• "Yeah, tells you a lot about what sad, pathetic losers frequent Kiwifarms when they even stalk someone like me, huh?"

Careercow Jonathan Bishop (Crocels News/Research/Press/Base/Trolling Academy, Dzon Bishop, BonathanJishop)Droning mentalist, failed politician, pseud, self proclaimed Internet trolling expert.

Discussion in 'Lolcows' started by Ginger Piglet, Aug 18, 2016.

Forum Guidelines

Lolcows are people and groups whose eccentric or foolish behavior can be "milked" for amusement and laughs. They are not countries, political figures, celebrities, your highschool bully, or some random YouTuber who doesn't involve himself in drama.

• Be civil.

Don't get angry over Lolcows. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.

• Hide your powerlevel.

Avoid revealing intimate, embarrassing details about yourself. This is not your blog and we are not an asylum.

• Don't backseat moderate.

You are not a moderator. You do not decide if a thread is to remain open or not. You do not decide if someone is a lolcow or not.

• Don't white knight.

Don't turn threads into an intervention. If you want to help, contact them privately. True lolcows reject advice.

• Do not create topics about forum members.

If you believe someone discovered by their account on the forum deserves a thread, ask staff first.

• No trolling plans.

We are not an autistic Illuminati. If you embarrass yourself or the forum trying to troll, we will ridicule you.

• Topic titles should contain aliases.

Keep thread titles as brief as possible and use all their different usernames.

• Archive everything.

Use archival tools to preserve content forever. Upload directly to posts where applicable.

1. Following the Angel Garden / Steve Paris rabbit hole led me to the expert's report they commissioned for the purposes of their lolsuit. It was written by a so-called Internet Trolling Expert who gloried in the name of Jonathan Bishop.

Here he is:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

He's a local councillor in the Rhondda Valley in south Wales. As well as being the CEO of Crocels Press Ltd, Crocels Research, Crocels News, and similar. He must be taller than he looks. He's also the author of numerous academic articles and books and chapters. However on reflection, there's something that doesn't smell right about all this.

My suspicions about Jonathan Bishop were aroused when I read his report on the Angel / Steve trainwreck and noticed that all his citations were things he himself had written in such publications as "The Journal of Internet Trolling and Online Participation." That, and chapters of books that he'd written. Okay, I thought. There's an outside chance he actually is an eminent academic and has done serious research into trolling, but the stuff he was putting in his report was frankly wrong and contrary to established fact. So I kept digging.

It turns out that Jonathan Bishop is a self-referential pseud who went to frankly extraordinary lengths to look like an expert and to give his arse-pulled spergings respectability and credibility. He also has a rather vindictive streak and maintains an alter ego, Dzon Bishop, who he claims is a character he's created but who exists almost solely to snipe at petty officials and bureaucrats that have wronged Jonathan Bishop in the past. I think the easiest way to organise this post would be to go through sub-headings for each of his blogs, publications, etc. and explaining what's lolworthy about them.

Crocels News / Crocels Research

(Link: http://news.crocels.com)

Normally, when people set up a blog, they simply write their opinions about things. Lolcows, however, tend to pretend to be some sort of news service and then quote themselves in it at length. We're all familiar with Vordrak and his Matthew Hopkins News blog, The idea seems to be that this gives them credibility and the less observant might think that they're a TRUE AND HONEST news reporting organ.

Jonathan Bishop goes one step further.

He has set up his own company, The Crocels Press Ltd, which has him and his minion Mark Beech as directors. Crocels stands for "Centre for Research into Online Conduct and E-Learning Solutions." So now you know. It claims to operate "the Crocels Research Centre" which poses as a foundation for research into online... things, and in turn has as its press release / PR arm Crocels News.

Crocels News is transparently Jonathan Bishop's blog. If you look at the tag cloud on it, his name is the largest tag. Most of the articles are written by him. Yet in a typically autistic manner, they're from a neutral third person perspective, with Jonathan Bishop giving a lengthy quote about it all. It all rings hollow and looks preposterous when his name is at the bottom.

Aside from his spergy ranting about trolling, there's also something slightly manospheroid about his blog, with a "what about the mens?" aspect to it. There's also an article in which he asspats Angel Garden & Steve Paris and criticises the judge who dismissed their lolsuit for, among other things, donating £75.00 to a pro-Legal Aid campaign (here, here, here, and here). These posts are also perfectly encapsulative of his pretentious and wanky style of writing.

Crocels Research is where he posts his scholarly articles from such worthy publications as "The Journal of Internet Trolling and Online Participation." More on that later.

He also uses himself as a rent-a-quote from his own research centre on just about anything under the sun. Given his political leanings, they tend to be pro-Jeremy Corbyn and manosphere leaning.

Oh dear.

JonathanBishop.com

(Link: http://www.jonathanbishop.com/)

Onto his main website. Have a look at the picture of him posing with his HND (associate's degree, or thereabouts) on graduation day gurning at you from the upper right corner.

[​IMG]

(Yes, intellectual poperty. We're off to a good start already.)

There's another blog, this time mostly about the Labour Party and how wonderful his local Labour Party is and how Jeremy Corbyn is the best thing since a sex sandwich and his critics are all traitors and Blairite shills. It's pretty dismal stuff, really. However, this is the site which really causes me the most hilarity because it shows us all his publications.

Here they are:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That's a lot of writing. He must be a TRUE AND HONEST expert then - HANG ON...

Why are all of his articles and book chapters published by a press called IGI Global in Hershey, Pennsylvania? And what's the International Journal of Internet Trolling and Online Participation that he's published loads of stuff in? Why, it's his own academic journal that he, under the Crocels Press name, set up to publish his own spergy ramblings about trolling so he can claim to be an eminent academic!

And I looked into this IGI Global lot. They're a vanity publisher, basically. They exist as a print on demand for academic journals so you can look like you're more in demand for your writings and papers than you are so hopefully a TRUE AND HONEST journal might pick you up.

Here's a picture of him with his book, the first scholarly book all about Internet trolling:

[​IMG]

And a royalty cheque. Ahh no. It's another IGI Global spectacular. And that's not really in front of the UN building. It's a greenscreen.

The only one of his pieces not in his own journal or an IGI Global publication is published by the appropriately named Aspatore Books, of Boston, Massachusetts.

Oh dear.

JonathanBishop.biz

(Link: http://www.jonathanbishop.biz/)

This is his commercial arm. He has more arms than Shiva, clearly. On this site, which uses the same lazy looking logo as his political / academic site, he claims that:

The accounts filed with Companies House (here) tell a different story:

[​IMG]

I would have thought a company that's doing so well in IP licencing and acquisition in such lucrative sectors would have more than £70 assets in the world.

Yes, it's him being a Walter Mitty. Again. He is no more an expert in intellectual property than I can lick my balls.

Oh dear.

Dzon Bishop

(Link: http://jonathanbishop.me.uk)

This is his evil alter ego which sometimes appears on his main sites and blogs. This is where the real salt can be found as he proceeds to crypost about people in his life (usually manajerks and jerkops and their equivalents) who have upset him recently. None of them seem remotely bothered by this because other than myself, I don't think anyone in the entire world has read this.

The posts fall into a regular pattern of "I wanted something I wasn't entitled to, this person wouldn't give me it, REEEEEEEEEEEEE." They go back several years and at least one is him getting salty about a woman who fired him from volunteering at the CAB in 2006. Posted in 2012. And I think he's still salty about her to this day.

Note the tagline. "Trolling through Life." It's okay, he doesn't really mean these things, he's just trolling. Yeah right. Like lolcows passim were only pretending to be exceptional.

Dzon Bishop also has a twitter (@Jonathan_bishop) in which he posts vaguely manospherical things and spergy nonsense about how rape threats are nothing to get butthurt over and sperging about how men are the real victims are sexism and retweeting manospherical hangers-on and similar speds. Once again, he's only pretending to be exceptional trolling.

Oh dear.

The Trolling Academy

(Link: http://www.trollingacademy.org/)

They say a picture tells a thousand words. Well, you asked for it:

[​IMG]

Dig that 1990s Web 1.0 design and claims to be linked to Swansea University (I'm sure if you rang them up they'd deny all knowledge, frankly, and I'm tempted to do just that tomorrow when it's working hours again.) And that MS Paint logo. Oh yeah.

Also most of the links are dead.

One of the few functional pages on the site sets out the 12 Types of Internet Troller. Given that bishop is supposed to be a world renowned expert in trolling, he would surely know that it's a troll, not a troller. However, he writes it like it's some sort of terrible RPG sourcebook:

Original here.

I don't know how much more I can take. I'm genuinely lost for words. In fact, many of these people aren't even trolls. And what is a MHBFY when it's at home? Or a Snert? Where do these words come from??

Oh dear.

Twitter

He has at least three twitters:

https://twitter.com/jonathan_bishop
    https://twitter.com/jonathanbishop
    https://twitter.com/votejonathan

He gets very excited when someone quotes him and spreads it to all and sundry in a fit of SENPAI NOTICED ME. Despite the fact that anyone who paid attention can see that he's a pseud who knows as much about trolling and online participation as I do about the industrial synthesis of azide compounds.

[​IMG]

Academic Research

I haven't even begun to try to read his self-published academic research. I have only so much energy to read spergy nonsense and I'm all tapped out, like a novice Magic the Gathering player every turn. Needless to say, if his report on Angel Garden and Steve Paris is anything to go by, it's full of arse-pulled stuff and made up words. What is a "bleasure" at all? And what's with the co-opting of the French legal term "motif" for purposes that would get you chased out of any French court by baguette-wielding bailiffs (in French legal jargon, a "motif" is an item of legal reasoning. It's literally a "motive" owing to which the Court comes to its decision.)

Maybe in an update post I'll giggle at this.

Oh dear.

Conclusion

Jonathan Bishop is a vanity publishing pseud who talks himself up like nobody I've ever seen for some time.

• Informative Informative x 37
    • Winner Winner x 14
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 6
    Ginger Piglet

Ginger Piglet CAMAB Male-Presenting Lesbian
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
    • Like Like x 3
    • Feels Feels x 2
    chimpburgers

chimpburgers Big league
    True & Honest Fan Wiki Sysop

kiwifarms.net
  2. Oh this should be fun another moron from the Political sphere who probably obsessively googles his name?

Oh joy of joys, Walter Mitty land here we come!

• Agree Agree x 6
    Ponderous Pillock

Ponderous Pillock Fuckin Samsquantches, Lolcows. All of it fucky.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  3. One of his twitters is vote johnathan but what was he running for?
    Or from?

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    An Ghost

An Ghost No bones about it
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  4. Troll Control

Like Animal Control, but more butthurt and exclusively online so he can just sit and gain weight,

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    Feline Darkmage

Feline Darkmage Cat Burglar
    Staff Member Moderator True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  5. Being a local Labour councillor in the Rhondda Valley, I assume.

Which is basically an excuse to sit and gain weight at the taxpayer's expense, to be fair. The Rhondda is Labour through and through. It's a former coal mining area and back in the day the town of Maerdy therein was known as "Little Moscow."

• Informative Informative x 6
    Ginger Piglet

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  6. It's not even research, it's just spewing random crap. For it to be considered "academic research", it should be subjected to review by other researchers (or people that has a bit of knowledge on what you're writing about) which will make sure that all you're saying is correctly based on other previously accepted research, have a good basis and basically that you're not making shit up. In other words, exactly the opposite to what this fag is doing.

According to his bio: "... and has been a school governor and contested numerous elections, including to the UK Parliament."
    In other words, he tried to be in the big leagues only to get ridiculed.

As I copy pasted that sentence from his website, this shit appears: "Any use of this must be done in according with the terms and conditions at: http://jonathanbishop.com/facts-and-information/terms-and-conditions/ - Original source: http://www.jonathanbishop.com/biography/#ixzz4HilNyvuW"

Oh noes, I'm making use of this without caring to the random terms and conditions a random sperg made out, I'm such a troll. Speaking of his bio, it's full of crap as expected, speaking in third person and trying so hard to sound interesting: "Jonathan has won prizes for his literary skills and been a finalist in national and local competitions for his environmental, community and equality work, which often form part of action research studies.", it's just missing how his literary skills lead him to almost win that spelling bee competition when he was in 3rd grade and that is totally relevant.

• Winner Winner x 8
    Zvantastika

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
    • Informative Informative x 9
    #8 philhellenic, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    kiwifarms.net
  7. Let's change that OP! The world needs to know the Kiwi Farms are the only TRUE AND HONEST troller expert conglomerate on the Internets! Keep us updated!

Does this guy have no fear of getting caught over his fake academic network? How much money is there in trolling research anyways for him to have put so much effort and money into this entire facade? The quality of his writing makes me think of a teenager mimicking a serious dissertation style. Everything about him shouts of crippling :autism: to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    keksz

keksz Verified nobody

kiwifarms.net
  8. Okay, so, at the suggestion of @keksz and @Replicant Sasquatch and other users, I've had a read through of some of his academic writings.

As theorised, they are just as autistic as we all feared.

The first thing I noticed was that he really, really, really, likes his 12 types of trollers, sorry, trolls, that he's posted on the Trolling Academy. Many of his papers incorporate this just to fill up space, most likely. Speaking of filling up space, he likes to go and quote extensively from mostly off-topic books and journals by TRUE AND HONEST sociologists or make reference to them. NOTICE ME SENPAI much?

In this paper, he spills vast amounts of ink to prove that lurking, flaming, trolling, etc. are, in fact, what we all thought they were. Why? Because :autism: as expected.

In this paper, he repeats his 12 types of troller, AGAIN, and then proceeds to develop something he calls the "This is why we can't have nice things" scale with is some sort of questionnaire for filtering out trolls. Or, to give it its academic name, TIWWCHNT-20.

There's another papers in which he refers to Chatroom Bobs (one of the 12 types of troller) as being lolcows and that they are particularly deleterious to online communities.

Then there's this. In which he responds to the 2011 riots by advocating some sort of whacked out abolish-the-police-but-don't-really system to prevent violent crime and the causes of same. It's incomprehensible and if it wasn't in black on white PDF format it would be reminiscent of Time Cube.

And then this. In this paper, he proposes that online misogyny can be dealt with by importing misspelt French legal concepts. Which he also manages to wholeheartedly misrepresent and misunderstand.

As you no doubt expected, he quotes himself and his other works repeatedly. I've yet to find a continuous loop (where he quotes himself which quotes himself which quotes the first piece) but I'm betting it's there.

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Feels Feels x 4
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Ginger Piglet

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  9. This thread has received a copyright claim that is found here:
    https://kiwifarms.net/threads/2016-...-dmca-copyright-infringement-complaint.23586/

It is my opinion that the claimed images (screenshots of his websites) are used fairly in this context for critique and/or ridicule.

Also worth mentioning is that screenshots of a website are typically the property of the person taking the screenshot. In existing case law that I have found, the person taking a picture of a webpage is analogous to a photographer taking a photo.

• Winner Winner x 17
    • Informative Informative x 8
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 6
    Lorin O'Landry

Lorin O'Landry Unpaid Legal Adviser, Father, Lover

kiwifarms.net
  10. It begins.

In the UK, this is known as "fair dealing for the purposes of criticism or review" and it's roughly analogous to the US position. It's not like I've not cited the source of these screenshots / photographs or tried to pass them off as my own work, now is it?

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Ginger Piglet

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net

11. So he has no case at all. Lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    facepalm

facepalm Oh Good Lord
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. I already like this guy. Lolcow politicians are my favorite.

• Agree Agree x 5
    kiwifarms.net
  13. Jesus that was quick. Usually this shit happens out of nowhere. Lol.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Feels Feels x 3
    chimpburgers

chimpburgers Big league
    True & Honest Fan Wiki Sysop

kiwifarms.net
  14. Hammering on this swirling vortex of sheep buggery autistic spergery his shitty blog super cereal news org decided to ramble off a number of emails to Cardiff University (archive) for holding hustings that, "weirdly", chose not to include the Official Monster Raving Loony Party or the Green Party in their hustings. Instead they chose to have in people likely to win seats (namely the "main" UK parties a defined broadly across England and Wales) back last year.

It's about as autistic as you can expect, lots of stupid sperging back and forth with a very bored admin team member who had to handle this stupid series of questions.

The replies are great as if Crocels is actually read or known by anyone of any importance and no the self aggrandizing dick stroking of a coucillor nobody gives a hit about or particularly remembers.

TL;DR we've found Vordrak's Welsh Counterpart.

EDIT:

...this is basically him proposing the Judge system from fucking 2000 A.D.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    Ponderous Pillock

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  15. if they meet up halfway do they become unstoppable juggernauts of autism that finally, finally takes down the queaky form -- or just become really sexually attracted to one another

• Winner x 7
    • Semper Fidelis x 4
    • Feels x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Horrifying x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  16. Right then, let's earn those copyright claims, shall we?

[​IMG]

(Source: http://jonathanbishop.me.uk/4709/unplugged-and-uncut/tom-daley-twitter-trolling/)

To be fair, his post on the topic isn't all that stupid; I do sort of agree that there was a massive overreaction to what was frankly just an autistic online slapfight. But have a look at these comments on things. Once again, he's just pretending to be exceptional, or so he no doubt would say.

Also note that he calls himself "Jonathan Bishop LLM." I have an LL.M, as it happens. And I'm a qualified solicitor. But I don't call myself "Ginger Piglet LL.M, Solicitor" because people who cockwave about the alphabetti spaghetti after their name ate guaranteed to be pseuds.

Oh, nicely found! Nicely found indeed!

As if anyone gives a rodent's rectum about the Monster Raving Loony Party. They've not been amusing since the days of Tarquin Fintinwhimbinwhimbinlin Bus Stop F'tang F'tang Olé Biscuit-Barrel. (And I can't believe I remembered that whole name.)

*shudder*

Someone rate this horrifying, please.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Horrifying Horrifying x 1
    Ginger Piglet

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    NotAKitty

NotAKitty Yes no exactly
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  17. Right now it's like... 50/50?

I mean it's entirely possible this is his less successful mirror universe welsh counterpart and if they touch they turn into that weird ass blob monster thing in Time Cop.

Lord Flying Brick is quite an entertaining fellow. I've met him a couple of times now.

I think his point is somethinsomethingsomethng "UKIP IS EATING LABOUR VOTES WAAAAA!" and wanted to try and cut them out of the debate on the basis of "other parties have more candidates". He just uses OMRLP as a lead in for... some reason (:autism:) when actually the exclusion of the Greens was a more valid line.[/QUOTE]

• Informative Informative x 6
    Ponderous Pillock

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net