are endearing. Johnny's determination and dry humor are pretty great.

Also, rate me late, but I don't think I've seen anyone post these amazing fan-made stand eye-catches:

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net

Personally I like Jolyne since she has a lot of Jotaro's edge but makes it unique where she is her own character of a spunky badass character. She also has great character development that makes her more interesting and mature as a person. I also appreciate how she is clever with her use of her stand which may not be as impressive as the stand using Jojo's before her but she makes clever use of it.

Jolyne is probably one of the best examples of a strong female protagonist in Shonen and despite the setting, Araki treated her with respect and didn't try to make her gender make up for most of her character which I for sure would've seen other hack writers do.

Saxxon

Sperging on the internet is the future of society
kiwifarms.net
Jolyne is also one of my favorites, not only the way that she uses Stone free is really clever, she also has one of the best development as a character in all the series from "I hate you dad" to an actual person with objectives and purpose.
Same way with Johnny, Araki took everything that made Jolyne great and put it on steroids with him. I think Johnny is the first example of what I can think of in which the character starts as an unlikable crybaby to eventually see the wrong of it's ways and make a change to the better, overall his story gives a good message.

Cosmos

Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Jonathan is bae. I mean, he was intelligent, driven, and cute. Plus he had an adorable pet dog. Erina was a lucky woman. I wish we could've seen more of him.
Glad to meet another Jonathan fan! I really do love him. I mean, the man was so badass, determined, and strong that he even earned Dio's respect. I really think Jonathan is the only person Dio ever admired and respected (he likes and trusts Pucci and sees him as a friend, but I don't think he respected him the way he respected Jonathan). Dio killing Jonathan and stealing his body was actually a twisted form of respect (Dio's such a total narcissist that he thinks killing you and taking over your body is the best thing that could happen to you, because who wouldn't want to be part of KONO DIO).

I'm lowkey salty that Jonathan wasn't brought up more in Stardust Crusaders, considering how important he was in Phantom Blood and to Dio's development in general. I always thought Araki should've had Dio see Jonathan in Jotaro's face as he was dying, just to drive it in that Jonathan finally won for good. Or fuck, at least have Joseph relay some of Jonathan and Dio's history that he learned from Erina or Speedwagon.

Always has been and always will be Giorno for me. The OG translations for vento aureo weren’t that bad and I don’t know why people disliked them that much, but even before the colored team redid the translations I just fell in love with part 5 and Giorno plays a part in that.
I really like Giorno! I love how he's a mix of Jonathan and Dio's best features. I heard someone explain it really well, that Giorno has the heart of a Joestar and the drive of a Brando. Like Dio, Giorno is highly ambitious (he's the only JoJo who initiates their Part and acts instead of having something happen to them and reacting) and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty, but like Jonathan he has life-giving powers (Hamon vs Gold Experience) and a strong sense of justice and nobility. I'm still mad that Araki didn't have him return in Stone Ocean, where we could see how he's done as the Don of Passione (like Araki seriously wrote a subplot where Dio's other sons are introduced and play a big role but Giorno is nowhere to be seen... smh).

Personally I like Jolyne since she has a lot of Jotaro's edge but makes it unique where she is her own character of a spunky badass character. She also has great character development that makes her more interesting and mature as a person. I also appreciate how she is clever with her use of her stand which may not be as impressive as the stand using Jojo's before her but she makes clever use of it.

Jolyne is probably one of the best examples of a strong female protagonist in Shonen and despite the setting, Araki treated her with respect and didn't try to make her gender make up for most of her character which I for sure would've seen other hack writers do.
Jolyne is great, I love her character development and her interactions with Jotaro. She's tough and badass while still having a vulnerable and soft side.

I'd really love to see another female JoJo. Actually, I've always thought that it would be awesome for the protagonists of Part 9 to be twins (Joanne and Joshua? Joan and Jonas? Josephine and Jordan?)

the autist of dojima

Six scoops
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So, i havent read jojolion in some months
Is the beetle freak jobin the main villain or is this another diavolo situation where the villain only appears in the last 20 minutes

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
So, i havent read jojolion in some months
Is the beetle freak jobin the main villain or is this another diavolo situation where the villain only appears in the last 20 minutes
It's pointing to Jobin based on his recent actions or it's a shared spot with him and the head doctor

Gar For Archer

kiwifarms.net
Jolyne is my favorite with Joseph being a close second, losing out mostly because Jolyne just has a cooler power that’s way better utilized than Hermit Purple. During the C-moon fight I totally saw the Möbius strip thing coming (but in a good way, not in a “thats obvious/cliche” way) so it’s one of the few times a character wins a fight by actually using a logical application of their powers instead of a complete ass-pull.

For me, Jotaro and Giorno are both kind of bland and a bit too overpowered for my taste - though Giorno suffers more from it because Jotaro is at least established to be borderline autistic. Giorno is also surrounded by the best cast of team members and villains, which makes his relative lack of characterization stand out even more (compared to Starust Crusaders’ relatively one-dimensional main cast). Part 4 Josuke is perfectly serviceable and I have nothing against him, and Jonathan works great for the part he’s in so no real complaints there.

Not really sure if I even want to rank Johnny and Gappy with the first 6 Jojos. I’d probably put Johnny slightly above Josuke and Gappy between Jotaro and Giorno.

• Agree
Reactions: Saxxon
Tags
None