Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Gappy

Votes: 5 6.7%

• Total voters

Marco Fucko

#FagPrideWorldwide
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why are half of the leitmotifs/amvs with Risotto Nero an unrelated Metallica song.
Nero's Stand is a rather specific reference to the Load track "Until It Sleeps", yet half the time I see people putting on shit like Of Wolf and Man or Fade to Black. The little metal boys say "Load" in the manga, even.

Robert James

Not your average John Smith
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sorry if this has been covered but outside of resetting the universe and making people lose their favorite characters why is their so much hate for Stone Ocean?

I mean it's well paced, the fights are interesting, it has some of the better concepts for stands, it frankly adresses how stands all have relative power, Jolyne's a good character, and it gave us Foo Fighters.

Why are half of the leitmotifs/amvs with Risotto Nero an unrelated Metallica song.
Nero's Stand is a rather specific reference to the Load track "Until It Sleeps", yet half the time I see people putting on shit like Of Wolf and Man or Fade to Black. The little metal boys say "Load" in the manga, even.
If I'm not mistaken until recently Load was one of the least liked Metallica albums and was to some extent a different version of metal that was slower and less harsh , for lack of a better term I am no music critic I'm going off of reaction to the albums, so people tend to ignore it or not listen to it. Also while Araki may be a music nerd most fans aren't so if they aren't given a direct song name they'll just pick something they know or something that is popular.

No Exit

Lol to cow
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sorry if this has been covered but outside of resetting the universe and making people lose their favorite characters why is their so much hate for Stone Ocean?

I mean it's well paced, the fights are interesting, it has some of the better concepts for stands, it frankly adresses how stands all have relative power, Jolyne's a good character, and it gave us Foo Fighters.
Personally I've got nothing against SO but it could be because Puchi is a weak villain compared to the others as far as attitude and motivation goes and the Heaven plot was all over the place.

But part 6 introduced Flaccid Pancake so I don't get how anyone could hate it.

Reactions: Marco Fucko

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net

Well as someone who really loves Stone Ocean, I guess the hate for it comes from the confusion of the ending, the minor antagonists not being as developed as Part 5's minor antagonists, the Punishment Ward Arc, and probably misconceptions of Pucci being another Dio minion than his own character.

Also there are Part 5 fanboys who bitch that Giorno didn't save the day.

Trashfire Garbagefuck

Hot Carl
kiwifarms.net
Well as someone who really loves Stone Ocean, I guess the hate for it comes from the confusion of the ending, the minor antagonists not being as developed as Part 5's minor antagonists, the Punishment Ward Arc, and probably misconceptions of Pucci being another Dio minion than his own character.

Also there are Part 5 fanboys who bitch that Giorno didn't save the day.
true official unofficial canon: giorno was there, but he was having too much fun at disneyland to save the day with gold experience requiem. "huh the planet is spining really fast thats kinda weirOHFUCK IT'S MICKEY HI MICKEY" and then it was too late.

also part 6 has the least interesting main cast and the weakest fights, I'm not surprised people came out of it unenthused. I approved of the ending though. it still felt like a cop-out and giving up on everything he had built up in that universe, but the series had clearly plateaued at that point and he needed to break free, which gave us the excellent parts 7 and 8.

Tags
None