A single cheeto

Freelance Police Sped Unit
kiwifarms.net

Cosmos

Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I managed to accomplish what many start out and fail: convince a friend to watch it.

Normally, he'd just watch an episode or two for a show a day but he only started maybe a week ago and is past Enya in part 3 so I'm taking that as a sign he likes it.
ONE OF US, ONE OF US

That's so cool, way to go! I convinced a friend to watch it and she was the same way. Blew through the entire series (up until Part 4 at the time) in like a month and then read Parts 5, 6, and 7 over the course of a couple of months. I was the same way, actually, I think it took me less than a month to binge Parts 1-3 and the first few episodes of Part 4 (all that was available at the time) and then got to experience JoJo Fridays with DIU.

When you get hooked on JoJo, it really hooks you in.

A single cheeto

kiwifarms.net
I managed to accomplish what many start out and fail: convince a friend to watch it.

Normally, he'd just watch an episode or two for a show a day but he only started maybe a week ago and is past Enya in part 3 so I'm taking that as a sign he likes it.
That's funny, because that's where my Dad left off. My Mom and Dad have been watching GW dub (I know, I know, EW DUBS), but my Dad is the only one who insisted on watching all the other parts too. He got to Enya/Enyaba just last night.

No Exit

Lol to cow
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's something about Dads and dubs. My dad LOVES the Stardust Crusaders dub.
Ended up watching an ep of Naruto years back on TV and my Dad watched it with me and my brother. His words were something like "For a cartoon this is pretty good."
But to be fair it was the Chuunin exams, so it was the only good part of Naruto anyway.

Reactions: A single cheeto

Cosmos

Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dads 4 Dubs. In all seriousness I think it's because it's just easier to watch something in English, rather than having to read and understand the subs.
It helps a lot that the standards/quality of dubbing have greatly increased in the last decade. I’m a puritan so I only watch subs but I have caught some dubbed episodes of some anime and I’m impressed with how far the dubbing world has come. It makes it a lot easier to recommend anime to casuals (who tend to favor dubs for the reason you said), I can recommend them without feeling like I’m offering up an inferior product.

Reactions: A single cheeto

A single cheeto

kiwifarms.net
It helps a lot that the standards/quality of dubbing have greatly increased in the last decade. I’m a puritan so I only watch subs but I have caught some dubbed episodes of some anime and I’m impressed with how far the dubbing world has come. It makes it a lot easier to recommend anime to casuals (who tend to favor dubs for the reason you said), I can recommend them without feeling like I’m offering up an inferior product.
I hope I'm not getting too OT, but there are a few good dubs, like the old Pioneer dub of Lupin the Third. In all honesty I think it depends on the script, and and the actors/their interactions with the other staff.

Back on topic: I'm really really wondering how Dad will take both the Alessi and Mariah fights.

• Agree
Reactions: Draza and Cosmos
Tags
None