JoJo's Bizarre Adventure -

• Sorry about the recent downtime. The database server is being autistic. The beatings will continue.

Who's your favorite JoJo?

• Jonathan

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Joseph

Votes: 52 46.0%
  • Jotaro

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Josuke

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • Giorno

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • Jolyne

Votes: 11 9.7%
  • Johnny

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Gappy

Votes: 5 4.4%

• Total voters

Marco Fucko

I fantasized about this back in Chicago
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Jonathon was a good character, kind of vanilla but I also appreciated his earnestness.

Joseph was definitely tons of fun, young and old. His natural cleverness and his needing to work his ass off to be ready for the Pillar Men turned out to be a deadly combination, and I appreciate the idea such a strong character got a "weak" stand to help balance him out and pass the torch on to the next generation.

Jotaro is okay. I like his continuation of Joseph's "noble asshole" shtick, albeit in a different way. He seems to get kind of boring as he grows older, though. Unlike Joseph, he gets sidelined due to getting a career and that's less appreciable to me. Not that there's anything wrong with getting a career obviously, but the fact that he just lets his stand ability stagnate over time, while believable, isn't something I'm super down with. The Gohan of JJBA.

Josuke is a better Jotaro in my opinion. He still has the noble masculinity attributed to delinquents in fiction, but he leans into it more strongly. We never see more of him to my knowledge, so we don't know if he lets Crazy Diamond stagnate or if he mellows out and becomes a mechanic or artist or whatever, but I appreciated his gregarious nature and his yankee aesthetic while it lasted.

Giorno is a really cool example of throwing the concept of a golden child or messiah figure into a world as dark as organized crime. He values the "honorable" side but understands that mob activities are hurtful to a lot of people and wants to end that. I don't like how Araki didn't make use of Diavolo's true weakness (the fact he needs to activate both King Crimson and Epitaph, meaning that Araki had to give him literally impossible reaction time to make sure Mista couldn't take him out), and the ending is probably one of the more deus ex-y of the JJBA franchise, but I also like how Giorno achieves his goal in the end. ONE PROBLEM THOUGH WHY THE FUCK WASN'T HE IN FLORIDA

Jolyne's complex and I ended up liking her. The friend who got me into JJBA actually advocated that I skip part 6, in his opinion Jolyne doesn't work because you can't directly translate inter-male honor/fighting social dynamics to a female and have it really work, but in my opinion Araki makes her more masculine appropriately enough, and it does end up working. I can absolutely see Jolyne being the way she is since we've basically established that Joestars are hot heads prone to delinquency, and those traits get amplified when social stresses like absentee parents are involved. All in all she's solid, not my favorite but solid.

Johnny is cool, I like the flipping of Jonathon from a total gentleman into a pompous dick with the reinterpretation of him into an American. I also like that he's already suffered for his attitude and is starting out from rock bottom. Much like Killua, his friendship is his saving grace and what stops him from continuing down his darker path. Gyro is best friend, the bonding they do over time is absolutely great. I actually came into this thinking I'd be voting Johnny but tbh I seem to be cooling on him. I like the fact that he has to evolve his stand over time, and I like the reversal in power themeing wherein Johnny gets control over a space-related stand whereas villain stands are usually associated with time manipulation.

I haven't read Jojolion yet, gas me.

So I guess Joseph>Johnny>Josuke>Giorno>Jolyne>Jonathon>Jotaro.

juwo

kiwifarms.net
I'm lowkey salty that Jonathan wasn't brought up more in Stardust Crusaders
This, his "presence" in any way would've added so much to the fight and the conflict itself, reinforcing the idea that this is the end of a centuries-old struggle. Oh well.

You know what was the perfect opportunity to let Jonathan shine outside of Part 1? The Eyes of Heaven game, in which he could've been used as a final solution to the DIO menace, as objects from parallel universes destroy each other when they come in contact, and the uberDIO obviously has Jonathan's body as well. Imagine the weight of a possible scene where Jonathan has to sacrifice himself once again, embracing DIO one last time. Nope, gotta have another Jotaro "same type of Stand!" wankfest...

1551020207143911686.jpg

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
Personally I like Jolyne since she has a lot of Jotaro's edge but makes it unique where she is her own character of a spunky badass character. She also has great character development that makes her more interesting and mature as a person. I also appreciate how she is clever with her use of her stand which may not be as impressive as the stand using Jojo's before her but she makes clever use of it.

Jolyne is probably one of the best examples of a strong female protagonist in Shonen and despite the setting, Araki treated her with respect and didn't try to make her gender make up for most of her character which I for sure would've seen other hack writers do.
Going to talk about the other Jojo's now (not Johnny as I am still in the middle of reading SBR and Jo2suke)

Jonathon was a good protagonist. He's not the best but he is a viable protagonist that worked well in the story that he was in, and even if he wasn't the most interesting, I do admire his very kindhearted nature. He also is a great foil to Dio and follows the hero's journey really well.

Joseph is a character I enjoy but didn't like him in the story he was in as while I enjoy this goofball, the story he was in sort of hampered him IMO and he was much cooler in Parts 3 and 4 where he worked off the story much better. This is mainly because he had a fine balance of being a major character and not stealing the spotlight which is my problem with him in Part 2 is that he felt overexposed. It's like having candy and enjoying it, but eating too much candy can make you sick which is Joseph's weakness. It didn't help that he was the one doing all the major battles and defeated all the pillar men by himself with little help from other characters directly save for Kars when he had Stroheim's help.

Jotaro is just a cool guy and was just a meh protagonist in Part 3 but he became a much better character in the future parts that he was in such as Parts 4 and 6 where he became a great mentor figure to various characters like Josuke, Koichi, and Jolyne. Jotaro was meant to be stoic and he had his moments in Part 3 but he felt like a background character in the first half due to Polnareff, but he thankfully got the screentime he needed in the second half especially in his fights with N'Doul, the D'Arby Brothers, and DIO.

Josuke was my former favorite protagonist as he had the best traits of Jotaro and Joseph to make them his own, and he feels like the most realistic of the teenage Jojo's in terms of his behavior. He also has nice subtle character development where he gets more responsible with his powers and uses new clever ways of using his stand. Josuke also probably had some of the best character dynamics because he had great chemistry with Okuyasu, Koichi, and Rohan plus he had a very good dynamic with Kira in terms of being seen as a rowdy delinquent but actually having a heart of gold while Kira was seen as a respectable businessman but was viewed as a demon.

Giorno is probably my least favorite Jojo. He's not horrible as a character but he feels more like a supporting character rather than a main character which is not a bad thing per say, but it's offputting. His character development was subtle and I'm pretty sure literally everyone says this but it's interesting to see what traits he has from Jonathon and Dio. However, I feel Giorno is a character who can't stand on his own and needs someone else to balance him out like Mista or Bruno, which further reinforces why I feel he's more of a supporting character. Despite that he was the most pro-active of the main Jojo's as he went out of his way to go against the Boss instead of reacting.

So essentially:

Jolyne > Josuke > Jotaro > Jonathon > Joseph > Giorno

Like all the Jojo's are good but some were weaker than others in their own ways but were still good protagonists at the very least.

Unoriginal Username

Playing a Real Shen Megoomi Tensay Game
kiwifarms.net
Reactions: Draza

A single cheeto

Freelance Police Sped Unit
kiwifarms.net
Who is everyone's favorite character(s) from each part? For me it'd be:

Part 1: Speedwagon and Jonathan

Part 2: Caeser and Wamuu

Part 3: Polnareff

Part 4: Koichi

Part 5: Mista, Polnareff, Ghiaccio, Risotto, and Doppio

Part 6: Foo Fighters

Part 7: Johnny and Hot Pants

Part 8: Gappy, Yasuho, Norisuke and Daiya

Cosmos

Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

For me, it’s:

1. Jonathan
2. Joseph
3. Polnareff
4. Okuyasu
5. Giorno and Mista
6. Foo Fighters
7. Gyro
8. Yasuho (haven’t actually read JoJolion yet but from the little I know it’s obvious that Yasuho is Best Girl)

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net

Part 1: Dio

Part 2: Stroheim and Lisa Lisa

Part 3: Joseph and Polnareff

Part 4: Josuke and Kira

Part 5: Bruno

Part 6: Jolyne

Part 7: Gyro

Part 8: Haven't read it yet so I'll just pick Joshu since the out of context panels for him make me think I'll enjoy him ironically.

A single cheeto

Freelance Police Sped Unit
kiwifarms.net
For me, it’s:

1. Jonathan
2. Joseph
3. Polnareff
4. Okuyasu
5. Giorno and Mista
6. Foo Fighters
7. Gyro
8. Yasuho (haven’t actually read JoJolion yet but from the little I know it’s obvious that Yasuho is Best Girl)
Part 1: Dio

Part 2: Stroheim and Lisa Lisa

Part 3: Joseph and Polnareff

Part 4: Josuke and Kira

Part 5: Bruno

Part 6: Jolyne

Part 7: Gyro

Part 8: Haven't read it yet so I'll just pick Joshu since the out of context panels for him make me think I'll enjoy him ironically.

Yasuho is an angel, and Joshuu is a dirty little rat man, but I don't think I hate him. But we can all agree: Polnareff is great.

Last edited:

MightyBiteySnake

DEPRESSED SNAKE DEPRESSED SNAKE
kiwifarms.net
Just finished part 7 tonight; holy shit what a ride. So far my favorites were part 4 and 6 as a runner up, but I think this took that 2nd place spot.

Part 1: Zeppeli, Honorable Mention: Speedwagon, for being the character that made me love part 1 first read
Part 2: Wamuu
Part 4: Josuke
Part 5: Mista
Part 6: Ermes
Part 7: Johnny/Gyro split, leaning Johnny tbh

Marco Fucko

I fantasized about this back in Chicago
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So I'm pretty sure this hasn't been posted yet, but if it has just tell me and I'll delete. Beautiful AMV about best JoJo's life:

Tags
None