• Gappy

Votes: 5 6.9%

• Total voters

Cosmos

Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you didn't know, there's actually a pretty active community dedicated to finding any material relating to the 2007 Phantom Blood movie. Yeah, there was a Phantom Blood movie before the actual anime came out in 2012. It was done by the same studio as the Stardust Crusaders OVAs. However, it's considered lost media because it was never given a home release; it was in theaters in Japan and was seen by people, and it had promotional material, but we can't actually watch it because a print of it was never made available to the public. We still don't know why, but presumably the film still exists somewhere.

Anyway, as the page I linked shows, there are people who have spent a lot of time and effort collecting the artwork/promotional material and any other information available. They even found a promotional video made in 2004 that acts as a test pilot for the movie. Although it contains scenes that were never actually added to the finished movie, including Speedwagon (yeah, Speedwagon isn't in the movie, fucking RIP).

FrostiFusionZ on Twitter has been compiling a lot of content and adding it to Imgur and the JoJo Wiki. He recently added settei (character artwork):

EVrTJ-iXkAEDzBL.jpg
EVrTHFLXkAM-5za.jpg
EVrTIRFWsAA2Sdj.jpg
EVrTJZmWAAAZ5v1-1.jpg

You can see/download the full-sized scans here.

Francis York Morgan

FBI Special Agent
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Who is everyone's favorite character(s) from each part? For me it'd be:

Part 1: Speedwagon and Jonathan

Part 2: Caeser and Wamuu

Part 3: Polnareff

Part 4: Koichi

Part 5: Mista, Polnareff, Ghiaccio, Risotto, and Doppio

Part 6: Foo Fighters

Part 7: Johnny and Hot Pants

Part 8: Gappy, Yasuho, Norisuke and Daiya
Old post but whatever.

Part 1: Speedwagon
Part 2: Caesar and Joseph
Part 3: Joseph
Part 4: Josuke
Part 5: Bucciarati
Part 6: Ermes and Pucci
Part 7: Gyro
Part 8: Yasuho

Zaryiu

I miss the time when the show was good
kiwifarms.net
So i'm interested in reading and Watching Jojo Bizarre Adventure utb i don't have the money to buy the manga and i want watch the show even if my internet doesn't work
I did find a torrent for the Manga that goes through Part 8 partially but there's only leechers and only leechers for a part 1 to 4 Anime torrent
Anyone able and willing to help?

Last edited:

TaimuRadiu

Kaiserin
kiwifarms.net
If you didn't know, there's actually a pretty active community dedicated to finding any material relating to the 2007 Phantom Blood movie. Yeah, there was a Phantom Blood movie before the actual anime came out in 2012. It was done by the same studio as the Stardust Crusaders OVAs. However, it's considered lost media because it was never given a home release; it was in theaters in Japan and was seen by people, and it had promotional material, but we can't actually watch it because a print of it was never made available to the public. We still don't know why, but presumably the film still exists somewhere.

Anyway, as the page I linked shows, there are people who have spent a lot of time and effort collecting the artwork/promotional material and any other information available. They even found a promotional video made in 2004 that acts as a test pilot for the movie. Although it contains scenes that were never actually added to the finished movie, including Speedwagon (yeah, Speedwagon isn't in the movie, fucking RIP).

FrostiFusionZ on Twitter has been compiling a lot of content and adding it to Imgur and the JoJo Wiki. He recently added settei (character artwork):

View attachment 1251665View attachment 1251666View attachment 1251667View attachment 1251668

You can see/download the full-sized scans here.
Here's a cursed video for ya.

Hopefully on topic, here's a recording I made off of a Japanese SDR from a Japanese radio station. I'm pretty sure it's about Jojo. I can't speak moon or understand it very well.

Attachments

Reactions: Cosmos

Cosmos

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So i'm interested in reading and Watching Jojo Bizarre Adventure utb i don't have the money to buy the manga and i want watch the show even if my internet doesn't work
I did find a torrent for the Manga that goes through Part 8 partially but there's only leechers and only leechers for a part 1 to 4 Anime torrent
Anyone able and willing to help?
Torrenting is probably your best bet, then. This is the site that I use to torrent JoJo and other anime (try this search). As for the manga, the JoJo subreddit has a page where you can download PDFs of both the colorized and black and white manga. It also includes links to read the manga online for free.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
Is it me or every arc after 2 had the main character be less important and plot related than a side character?
3: Polnareff has just about as much reason to deal with Dio and personal connection to some of the Stand users.
4: Koichi is more connected to Kira and has character developement.
5: Bucciarati is the leader and is far more assertive.

Trashfire Garbagefuck

Hot Carl
kiwifarms.net
Volume_46.jpg

Is it me or every arc after 2 had the main character be less important and plot related than a side character?
3: Polnareff has just about as much reason to deal with Dio and personal connection to some of the Stand users.
makes sense with koichi, the story was always told from his perspective. it's not as much about josuke, as it is about him watching josuke. and if he's not there someone else does it, like hayato. in a sense part 8 is like that too, it also starts with yasuho narrating, and I bet it will end that way too. she gets even more focus chapters too. josuke in this part has to develop though, because he starts with nothing and has to find his identity to begin with. part 4 josuke is this larger than life already developed static figure, like goku or yusuke or something.

Last edited:

Cosmos

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So I found this interview of Araki by Shoko Nakagawa (an idol singer who sang the opening for Gurren Lagann). It's actually fucking incredible.

The best part:

vlcsnap-2020-04-30-20h48m37s931.png
vlcsnap-2020-04-30-20h48m42s833.png
vlcsnap-2020-04-30-20h48m49s069.png
vlcsnap-2020-04-30-20h48m56s082.png
vlcsnap-2020-04-30-20h49m01s476.png
vlcsnap-2020-04-30-20h49m06s720.png
vlcsnap-2020-04-30-20h49m11s834.png
vlcsnap-2020-04-30-20h49m18s061.png

I'm genuinely so mad "Araki predicted 9/11" isn't a meme in the JoJo fandom on par with the Torture Dance and WRRRYYYYYYY.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
However, it's considered lost media because it was never given a home release; it was in theaters in Japan and was seen by people, and it had promotional material, but we can't actually watch it because a print of it was never made available to the public. We still don't know why, but presumably the film still exists somewhere.
That's because Araki fucking hated it, and he must've strut his way into Studio APPP and told them "Fikusu disu shitto" and they pulled the movie shortly afterwards. Who knows why it hasn't been found and leaked online, surely someone at a theater saved the reel for safe-keeping, but they might've been ordered to give them all back and it wouldn't surprise me if everything got burned instead of saving them in an underground safe to forget about it. But most likely it was lost in the shuffle to David Production when APPP lost the rights.

But maybe people aren't checking out warehouses in Japan near where APPP was housed (probably because they can't?). If anything has survived, it'd be sitting in a warehouse. Although I think it's interesting 16 minutes of the film managed to make its way into an animation instructor's hands for his classes. I think he's been tracked down and contacted for information, but he didn't have much more to give.

EDIT, trigger-happy finger:
I'm genuinely so mad "Araki predicted 9/11" isn't a meme in the JoJo fandom on par with the Torture Dance and WRRRYYYYYYY.
I think it briefly was when that episode aired, but it dropped off as quickly as it came.

EDIT 2: Ooh, ooh, wait, quickly looked through YouTube comments of the pilot and someone mentioned that maybe there's legal issues in releasing it to the public again. It could be possible that when the film got released to theaters, someone from some big label or something got super pissed a song or likeness or whatever was used without permission and threatened legal action over it. Then APPP got into trouble for having the Quran in one of the episodes and basically were sued(?) into bankruptcy (especially with how costly Skywalker Studios is, it's possible the movie bombed and that's why they closed their doors, they couldn't pay back).

Last edited:

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
Well Part 3’s first half was like that with Polnareff but Jotaro felt like more of a focus in the second half of Part 3.

Koichi was the narrator of Part 4 and Josuke was written to be more of a friend.

Bruno though I feel that makes more sense as Giorno feels more like a side character in his own part.

However, Parts 6 and 7 clearly make Jolyne and Johnny more center stage, especially Part 6 since Jolyne carries the part along with Pucci and she has probably the strongest growth of the main Jojo’s IMO

Cosmos

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
EDIT 2: Ooh, ooh, wait, quickly looked through YouTube comments of the pilot and someone mentioned that maybe there's legal issues in releasing it to the public again. It could be possible that when the film got released to theaters, someone from some big label or something got super pissed a song or likeness or whatever was used without permission and threatened legal action over it. Then APPP got into trouble for having the Quran in one of the episodes and basically were sued(?) into bankruptcy (especially with how costly Skywalker Studios is, it's possible the movie bombed and that's why they closed their doors, they couldn't pay back).
I've heard that this is the far more plausible and likely scenario for the Phantom Blood movie being released instead of "Araki hated it" (which, to my knowledge, no one has been able to track down him saying that. I mean, he totally could, he may have just not said it publicly). Around the same time the Phantom Blood movie was released APPP was in pretty bad legal trouble. Iirc they were a pretty small studio who wasn't able to weather legal battles as well as larger studios.

I honestly think legal issues is the reason why we never got a home release of the Phantom Blood movie. Even if it was a box office bomb, those still get a DVD release (because the company who made them want to try to recoup as much as they can with DVD/streaming sales). And I feel like they would have released the movie by now if they were able to; JoJo's had several milestone anniversaries since the movie came out, and the series has exploded it popularity both in Japan and abroad thanks to the anime. They'd be silly not to release the movie to get money and generate hype, so imo it's not that they won't, it's because they can't. I have a feeling a copy of the movie still exists somewhere, it just can't be released for legal reasons.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've heard that this is the far more plausible and likely scenario for the Phantom Blood movie being released instead of "Araki hated it" (which, to my knowledge, no one has been able to track down him saying that. I mean, he totally could, he may have just not said it publicly). Around the same time the Phantom Blood movie was released APPP was in pretty bad legal trouble. Iirc they were a pretty small studio who wasn't able to weather legal battles as well as larger studios.
I'm also thinking that because the OVAs literally cost a shit-ton of money to make most likely because of having Skywalker Studios doing the sound design (really cool, but remember this was during a time where the bubble was just about to burst but everyone had too much money to blow), APPP was most likely in some kind of debt by the time they were making the movie. They were still collaborating with Skywalker Studios, too, they were so dedicated to their business relationship that it was damned if they do, damned if they don't. But it's still strange to see how much the look changed within three years between the PVs and trailers to the actual movie itself.

Really, JoJo's animation history is written like a Shakespearean tragedy at this point.

Tags
None